Profile for Spudman > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Spudman RSS Feed (Pasadena, MD United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Velocity Boards PP Retro Cruiser Complete 22" Banana Skateboard w/ Aluminum Trucks, Fast ABEC-7 Bearings, High Quality Wheels & Bushings (Purple)
Offered by Airsoft Joe
Price: $52.95
2 used & new from $42.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting Board, July 2, 2015
It's a good looking skateboard with fluorescent green wheels. It's not a full sized skateboard, being only 22 inches long, but it's a good beginning board. Being over the recommended weight, I brought the skateboard to work so youngsters could have a go at it. The younger ones liked it, and the older ones said it was too small for their tastes, but they did like it. All liked the smooth wheels and the potential ease of switching out wheels and trucks.
The waffle top makes for a good grip; some said they preferred a textures or sandpaper like surface for grip.
I don't know a whole lot about skateboards, but the consensus of my target group of interviewees is that for the money this board is a good buy.
One young student demonstrated for me on the sidewalk in front of our tutoring center and impressed me with his speed and agility. I could only watch.

sample provided

Pridebit Kitchen Scissors, Multifunction & Come-Apart Kitchen Shears with Magnetic Holder, Green/Gray
Offered by Pridebit
Price: $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Swiss Army Concept, July 2, 2015
This multipurpose kitchen tool is well engineered and aesthetically pleasing. It's a come apart pair of scissors that can serve as scissors, knife, peeler, or bottle opener. For me the smoothest operation was as a pair of scissors. I like that the two pieces come apart for easy cleaning. As a knife I found the tool awkward to use and reverted to a regular knife. The bottle opener function works well.
The peeling function works, but not as well as a regular kitchen peeler. Again I found it awkward to hold.
The tool comes with a magnetic storage case that slid down our textured refrigerator with the weight of the scissors. It would be a useful storage case for lighter items.

As a vacation item, this Pridebit could be very handy and allow for compact storage. As an everyday kitchen tool, it's just OK.

sample provided at discount

Globe Electric 7792001 6 Outlet Swivel Wall Tap with Surge Protection, Black Finish
Offered by Globe Electric Clear Out
Price: $8.49
3 used & new from $8.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Swivel Surge, July 1, 2015
Judging from the other reviews, it's not a consensus, but I am quite happy with this product, so much so that I bought three of them. The bottom set of prongs that go into the socket are metal,and the top set is plastic. I've had no problems with the product coming out of the socket when I unplug something. The two sides do swivel some for large plugs. I'd have liked more joules protection, but for the money I can't complain.

100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum 2oz
100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum 2oz
Offered by Ultimate Smile Inc
Price: $13.95
2 used & new from $13.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Anti Aging for the Skin, July 1, 2015
Most likely the CSCS Hyaluronic Acid Serum is best for preserving skin and forestalling the effects of aging on the skin. For my oldish skin the SCS is up against quite a challenge. For several weeks I applied the serum twice daily to one side of my face and to one of my arms. After that time period I did notice some improvement in both the one arm and the one side of my face. To achieve balance I'm using it on both arms and my entire face.
The serum is not readily absorbed into the skin, even my old, dry skin. It takes a bit of massaging to persuade the skin to absorb the serum. For a brief period between application and absorption the product feels sticky on the skin.

Conclusion - I'm guessing the serum works better on younger skin though I'm not disappointed with the modest results I've achieved.

Sample provided

Sportown™ Women's Gym Yoga Fitness Workout Cross Back Tank Top in Red, XL
Sportown™ Women's Gym Yoga Fitness Workout Cross Back Tank Top in Red, XL
Offered by The Bizark
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lady in Red, July 1, 2015
When offered the opportunity to sample one of these shirts, I deferred to Mrs. Spudman who ordered a size larger than she normally wears. The shirt is still tight on her, but very comfortable. She says that on a younger body ( we are both codgers) the shirt would be perfect.
She love the looks of the top, the materials, and the quality of construction. For her the bra is very comfortable and supportive,keeping the puppies in check even when jumping up and down.

We both like the design of the top, especially the open back. It's not a very revealing top and might be a good garment for layering.
This is quite a nice top, but be aware that the sizing is smaller than one might expect. Buy at least one size larger than normal

sample provided

LED Candle Lights with Timer *Lifetime Guarantee* Flameless Flickering Candles Made of Real Wax with Light Vanilla Smell - Can Change Colors - 80+ Hours of Lighting with Batteries (Including Batteries!)
Offered by LeditBe
Price: $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wind Won't Faze These Candles, June 30, 2015
This is definitely a WOW item, the kind of product that makes a wow pop out of your mouth as soon as you try it out. My first WOW popped out when I saw and touched the first candle. When I took off the plastic protector, I was holding in my hand what looked and felt like a real candle. Then the fun began. Using the little switch on the candle bottom I turned the candle on. Then i pulled out the plastic insert in the remote control battery compartment. The remote control in my hands I began playing with colors and modes and called out to Mrs. Spudman that she had to see this.

With the remote you can choose from a kaleidoscope of colors , choose a time option, and choose modes like changing colors, flickering, or solid color. I can describe the functions, but your really have to see it for yourself to appreciate the wondrous properties of these ingenious candles.
Fabulous. Fabulous. Fabulous.

sample provided

American Greetings Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Treat Bags (8-Pack)
American Greetings Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Treat Bags (8-Pack)
Price: $1.47
31 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars For TMNT Fans, June 30, 2015
These are small, plastic bags with a big Turtle graphic on one side. The other side is plain white. It's made of a thin plastic and has a carrying handle atop. It could be use to Trick or Treat hauls if your child only goes to one house. It could be used to pack a lunch if you pack a half a sandwich, a carrot stick, and no drink.
Little ones who love the Turtles won't mind the deficiencies of the bags and will be happy to eat from a Turtle bag filled with their favorite snacks.

Irony Alert - These bags are made of plastic and intended for young children, yet on the package is emblazoned -
"WARNING. PLASTIC BAGS CAN BE DANGEROUS. KEEP BAGS AWAY FROM BABIES AND CHILDREN....THIS IS NOT A TOY."

NUTRO Moist-n-Chewy Bites Treats for Dogs - Roasted Chicken (Pack of 2)
NUTRO Moist-n-Chewy Bites Treats for Dogs - Roasted Chicken (Pack of 2)
Offered by JJCircus-US
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Chickeny Treats, June 30, 2015
The girls have been enjoying ghe beef variety of Nutro Chewy Bites so I decided on a change of pace. These are the same size and consistency as the other flavor but chicken based and a different color and flavor. Our two dogs like these just as much as they like the beef flavor. I use these instead of pill pockets to administer pills to our wise shih tzu who won't take the pill pockets any longer. The Chewy Bites and soft and malleable enough to hide a pill inside and savory enough to disguise what's inside.

These are a hundred per cent natural, first ingredient being rehydrated chicken. The treats come in a zip seal bag. I couldn't find the country of origin anywhere on the package.
100% satisfaction or your money back.

Cooking Gloves Heat Resistant - 932 Degrees EN407 Certified Level 4 - Extreme Heat Resistant and Flame Resistant BBQ Oven Grilling Baking Barbecue Grill Gloves - Oven Mitts Replacement - Premium Quality - KitchNMate Professional Edition - 1 Pair - Black
Offered by KitchNMate Products
Price: $35.01

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Can't Stand the Heat, Get These, June 28, 2015
Many a time the outdoor cook wishes he or she had a good pair of gloves to protect vulnerable hands from the intense heat of the grill. While grilling today I noticed the thermometer on the lid hitting four and five hundred degrees. That's hot! Using the KitchNMate gloves while reaching under the hood, I didn't feel a thing. The gloves come in handy when putting food on the grill or taking it off. I was even able to lift up the grate to add charcoal by using these gloves.
I start the cooking by firing up the charcoal in a charcoal chimney. Without gloves it's precarious at times trying to dump the hot hot coals into the grill bottom without getting burned. Again, using these gloves I didn't even break out a sweat.

Other thoughts
The gloves are nice and heavy for good protection
The lining is comfortable on the hands.
Gloves can be worn on either hand
Inside each glove is a hanging loop
The black and red color scheme is good looking and unisex in appeal

Brighton Beam 800 - 3 Adjustable Modes Powerful BIKE HEADLIGHT - Easy To Adjust On Any BIKE!!!
Offered by CenterZone
Price: $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Need a Light?, June 28, 2015
The Brighton Beam 800 is a versatile light that can be attached to a bicycle to light up the road ahead, or carried separately as a flashlight. Installing the three triple A batteries is easy by slipping them into the compartment accessed by screwing off the bottom piece with the carrying strap.
Three modes can be accessed by pressing the button on the bottom of the light - brightest, moderate brightness, and flashing. Intensity and breadth of the light can be controlled by pushing forward the flashlight head. The user can make a wide expanse of light or a narrow stream of light.

Other likes: