Profile for gbodman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

gbodman RSS Feed

1958-86 CHEVY SMALL BLOCK 283-305-327-350-400 TALL STEEL VALVE COVERS - BLACK
1958-86 CHEVY SMALL BLOCK 283-305-327-350-400 TALL STEEL VALVE COVERS - BLACK
Offered by TSS Performance Parts
Price: $32.99
4 used & new from $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Serve their purpose, January 15, 2012
It's kinda hard to find tall SBC covers that aren't tacky chrome or cost a fortune. I put these on a set of aluminum patriot heads. They fit well, but the mating surface is barely adequate; I think it's the heads problem more than the covers. I would suggest running the extra thick fel-pro cork gaskets with these. I tried the perma-dry silicone ones, and I just think they would leak, personal preference. Baffling is good, and had no clearance problems with huge roller rockers. They will work great for my sleeper stroker! I just wish they made these in a center bolt configuration...

BOSS Audio 612UA In-Dash Single-Din USB/SD/MP3 Player Receiver
BOSS Audio 612UA In-Dash Single-Din USB/SD/MP3 Player Receiver
Price: Click here to see our price
133 used & new from $21.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic unit even for twice the asking price!, January 15, 2012
I threw this into my winter beater since it was only five bucks more than what the junkyard wanted for a factory unit. I gotta say, this thing is worth the money as long as it lasts (only had it for a week). The tuner pulls in stations as well as a factory GM unit, and will even fill your presets automatically if you wish! Aux, SD and USB all work great. It took a 8 gig SD with no problem, which I have problems with my other mechless reciever in a different car. The clock is tricky to set, but at least you have one, unlike my other mechless unit. Since the manual is worthless, this is how to set the clock: /// 1)Hold the mode/clk button for about two seconds and clock will appear. 2) Release button and immediately press again for two more seconds; clock will flash, release button. 3) use volume knob to adjust hour. 4) Depress volume button, and minutes will flash, again use the volume to adjust minutes. 5) Clock is now set. //// However, I have not discovered how to constantly display the clock. You have to hold the mode/clk button for two seconds every time you want to see the time. My other mechless reciever is the Dual XR4110, and it will be replaced with one of these come spring time as long as everything keeps working well. This thing is awesome, love it!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2014 6:38 PM PDT

Dual XR4110 In-Dash MP3, WMA, AM/FM Receiver with Front Panel USB, SD Card, and 3.5mm Aux Inputs (Gray)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice stereo, constantly looses memory though, January 14, 2012
Well you get what you pay for. I put this in my Regal since it is only used as a fair-weather ride. The stereo pulls in stations great, and the volume is adequate with thirty year old speakers and can be heard over the very loud turbo whistle my car has. I only have two gripes: the display is as bright as the sun during night driving, and the darn thing won't hold memory. I can live with the display; I'll just put a little chunck of tint over it like previously mentioned. However, the constant loss of memory is very annoying! I don't even set up the presets anymore. I recently installed the Boss 612UA in my winter beater and I must say that I like it much better. I would suggest going with the 612UA instead, better sound and it doesn't lose memory.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 8:54 PM PDT