Profile for Andrew S. Lamott > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andrew S. Lamott RSS Feed (Minnesota)

Invicta Men's 0569 Vintage Collection Mechanical Skeleton Stainless Steel Watch
Invicta Men's 0569 Vintage Collection Mechanical Skeleton Stainless Steel Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars For the money, can't beat this skeleton watch, April 17, 2011
$125 i think. Very high quality product for the price. The test will be in 5 years and what the condition will be. My Omega Seamaster looks new after 6 years, but I can't expect the same results.
I will sometime just stare at how the timepiece works. Neat piece of engineering.

Invicta Men's 0563 Russian Diver Collection GMT Carbon Fiber Dial Black Ion-Plated Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars It's larger than you might think, March 11, 2011
It will be a lot bigger than you think when you get it. My friend said it looked like it should be on flav o flav.
So, either go to Kohls (they carry Invicta now) before hand. Or measure up a mock one.

Besides the size, the rest of the watch is top notch. I really liked the rubber/linked band with clasp. Very comfortable.

I ended up returning it and getting a refund, minus the return shipping cost of $5.

Invicta is a high quality product, but be ultra careful on the description. Even though it was only 8mm bigger than my current Omega seamaster, my friends thought it looked ridiculous.
Peer pressure won.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2011 8:57 PM PDT

Panasonic VIERA TC-P54VT25 54-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV, Black
Panasonic VIERA TC-P54VT25 54-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Picture perfect! Plasma was the right choice., January 2, 2011
Did lots of research, spoke to a bunch of salesman... after I returned my impulsive purchase of a Vizio 55" 480hz LCD. (feel free to read why I returned the Vizio) VIZIO XVT3D554SV 55-inch 1080p 480Hz 3D LED HDTV with Full Array TruLED, Smart Dimming and VIZIO Internet Apps http://www.amazon.com/review/R3JVPXUY0A7E10/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R3JVPXUY0A7E10

I thought Plasma was dying technology due to the overwhelming number of LCD's at the store for the bad rap it gets for not being as bright, being too hot, poor energy rating, and image retention. Problems which have been fixed on the newer models. The brightness difference you're seeing at the store between LCD and Plasma is the reason for the consumer movement to LCD (IMO). Though, once you get the TV into your home, LCD is much too bright. Even on a sunny day, it wasn't needed.

This TV has a perfect/amazing picture. I've owned it now for 3 weeks and have seen zero noticeable defects. Judder, ghosting etc.. Watched some content in 3d and I'm hooked. Basketball, football, Xbox Black Ops, and Avatar has been it so far. (lack of cheap 3d content out there, had to upgrade to new cable box (no cost) for the 3d channels) The movie and sporting events were amazing and makes watching in 2d lame. I didn't care for the 1st person shooter in 3d though. 2d gaming is perfect with no delay. I am perfectly satisfied that I purchased the right technology, Plasma.
I sometimes wonder how the Samsung plasma compares due to the following:
1) amount of online menu items seems to be lacking when compared to other brands. When I was shopping for the TV, I was mainly concerned that it would have Netflix. I've used YouTube and I now wish it had a browser as well.
2) The Samsung remote looks much more professional than the Panasonic.
3) When the TV is turned off, it's not nearly as modern looking as some of the other brands.

Can't wait for Netflix to start renting out 3d Blue-Ray movies!

VIZIO XVT3D554SV 55-inch 1080p 480Hz 3D LED HDTV with  Full Array TruLED, Smart Dimming and VIZIO Internet Apps

2.0 out of 5 stars It's very nice, but there is better value out there, December 18, 2010
Purchased it 12/11 at the local Costco for 1999 + tax. This is my 1st large flat screen having come from a 2003 Projection screen with HD. I didn't think there would be that great of a increase in picture quality, but I was very wrong. The picture is stunning and can be distracting for me as I watch a show. In the middle of a movie/show I will randomly say, "Man is this picture amazing". So I have zero fault with the clarity of the picture sharpness. Also, even though I am a very nit picky person, I have noticed very little judder. (people have said the 480hz stat is a gimmic, I don't know what to think about it)

Cons -
The remote has been mentioned by others, so I'll leave that one alone.
Color settings - it's not natural and I don't understand why they couldn't be right from the factory.
Overly bright - someone earlier mentioned putting it in the movie setting to counter and I agree. At the same time, when I normally can't see the picture during the daytime due to reflections, that bright picture does help. (I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth)
Gaming response delay - I play Black Ops on Xbox 360 and the delay is maddening. The stats say 4ms. If that is true, than it's too much of a delay. Initially you end up going past what your aiming at. Once you get used to it, still not the same as being able to aim at your target naturally.
Reliability - after 3 hours of owning the tv, one of the backlit LED array zones went dim. (it's on the left side, 2nd section, of 5, down from the top) Looks like a cloud is over that part of the picture. Maybe it lost it's connection or maybe the dimming sensor is faulty. Either way, I'm a little freaked out and will be returning it for a different brand. That being said, went to Ultimate Electronics and found 2 tv's that I like more for less money. Haven't decided yet, but I like the Panasonic vt25 54" and the Sony 55NX810. Both are $100 less than the Vizio and will hopefully be more reliable and better at gaming.
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2011 1:37 AM PDT

Barbie: Wee 3 Friends - Ballet Doll Set
Barbie: Wee 3 Friends - Ballet Doll Set

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 year olds view, August 8, 2005
I got these for my birthday and love playing dance with them, I just wish there were a way to get other clothes that would fit them too. All they can play is dance or swimming without other clothes to buy. Please make more clothes!