Profile for botw > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

botw RSS Feed (DC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, Book 2)
Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, Book 2)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Another very good read from Sanderson, March 12, 2014
I enjoyed Words of Radiance very much. I churned through it too quickly though. Now I will have to wait another year or more for the sequel.

Ready Player One
Ready Player One
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quick read. Not great, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Ready Player One (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable book, but not a classic by any stretch. Best if you love video games and 80s trivia. Strong first effort.

Fotodiox 8" Octagon Softbox for Nikon Flash, Canon Speedlight, for Nikon SB-600, SB-700, SB-800, SB-900, SB-910 Flash, Canon Speedlite 380EX, 430EX, 430EX II, 550EX, 580EX, 580EX II, 600EX-RT, Vivitar Flash, Sunpack, Sunpak, Nissin, Sigma, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Panasonic Lumix Flashes
Price: $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fotodiox 8" softbox, March 22, 2013
I use this mostly as a diffuser when working with my macro lenses and off camera flash. It works great for that purpose and is very flexible. It's of less use as an all-purpose soft-box because of the small size, but is still useful in that regard and very portable. I'm entirely satisfied.

Micro HDMI (Type D) to HDMI (Type A) Cable For Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7.0 Tablet - 6 Feet (Package include a HandHelditems Sketch Stylus Pen) (NOT COMPATIBLE WITH Kindle Fire HDX 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI for Kindle, March 22, 2013
This does exactly what I want it to do: let me port my kindle fire video to TVs. Used it to entertain the kids on some family vacations and it worked perfectly.

Canon RC-6 Wireless Remote Controller for Canon XT/XTi, XSi, T1i and T2i Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $19.89
26 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon RC-6, March 22, 2013
There are cheaper knock-offs of this product, and price is the only reason I dinged it a star. What you get with the OEM Canon is reliability. It just works.

Canon EF-M 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM Compact System Lens
Canon EF-M 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM Compact System Lens
Price: $156.70
33 used & new from $90.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sharpness and handling - watch out for light sources, February 11, 2013
All in all, I am very favorably impressed by the 18-55 STM. It is sharper and smaller than the ef-s 18-55 Canon offerings. It's also sharper than Sony's NEX 18-55 (I've owned all of these). It focuses quickly and silently. I had no trouble with focus noises in a couple of quick videos I did of my son playing basketball. The only apparent drawback of this lens is that it will flare if there is a direct light source in or near the frame (especially the sun). I know it is a common complaint about Canon, but they really should have included a hood with this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2013 9:51 PM PST

X-Rite CMUNDIS ColorMunki Display
X-Rite CMUNDIS ColorMunki Display
Price: $135.00
27 used & new from $101.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use/Works, February 10, 2013
I bought this because I was having inconsistency between my screen and prints from my Canon Pro9000 mk II. the colormunki was easy to setup and I now have much greater consistency. I was also able to calibrate my wife's computer so we now have uniform screens.

Itoya OL-120 Art Profolio Photo Album 3 4x6 inches Photos Per Page With Protective Sleeve 120 Pockets Black
Offered by aSavings
Price: $12.61
8 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, January 18, 2013
I use these to store small prints for personal and family use. They look very nice and won't destroy your prints.

Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras
Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras
Price: $1,349.00
32 used & new from $1,090.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 18, 2013
This is a worthy addition to the L lineup. I've previously used the Sigma 10mm fisheye and the Samyang/Rokinon 8mm, but wanted to add something for my full-frame cameras. This is sharper, focuses faster and works on any Canon body. It's also nice and compact. Fisheye lenses aren't for every situation and take some getting used to, but if you need one, this is the very best one available.

My one complaint is that the lens cover comes off quite easily. You might need to add some gaffer's tape to make the seal tigher.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2013 1:58 PM PDT

amFilm® Kindle Fire HD 7-inch (1st Generation/2012) HD Clear (Invisible) Premium Screen Protectors (2-Pack) [Lifetime Warranty]
Offered by TechMatte
Price: $7.85
2 used & new from $7.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the jobs done, January 18, 2013
Relatively easy to install (not painless, but not bad). Helps prevents scratches. The prices is right. I have no trouble recommending this to protect your kindle screen. If, like me, you have kids, you need something like this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4