Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for G. B. Packert > Reviews

Browse

G. B. Packert's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. B. Packert "poetry reader" RSS Feed (Lynchburg, VA USA)

Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card Up to 30MB/s (TS16GSDHC10)
Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card Up to 30MB/s (TS16GSDHC10)
Price: $5.99
156 used & new from $4.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective, January 17, 2015
The Transcend 16 GB Class 10 SDHC card did not work and had to be returned. I replaced it with an equivalent SanDisk card that works fine.

Fitted - Luxurious Down Alternative Mattress Pad - 100% Cotton , 300 Thread Count - Full Size (54x75")
Offered by Right Choice Bedding
Price: $35.00
3 used & new from $35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This pad has a cotton top, but the lining ..., September 22, 2014
This pad has a cotton top, but the lining, sides, and filling are all polyester. It is well made and appears durable. I have washed the pad once; it held up well to washing and tumble drying, but a chemical odor lingers, and I had to air it out to diminish the smell.

Lodge Pro-Logic P10D3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven, Black, 4-Quart
Lodge Pro-Logic P10D3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven, Black, 4-Quart
Price: $43.75
26 used & new from $31.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully designed but pre-seasoning is faulty, December 30, 2009
I asked for this four-quart dutch oven for Christmas because I wanted it for no-knead bread baking. I chose this pot because of its handsome design, and I am pleased with its looks and its ease of use: it is nicely proportioned, with an indentation for the lid handle and large easily-grabbed side handles. The interior is smoothly sloped. I was not pleased with the quality of the pre-seasoning; like other buyers, I needed to thoroughly scrub off the residues and re-season the pot and lid. Having done that, I am happy to have this pot for bread baking. My bread does not stick at all to the pot, and I can just wipe it out with an oiled paper towel to clean it. The surface both inside and out is a bit rough, but it seems to work fine. I prefer plain cast iron to enameled cast iron because I need not worry about scratching or chipping it. The pot should last forever, improving as it is used.

Toshiba DVR620 DVD/VHS Recorder (Black) (Discontinued)
Toshiba DVR620 DVD/VHS Recorder (Black) (Discontinued)
34 used & new from $112.00

4,691 of 4,746 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine after calls to Toshiba, December 16, 2009
I bought this DVD recorder to copy many old family home movies on videocassettes to DVDs. Our home movies date back to 1988. After some advice from customer service at Toshiba, I have been able to use the recorder to dub my old home movies successfully to DVDs.

Like several other users, I found that when I followed the instructions for dubbing to DVDs, the recorder showed a "Barred" icon, a slashed red circle. After several attempts with different brands of DVD disks, I called Toshiba. I got some very helpful advice from the first customer service agent at Toshiba, but I was still unable to resolve the problem. I called back and talked to another agent, who was able to help me resolve the recording issues. Both customer service agents at Toshiba were very knowledgeable and did an excellent job of explaining their advice. I was very satisfied with Toshiba customer service. I will summarize the advice below so that other people who have difficulties with the recorder can try these steps to resolve their problems.

1. Because old videotapes may not track well when they have been unused for several years, fast forward to the end of the tape and rewind the tape before attempting to copy it. The recorder may refuse to copy a tape if it does not track well.

2. Eject the videotape. Apparently Toshiba DVRs (both the 610 and 620) can balk if the videotape is inserted before the DVD.

3. Push the DVD button and insert the blank DVD.

4. Press Record Mode (not Record) button and set the speed (I use SP).

5. Press the Setup button and select Recording. Select Dubbing Mode. Select VCR > DVD.

6. Press the VCR button and insert the videotape. Press Play and then Pause (not Stop) at the point slightly before you wish to start copying.

7. Press the Dubbing button. Push Stop when you want to stop dubbing. You can then insert another videotape to dub onto the same DVD, until it is full.

8. You can add titles on the DVD disk with the Top Menu button by selecting the part you wish to title and clicking on Edit and Edit Title.

9. After adding titles, you should finalize the DVD by pressing the Setup button, selecting DVD Menu and then Finalize (this may take a few minutes). Then you should be able to play the disk on another machine. I have been able to play finalized disks on my Sony DVD player.

I hope this is helpful for others having some trouble with these machines. I am very happy to be able to make digital copies of my old home movies.
Comment Comments (305) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2016 6:32 PM PDT

How to Wrap Five Eggs: Traditional Japanese Packaging
How to Wrap Five Eggs: Traditional Japanese Packaging
by Hideyuki Oka
Price: $20.25
77 used & new from $14.72

4.0 out of 5 stars This book is actually How to Wrap Five More Eggs, February 17, 2009
The original How to Wrap Five Eggs was a striking hardbound book first published in English by Weatherhill and Harper and Rowe in 1967, with a foreword by George Nelson. This book is not a reprint of the 1967 book, but rather a reprint of How to Wrap Five More Eggs, first published in 1975 in connection with a Japan Society exhibit on traditional Japanese packaging, which contained much of the material from the 1967 book. Both the 1967 book and the 1975 book are difficult to obtain, and this inexpensive version is definitely worth buying for those who are interested in Japanese culture. This reprint has elegant black and white photos which convey the spiritual qualities inherent in traditional Japanese hand-made packages. I regret the publishers' decision not to reprint the 1967 version, whose beauty is still embedded in my memory.