Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for sshahraz > Reviews

Browse

sshahraz's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sshahraz RSS Feed

LaTeX Beginner's Guide
LaTeX Beginner's Guide
by Stefan Kottwitz
Price: $44.99
44 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, no hesitation, December 9, 2012
This review is from: LaTeX Beginner's Guide (Paperback)
I looked at any single review of the offered similar titles in Amazon and decided to purchase this one. I am happy. Here are my reflections:

1. Great size, so a serious reader can read and practice it in less than a week and become a working LaTexer!
2. The chapters are incremental
3. To the extent I practiced it the examples are all correct and working
4. Full of examples that can solve the problems

Are there LaTex problems that have not been addressed by this book? Of course. There are so many subtle ones that one needs to search internet to get a good handle on them.
I recommend the book to all beginners.

Step2  Naturally Playful Sand Table
Step2 Naturally Playful Sand Table
Price: $47.99
26 used & new from $47.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but...., December 9, 2012
I cannot get it five star. Let me review it shortly:

Pros:
1. Relatively inexpensive
2. Comes in a compact box
3. Super easy to assemble
4. Very light (good for move it to any place)
5. The cover works well

Cons:
1. Very light (can wobble)
2. Not shallow enough as a real water table but enough for sand play

I wish it was a bit heavier and shallower.

Stanley Electical Cord Holder with Retractable Arm (Model Number33950)
Stanley Electical Cord Holder with Retractable Arm (Model Number33950)
Offered by Global Luxury*Sales
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $4.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and does the job, December 9, 2012
I received it by some delay. However, this is a great product. Why five star?

1. Strong stuff
2. Very light
3. No sharp edges, so safe to manipulate
4. Inexpensive
5. Accommodates long wires
6. Has a usable handle
7. Both ends of the wire can be hooked and stay in place

Its wonderful but simple design let it be a very useful product.

HDE USB 2.0 High Speed Mini 4 Port Hub
HDE USB 2.0 High Speed Mini 4 Port Hub
Offered by HDE
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Graet item but ....., December 7, 2012
I received it fast and in a secure package. I am using it for both my PC and Mac. This is a great piece and I could not find (at least on Amazon) something that can compete with it. The only little problem I have with this unit is that it is a bit loosely connected to the USB drive. Every time I want to hook up more than 1 external device to this port I have to hold on to the unit and make sure it does not get disconnected.

FujiTime Men's M367WG-A Adatara-Series Classic Gold Bezel Black Leather Band Automatic Watch

1.0 out of 5 stars Trendy but did not work, June 21, 2012
It was a gift for my father-in-law. He put it on. It worked only for a few hours and stopped working while it was still on his wrist. He adjusted the time but it happened again in couple hours.

Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach (with Economic Applications, Data Sets, Student Solutions Manual Printed Access Card)
by Jeffrey M. Wooldridge
57 used & new from $12.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive intro, February 6, 2011
I am a first year PhD student in health policy and just started reading the book and now I am half way done with it. Seems to me that the book is not for just skimming through. One needs to read through it and get back to it when s/he tries to fit a regression model of his or her own. The book is precise and comprehensive and I would say flawless. I hope , when I am done reading it, I will keep it as my core econometrics reference.

Carolina Pad Pearl Stripe Personal Notebooks, 7 x 5 Inches, 80 Sheets, 6-Count, Colors May Vary (26651)

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not hesitate to buy this!, January 20, 2011
I have bought this from a store in Boston. The price is pretty much the same and I had to pay a bit for tax. Compared to similar products in the market this one is really a good deal. Its papers are soft, Turning pages is quite convenient. The covers are stiff and strong.

BAZIC 120 Ct. 5" X 7" Personal / Assignment Spiral Notebook (Case of 36)
BAZIC 120 Ct. 5" X 7" Personal / Assignment Spiral Notebook (Case of 36)
Price: $53.99

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, January 20, 2011
Compared with what I have seen so far and given its price this is one of the best in the market! Easy to write on, and very convenient to turn the page. It's soft, and with low risk of paper cut!

VCT 5000 WATTS HEAVY DUTY CONTINUOUS USE STEP DOWN TRANSFORMER CONVERTS 220/240V TO 110/120V. MODEL VOD 5000
Offered by VCT ELECTRONICS
Price: $119.99

1.0 out of 5 stars worse than worse, January 13, 2011
Not reliable! It stopped working after a couple months of working well. The specs of this transformer were all a good match to what I wanted and I don't see any reason why it's not working any longer.
Don't trust this heavy but unreliable adapter.

Health Care Reform Now!: A Prescription for Change
Health Care Reform Now!: A Prescription for Change
by George C. Halvorson
Price: $23.46
98 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, November 24, 2010
I am a PHD student in Health policy. I read the book through. All the points Mr. Halvorson has made is quite reasonable. His suggestions are all thinkable. The only issue I found with book is that he has gone too much through his ideals for the future healthcare system. One example is his suggestion about creating Infrastructure Vendors (wholesalers of healthcare system). He has even created an abbreviation for that, IV. There is not such a notion in US healthcare yet. Although his idea is great. Overall, the book is really worthy reading.