Profile for Jeffrey Stanley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 104

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeffrey Stanley RSS Feed (Wichita, KS United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Wacom Bamboo Stylus fineline for iPad 3/4, iPad Air and iPad mini - Gray (CS600CK)
Price: $59.00
6 used & new from $59.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Product, September 6, 2014
Item barely worked. I used it with iPad Mini, which is stated as compatible on the front of the box. IPad palm rejection did not function at all (using the manufacturer's "Paper" app). Ipad responds to normal writing as if I am initiating the four-finger swipe-up gesture if my hand touches the screen while using the stylus. The stylus is only usable if the hand does not touch the screen. It is no more useful to using a fingertip.

Item's look was nice, but even the design is terrible in-use. The button on the device is positioned where it is tough to avoid accidental presses.

This is the most useless waste of money I have ever purchased. Returning to Amazon ASAP.

HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer
HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer
Price: Click here to see our price
118 used & new from $122.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Mostly terrible product, June 27, 2014
Ink jet printers are never trouble-free, but I've had decent luck with HP in the past. I grabbed this while on a trip for work when I needed a printer for an unexpected project and it wasn't realistic to do it at Kinkos.

I have rarely been so disappointed by a product.

The printer is portable, but it still large. I wouldn't recommend bringing this along when flying. It would fill 1/3 of a carry-on bag. It's fine for car trips.

There is no case included, and you really need one. A larger laptop briefcase is a decent fit.

The power supply is a mess. It is typical of HP: a huge heavy brick with cables at either end. It is a terrible design for a portable device.

The paper feed isn't very reliable. It likes to eat paper, and there is no access to help remove the shredded pages. A paper jam will take a lot of time to clear. 20 mins of removing tiny shreds of paper through the ink access door is no fun when trying to get work done.

The Bluetooth printing does not work with iOS (iPhone or iPad). It also isn't compatible with HP ePrint, so Chromebooks are nearly impossible unless you have another laptop to act as a print server.

There is no wifi. Honestly, the best way to travel with this is to bring along an Airport Express.

The bluetooth printing works fine with Mac OSX 10.9, though setup took a couple tries (hint: don't try pairing it in bluetooth setup, just stare at the add-printer screen until it somehow will appear, eventually). You can only print one or two pages with bluetooth. If you print more than a couple of pages, the connection will drop and the print job will not complete. If you need multiple page documents, make sure you pack a USB cable (not included).

The best solution for traveling with this is to pair it with an Airport Express and USB cable. That will give you decent reliable connectivity without wires and it doesn't add much more bulk to your bag than the stupid power brick included with this device.

Battery operation works. I didn't try to run it dead so I can't speak to the "500 page" battery claim. I would expect they base that on "fast draft black and white" printing, which would probably give you about 100 normal pages.

The ink carts are a bit small and there aren't any "xl" carts available, so it won't be a super-cheap way to print on the road.

Print quality is average for an ink jet. I would not use them for important customer presentations, but it is fine for interoffice documents (invoices, working on drafts, memos, letters).

I'm actually going to keep it. I bought it at Best Buy and don't want to deal with their CS nightmare to try to return due to lack of satisfaction. I'll keep it in the car for emergency print needs on the road.

I would not recommend it unless you have no other choice. I'm not sure there are any better alternatives, and I've looked for one. HP could make this a lot better by putting the power supply in the body, including a custom bag, and adding wifi/ePrint. This model is basically an antiquated (think 1998) compact inkjet with a battery slapped on the back.

Belkin Song Stream Bluetooth Music Receiver
Belkin Song Stream Bluetooth Music Receiver
Price: $29.66
26 used & new from $19.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor range, awkward setup, April 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have this connected to a bookshelf stereo in my dining room. I am connecting to it using an iPhone 5S. If I wander into the adjacent kitchen or dining room, the signal is unreliable. It won't work reliably with my phone in my pocket, even in the same room (within 5 feet or so). I own Sennheiser bluetooth headphones with 2-3 times better reception than this device.

Setup was ridiculous. It requires a password, but the setup guide gave no indication of what the password is. After trying 1234, 1111,2222,3333,4444,5555,6666,7777,8888, and 9999, it turned out to be 0000. I was ready to throw it away without testing it (I didn't pay for it, it is a Vine item).

If you spend forty dollars on this, you will never get any use from it unless you plan to place the phone next to the receiver. Mine is going in the garbage.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2014 1:21 PM PDT

Inox Extended Length Stainless Steel Shower Hose - 100 inches (2.54 meters)
Inox Extended Length Stainless Steel Shower Hose - 100 inches (2.54 meters)
Offered by CRESNEL
Price: $44.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed in 2.5 months, March 16, 2014
The hose developed a leak at hardware connector. Was unusable and unrepairable after less than three months of use. Length was great, quality is terrible.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2014 1:29 PM PDT

The Complete Beer Course: Boot Camp for Beer Geeks: From Novice to Expert in Twelve Tasting Classes
by Joshua M. Bernstein
Price: $13.07
39 used & new from $10.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for consumers and some pros., February 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am in the middle of using this to develop a plan to educate wholesalers, so I haven't gotten through the entire book. I'll update my review later. My Vine review is "due."

This is a more modern-day take on beer than most of the top beer books (like Mosher's "Tasting Beer"). It contains a bit more of the modern-day beer culture than the more serious books. I honestly think that, unless you are studying for your Certified Cicerone or similar exam, this would be a better guide for enthusiast consumers. I don't think Mosher's book is better, it is just that the Cicerone program was almost built with that book as a text, so it will serve the reader better for that purpose.

My favorite thing about this book is that is focuses on styles, but does so in a fun-to-read way. I have spent many hours studying the BJCP style guide for my Cicerone Certification. This is a much more pleasant way to explore styles.

The opening chapter is one of the best summaries of process, serving, and ingredients i have seen anywhere. it doesn't bore you with too much data or techie stuff, but gives you a good understanding of ingredients, brewing process, and serving.

The book is a sturdy hardcover and is beautifully illustrated. This is a book you will want to own, not download to a Kindle.

Baxter of California Hard Cream Pomade, 2 oz.
Baxter of California Hard Cream Pomade, 2 oz.
Price: $20.00
3 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Best no-product look pomade I've used, but it's too expensive, January 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have thick hair kept short. If I don't use a product, my hair tends to look like a big fuzzball on top of my head (it won't lay down).

This is actually my favorite pomade after using for three days, based on the way it makes my hair look. My hair doesn't look like I'm using product after it is applied and my hair is dry. My hair lays nice, without a greasy or wet look.

My scalp is also prone to breakouts with the wrong product. This product is better than most in that regard. I can't say that the skin on my scalp is free of breakouts with this, but it isn't terrible (like I have found with some cheap store brands like Axe or Suave). I still have the best luck with avoiding breakouts using Crew Defining Paste, which is my regular product.

The scent is barely-there and you don't notice it, which I prefer.

The packaging is overkill, but if you are concerned with what the package looks like sitting on your vanity, then you will be pleased. It is probably the most beautifully packaged men's grooming product of all time.

My only gripe, and the reason I won't buy it in the future, is the cost. It is 50% more expensive than Crew and contains 33% less product in the can/jar. Yes, with Pomade a little bit goes a long way, but this price is insane. I buy Crew even though it is 2-3 times more expensive than supermarket products because it is gentler on my sensitive skin and I prefer the look. This product is literally almost twice as expensive (per ounce) as Crew. Sorry Baxter, I can't go there. Maybe package it in a less luxurious container and you could compete with other Men's salon brands. I would feel like a fool paying almost $20 for 2oz of pomade.

Colgate Total Advanced Pro-Shield Mouthwash, Wintermint Rush, 16.9 Fluid Ounce
Colgate Total Advanced Pro-Shield Mouthwash, Wintermint Rush, 16.9 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Quality 1 HBA
Price: $9.80
12 used & new from $4.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant flavor, no burn, January 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a pleasant mouthwash to use. It doesn't burn like Listerene, and the flavor is lots better than the medicine-y mint mouthwash brands. I highly recommend the Wintermint Rush flavor.

I can't speak to it's claim to work for "12 hours." It doesn't leave a lingering clean feeling like when one begins using Colgate Total toothpaste (I have long become accustomed to this). Total toothpaste definitely keeps your mouth fresh longer than competing brands, but I can't say I notice any difference when using this along side Colgate Total toothpaste.

The price doesn't seem to be too out of whack, like some other no-alcohol alternatives. I'll probably continue to use this.

Luciano Natazzi Classic Fit Quarter Zip Mock Neck Sweater Cotton Cashmere Touch
Luciano Natazzi Classic Fit Quarter Zip Mock Neck Sweater Cotton Cashmere Touch
Offered by DARYA TRADING INC
Price: $32.50

2.0 out of 5 stars runs VERY small, January 9, 2014
I ordered a size up based on other reviews. It's too small, even over a t-shirt, even though I ordered a size larger than usual. I would recommend ordering two sizes larger than normal for wearing over a tshirt, and three sizes larger than normal for wearing over an oxford shirt.

I actually liked the look and feel. It's light weight, but I prefer that for layering over an oxford shirt for a sharp business casual look. Softness truly is similar to a lightweight wool sweater I already own. Great finish and style.

I can't speak to its durability. I'm returning mine due to the size.

Luciano Natazzi Classic Fit V-Neck Premium Cotton Sweater with a Cashmere Touch
Luciano Natazzi Classic Fit V-Neck Premium Cotton Sweater with a Cashmere Touch
Price: $29.50 - $46.96

2.0 out of 5 stars runs VERY small, January 9, 2014

I can't speak to its durability. I'm returning mine due to the size.

Satechi BT MediaRemote Bluetooth Multi-Media Remote Control for iPhone, iPad & iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook, and Mac Mini
Offered by Satechi
Price: $49.99
16 used & new from $27.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Only a media device. Useless for presentation, January 1, 2014
This device works. It has exactly the same functionality on a Mac as the F7-F12 keys.

The only presentation it can control is Keynote.app. It won't work for Powerpoint, or Keynote for iCloud. It will not control any slide shows on iOS devices. It can connect to Apple TV, but can only play and pause (no navigation).

If you lack media controls on your car's steering wheel, it is useful for that. If you have an iPod speaker dock and an iPod touch, it is useful for that. I can't imagine anything else it might be good for.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2014 1:08 PM PST