Profile for John D > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John D RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Sony USB Wi-Fi Adapter
Sony USB Wi-Fi Adapter
Offered by TechAndGoods
Price: $168.95
6 used & new from $138.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and it works fine, December 28, 2011
Picked this up for my father's sony bluray player that did not have built in wireless. I had to set it up for him and it was extremely simple, just plugged it up and ran the network setup on the bluray player and it was good to go. Seems to have a weaker than expected range. My laptop will show 4-5 bars sitting in the same spot this sits while this only shows 3. It works though and streams netflix fine so I am only knocking off 1 star because for the price I expect better. I am not a fan of sony forcing us to buy a sony branded adapter while other bluray players will use the cheaper linksys adapters but oh well, should have researched the bluray player a little better so my fault.

Wii Wired SenseBar
Wii Wired SenseBar
Offered by WHOLESALE OUTLET
Price: $1.99
8 used & new from $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Jumpy response from controllers, December 28, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Wired SenseBar (Video Game)
I bought this, along with a second power cable and video cable for my bedroom so I could move my Wii from the living room to the bedroom without having to move the cables. This sensor works but the controllers both get "jumpy" when using it. The cursors will move randomly or stutter at times. It works well enough but I would look elsewhere. It was only $8 so no major complaints on the pricing of it, I just expected it to work a little better.

Insten® Universial Home Travel Replacement AC Power Adapter Compatible With Nintendo Wii
Offered by Eforcity
Price: $8.97
2 used & new from $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't do it, December 28, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This power supply is not worth getting. I noticed that it seems to lose power randomly. Sometimes you can play for days with no issue and sometimes you can play for an hour and you will get power loss 3-4 times. I would stay away from this one. I plug in my original Nintendo plug and do not have the issue at all so it is this plug.

Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360
Nickelodeon Dance - Xbox 360
Offered by NYC Electronics
Price: $14.98
35 used & new from $5.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Dora makes me feel fat, December 28, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Great game for the kids and great exercise for them as well. I gave it a shot and Dora has made me realize that it is time to exercise more because after a short round or two I sounded like a fat kid needing an inhaler.

The kids love this and I do not see why any kid wouldn't unless they just do not like the choice of toons used in the dancing.
Easy for anyone to pick up on and enjoy and is just a healthy, fun activity that you won't feel bad letting your kids play, which is a rarity when it comes to video games.

They need to do a dance video for older "kids" like myself featuring toons from my generation. I could get down with GI Joe, He-Man, and Strawberry Shortcake for sure!

Hamilton Beach 40911 2-Quart Electric Iced Tea Maker, White
Hamilton Beach 40911 2-Quart Electric Iced Tea Maker, White
Offered by DDEco
Price: $264.97
6 used & new from $198.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Best tasing tea, December 28, 2011
I have had this maker now for several months and I am very happy with it. I am using Lipton loose leaf tea and what we do is use 3 table spoons of tea, run the suggested amount of water through and then add that same amount of water to run through for a second time (using same leaves), add sugar and water and just amazing tasting tea. It is much stronger than what we had been making and this pleases the whole family. It is quick and simple and CHEAP so no complaints there.

However, along the lines of cheap, I have to say that the pitcher cracked at the bottom of the handle after about 60 days of use. We called HB and they gave us a new pitcher. We had to pay $5 shipping which was kind of lame but it did get to me in 2 days. I was able to put some sealant on the little cracks and it makes an excellent backup pitcher so now I have two and that is quite handy. Overall I am very pleased with this purchase!

SkipDr DVD and CD Manual Disc Repair System
SkipDr DVD and CD Manual Disc Repair System
Price: $18.30
57 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works - I am shocked!, December 28, 2011
For the price I was not expecting much but I am shocked to say that this works and has saved me several DVDs now. The solution is almost gone, I wish they would include a larger supply of it. However I did find out it is just distilled water and alcohol so I am making more myself. I would say that it has fixed 90% of the discs I have tried it on so well worth it if you have a large DVD collection......and children who think they are frisbees!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not last long, December 28, 2011
Maybe I got a dud but it only lasted about 4 months before breaking. The original one lasted over a year. I am however ordering a second one just because I am tired of wedging things onto the dryer door to make it stay closed. It is cheap enough to give it a second shot I suppose.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2012 1:39 PM PST

Mortal Kombat - Xbox 360
Mortal Kombat - Xbox 360
Offered by goldcoinstar
Price: $24.99
76 used & new from $7.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes the ninja in me happy!, December 28, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
As a life long MKer I am very pleased with this game. I often get bored with just fighting so the added Challenge Tower, tag matches, and other extras really make this game stand out in the fighting game field. The graphics and sound effects are top notch and the controls are easy to master, even for beginners as my wife has found out. Not one for the kids but as an adult gamer I can recommend this one to anyone looking for a good way to relieve stress at the end of the work day. Nothing like facing sub zero while imagining it is your boss, especially when it comes time to pull off the fatality!

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters - Xbox 360
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters - Xbox 360
Offered by DealsaLot (No Sales Tax)
Price: $29.99
92 used & new from $8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent graphics and just a boring as real golf!, December 28, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I got this game for my father who has been a life long golfer. He has an xbox in the house for when the grandkids come over and he mentioned wanting to try a game or two for himself. I picked this one up and gave it to him on Christmas day. He seems to really dig it. The graphics and sound are excellent. The setup took forever though and since I am the "nerd" of the family that was my job. I am however not a golfer and it seems just as boring as the real thing which is a bonus if you love golf I guess. I asked my dad what he would rate it though and he gave it 4 stars so I am just passing this along to those interested.

HD Moods: FIRE [Blu-ray]
HD Moods: FIRE [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ No Actor
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $9.65
22 used & new from $3.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Great HD Fireplace!, December 28, 2011
This review is from: HD Moods: FIRE [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I always like to have a fireplace at Christmas but have never actually had a fireplace so I used to use my laptop and a fireplace screensaver that I would then plug into the TV so that it gave me a larger "fireplace" for Christmas morning. Well I ran across this and snatched it up and I am very happy with the HD quality and fireplace selections available. I might end up using this for more than just the one day a year as originally planned. My only complaint is the music. All of it is just cheesy. I have a media center PC so I put it in that to play on my 42" screen and then use my own music as a background and it works perfect. Kids loved it on Christmas morning and so did the Wife. For the price you can't beat it!

Page: 1 | 2