ARRAY(0x9dcb1c30)

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Rodrigues RSS Feed (Kearny, NJ USA)

HQRP AC Adapter / Power Supply for Canon PowerShot S3 IS / S3IS , PowerShot S5 IS / S5IS Digital Camera - with USA Cord & Euro Plug Adapter (Desk Style)
Offered by HQRP-US
Price: $9.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 10, 2013
This AC adapter works perfectly for my PowerShot S5 IS. I was looking for a way to take extended video recordings without draining a large amount of batteries and this definitely fit the bill. It seems a bit flimsy, so I've been handling it with care at all times, but it functions as it should. For the price you really can't go wrong; you'll make your money back in battery-savings alone.

PIAA 11655 H1 Xtreme White Plus 110-Watt Bulb - Twin Pack
PIAA 11655 H1 Xtreme White Plus 110-Watt Bulb - Twin Pack
Price: $60.27
50 used & new from $44.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Good output, lifespan is too short, September 23, 2012
So far I've really enjoyed these headlights. This is going to be my second set. The first set lasted about 1.5 years, if that, and one of them burnt out. Replacing one is silly, so I've ordered another set and I'm hoping they last longer.

These headlights have a considerable amount of light output relative to my stock headlights. My girlfriend drives 30-40 minutes per day and I want her to have the best possible view of the road, so for that reason I'm willing to pay the money.

If they lasted a little longer, I wouldn't feel so bad about the purchase. Since it was my first set I'm going to only subtract 1 star. However if this becomes a pattern I may need to find an alternative with comparable luminescence at a more reasonable price.

UPDATE: My 2nd set has now burnt out in under 1 year of usage. If you're keeping track like me, that's worse than my first set. I've reduced my rating from 4 stars to 2 stars and will be finding a different product for my needs.

Schwinn 20-Function Bike Computer
Schwinn 20-Function Bike Computer

1,426 of 1,484 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Satisfied, June 17, 2008
This bike computer, for the price, is by far the best on the market. How do I know? Because there is no other bike computer that boasts a name brand company, has as many features, and costs as little as this one! I made sure to read all the reviews on Amazon before I purchased this, and I find it disheartening that I was almost swayed to *not* buy it. Fortunately, I read between the lines of all the negative comments and figured their age and/or grammar explained why they had difficulties with the device.

To start, almost everyone is correct in stating it's difficult to install; honestly, it is! The instructions suggest a 1mm distance between the magnet and the sensor, which basically means: as close as you can get it without the two pieces hitting! To achieve this, the task takes a considerable amount of fiddling, but once you find the right spot on the fork and spoke to where they come closest without hitting, you're golden. I spent about 10 minutes doing this. After the magnet and sensor were on, the setup of the computer was a breeze. It asked for wheel diameter (which is required if you want accurate readings of speed, distance, etc), age, weight, time settings, etc. If you read the instructions, it will explain how to set each of these values.

I want to address a few of the complaints on this page. The first was from a young man who said he was riding 60 mph. Your problem: you didn't set the correct wheel diameter! The instructions provide you a handy chart to tell you what code to type in based on the corresponding diameter. Now, if you don't know what a diameter is, or don't have the intelligence to look it up online, you probably shouldn't be using this computer in the first place. If your wheel is 26" and you set it to 15", yes, you will not have the correct and accurate display of your speed!

I read another review that said he couldn't figure out what buttons to push. Answer: READ THE DIRECTIONS! The directions tell you what to push, for how long, and when. They do this for all displays and all features. If you can't figure that out, I don't know what else to tell you. Honestly, there are 2 buttons, are you that stupid?

I read another review that said distance traveled couldn't be reset, nor could the calories or fat burned. WRONG! Yet again, people fail to actually *read* the instructions, and have the nerve to come online and submit a negative review. There are 7 displays that are shuffled with the *right* button. The *odometer* display does not reset, because it's just that, an odometer. Do you reset your car odometer, too? What you're looking for is the *tripmeter* display. The tripmeter can be reset by holding the *left* button for 2 to 3 seconds. When you reset the tripmeter, you also reset the trip timer, and the average speed value which was set during your previous trip. To reset the calories burned or fat burned, go to that feature display, and hold the left button for 2 to 3 seconds. Simple enough?

In summary: this computer is accurate in all its features if you read the instructions and input the correct wheel diameter. Speed, distance traveled, average speed, trip timer, temperature, and everything else, I have found to be 100% accurate. I checked the speeds against a driver and the temperature against a 3rd party thermometer. Since I've only used this product for a couple weeks, I can't tell you how durable or what's its longevity will be, but if the features and accuracy mean anything, I should be using this computer for a long time.

Quick note to everyone who set this thing up wrong and feels foolish for complaining: if you input the wrong diameter, press both buttons down at the same time for 3 seconds and it will reset the whole device so you can input data from scratch. If your speedometer is reading out "0.0" while you ride, you have the sensor and magnet setup wrong. Try to align the magnet with the arrow next to the "Sensor" text.

The key to having a pleasurable experience with this bike computer is to read the instructions. If you don't feel like reading instructions, don't buy this. If you feel you can bare with the idea of reading a bit and want a great piece of hardware at the lowest price on the market, BUY this device.

*** Last Update: March 04, 2012
***

Well, it's now 2012, about 4 years later, and this thing is still running strong. The red face plate has popped off due to excessive dropping (sometimes while riding or just managing the bike in general, I've knocked it off several times). Solved this with some super glue. Aside from dings and dents, still running like a champ.

*** User Manual
***

To those Amazon users that are looking for the user manual for this product, please read below...

I've uploaded scans of the user manual and added it into the "submitted images" area of this product.
You should see some thumbnails underneath the main image for this item, view the rest to see the user manual.
Comment Comments (97) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2014 7:33 PM PDT