Profile for paper tiger > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 169

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

paper tiger "Adriel August" RSS Feed (Carlisle, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Promithi Womens Winter Hooded Fur Collar Thick Padded Long Coat Outerwear Jacket
Price: $20.01 - $59.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Get Two Sizes Bigger and You'll be Good, November 26, 2014
I bought this for my girlfriend as a Christmas gift. She saw it delivered in late November and opened it and tried it on!

She is very tall with long arms. She usually wears a medium of everything however after reading the reviews here on Amazon I thought I would purchase an Extra-Large. It fit her perfectly besides being a little short in the sleeve.

Over-all a nice quality coat at a great price.

Over-all recommended, just make sure to view the size chart and get a size or two larger than usual.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition - PlayStation 4
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition - PlayStation 4
Offered by Bestsku
Price: $47.99
55 used & new from $42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun FPS, Very Good Call of Duty Game, November 4, 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
We go through the same thing each year, seeing a new Call of Duty and Battlefield game, we buy them and play them and we feel like we've played the same game again and again. While Call of Duty Advance Warfare isn't exactly original, it does give us a new way to play with "future" technology creating a new way to revisit the same old thing.

Advanced Warfare gameplay reminds me of classic Call of Duty/Modern Warfare mixed with Crysis 3 - Playstation 3. It is fast, fun and makes you sometimes think before you act as their may be a be a better way of approaching a situation now that you have the technology.

For the most part, this is your basic FPS that we all know and love. The technology, ability to jump/hover/glide and weapon technology make the game more fun and enjoyable. You have a wide range of grenades including EMP, smart and threat which seek out enemies. You also have a drone which you can toss in the air and use to kill enemies from the air. It is difficult at times, but for the most part it is all you could ask for.

What they did right!
+ Not the best graphics in the world, but still very good with many open areas. I wish they would have make this just a next generation game. It would have looked so much better. Close-up textures also look a little blocky.
+ Classic style and control with a future technology upgrade. You have the power to jump, kick/hit, climb walls and eliminate the enemies like never before.
+ Solid FPS with a few challenges. Fun and enjoyable to play.
+ The ability to upgrade your character is awesome, something I really like about this game.
+ Great character models and voice-acting. The sound is also quite good.

What could have used more attention...
- There are a few glitches throughout the game, and from what I have heard, it is inconsistent and different for every player. Some may have issues, so may not. I had an issue where a fellow character who was with me was suppose to open a door for me so we could continue. Well, the character just stood there like a moron and refused to open the door. I reloaded the checkpoint and nothing, so I had to start the level over again. Others have had similar issues, which a future patch could correct. It seems to be random.
- Multiplayer is decent, but the maps seem small and basic. Still a lot of fun and a challenge with the new abilities.
- Longer single-player campaign than Ghosts, but I still wanted more.

Over-all the fun first person shooter we have been asking for. The new technology abilities and weapons, while basic at times, still makes the game fun and more of a challenge at times. I wish the levels wouldn't be so linear at times and more of an open world, but for a FPS this game really pulls off the fun level and over-all game enjoyment factor.

Recommended!

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - PlayStation 4
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - PlayStation 4
Price: $39.99
93 used & new from $31.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun FPS, Very Good Call of Duty Game, November 4, 2014

What they did right!
+ Solid FPS with a few challenges. Fun and enjoyable to play.
+ Great character models and voice-acting. The sound is also quite good.

What could have used more attention...
- Longer single-player campaign than Ghosts, but I still wanted more.

Recommended!

Lords of the Fallen - PlayStation 4 : Limited Edition
Lords of the Fallen - PlayStation 4 : Limited Edition
Offered by Deals From the Wild
Price: $62.99
23 used & new from $47.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Gears of War meets Diablo, October 29, 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I played this game before and after the large update. The update fixed many of the basic issues with the game, like the hugely annoying screen tearing, over-all game smoothness and combat issues. The game was almost unplayable before the update.

I picked this up on release-day mainly because people were saying it looked like Diablo and I have enjoyed playing Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition - PlayStation 4. I have played Demon's Souls as well, and thought it was great, however contained a very frustrating save-game setup as well as being largely difficult. Still a good game though. Lords of the Fallen seems to be a perfect blend of action-RPG and solid combat. It is fast paced and tosses you right into the action. The weapon menu system is almost an exact copy from Diablo, seems like they borrowed things from other top games.

Lords of the Fallen is highly combat oriented and while it's not a simple button-mash game, it also isn't too entirely complex. There is an enemy lock button which locks your eyes on that enemy, you simply need to rotate the enemy avoiding his direct hits and strike whenever you can. If done correctly you can easily defeat most enemies quickly.

What they did right:
+ Solid graphics, gritty with beautiful environments. Smooth running, besides when loading/saving.
+ Great save/checkpoint feature, making it quite winning as compared to Demon's Souls style.
+ The game is fun, and I never want to stop playing. It keeps you going with it's fast-paced action and enveloping world.
+ Takes up a surprisingly small amount of space on the HD. About 9gig (after the update, 5gig before).
+ Gives you the option to save, or to build up your xp points. Neat feature, but may cause frustration.
+ Has an old-school feel, with bosses and all.

What could use some work...
- Very uneven difficulty. Some enemies are extremely easy to defeat, others it takes 10 tries causing a lot of unnecessary frustration.
- At times the over-all game control seems sluggish and the combat accuracy seems off. Some of this could be caused by too much gear, slowing you down.
- The story is a little jumpy at times and really not too deep and meaningful. Due to this, you care little for the characters and what their objective is. The game focuses more on fun exploration and combat.
- Voice-acting is cheesy and quick.

I hear the game is about 17-hours long, and I plan on replaying it to achieve the Platinum trophy. It is a fun, great looking game and over-all quite enjoyable to play. There is a huge amount of frustration, depending on how you play and when you save.

Recommended, but be cautions to save if you feel you may get too frustrated and punch a wall. This is not a big hit game like Diablo, but it is fun to pass the time until something better comes out.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2014 11:02 AM PDT

The Evil Within - PlayStation 4
The Evil Within - PlayStation 4
Offered by We The Little People
Price: $39.25
149 used & new from $28.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Stealth-Horror Game, October 15, 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I am a huge fan of the horror genre for film and games. Also recently released I have been enjoying Alien: Isolation - PlayStation 4, which is an awesome sci-fi horror game which also greatly uses stealth. Over-all this game is great, it has a few minor issues and glitches, however it is a solid horror-stealth game which I have been highly enjoying. Many are complaining that the game doesn't have good graphics and it is simply too difficult. Well, it doesn't have Next-Gen graphics as it is a multi-generation game (PS3, X-Box 360, PS4, X-Box One, PC), and not every game has to look like the Uncharted games. This game does look very good as they were going for horror style and not Call of Duty.

On release-day there was a small update to install and there is a season-pass available to purchase for $19.99 which will give you the upcoming DLC's.

What they did Right:
+ The graphics are actually quite good. It's very dark, but there is a lot of detail and vividness which really makes the game style awesome. The environment, water, fire, blood and everything has a cool style to it.
+ Very stylistic gaming experience. Reminiscent to Resident Evil 4 and the PS3/PSN game Siren: Blood Curse.
+ While there are multiple ways to do things, keeping quiet and taking down your enemies using stealth is probably the best choice.

What is Lacking...
- There are black bars and the top and bottom of the screen at all times. Very annoying.
- The control takes some getting use to. It seems a little cramped as the camera is too close to the character.
- Cut-scenes seem poorly directed and the character models aren't the best. The game looks better than the cut-scenes.
- While the graphics are good, there is some texture popping throughout the game directly after loading or switching scenes during cut-scenes.
- Longer than desired loading times.

Below are a few tips, personal preference, which I set to make the game more enjoyable:

~ Play the game on Survival Mode. It is not very difficult and there is a bountiful amount of supplies.
~ Set the brightness higher than directed. I have it set to 60%
~ Set controller sensitivity higher, I have mine set to 95%
~ Toggle the sneak button, as you will be spending most of the game in stealth mode.
~ Decrease or turn off the screen grain. It will give the picture better depth and provide a cleaner look.

Over-all a great, challenging horror game and while there are some frustrations with the basic mechanics of the gameplay, it is a great stealth horror game and I highly recommend it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2014 6:33 AM PDT

Alien: Isolation - PlayStation 4
Alien: Isolation - PlayStation 4
Price: $48.23
59 used & new from $37.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Playing Alien the Movie, October 7, 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
First off, this is not your usual game. It is extremely difficult at times and is challenging in a way which most new games are not. This is a stealth game for the most part, and it is beautifully crafted. Games are suppose to be fun, and while others say this game is far to difficult, you simply need to find a way to avoid enemy contact. Confrontation is an extreme last option. It is very fun and addictive as I cannot wait to see what is around the next corner. It get's pretty freaky at times and me, a 32 year-old jumped a few times. I love the Alien movies and Alien is my all-time favorite sci-fi horror film.

Day one there is already and update and I expect another patch forthcoming to correct a few small glitches. Also there is a Season Pass which you can purchase for $29.99 which will give you all the future expansion packs and additional levels. Based on how much I am enjoying the game, I plan to purchase the Season Pass.

The graphic are decent, not mind-blowing next-gen graphics, but still very good based on what they were going for. The grit and feel of the ship as well as the sounds really add to the over-all appeal of this game and fit in perfectly in the world of Alien. Style was their main objective, not winning an award for the most detailed coffee mug. The game keeps you very interested and the story and eeriness of the ship keeps you playing. It is an addictive style game and while there are 18 chapters, you can spend a lot of time just wondering around the ship and backtracking to locked doors you now can open. You can build health kits and other gadgets as well, making for more than just a basic first person shooter style game, which this is not.

The game looks like something out of the Dead Space games or Doom3 and plays a little like the Riddick games. There is a very fine static filter to the game, for detail and effect. I personally didn't like this, luckily they give you the option to adjust it accordingly. If you like the movie Alien (NOT Aliens), you will feel right at home. This game captures the style perfectly and the designers must have been huge fans and watched the movie as many times as it took to master the look and feel of Alien.

What they did Right!
+ Awesome style and look, they pulled of the Alien universe perfectly! High attention to detail.
+ The look, the sounds... everything is well done.
+ Stealth and survival is key. Attacking the enemy isn't always the best option. And Aliens are not the only enemy. There are humans and androids as well as the alien.
+ Character models and voice-acting is top notch. Story gets you involved in the characters you meet.

What is lacking...
- Longer than desirable initial load time.
- The cut-scenes are extremely jolty. Seems like the game engine simply isn't powerful enough at times.
- At times the control is a hindrance, it doesn't seem fast and smooth enough. This could be intentional as the game is not a fast-paced action game, but a slow-suspense horror game.
- Can't jump, and maneuvering can be awkward at times.
- There were a few times where I saw an android stuck in a wall and random characters, I assume other non-threatening survivors which were just running around in circles.

Over-all it is a beautifully crafted game which looks very much like the movie Alien. If you want to just run around like a mad-man and shoot aliens, this is not the game for you. This is nothing like the past Alien Marine games and not a Call of Duty style game, this is a suspense-survival game where you are lost most of the time simply trying to live. Also, the "Crew Expendable" gameplay is amazing. They captured the Nostromo and the look of all the original characters from the movie Alien, and used their real voices. So much fun to play!

Highly recommended, if you know what you are getting yourself into and what to expect from the game.

PUMA Men's Cabana Mesh Sport Classic Sneaker,High Risk Red/White/Pomegranate,4 D US
Offered by Fashion For Play
Price: $44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic PUMA, Light and Comfortable, August 15, 2014
I'm a PUMA wearer and always have been. They fit me well and look great. I'm always getting complements on them.

I bought a pair of these Cabaña Mesh Sport Classic kicks in RED and they are very nice and eye catching. One thing I noticed is they seem a tad larger than other PUMA's I own of the same sort of style. I usually wear an 11, however I could have gotten these in a 10.5. They just seem larger than usual.

Also, the red really bleeds. When I opened the box, the white laces had already turned pinkish wherever they were touching the shoe. Also I got my shoes a little wet and they bled through onto my white socks. It's not out of control, like my red shoes are on the rag, it's just something I need to be cautious of if I plan on going somewhere where they may get wet or damp.

Over-all they are great, very light and comfortable. I love the look and style and people are always saying how nice they look. PUMA will continue to be my shoe of choice.

Noah (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
Noah (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
DVD ~ Russell Crowe
Offered by Warehouse Deals 4 Less
Price: $12.81
53 used & new from $7.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Epic Film, Beautiful Blu-ray, July 29, 2014
For starters, I am not a religious person. I was brought up Christian, and while I do believe in something more powerful than myself, I don't subscribe to any specific religion, science is clearly the logical choice. Religion is not fact or fiction, it simply is what you choose to believe in to guide you as needed through your life.

Noah is an adventure movie with action and phenomenal acting. It is beautifully filmed, entertaining and highly enjoyable on all levels. For the religious or non-religious. You must keep an open mind and while we know the story, it has surprises and over-all it is a dark story.

Great PQ and AQ. Once the rain starts it gets very dark, and some scenes seem blotchy. But overall a wonderful presentation.

Highly Recommended, for the story it tells and the visual pleasure it brings.

Enemy [Blu-ray]
Enemy [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Jake Gyllenhaal
Price: $17.89
22 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Deep and thought provoking. Multiple interpretations, June 24, 2014
This review is from: Enemy [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I blind bought this because I liked Prisoners and the trailer very much appealed to my style of film. It is a very deep and thought provoking film. There is a lot to take in, much to view and even times to pause and think about what is happening. In the end, I let the credits roll and just sat and thought. Then I understood what the film was all about. Very cool style and brilliantly filmed and acted by all involved.

The PQ is decent, but a little inconsistent at times. There are some extremely sharp shots, however some of the darker scenes seem cloudy or not as dark as they should be. There were a lot of filtered shots, hazing and other film techniques used, so much of that could have been intentional. The audio is decent, however even when blasting there were a few lines which seemed muffled or too low. Again, maybe intentional.

The extras are short and simple, which I am fine with for a movie like this. There is simply a behind the scenes documentary.

This movie is very odd and probably not like anything you've seen before. again, it can be taken many ways. Some may not be able to get through half of it because it's just too weird, however I loved it an couldn't take my eyes off the screen. I feel this movie is geared more toward men, and I can relate to both Jake Gyllenhaal characters. Women, which have been with men who have been in these situation may also be able to relate. There are two strong female characters in this as well as a wonderful performance by Isabella Rossellini as the mother.

Rated R for nudity/sex and some language. The dislike for this film is by those who never took the time to understand it. I understood it and it touched me and I related to it. It's not all about spiders. Watch it and you will discover what the spider is to the character(s). Think about it before you hate it. Hating something usually means you don't understand it.

As usual, NEVER watch the behind the scenes or making of before the movie, only after!!!

Highly recommended!

Murdered Soul Suspect
Murdered Soul Suspect
Offered by Consumer Express L.L.C.
Price: $27.06
83 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Take on an Adventure-Mystery-Drama Genre, June 4, 2014
This review is from: Murdered Soul Suspect (Video Game)
If you don't know the theme yet, you are a cop who is murdered and while dead must uncover clues about your killer as well as many other little side missions. It is a third-person perspective game and in the mystery-drama genre. It is not an action game at all and focuses on story and style. I took a chance and purchased Murdered Soul Suspect and while I initially wasn't impressed, it develops into an interesting game with some heart. The graphics aren't the best, however what it lacks in visual detail it makes up for in an engaging storyline.

You meet characters, alive and dead and question them as you are trying to find out what to do with your new life. Sometimes you'll be given a new request by the other ghosts which you can then chose to help them in their quests or not. The game style and story slightly remind me of a cross between The Darkness and L.A. Noire, also a little of Ghost the movie. There is a lot of discussion and problem solving with new areas and items to examine. The basic gist is you enter a room, look around, find a clue and move on. Other times you may need to speak with another ghost or possess a living character to uncover clues or hints to help solve your case. It does get a little repetitive after a while and though it is a solid game, I doubt if I will really try to get that platinum trophy or do another play through.

+ Focuses on story and style more than high quality graphics. You won't be stunned by the graphics, but there's more to this game than that.
+ Interesting characters and the over-all theme of the game will keep you entertained. It's a neat idea, and you're abilities make it a new gaming experience.
+ Lots to explore. Not a true open world game, yet does give you the freedom to look around at your leisure.
+ You can walk through most walls, possess people to gather clues or even guide them to make a decision. Gathering clues can be fun, and even thought provoking.

- Just okay graphics, not up to par for todays standards.
- Somewhat repetitive and basic explorative gameplay.
- Graphics can be jolty at times with screen tearing present.
- Quite short, and once completed your only option is the play the game all over again. If you missed a clue which you would like to get to earn a trophy, you'll need to play the entire game over again up to that point. To me, not worth another play through.

Recommended if you aren't working on any other games at the moment. It is a decent game and entertaining, however due to the so-so graphics, gameplay and mild enjoyment of the game I don't see this hanging around my shelf after I complete it. Not quite worth $60, but if the price is right may be worth picking up.

psn: adrielaugust