Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Dr. Sean > Reviews

Browse

Dr. Sean's Profile

Customer Reviews: 75

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dr. Sean "superseankungfu" RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Japanese Koi Art Wall Art Framed Art Feng Shui Fish Painting 1 576
Japanese Koi Art Wall Art Framed Art Feng Shui Fish Painting 1 576
Offered by exotic_arts_gallery
Price: $139.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great art, great price, great shipping., March 16, 2016
I just got this today, and I'm extremely happy. I chose it because it like the image, but I am very impressed with the vivid colors. It looks great, has a very nice internal frame (with hangars already installed), and it's looking great on the wall. I prefer the piece as it is, just stretched over the frame, but you could put an external frame if you were so inclined. The shipping on this was excellent also, it showed up very well protected, and the art was in flawless condition.

DALSTRONG Santoku Knife - Shogun Series - VG10 - 7" (180mm)
DALSTRONG Santoku Knife - Shogun Series - VG10 - 7" (180mm)
Offered by Dalstrong Inc.
Price: $229.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, I love this knife!, March 5, 2016
This is an excellent knife. It is visually impressive, and technically solid. The blade is well made, the tang has an excellent shape, and the handle is seamlessly integrated. It fits very well in my hand, and I normally use the pinch grip, which this knife seems to be made specifically for. It came in a very nice box with an instruction booklet, a microfiber drying cloth, and an appropriately sized protective sheath. It's light, well balanced, and has been made with some very nice details. I especially like the pommel design.

Before I purchased this item, I read all of the one star reviews, but made my purchase anyway. I'm glad that I did, because this is an excellent product, especially for the price. It's not perfect, but it's close enough. Personally, I don't like the protective sheath that much, because it's got a plastic feel (I would prefer wood), and I don't like the idea of the blade's edge or tip creating little flecks (or dulling) as it moves in and out or rattles. I prefer to clean and dry all of my knives immediately after use, then lay them flat on a cloth in a drawer anyway, so this is what I've done (problem solved, no tears).

Some people will complain about the most minute imperfections, or design characteristics, and then deride an item without balance in their opinions. This is not a Masamune sword, hand forged from a meteorite, and it's not intended for hand to hand combat. It's a kitchen knife, and it will cut the heck out of some zucchini, while looking good, feeling good in your hand. I'm not a knife "expert" , but I am a certified chef, I've use a lot of knives, and I've done my homework into the processes involved with blade making. This is a worthy purchase.

Sandalwood (Nepal) Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil - 5ml
Sandalwood (Nepal) Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil - 5ml
Offered by Prime Time Commerce
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality oil, February 29, 2016
This oil is very high quality. It smells great, lasts for a long time, and has an excellent texture/viscosity.

Halloween Airblown Inflatable Monster Kid with Banner
Halloween Airblown Inflatable Monster Kid with Banner
Offered by MJ World Market
Price: $87.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, high quality inflatable Halloween decoration., October 30, 2014
This is super cute, it's about as tall as an adult and twice as wide. It stays very taut under inflation, and I think it looks really good on the front porch, but it looks like you could put it on the lawn without worrying about it getting ruined (high quality fabric). The fan is pretty quiet too, and it's only 12 volts, so it's not going to cost much to keep going for a few days.

A Twist of the Wrist Vol. 2: The Basics of High-Performance Motorcycle Riding
A Twist of the Wrist Vol. 2: The Basics of High-Performance Motorcycle Riding
by Keith Code
Price: $15.71
97 used & new from $5.23

5.0 out of 5 stars If you ride, read this book., October 28, 2014
This is one of the most instructive books I have read, and I would recommend it to any rider. Obviously some people will get more out of the format than others, and people with different levels of experience will find different things important. I have been riding since 1987, and I found a TON of information that I had completely backwards, or just never even contemplated.

The book itself is fairly easy to read, has lots of illustrations, and room to take notes. It seems like it would be great for a 15 year old, or a 44 year old. No pretense, just data. Personally, I have highlighted about half of what I have read, and I keep going back over it. I can see how some people might be confused, or just resist the information in it, not everyone learns the same way. For me, it works.

In my experience, a book like this is a great augmentation for someone who already knows how to ride, and a fantastic primer for someone who is getting ready to ride. The very best solution, however, is to read the book, and then get some competent (professional) instruction. A lot of the mistakes we riders make are unconscious, and it takes some skill to be able to determine what you are doing wrong, how to point it out whilst leaving the rider's ego in tact (the hardest part ever), and how to safely correct that behavior.

Or don't read it, and I'll just keep lapping you ;^)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my goodness, October 14, 2014
This shirt makes me so happy, it's definitely the original Speed Racer series, and it's a high quality shirt. The image is high detail, and the ink is really laminated well, so it look like it will last for a long time. Awesome purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old School silk screen, October 14, 2014
I'm sure that the image was put onto the shirt using a high tech process, but it looks like an old school silk screen shirt from the 80's (not a photograph), which is perfect for a Mad Max t-shirt. I'm sure that they could have taken the still image and reproduced it perfectly, but this is an artistic rendering, and they used very high quality ink as well. I'm very please with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!, October 10, 2014
I like these boots a lot. I've only worn them for a couple of days, but I am very happy with them. I am a 10.5 US, and these fit perfectly with a sport sock and a polypro sock underneath. The zippers have a great big tab that is easy to get a hold of with gloves, and it's velcro, so it never flops around. The boots also have 3 large velcro zones, witch you can apply different levels of tension to, in order to snug up your leathers, but maybe not the top of the foot so much.

Like all Alpinestars gear, these boots showed up with meticulous stitching and armor points, everything lines up perfectly, and the bright red looks sharp (and matches the red on my GP Pro gloves too, fyi). These boots have good peg feel, but they are pretty comfortable too, and I wear them all day without any issue. I'm probably going to swap out the nylon sliders for metal, just to protect the mounting points, but aside from that, these are perfect for track days.

Alpinestars GP Pro Leather Gloves - Medium/Black/Red
Alpinestars GP Pro Leather Gloves - Medium/Black/Red
Offered by Bombay Motorsports
Price: $239.95
2 used & new from $239.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, October 10, 2014
I love these! My hand size it right at the upper bound of Medium according to their size chart, so that's what I went with. They are a little on the tight side still, but I only have like 20 hours in them, and they are still molding to my shape. I like a snug fit, and am confident that these will break in perfectly. The only problem I've had was getting the cuff over some older leathers. There isn't a whole lot of room in that area, so leathers with neoprene edges and tight zippers work the best.

I'm very pleased with the craftsmanship, all the stitching is meticulous, the armor points are all solid, as is the velcro. I also think that the bright red lines look really sharp, but I do like a little bit of flash on my gear (they match my boots). I think that they are totally worth the money, I very pleased with my purchase, and I know Alpinestars is giving me high quality gear.

Shoei Beacon RF-1200 Street Bike Racing Motorcycle Helmet - TC-1 / Medium
Shoei Beacon RF-1200 Street Bike Racing Motorcycle Helmet - TC-1 / Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid purchase, October 10, 2014
I'm had this helmet for a couple of months now, and I am very happy with it. I used to have an RF-1100, and it was much heavier, louder, and just a little more primitive all around, but it was really bright red. This red is a little on the orange side, so you may want to showroom it first. I like it because it's a little different.

This helmet is relatively light, the shield is solid and easy to use with one hand, and I think that it's a pretty quiet helmet. I normally ride with the visor locked all the way down (the fog guard is very effective), and I use supplementary ear protection, so to me, it's almost too quiet to talk to someone at the track (I definitely need to lift the visor to hear). The airflow is good, with lots of adjust-ability built in for different configurations. The neck strap is pretty basic, but refined with some soft tabs to keep your neck from chaffing.

I will say that when I first put it on the first time, it was a little tight (22.5" oval shaped head here) and I thought I was going to have to return it, but now the padding has conformed, and it's perfect. I haven't gone much over 100 mph (it was on a track, I swear officer) with this helmet, so I don't know how it will do at really high speed yet, but so far it's never shifted on me. It's easy to get on and off too.

I feel like the whole helmet is just refined. Everything on it looks really well thought out, and you can see that they have taken rider feedback and applied it. Shoei puts out good helmets all the time, this is just the current technical iteration if you will (not just a beefed up RF-1100), and I am confident that they are providing me with the leading edge in protection. Let's just hope I never have to put it to the test.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8