Profile for Spudman > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 62

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Spudman RSS Feed (Pasadena, MD United States)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
[New Arrival] TaoTronics® Elune TT-DL05 Dimmable Eye-Care LED Desk Lamp (9W, Flexible Neck, 7-Level Dimmer, Touch-Sensitive Controller, No Flickering, No Ghosting, Matte Black)
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good as It Gets, July 10, 2014
The matte black TaoTronics lamp arrived quickly and well packaged with great protection. In the package were the lamp unit, a power cord, and a user manual written in English, German, and French. I like the soft, smooth feel of the lamp itself and even occasionally use the base of the lamp as a mouse pad. Aesthetically the lamp is first rate, and for me its functionality couldn't be better. I mostly use the lamp when I am using my laptop, one without illuminated keypad. Like Goldilocks (without the hair) I've tried numerous lamps for my particular application; some were too bright or too dim - some too small or some too tall. The TaoTronics TT-DL05 is absolutely perfect.

Minimalist in design, the desk lamp has no buttons or switches, just a touch pad to control on/off function and the brightness of the light. Somewhere in the range of brightness, a user should be able to find a perfect setting. If you turn the light off for a bit and return later, the lamp will come on at the last setting chosen. For me the lowest setting is best- enough to clearly light the working area with a high quality even light yet one not too harsh for me or the two parakeets sharing the table with me.

This is my second lamp from TaoTronics. Mrs. Spudman likes the first light so much that she hijacked it and uses it instead of her former favorite, an Ott light. She won't be getting her hands on my new favorite, the TT-DL05.

Looking for the perfect desk lamp with touch pad adjustable settings and a smoothly positionable neck that moves easily up and down or side to side? Put this lamp on your short list of lamps to consider.

A sample was provided by the seller for this unbiased opinion.

Amber Flea and Tick Collar with Adjustable Leather Strap for Dogs and Cats / Untreated Authentic Baltic Amber Dog Necklace / Natural Tick and Flea Control and Prevention / 100 Days 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! (12"-14")
Offered by Novelty Goods
Price: $29.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Abandon the Old Ways, July 9, 2014
Everything you need to know is in the listing; a photo of the product, a description of the materials, an explanation of the repellent properties of amber. When offered a chance to try the collar, I was a bit skeptical but decided to give it a fair chance.
At first Gabby was not happy about wearing something around her usually naked neck. I finally got her to accept the collar so we could give the amber collar a legitimate test.

The collar made of orange amber pieces looks good against Gabby's white fur; it became much more noticeable after she had her coat trimmed. In the first week we still were finding ticks on Gabby. In the next two weeks we were finding fewer ticks. Never any fleas.
In subsequent weeks, we find very few ticks on Gabby our Bolognese girl. The ticks we do find are very small, not embedded in her skin, or dead.

The results almost seem too good to be true. Why only four stars? I want to see if the good results continue with the ticks. If we continue to have good success and a tick free dog, I'll revisit and update and perhaps add that fifth star.

Milo's Kitchen Grilled Burger Bites Dog Treats, 15-Ounce
Milo's Kitchen Grilled Burger Bites Dog Treats, 15-Ounce
Price: $14.98
4 used & new from $14.98

4.0 out of 5 stars What's Not to Like?, July 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our girls love the Milo treats though we stopped buying the chicken meatballs when they were being made in China. These round little treats actually do look like grilled burgers with the required char-look lines. Burger Bites can be fed hole or broken into pieces for little dogs with dainty mouths. Our girls love these treats with a formula featuring beef as the number one ingredient and Sweet Potatoes as number four. Conspicuously placed on the bag's front and back is the Made in USA label. So why not four stars?

Call me a nit picker but sugar as the number three ingredient isn't appealing to me. Neither is the inclusion of propylene glycol, BHA, sodium nitrite, and onion extract.

Bottom line - A pretty good treat and better than many mainstream snacks, but not perfect.

Zuke's Lil' Links Healthy Grain Free Little Sausage Links for Dogs, Chicken and Apple Recipe, 6-Ounce
Price: $5.19
49 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Links Has Them Tickled Pink, July 8, 2014
Around our house it doesn't take long for these to become missing links with only an empty bag left. I'm always looking for a new treat for our girls to add some spice to their lives, and these links fit the bill. Chicken is the first ingredient followed by more good stuff, including POTATOES at number four. You can feed the soft, little links whole to your dogs or hand break them into smaller pieces to make each link last longer. Gabby and Piper love these treats. I've seldom been disappointed by a Zuke's product, and these USA made treats meet all expectations of human and dog.

Water! Water! Water!
Water! Water! Water!
by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace
Price: $10.79
36 used & new from $9.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Walter's Water, July 5, 2014
This review is from: Water! Water! Water! (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Water, water everywhere, and all those drops can make you think. Walter the Warthog finds water fascinating and decides to do some experiments, make some observations, and record what he learns in his book. No, that doesn't sound too exciting, yet Nancy Wallace has produced a wonderful book combining learning, entertainment and fun. After reading this book, some young scientists may want to duplicate Walter's experiments or even come up with some original experiments of their own.

Youngsters with whom I shared this book love the quirky illustrations and the warthog main character. I like that the dust jacket and cover duplicate each other, so that during reading the dust jacket can be set aside to extend its life. The heavy stock paper feels good between one's fingers, and the colors of the graphics pop off the glossy pages.

Bottom line - Here's a gem of a book that can charm children and adults alike. Look at the clever illustrations closely. There's humor in them thar pictures.

Animal Wisdom: Learning from the Spiritual Lives of Animals (Sacred Activism)
Animal Wisdom: Learning from the Spiritual Lives of Animals (Sacred Activism)
by Linda Bender
Price: $12.81
55 used & new from $10.54

4.0 out of 5 stars For Those of a Spiritual Nature, July 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Many promote the health benefits of green tea, and I don't dispute the efficacy of those claims. I just don't like the taste of green tea, not that there's anything wrong with it. It just isn't my cup of tea.

I can say the same about Linda Bender's book which for devotees of the spiritual realm can be very satisfying and edifying. I just happen to prefer the physical over the spiritual, the concrete over the abstract. Not to say I'm not open to the possibilities of reincarnation and of communicating with animals telepathically, it's just what I was expecting. The misunderstanding is totally my own fault for not reading more carefully the Amazon product page.

Even this earth bound potato head, however, found this book interesting and can appreciate the sincerity of the author and her genuine love for animals. We can learn much from animals and the author shows us how.

VTech Safe and Sound Full Color Video and Audio Baby Monitor
VTech Safe and Sound Full Color Video and Audio Baby Monitor
Price: $87.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Has Good and Bad Points, July 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We had high hopes for this VTech monitor, one that offers both video and audio monitoring of your babies or toddlers. Set up out of the box was easy; it was fun playing with the unit set up in the garage for experimental purposes while watching our grandson play with his trains. The picture quality and sound are good, and the talk back feature is especially useful as well as fun. We did soon discover that if low lighting the visuals are mostly monotone.

Random thoughts:
Setup was a bit tedious. Unit should be at least three feet from the crib or bed. It was hard getting the right angle. There's no side to side rotation, just forward and back and up and down.

If you can find the sweet spot, the unit is great.

Battery life is not good. When not using the unit, it's best to turn off the video function to lengthen battery life.

There is no belt clip for the parent unit.

Bottom line - The VTech unit has its good points, but doesn't hit it out of the park.

High Quality Wine Glasses - 15 Ounce Stemless Wine Glasses Set of 4 - Designer Set Will Enhance Red and White Wine Taste - FDA Approved - DishWasher Safe Wine Tumbler for Men, Women - Best Gift For All Occasions - Lifetime Warranty & 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee!
Offered by GRT Sellers
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $18.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a Whiner, July 2, 2014
This set of four stemless wine glasses comes well packaged in a decorative box with each glass carefully encased in bubble wrap. We like the size of the glasses and the feel of them in our hands. Air bubbles in the glass are a nice decorative touch, adding some flair whether the glasses are empty or full. With the top edge of each glass tapered inward, one is less likely to spill any liquid while drinking.

Bottom line - This is a nice set of glasses which might make a fine gift for any occasion.

Will YOUR Dog Reincarnate?: Includes an 8-week program you can use to help your dog reincarnate
Price: $11.66

4.0 out of 5 stars To enjoy and appreciate this book, July 1, 2014
Those who haven't experienced the intense grief brought on by the loss of a beloved pet might not appreciate the pain of such loss and think it can't possible be equated to the death of a human. But it can. The loss of a being totally devoted to its human can be indescribably devastating.
The death of Gail Graham's shih Tzu Bao takes her from crushing pain to a journey of hope, faith, and ultimately the reward of confirmation. To enjoy and appreciate this book, the reader must approach it with an open mind and at least be receptive to the possibility of reincarnation to the idea that the spirit doesn't necessarily die with the body, but travels to another body whether human or animal.

"Will Your Dog Reincarnate" reads like the personal journal that it is, the chapters depicting the author's feelings are gripping and touching. The chapters explaining how to reincarnate your pet are mostly a recounting of the author's experiences and what she learned in study about various spiritual philosophies. The advice is anecdotal with a sampling of one, yet I found most within the realm of possibility.

Those who have recently lost a pet might find comfort in sharing the feelings of another who has walked the same walk. Mrs. Spudman and I were heartbroken by the loss of our bichon Evie; a pet support group, had we found one, might have been beneficial. Some months later we adopted a little Bolognese girl who jumped out of her crate to us after a long airplane ride as if she knew us. As she grew older Gabby eerily started exhibiting some of the same mannerisms as Evie. Reincarnation or a natural journey of a soul? We don't know definitively, but believing in such a phenomenon can bring one hope, if not joy and peace.

Five Star Magnetic Storage Pocket, Neoprene, Black/Blue (72250)
Five Star Magnetic Storage Pocket, Neoprene, Black/Blue (72250)
Offered by Solid Pathways Consulting LLC
Price: $10.95
4 used & new from $10.94

5.0 out of 5 stars If Used Thoughtfully, June 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've seen 30 years' worth of middle school lockers, some almost empty, some crammed like overstuffed sausages. They are not really designed well for organization, with a shelf or two up top and a long thin cavity below. This storage pocket in the right hands could be a great storage solution for a motivated student.

The magnets will keep the storage pocket in place, the material will keep it intact, and the pockets might keep necessities at one's fingertips. Use this handy organizer for writing implements, change, keys, cell phones, or even lunch tickets.

I like this motivating organizer and just wish my students had these way back when.

A great aid as long as it doesn't end up on the bottom of the locker or in the midst of the maelstrom.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20