Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for Chris Dickey > Reviews

Browse

Chris Dickey's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris Dickey RSS Feed (Richmond, Va)

Nerf Lazer Tag Phoenix LTX Tagger 2-Pack
Nerf Lazer Tag Phoenix LTX Tagger 2-Pack
18 used & new from $164.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift for our two boys, January 12, 2014
My boys this system and I love the fact that there are no bullets included. Thank you for the great gift.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This brush is amazing, January 12, 2014
This brush works miracles on my two-year old with natural curly hair. Thank you! I've already referred several friends to buy and will continue to do so.

SONOS PLAYBAR TV Sound Bar/Wireless Streaming Music Speaker
SONOS PLAYBAR TV Sound Bar/Wireless Streaming Music Speaker
Price: $699.00
21 used & new from $586.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Playbar Surpasses Expectations, March 6, 2013
Can't go wrong with this new product from Sonos!

Look & Feel

As you have come to expect from all Sonos products, the Playbar comes well designed, with a polished form and factor you would expect from this brand, and this price point. The Playbar will look great in a living room, media room, or sitting snugly under the latest flat screen.

Set Up

The set up complexity is a bit greater than past models, for a number of salient reasons, first and foremost is the mounting of the speaker, should you choose to do so under your screen. If you do, I HIGHLY recommended going ahead and buying the mounting bar, otherwise you have to precisely measure the mounting screws with little tolerance for error.

The unit requires you to plug it into the digital out from your TV. It's a must have output, so make sure your set comes with one, the newer ones will have it. Once connected, the set up process is fairly easy, menu driven, and interfaces with your TV and remote. It also seamlessly cancels the music and switches over to TV ince that source becomes available. The setup with your set of speakers is a little more complex than setting up a stand alone speaker, as I paired my with a Sub and 2 sets of 3's, which took a couple tries to get them all synced for 5.1 surround sound.

The Sound

Full disclosure, I did not just use the Playbar alone, but since it drives the primary sound output when paired up, I'm fairly certain that playing it alone would produce amazing sound quality to rival or exceed what you would expect from a 5. I however paired it with the Sub and 3's and then demo'd the set with a HD movie (Battleship was playing at the time, solid sound, tepid acting....) Paired with a Sub, the sound is spectacular, and while I did not place the 3's per the room diagram, they still added a nice surround quality to the large room. Beyond the TV, the Playbar in 5.1 mode took the music in the room up a couple notches, with all the speakers running together, it truly rocks the house!

While I know there are great 5.1 systems out there, for the money, and the use in a living room, where my wife frowns on large speakers, subs and wire clutter, Sonos is the one to beat. Add in the ability to stream music, and you have an awesome system for all facets of entertainment.

I can't wait to see what they bring out next (I hope it's outdoor related!)

SONOS SUB Wireless Subwoofer
SONOS SUB Wireless Subwoofer
Price: $699.00
18 used & new from $629.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No Sonos system is complete without a Sonos Sub, August 2, 2012
The Sonos Sub will simply blow you away, knock you down, or in my case, upset the wife and wake the kids. When I first heard that it was in development, I made the incorrect assumption that is was small and wouldn't contend with high-end subs in the market, however I knew it was Sonos and I knew they would not skimp. I decided to try it out.

When the package arrived, my expectations were far exceeded before I even opened the box. Just by the sheer size and weight, I knew this thing was going to perform! When you open it up and take a look at it, it's also a beautiful piece, and while you can hide it under furniture, it's worthy of being shown off, perhaps more so than the speakers themselves.

Once you connect it up, it adds a new level of richness to the already ample speakers, and when you crank it up a bit, your living room becomes a Snoop Dog worthy hip-hop lounge.

If your collecting Sonos's speakers like I am, and distributing them across the house, your system simply won't be compete without a Sonos sub to anchor it. Enjoy!

SONOS PLAY:3 Smart Speaker for Streaming Music (White)
SONOS PLAY:3 Smart Speaker for Streaming Music (White)
Price: $299.00
17 used & new from $231.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonos PLAY:3 Review, September 14, 2011
I recently received the Sonos PLAY:3 that included a wireless bridge. Set up was fantastically easy, plug and play, download the software, and it's up and running. I ran the player off of my iPad as it is the most accessible control device in my house (versus my PC).

If you love a ton of music selections, or you have a lot of memberships with online music services (Pandora, Spotify, etc.,) it works seamlessly with any of those options, as well as your music library. I have yet to explore all of the 3,000 + channels, but I have been able to customize my favorites, and even set the player to wake us up with specific music on specific days.

I put the player in the one room that was the hardest for us to put a music source in, which was the master bath. Not sure about others, but my family likes to listen to music in the shower, and the shower radio doesn't cut it. We've also taken it outside a few times for BBQ and patio listening. Unfortunately I only own one at the moment, but I can see the benefits of multiple units in multiple rooms.

The speaker sounds great, clear at high and low volumes for such a small unit, and the player interface it intuitive, easy to use and customizable. For anyone that wants an experience akin to satellite radio, but much mure versatile with a better interface and better player, without any monthly fees, this is the best bet I've come across!

Sonos Play:3 All-In-One Wireless Music Player With 3 Integrated Speakers (White, NEW)