Profile for Kristi > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kristi RSS Feed

HUF Men's Floral Box Logo Snapback One Size Navy
HUF Men's Floral Box Logo Snapback One Size Navy
Offered by Backcountry
Price: $39.95
4 used & new from $27.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, August 14, 2014
My son loved this hat - he has a larger sized head and was a bit worried, but it fits very well.

Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting
Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting
Price: $9.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Meaningful, July 19, 2014
So many meaningful passages in this book. I will refer to it again and again to remind myself that I am all that I need to be.

Key & Peele Season 1
Key & Peele Season 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny!, June 6, 2014
I love Key and Peele... just love them. They are irreverent and totally committed to the joke. Can't wait to see what's next.

The Teacher Quality Index: A Protocol for Teacher Selection
The Teacher Quality Index: A Protocol for Teacher Selection
by James H. Stronge
Price: $17.82
43 used & new from $3.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource!, March 8, 2014
This is a great resource for anyone looking to standardize their teacher selection process. I highly recommend starting here if you don't want to spend thousands of dollars on a commercial protocol.

Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown
Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown
DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard core, January 28, 2014
I prefer my yoga to be a little more spiritual, and this clearly isn't. Even so, if does provide a good workout.

Happy
Happy
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Happy (Amazon Instant Video)
Everyone will find a story in this movie that speaks to the heart. Happiness is clearly a choice that we all make in every moment of our day.

This is Spinal Tap (Special Edition)
This is Spinal Tap (Special Edition)
DVD ~ Fran Drescher
Price: $9.15
269 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, July 13, 2013
I can't believe how many people have still not seen this movie! Everytime I reference it and get a blank stare, I order it and insist that person watch for themselves. It is still incredible relevant and hilarious!

Anticancer: A New Way of Life
Anticancer: A New Way of Life
by David Servan-Schreiber
Price: $15.17
243 used & new from $5.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and enlightening, July 13, 2013
I loved this book because not preachy or prescriptive. Research-based information is offered, suggestions are given, but there is never a hard sell. I found it to be the best book on cancer and cancer prevention that I have ever read.

Body Confidence: Venice Nutrition's 3-Step System That Unlocks Your Body's Full Potential
by Mark Macdonald
Price: $19.86
227 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, April 8, 2011
I scanned reviews before buying this book and each review was more glowing than the next; however, it did seem that perhaps the reviews were "canned" or planted to sell more books. After purchasing the book for my Kindle, I can say that I wasn't as impressed as those reviewers. While the concept of eating small meals throughout the day is not new, I did gain some insight into how to make that work better by sticking to ratios of protein, fat, and carbs. What wasn't as helpful were the endless stories of people whom he considered "successes" after using his program. At times it seemed they were only inserted to provide an acceptable word count for his editor. Additionally, this wasn't a great choice for the Kindle because I often wanted to flip back to a page to scan a menu or concept, and that is difficult in the Kindle format. I did like parts of the book, but for the most part it was just OK.
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2011 9:28 AM PST