Profile for M. Wagner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Wagner RSS Feed

Panasonic RPHJE120K In-Ear Headphone, Black
Panasonic RPHJE120K In-Ear Headphone, Black
Price: Click here to see our price
122 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One more rave review, February 27, 2013
This was my first pair of earbuds. They sound great and fit well in my ears. I ran 13 miles with them in and they didn't slip or hurt. I put them through the washing machine and they still worked like new. I finally destroyed them the second time I put them through the dryer...

I didn't realize how much better these were until I tried to replace them. I've tried three other sets. A cheap no name brand, no surprise it was crap, a Phillips set for sports that hurt and fit poorly, and skullcandy fits, which stay in my ear, but don't seal the ear canal like these do and the silicone comes off too easily - already lost.

Second set of these is on the way now, should have stuck with them in the first place...

Mojo ArmoRed battery case 1700ma
Mojo ArmoRed battery case 1700ma

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, January 26, 2013
I purchased a refurbished unit from Mag Marvel through Amazon. Shipping was very fast, got it the same week I ordered. It arrived well packaged and looks brand new! Every thing fits very nicely, there is definite attention to detail in its construction. I needed an armored case for my work and this one feels very solid. It seems sealed up well enough to handle the occasional splash and it is not any more bulky than the previous NON-battery armored case I had (griffin survivor).

It does what it is supposed to do well - The extra battery life is wonderful. The speaker ports on the front make the sound through the speakers BETTER because they direct the sound towards the front of the phone instead of downwards. The screen cover is quality, it does not stick to the screen in blotches like I've seen others do, touch screen works perfectly. Headphone port access is a little snug and will not accommodate larger plugs, but my daily use headphones have a small plug and fit just fine (this was also the case on my griffin survivor case). The computer sync works just fine through the micro usb.

Thanks Ibattz, you have earned a loyal customer! I hope that you will have an armored case for the iPhone 5 when it is time for me to upgrade this fall!!

UPDATE: 3/9/13 - My case started to have an issue with the phone not charging when plugged in to the wall. I contacted ibattz, got a response very quickly asking to check a couple things. After confirming it wasn't a cable issue, they immediately mailed out a replacement. Back in business after just a couple days, now that's good customer support!!

A couple more notes after using the case for a while. The materials are top quality, the silicone is strong and solid, I've handled some other cases ($40 cases with no battery...) and the silicone felt flimsy. This stuff seems like its going to hold up for a while. I use the battery to recharge the phone when it drops below 20%. It charges back up fast and I consistently get it back to 100% with battery life to spare. It's so nice not to have to find a charger and somewhere to charge it at work any more.

If you are considering this case, do it! Well worth the money.

Brooks Men's Trance 10 Runnning Shoe,Bright Navy/Metallic Pavement/White/Black,12.5 D US
Offered by HT Corporation
Price: $119.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Back In the saddle, June 30, 2012
I started out my running career in brooks. I got caught up in the hype and switched to "barefoot" shoes. Don't get me wrong, these are great for normal use and light training, but it's very easy to do too much too soon in these. My orthopod says they help keep him in business... Anyway, back to the point. My bare footing led to metatarsal stress fracture and degeneration of tarsometatarsal joint which knocked me out of the game for a few years.

My ortho suggested I try a shoe with more support and/or a carbon fiber insert. Tried the insert first with my lighter shoes and my gait was terrible. Then I invested in a pair of trance 10s. I tried them first without the insert and the results were wonderful. It was the first run in years where I didn't have to think about my feet and they didn't hurt afterwards.

Sorry I ever put my brooks down now, and very happy to be pounding the pavement again. These shoes have the stiffness I need with just enough give to allow me a normal gait. I have a narrow (13a) foot, and the medium feels like a perfect fit. The high arch support and full length DNA help minimize the movement of that painful joint and relieve the strain on that old fracture.

These arent going to be perfect for everyone, but brooks makes a whole line of excellent shoes (used to love the adrenalines). If you aren't happy with your shoes, give them a try!

8/23/12 UPDATE: Did a 13 mile run last week. Didn't think I'd ever make it up to that mileage again. Thanks Brooks!!

Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery 1-Pound-Loaf Programmable Mini Breadmaker
Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery 1-Pound-Loaf Programmable Mini Breadmaker
Price: $167.99
22 used & new from $142.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, will never go back to store bread..., December 31, 2011
I've tried to make bread in the past, it never turned out well. Perhaps I'm too impatient for all the rising, punching down, kneading, whatever, but it just wasn't good. Then I had a chance to pick this little thing up.

First off, I should mention that I read many reviews and it seemed most of the bad ones referred to poor bread made from the recipes in the owners manual. Armed with this knowledge, I didn't try any of these. What I did was try some of the best reviewed recipes I could find on the net and I must admit, after owning this thing for about 48 hours, I feel like a master baker!

Here's what I've made -
Straight out of the box I made Jo's Rosemary Bread. This was a winner right from the start, the dough rose perfectly and the bread was soft and luscious. I gave it a 9 out of 10 (will be a 10 once I've messed with this thing a bit more).

Next up was a basic white bread, this one was so-so, still rose very nicely and tasted good, but the crust was a bit thick. I like my white bread super soft, so I'll be trying this on the "soft" setting, but for this attempt I gave it a 5.

Then it was on to a banana quick bread. So easy and fast on the cake setting and popped right up with some baking powder and soda. Came out juicy and tasty with a perfect crust. I gave this a 7 (I like my banana bread a bit sweeter, so I'll have to play with the recipe a bit).

Ok, time to try out the jam setting. Had a couple pears that were getting a bit ripe, so I chopped them up, followed the instructions for apples in the manual, and was enjoying some wonderful fresh jam on my white toast the next morning. Only complaint here is that the cleanup was a bit more involved as the sugar hardened on the pan a bit. But making it was so easy, the clean-up was worth it.

The coup de grace was the french bread. Threw the ingredients in, hit the dough setting, and 1:45 later I had a beautiful dough ball. Punched it down, rolled it out, rolled it up and 30 minutes later it was in the oven. When it came out and hit the dinner table it was the most luscious french bread I've ever had. I gave it a 10!

Perhaps I've had a good experience right out of the box because I avoided the recipes in the manual. I've got the Betty Crocker's Best Bread Machine Cookbook: The Goodness of Homemade Bread the Easy Way coming in the mail shortly. Excited to get going on the recipes in there and start learning how to play around with my ingredients. It really is amazingly easy with this thing, which is great because I want fresh bread, but don't want to spend an entire evening in the kitchen. Very happy with my purchase... (and shipping was crazy fast even though I opted for the free super saver!)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2012 11:17 PM PDT

Celestron Firstscope 114EQ 114mm Reflector Telescope
Celestron Firstscope 114EQ 114mm Reflector Telescope

5.0 out of 5 stars Off to a great start!, August 3, 2006
I recently purchased this scope from amazon. I read many reviews and suggestions and decided to go with the Firstscope 114 because it seemed to be the most scope I could get for the least price. I considered some cheaper models with the same features, but I'm glad I chose this one because the differences in quality would have ruined my experience. It took about 2 weeks to receive my scope from Amazon, but you can't beat free shipping! The scope was well packaged, the only casualty during shipping was a wingnut on the tripod with a broken wing. I contacted Celestron, and they immediately sent me another wingnut. Great customer service!

Setup was easy, just follow the instructions. I had the scope together and was looking at Jupiter the next night (there were clouds the first night). I live in the city and the lights combined with the humidity make it hard to see any stars with the naked eye in the summer, however the images were crisp and clear through the 10 and 20mm eyepieces and I could see 4 of Jupiter's moons and distinguish the bands crossing its surface.

At first I was a little disappointed with the German Equatorial mount. It seemed very shaky and I had a hard time following objects in the sky. However, I quickly realized that I had not done a good job of balancing the scope on the mount. With it properly balanced, the scope's movements were smooth and it was very stable even at high magnification. I purchased a 5mm Celestron Ultima lens as well and I have been pleased with the images I have seen so far.

I would definitely recommend this scope to anyone looking to get into astronomy. I forsee many more hours and years of enjoyment with my Firstscope.

Finding Forrester (2000 Film)
Finding Forrester (2000 Film)
Offered by Media Medley
Price: $9.95
109 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want the track by Iz, by his album!!!, November 29, 2004
Instead of buying this album and getting a bunch of other songs you don't want, just buy:

"Facing Future" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

[...]

and get a whole CD packed full of songs that will touch your heart.