ARRAY(0xaaf950d8)

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Reach RSS Feed (New Jersey, USA)

Wacom INTUOS4/CINTIQ21 Grip Pen
Wacom INTUOS4/CINTIQ21 Grip Pen
Offered by antonline
Price: $68.47
20 used & new from $61.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well out of the box, but fragile., May 5, 2012
As a professional artist, I use this pen upwards of 8 hours per day. I do consider Wacom's technology to be the best, but this thing is fragile. I still have the original pen that came with my Wacom Intuos3, but since upgrading to the Wireless Intuos4 (a much better tablet in my opinion. The pen? Well...) this is the second pen replacement that I needed to purchase.

It works just fine out of the box. But if you look at it wrong you'll kill the pressure sensitivity. Hopefully they come up with something a bit more rugged in the future.

I was going to give the pen 4 Stars because beggars can't be choosers but for the price, and from Wacom, I expect a bit more. I'd be happy to give the product 5 stars if it was better constructed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2014 5:49 PM PDT

The Revolution: A Manifesto
The Revolution: A Manifesto
by Ron Paul
Price: $15.00
200 used & new from $0.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Different and Thought Provoking, May 5, 2012
Dr. Ron Paul's The Revolution: A Manifesto presents a very unique take on the United State's role in the world, the federal government's role at home in the States, and the individual's moral duty to self and community. At its heart, the book champions personal responsibility and charity toward those in need, peace, individual freedom and free market economics. There was a time when I believed these concepts to be incongruous, but Paul presents a relatively simple and practical unified theory that will certainly shatter commonly held prefabricated political beliefs. The ideas presented, agree with them or not, are forward-thinking and concepts discussed within this book will likely become key issues in the coming decades.

On a side note: It is a shame that there are so many one-star reviews written between January 17-20, 2012 from people who clearly did not read the book. Perhaps, if they had taken the time to read it, it would have helped them to mature a bit. It is a childish attempt to discredit ideas that they do not fully understand. Read the book, and if you still don't like it, feel free to comment here or leave an actual review. We need to be positive, informed, and constructive in our criticism. Politics is not a team sport.

Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E5 37-Inch 1080p 60Hz Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV (2012 Model)
Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E5 37-Inch 1080p 60Hz Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV (2012 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations., March 4, 2012
Really great tv. Perfect size for my office/studio. Picture quality is excellent. I calibrated the tv using settings I found with a quick google search. Sound is ok, but as with most flat screens it lacks a really impressive on board audio set up. Xbox 360 games look incredible. I've been playing Skyrim and Battlefield 3 and am blown away by the picture. I fired up amazon prime (through Viera Cast) and watched Troll Hunter in HD. Again, beautiful picture (and awesome low budget Norweigian movie).

And now a more niche consideration. I am an illustrator by trade and use a Wacom tablet and photoshop in my day to day work. I purchased this tv with the intention of utilizing it as a third, large scale monitor for certain projects. A big reason I went for this particular tv is the LED screen. I find it is much easier on my eyes when I am painting on screen for hours on end.

So there you have it. Beautiful image quality, a decent service lineup (Netflix, Prime, etc.), customization, great aesthetics, light weight, and it won't make your eyes bleed when you are painting an event poster at 2 in the morning.

And yes, it says wi-fi ready but it needs an adapter. Otherwise it would say built in wi-fi. so the option is either buy a tv with built in (an extra $200-$2000) or buy an adapter ($60.. I agree it's a rip off. I ran a wire.). Same reason the E3 model had only 4 stars, from what I read in the reviews. So if you can get past that, this is a really excellent buy.
Comment Comments (26) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2012 2:48 PM PDT

The Last Nazis: SS Werewolf Guerrilla Resistance in Europe 1944-1947
The Last Nazis: SS Werewolf Guerrilla Resistance in Europe 1944-1947
by Alexander Perry Biddiscombe
23 used & new from $9.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, oddly structured..., May 9, 2010
Here's the thing.. I enjoy hard historical military literature. I enjoy picking the brains of great generals and statesmen, etc. But this book drags on at first. I think it is the structure of the book. The author is very capable of telling a great story and the material is well researched and interesting. The problem lies in the fact that the first section of the book goes into great detail involving the hierarchy of the Werwolf movement which, even by nazi standards, was a jumbled bureaucratic mess.

Solution? Easy. Jump around. Read about the Werwolf exploits, then their mottled command structure.

Final word is, if you are interested in or ever wanted to discover more about the Nazi guerilla movement I highly recommend this book. There are plenty of great, well documented stories of the insurgents and their methods. They just surface a bit later in the book.

Winterbirth (The Godless World)
Winterbirth (The Godless World)
by Brian Ruckley
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
212 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the five stars..., June 24, 2009
The character development is phenomenal. I felt strongly for all of the characters.
The world, including it's mythology, it's races, and it's history is unique. It is captivating and morbidly charming.
This is well thought out fantasy. The characters are really great, and the action sequences are gripping. It is thoroughly entertaining as well as though provoking and, after about 100 pages or so of set-up, moves rather quickly.
I'll keep it short as I am about to start on book 2 (Bloodheir) of the trilogy. But this one really does deserve five stars.
-CR

Last Argument of Kings (First Law: Book Three)
Last Argument of Kings (First Law: Book Three)
by Joe Abercrombie
Price: $13.11
121 used & new from $2.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Triology, December 22, 2008
Definitely worth reading this entire trilogy. If you have an interest in character development and design, this guy starts with something we are all familiar with - the stereotypical "Barbarian Warrior" , "Pompous Wizard", etc - and then really goes on to break the mold (many of them becoming quite human, and pretty damn tragic towards the end).
The story itself is interesting and just as you find yourself comfortable in the sense that you know where it is going - the "lord of the rings" type epic journey - you have got another thing coming... the author has a very creative mind and cynical sense of humor that comes through in the writing, characters, and story structure.

My only complaint - The 3rd and final book ends like the first two: Unfinished. Characters we actually have come to care about are sort of stranded in their own personal hell. I completely appreciate the dark sense of humor in the series, but I do like a bit of a lighter punchline at the end of it. Bitter sweet, rather than just plain bitter.

Don't let it deter you from purchasing all three books however - you will not regret it. But you might not come away from it with a warm fuzzy feeling either.