Profile for Sharon Michaels > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 138

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sharon Michaels "SharonMichaels" RSS Feed (U.S.A.)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
SKLZ Putt Pocket - Putting Accuracy Trainer
SKLZ Putt Pocket - Putting Accuracy Trainer
Price: $7.99
16 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend to other golfers, June 10, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was particularly interested in learning to putt to the high side on breaking putts and the Putt Pocket delivered on this score. In my case living in age restricted community with a large putting green that's not used much gave me the opportunity to use the Putt Pocket on any hole for as long as I wanted. From the practical standpoint most people don't have this kind of access on public golf courses.

Where I find the Putt Pocket excels is in the indoor setting. I used it on a rug that mimics the grain you'd experience on a green and it provided a great target for practicing putting. It's a good product that I would recommend to other golfers.

The Power of Why: Breaking Out in a Competitive Marketplace
The Power of Why: Breaking Out in a Competitive Marketplace
by C. Richard Weylman
Price: $14.40
41 used & new from $3.74

4.0 out of 5 stars A Well Rounded Marketing Book, May 23, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was expecting a run-of-the mill customer service book and was very pleasantly surprised by a well-rounded business-building book. It covered marketing, customer service, handling vendor situations and so much more.

I have many of the pages dog-earred and underlined in yellow marker - that's how valuable I believe this book is to my business.

If you are looking for an all around book to help build your business-building self-confidence, I'd highly recommend The Power of Why.

Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
by Sheryl Sandberg
Price: $14.62
330 used & new from $7.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Researched Must Read for Success-Oriented Women, April 22, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Today's women are highly educated and prepared to lead and succeed and yet, we haven't given ourselves permission to reach our full potential. The question becomes, why? And that, is exactly what author Sheryl Sandberg documents for us in her well-written and well-researched book Lean In.

Women:
*If you work in the corporate world, this is a must read book for you.
*If you work a home-based business, this is a must read book for you.
*If you are thinking about starting a business, this is a must read book for you.
*If you have a professional career, this is a must read book for you.
*If you are just starting college, this is a must read book for you.
*If you want to become a more effective leader, this is a must read book for you.
*If you have a daughter, this is a must read book for you.

I am impressed with the research that went into this book. Writing about what most women know emotionally to be true or have actually experienced in our lives first hand is one thing but, having our thoughts, feelings and experiences backed up by research, facts and figures is affirming and eye-opening.

I believe Lean In should be a must read for women who want to succeed in business and especially those women who strive for top leadership positions. Whether you are a business owner or work in corporate America, all women who are striving for professional success seem to be facing the same internal and external obstacles.

I also believe that once we understand these internal and external obstacles, positive growth and empowerment will begin and with that growth will come greater personal, professional and financial opportunities for all women.

Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg is not a fast read. I suggest you take this book a couple of chapters at a time and really study what the author is documenting for us. Read this book with pen and paper in hand - make notes, underline major points of interest and plan on going back to reread those parts that can make a difference to you and your career choices.

I agree with the author, we women should begin discussion groups so we can come together to talk about what we are reading and how these insights can have an impact on our lives. We should also invite the upcoming generation of future leaders to join in the discussion. Now is the time to go forward with the information we can gather from this book and use it to empower and improve not only ourselves but also, future generations of women leaders.

I grew up in 60's and 70's and know first hand the "struggles" women faced in the workplace. Yes, improvements have been made but, I believe there is much yet to improve. Reading Sheryl Sandberg's book Lean In is a great place to begin. Reading and discussing it with other like-minded women is an even better place to begin creating long-lasting internal and external change for the positive, now and into the future.

Starting Now: A Blossom Street Novel
Starting Now: A Blossom Street Novel
by Debbie Macomber
Price: $18.78
369 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Held My Attention, April 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Debbie Macomber writes to entertain with a good story but, she also has a subtle way to get you thinking about how you can enhance and improve your own life. There always seems to be a comforting "moral" knitted through this author's stories and books.

In her latest Blossom Street novel, Debbie Macomber builds friendships, ignites romances and changes the lives of teenagers all within a very short period of time. From a realistic standpoint, the story line is a little far-fetched. From an entertaining standpoint, this is a good story to read and enjoy.

I spent a nice relaxing weekend reading Starting Now and it felt good to take time to sit with an enjoyable and entertaining "clean" book - a book filled with romance and friendship without feeling as if I was peeking into someone's bedroom. Debbie Macomber's books are the type that you can read out loud to your daughter or mother and not have to feel embarrassed by the language or situations.

If you're looking for a good story to curl up with during a relaxing weekend, Starting Now by Debbie Macomber is one I'd recommend you choose!

Lonely Planet New England's Best Trips (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet New England's Best Trips (Travel Guide)
by Amy C. Balfour
Price: $14.54
82 used & new from $13.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Colorful - Small Print, March 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Thumbing through the book, my first thought was how beautiful it looked. My second thought was how small the print looked. I found some of the print was actually written in orange font on a red background - you honestly couldn't read the words.

I believe this book is written for a "younger" audience and not the "mature" boomers. As a "boomer, I expected more trip details and a few more upscale listings considering the location was New England.

I'd recommend this book to younger travelers and travelers with children. This book may be just too basic for the seasoned and "mature" traveler.

The Rumford Gardener 50' Expanding Hose; Lime
The Rumford Gardener 50' Expanding Hose; Lime
Price: $29.28
3 used & new from $23.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, March 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When a 50 foot hose arrives in a small shipping box and you can pick it up with one hand, you know you've got a good thing going here. The Rumford Gardener 50' Expanding Hose is exactly what the description promises! It is easy to use, expands to 50 feet quickly without tangling and once you've finished, it contracts into an easy to store round mound of lime green garden hose.

It did not leak and quickly emptied itself of water when we were finished watering. All-in-all, it's a pretty amazing little hose. I give it 2 thumbs up!!!

Bossypants
Bossypants
by Tina Fey
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $9.00
106 used & new from $2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars What women in business can learn from Bossypants, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Bossypants (Mass Market Paperback)
Here are three words to describe Bossypants by writer and comedian Tina Fey: Funny, insightful and empowering.

American comedian Tina Fey has written a down-to-earth book about how to take your personality strengths, natural gifts and talents and then, use them to create a successful career.

Tina's autobiography takes the reader from her formative growing up years through to her current successful New York show business years. Her journey is a testament to her focus, persistence and sense of humor. Tina Fey's journey is basically the same as every woman looking to discover herself - Bossypants is about the life lessons that help us develop unstoppable self-confidence and self-determination.

I read this book from a "Business Coach" prospective, knowing that I wanted to write a review for women in business. Here are some of the business-building tools I learned from reading Tina Fey's Bossypants:

1. We often find our "calling" by accident - it comes as a summer job or, finding a group of like-minded people with whom we can relate or, by taking chances and going with our heart instead of following the crowd.

2. Often times, it is better to collaborate than to compete.

3. In the world of comedy, women have to often overcome the perception and stereotype that "women aren't funny."

4. In order to succeed, be yourself and be willing to learn, grow and come out of your comfort zone.

5. Rarely, if ever, is someone an overnight success.

6. Working mothers, no matter the occupation, have to find a work and home life balance that suits their lifestyle.

7. A sense humor can keep you going, especially when the going gets tough.

I recommend this book to all women who are thinking of starting a career, are currently in a career and wanting to move forward and women who have succeeded in their own careers and want to read the success story of someone else who went for their goals. You'll laugh out loud in several spots, I promise you.

I love a good autobiography especially when it is a story of a woman who has overcome personal and professional obstacles and had the determination and inner strength to make her own successes.

I'll say this again, Bossypants is funny, insightful and personally and professionally empowering.

The Customer Rules: The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service
The Customer Rules: The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service
by Lee Cockerell
Price: $15.05
63 used & new from $9.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable Customer Service Pearls of Wisdom, February 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you could learn the secrets for delivering sensational customer service from a former executive vice president of operations at Walt Disney World, would you make the time to read his book? If the answer is "yes," then you'll want to read David Cackerell's new book, The Customer Rules.

In The Customer Rules: The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service you will find the chapters to be short and practical. The information is important and significant. The customer service concepts can make you money and provide you with loyal customers.

This is an easy to read and thoughtfully written book. The author shares great examples based on his forty-plus-year career in the hospitality industry - Walt Disney World, Hilton Hotels and Marriott.

Let me give you a few examples of the "39 Essential Rules":

Rule #5 - Ask Yourself, "What Would Mom Do?"
"Never ask for something without saying `please' or receive something from another person without saying `thank you'."

Rule #17 - Listen Up
"Like all of us, your customers want to be understood. But emotionally, what's even more important is that they feel you want to understand them and you're genuinely trying to grasp what they want, need, think and feel."

Rule #28 - Know the Difference Between Needs and Wants
"What do you expect when you come to Walt Disney World? Their top four wants were these: Make us feel special. Treat us as individuals. Show respect to us. Be knowledgeable."

These three examples should give you a good idea about the practical material David Cockerell covers - material you can begin using in your business immediately. It sounds cliché to say that this book is filled with valuable "pearls of wisdom" but honestly, this book is filled with valuable "pearls of wisdom."

I highly recommend The Customer Rules: The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service, to everyone who works with the public. It may be well worth your effort to make this book a company-wide customer service read!

Smead Organizer Folder, Three 1/3-Cut Tabbed Dividers, Letter Size, Assorted Colors, 3 per Pack (85785)
Price: $9.84
14 used & new from $5.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality and Design, February 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am impressed with the thickness and quality of these file folders!

The design is perfect for larger projects - projects you want to organize into sections.

I highly recommend!

The only thing I'd change are the colors - they are dark and dull.

Attack Your Day!: Before It Attacks You
Attack Your Day!: Before It Attacks You
by Mark Woods
Price: $14.74
40 used & new from $8.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Activities You Can Use Immediately, January 1, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Who can argue with the premise of this book: Activities rule, not the clock? If you're looking for how-to approaches to time management, then reading this is book will be well worth your time. There are how-tos and practical easy to use time management activities you can begin using immediately.

Whether you work from home or in an office, how you manage your time and energy affects how well you manage your business and, how well you manage your life. Attack Your Day! Before It Attacks You gives you step-by-step ideas, ready to use activities and 101 real life productivity strategies that make good practical sense.

The authors are a father and son team of writers. The father Trapper Woods was a seminar leader for Day Timer® and became fondly known as "father time." His son Mark picked up the time management gauntlet and continues to carry on his father time saving message.

What struck me most about this book is how simple and easy it is to read and understand. Honestly, it actually saves you time just reading it. You can get a feel for how practical the book is, just by the name of the chapters:

Chapter 1 - Activities Rule! Not the Clock --- Don't Be A Slave to Time

Chapter 2 - Color Your Choice --- The Art of Choosing and Refusing

Chapter 3 - Carry Your Time in Buckets --- Fine-Tune Your Tools

Chapter 4 - Arrange Your Plate --- Think Inside the Box

Chapter 5 - Don't Just Execute, Flexicute! --- Learn to Turn on a Dime

Chapter 6 - The Hocus Pocus of Focus --- Make Time Wasters Disappear

And, my favorite section 101 Productivity Strategies.

I found Attack Your Day! to be well written and filled with simple and practical activities both business people and at home entrepreneurs can use with ease. There aren't any "systems" to learn or products to buy - it's up to you to take the step-by-step suggestions and use the ones that work best for you.

According to the authors, the key to success in time management is to understand how the time management paradigm as changed. Here is what the authors say, "The new paradigm is for us to see our work and personal life as one life, with work and activities integrated throughout the 24-hour day." I agree with the authors, time management affects all aspects of our day, not just our working time.

I still have to say my favorite section is the 101 Productivity Strategies. Here is a good example: Reduce Overlong Telephone Calls 30 Percent to 50 Percent - this tip is short, practical and to the point with bullet points of how-to actions I found myself using in my business immediately.

Time management has to begin somewhere. Attack Your Day! Before It Attacks You gives you an easy to use place to begin managing your time. It is easy to read and the suggestions are simple to use. I recommend this book especially for time management beginners. I believe, anyone who reads this book will leave with at least one new good useable idea to save them time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14