Profile for Hillary L. Wald > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 65

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Hillary L. Wald "hw" RSS Feed (CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Casper Dining Armchair in Clear
Casper Dining Armchair in Clear
Price: $96.88
13 used & new from $95.00

5.0 out of 5 stars so elegant and comfy!, September 17, 2013
use as a desk chair in the living room- so nice as it does not take up visual space as it's clear! very comfy in the rear area too. easy to wipe clean. modern yet elegant :)

Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo
Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo

5.0 out of 5 stars opinion of a former senseo lover., July 3, 2013
I used to love my senseo maker- had to switch to some silly keruig machine when it broke as they stopped making senso :( I'm back now with this dolce gusto! The "luingo" makes a strong cup of coffee with CREME on top just like senseo did! Just add a splash of milk and vanilla creamer for a late. This machine is slightly different in that you manually have to switch the top lever off to stop the coffee from coming out...no problem, then I can make my coffee stronger. Pods are priced the same as k-cups in bulk on amazon- about 50 cups for $30 which comes to 60 cents a cup. Great coffee at a great price! How is the machine so cheap right now either?! Love. To get it quieter I keep a kitchen towel under the machine and it absorbs most of the sound.

VIZIO E470i-A0 47-inch 1080p LED Smart HDTV (2013 Model)
VIZIO E470i-A0 47-inch 1080p LED Smart HDTV (2013 Model)
7 used & new from $469.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another AMAZING vizio tv for our living room, May 27, 2013
We had another LCD vizio that we loved but needed something bigger and better :) Got another vizio and LOVE this thing! Perfect size for our small living room, makes watching tv or a movie a fun experience. I'm no tv expert but this thing is user friendly and very clear. Cool how you can watch movies with a couple clicks from our amazon prime account. This tv is big but not too huge, would have gone with a 50" if you're into super big tvs or your living room is big. Love our new vizio tv :)

Skip Hop Grand Central Diaper Bag, Cinnamon
Skip Hop Grand Central Diaper Bag, Cinnamon
Price: $85.15
6 used & new from $82.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Coming from the Skip Hop Versa Bag..., March 12, 2013
I am coming from the skip hop Versa which i have been using for almost 2 years! That bag is super cute and stylish- not too mommyish- the Grand Central is MUCH larger and has 3 separate compartments whereas the Versa has only one. What i REALLY love about the Grand Central is the space, the HUGE bottle pockets on the sides (i use them for large water bottles), the mommy section that is JUST for my stuff, and the black/ brown combo, not so boring black :) I use the front pocket for my mommy stuff (make-up, phone, kindle, etc), the large middle section for kids stuff (wipes, medicines, my wallet and misc), and the back section for snacks exclusively (crakers etc). The open changing pad section I use for more misc and when i have a magazine or something (I don't keep the pad in there!) It makes for a very organized bag with everything in it's place. You can really cram the middle section with more for a big weekend outing which is great! This bag is quite large so get it only if you like bigger bags- the Versa is great for you if you don't need quite as much space but still like to be organized too. Just depends. I will be keeping both so I can switch every once in a while. I think the Grand Central will be especially great for summer when the kids and I (who are 3 and 5) will be going lots of places like parks and water parks etc. HTH!

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

3.0 out of 5 stars i like the regular kindle better!, February 3, 2013
I just had to try this after owning the reg kindle for a month...it was a letdown as i thought it might be. why i don't like it as much as my regular kindle (the $69 one):

It's heavier- i can tell and it's not as comfy to hold as the ultra light reg kindle
shows more finger prints (being a bit picky here!)
more steps to do anything since it has no actual buttons (you must toch screen at the top to bring up the option buttons like home, back etc)
supposed to be this cool lighting technology that does not strain your eyes at night like your iphone BUT it still does, it's a very white screen still.
hard to read at night with screen on- it's like the print gets blurry, hard to explain
no buttons on sides to turn pages
cannot skip thru chapters like reg. kindle
heavier!
price- almost twice as much!

i really am in love with my other kindle- it is so darn light and makes reading fun and a joy! i am reading lots now. i don't read a ton at night either so maybe the light screen is just not worth the trade offs for me.

Educational Insights The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game
Educational Insights The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game
Price: $16.19
58 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars SO fun for my 3 and 5 year olds!, January 27, 2013
They just love this darn game. Pieces are much more sturdy then shutes and ladders etc- very impressed. great for counting and colors, we just love this game!

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 5th)
8 used & new from $77.77

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I would never get a kindle..., January 24, 2013
I'm a big time amazon girl so the kindle is easy to set up since I'm a prime member. I personally did not want to spend over $100 on a reading device so the basic kindle was my choice. I personally do not care for the harsh white lighting of screens (my iphone, mac etc) when I am trying to wind down at night (my main screen time) so I prefer using this kindle with a soft lamp on, no prob. If you are not sensitive to screens at night the kindle paperwhite might be a nice upgrade for you (if you like to read in the dark etc). At first I did NOT care for the lack of a touch screen on this kindle but quickly grew to like it since the buttons on the bottom make it so easy to do lots of kindle moves in on button press. Example- skipping chapters, home screen, turning pages, select button and back button. Now I am reading lots more and using the kindle makes it fun! I also like how it syncs my books and the page I'm on to the kindle app on my iphone so I can read on the go on my phone too. Super neat!

Isotoner Men's Microterry Slipper, X-Large, Black
Isotoner Men's Microterry Slipper, X-Large, Black
Offered by Emuna Gifts
Price: $38.39
3 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars nice thick slippers for cold weather!, January 10, 2013
Great for chilly northern ca winters nights! thick and very very soft. great deal on amazon as usual. true to size or order a bit up.

Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck
Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck
Price: $13.17
36 used & new from $10.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic toy, you can't go wrong with a truck!, January 10, 2013
No sounds so it is nice and simple- a classic toy for 1-5 year olds :) Great size too, love it!

Historic Photos of Orange County
Historic Photos of Orange County
by Leslie Anne Stone
Price: $34.85
42 used & new from $25.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool pics, mostly about Santa Ana though, January 10, 2013
Was hoping for more history of the beach cities since that's where we lived...mainly about the early 1900's in Santa Ana and Orange areas inland etc. A bit boring but it is a history book after all! Great for the coffee table.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7