Profile for Lostprophet > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lostprophet RSS Feed

Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth
25 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade from other head phones, April 21, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Hi I've had these for a day now and I'm falling in love with them. I've owned the X41's and Astro A40's and now these and I choose these over both of them.

To get into specifics these head phones are of course way lighter than the A40's and according to turtle beach's website they are 1.5 oz lighter than the X41's although I think they are about even because the x41's use aaa batteries and these use aa bats. The batteries them self will seem they will last for the 15 hours Turtle beach say they will, and I don't get why people want a built in rechargeable battery, what are you going to do when that dies in the middle of game or just in general. You'd have to put it on the charger for a couple hours then buy a replacement battery when the first starts getting week and then you'll have to worry about getting it nested on the charger and the charger itself working. Just go buy some rechargeable ones at wal-mart and you'll be just fine.

The Px5's are way more comfortable because they have oval ear holes (unlike the X41's) and more cushioning in the ear cushions and the head band, and they won't try and fall off your head or give you neck pain like the A40's.

Sound wise I've always liked the turtle beach head phones over the A40's because they have a lot clearer sound and between the two turtle beach's, there really isn't much difference other than the X41's maybe have a slightly deeper bass but overall a rounded sounded as to where the px5's have a crisp sound with a little more definition.

The bluetooth is a very nice touch I have it connected to my iphone and I can listen to music with ease and hear when I get a text. Then on top of it I can if you have a PS3 you can sync to your PSN comms or when they finally release it, a dongle for the xbox 360 controller.

As far as editing right now you can only change you presets, edit some volume and noise gate, and morph your voice and change how much of your voice you can here in your headset. Until they release the advanced editor you can mess with the bass, mid, and treble settings.

I've seen people's reviews on here and other sites talk about the distortion you get when alot of sounds happen at once (like a car blowing and you firing your and getting shot at the same time, etc.) and yes I experienced the same thing playing black ops, especially when napalm strike and even more so with the rolling thunder and it was very annoying but I got rid of the problem. The simplest fix is to go into the games audio settings and lower the sounds. Mine were maxed on everything so I lowered master volume down to about 75% and all others to about 80%. This alone would probably fix the distortion but I also went into the headphones software and lowered its game and master volume just a little and turned the noise gate all the way off. So now there's no more distortion even with all the explosions and I'm a very pleased customer.

All in all these certainly look great, the sound is very good and customizable (when they release the editing software) and are very comfy. If your on the ropes about these or another I can say from my use these are definitely better than astros especially seeing as the astros are more expensive and they aren't wireless and don't have the bluetooth. As far as the difference between these and the X41's you really have to look at price and features. Decide if you would use the bluetooth and use the editing software really. The Px5's on amazon currently are $212 which is currently $38 off on it. The X41's are $150 on amazon I think and you can get them new and used for less than a hundred on ebay. I'm sticking with these. Thi headset will definitely set the bar for all future gaming headsets.