Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for paper tiger > Reviews

Browse

paper tiger's Profile

Customer Reviews: 193

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

paper tiger "Adriel August" RSS Feed (Carlisle, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Doom - PlayStation 4
Doom - PlayStation 4
Offered by DMSeller44
Price: $56.95
98 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Violent Game you've been Waiting For!, May 13, 2016
This review is from: Doom - PlayStation 4 (Video Game)
Violent as heck! This game while basic as far as the classic feel, is painted with next generation violence, blood & graphics. The layout and level design is very old school and fairly linear. Weapons are awesome, the melee attacks are fun as heck & the creepy atmosphere is done right. I've played every Doom game ever made (yes, I'm old) and they were respectful of the classic stable feel we have been waiting for.

+ The graphics are decent and incredibly fast & smooth
+ Great character detail
+ High super violence. Blood! Everywhere!
+ Awesome multiplayer! So much fun!
+ As usual, amazing weapons which you can level-up to make more powerful
+ Awesome hard-rock soundtrack

- Close ups of walls & objects have little or no detail. From a distance everything looks good. Some texture popping
- Looks to potentially get slightly repetitive after a while
- So far, a little too easy. I played through the first two levels on hard without dying once. Perhaps it is due to me playing Dark Souls 3 so much lately. I'm used to dying ever few minutes.

Over-all highly recommended due to simply being as fun as you could possibly imagine. It is everything I could have wanted and more. There really isn't anything much out there similar to this. Such a classic, simple yet fun style which we don't see much of these days. I love games, especially the Dark Souls games & Bloodborne. Games with a massive amount of time put into such a deep challenge. Doom is quite different, but I'm having so much fun playing it that I don't really care.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2016 7:58 AM PDT

Radix One Slim Wallet (Black/Black)
Radix One Slim Wallet (Black/Black)
Offered by Radix Products
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Simple. Practical & Functional, May 11, 2016
This review is from: Radix One Slim Wallet (Apparel)
This is my second attempt at using a minimalist wallet. The first was wood, and while awesome it ultimately cracked an split in half.

This is a very simple design, and while it looks cool, it also is a very practical & functional.

My one complaint would be that sometimes it's a little difficult to get the credit cards out. Also the corners are a little sharp and stick out further than the credit card. It is ever so slightly, but sometimes causes an annoyance.

Over-all, the better wallet on the market, and at a good price. Recommended.

Rubbermaid L3-2600P3-ROYBL Flex N Carry 2.2 Bushel Laundry Hamper, Royal Blue
Rubbermaid L3-2600P3-ROYBL Flex N Carry 2.2 Bushel Laundry Hamper, Royal Blue
Price: $28.91
3 used & new from $28.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical & Inexpensive, May 11, 2016
As other reviewers have said, the handles are a little weird and seem to what to separate from the basket when I carry something heavy.

Over-all, perfect for what I needed. Stable, yet flexible so I can pack stuff in.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - PlayStation 4
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - PlayStation 4
Price: Click here to see our price
138 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Next Gen Uncharted!, May 10, 2016
I woke up early this morning and played this for a few hours (downloaded from PSN). I have played and have Platinum on all three Uncharted games on the PS3 as well as the remastered versions on the PS4. I initially was impressed by the vastly upgraded graphics for this next gen system. The game is smooth and looks & feels great.

Upon playing it is clear they are going for a solid story adventure game. There is a lot of dialog and plenty of new characters to meet. It starts off with a bit of action, then backstory gameplay. Regardless of what I was doing, it was fun and I took my time to check out everything. Lots to look at.

I will update this review as I play, but so far I am impressed. A solid mix of story & action/adventure gameplay. Graphics are amazing, voice-acting is fantastic and over-all this game will be epic. Highly recommended.

Here is a link to YouTube of me playing the beginning of the game this morning. [...]
PSN: adrielaugust

Fox Run Spoon Rest, Black
Fox Run Spoon Rest, Black
Offered by MMP Living
Price: $6.89
9 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but small, May 7, 2016
Nice, good quality. But it is less than half the size I was expecting ("that's what she said").

I would be using this for larger spoons or a ladle. This is more for a tea or tablespoon.

Overall, I'll make it work, however I will keep my eyes out for a larger more practical spoon rest.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Dark Souls III - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
Dark Souls III - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
Price: $49.99
89 used & new from $32.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Challenge. The Game you Love to Hate, April 25, 2016
I have played previous Dark Souls & Demon's Souls games before and was too frustrated to continue more than an hour or two. It's just too darn hard, I said. However, after playing Bloodborne I finally got it.These games are all about strategy, and actually being a challenge. Bloodborne is now my all time favorite game, however Dark Souls 3 is extremely close behind. I received the Platinum Trophy and I'm still working on the Bloodborne DLC of which I need the last boss & locate all the weapons. Bloodborne has such an amazing style which I have never seen before in a video game, but Dark Souls 3 is very close to it.

Dark Souls 3 is a true challenge. Most games are linear, simple in gameplay & style, and can be completed in a few hours. Dark Souls 3 is a massive open world game which you will spend months on and still just be scratching the surface. Yes, there is a path to follow, however you can choose the overall order (for the most part) and there are secret areas and shortcuts everywhere. If you die, and you will die again and again, you go back to the last bonfire you rested at.

Going from Bloodborne to Dark Souls 3 was an extremely easy transition. It is so very similar and the minor differences I see as an improvement in the gameplay. It may not have as dark of a style as Bloodborne and while close I do think Bloodborne has better detail graphics. Instead of lanterns there are bonfires. Souls have always been the similarity between Dark Souls & Bloodborne as your means to purchase upgrades, weapons or supplies.

There is multiplayer, however it is so different than any other type of multiplayer in other games (similar to Bloodborne). You can call on other players to help you get through a tough boss or part you are stuck at. Only downside is it leaves you more open to an online enemy player which can come and attack you, and anyone helping you. Really cool idea. You can ask for help, but you risk being attacked in the process.

+ Beautiful Open World
+ An amazing challenge. Very rewarding.
+ Awesome stylistic enemies, which you don't see in many other games. They are quite a challenge.
+ Fantastic story line, keeps you going and motivated to push through the hard times.
+ Call on other players when needed to help you through when you are stuck. Very different type of multiplayer.

- Graphic texture popping from time to time.
- Similar to Bloodborne, if you don't do the right things in the right order you will miss out on extra items & character story-lines. I hate that! You should not need a guide to help you with everything. Maybe by chance you will uncover things, but there is very limited information as to which order to do things. I will use a guide for new game plus and get the things I missed, just like in Bloodborne.

Dark Souls has always been about bosses. The bosses are massively difficult and each is extremely different techniques to destroy you. You beat the boss to move on to the next area. It is quite an amazing game and stands alone in challenge and style. I do find it just a tad slightly easier than Bloodborne, but partly due to the focus on magic, blocking attacks with shields & maneuvering around. Bloodborne was just brutal and you need to run in an slash.

Highly recommended. Don't give up, the game is more rewarding than any other game I have played.

PSN: adrielaugust
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2016 10:08 AM PDT

Amazon Tap - Alexa-Enabled Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Amazon Tap - Alexa-Enabled Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Price: $129.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Portable Media Speaker, April 14, 2016
Quite a good portable media speaker. The clarity is good, the bass is not the best. I either stream from the Alexa App or just use the Amazon Music app. I actually find it easier to simply hold the "speak" button and request Alexa to play music from Amazon Prime or from my library.

You can ask the weather, to tell a joke or simply say, "Alexa, Play Brad Suck from Amazon Prime Music". Alexa will reply, "Shuffling Amazon Prime Music by Brad Sucks".

Over-all I enjoy it. I feel the Echo had more powerful sound, but for a small portable it is very quick and versatile. The fact you can stream anything from anywhere makes this the best portable media speaker on the market.

+ Stream Anything from Anywhere
+ Small, About the size of a soda can, slightly taller
+ Decent sound for something so small
+ Long Battery Life (about 9 hours)
+ 100% Portable. Use your phone through bluetooth or in your house using wi-fi

- Not the best bass

Over-all I wish it had better bass, but for the most part it is perfect. Very easy to setup, packaged well and honestly just what I was looking for.

Recommended!

Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Automatic Air Freshener System Starter Kit, Fresh Waters (Case of 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Big Oily Mess!, April 7, 2016
I took a chance and put these throughout my house to give it a fresh smell. I liked the smell, however wherever it sprayed it left an oil puddle on the floor where it sprayed the mist. This was not a drip, this was where the mist fell directly on the floor about 1 1/2 feet in front of the freshiner.

It took a sponge soaked with dish detergent & water to scrub the oil off my floors. It turned out to be more of a mess than I anticipated and ended up throwing all 4 away.

Not worth the money, and a huge eye opener as to bringing chemicals into my home.

Abbott Collection "Toilette" Sign, 9", White
Abbott Collection "Toilette" Sign, 9", White
Offered by French Presents Emporium
Price: $15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Sign!, April 7, 2016
I put this sign on the outside of my bathroom door. I used a nut to space the sign away from the door slightly and it gave it a really cool look.

Solid product, good quality.

Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, 200mg Ibuprofen (300-Count Coated Tablets )
Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, 200mg Ibuprofen (300-Count Coated Tablets )
Price: $14.43

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, April 7, 2016
I had a headache, I took two of these and like magic my headache went away!

Recommended for headaches/slight body-aches.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20