Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Profile for 1.4.the.team > Reviews

Browse

1.4.the.team's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

1.4.the.team RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
New Trent NT636CR-L Rugged Durable Case with 3 interchangeable Color Back Plate for iPhone 6 Plus / 6s Plus  - Black/Silver/Gold
New Trent NT636CR-L Rugged Durable Case with 3 interchangeable Color Back Plate for iPhone 6 Plus / 6s Plus - Black/Silver/Gold
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $49.95
13 used & new from $8.16

4.0 out of 5 stars As much drop, dirt and water protection as I can ask for…, April 28, 2015
Following is my review of the New Trent Trentium 6L Protective Durable TPU Case for the iPhone 6+.

[ Why I bought this case: ]
I purchased this case as a replacement to my existing case - the LUVVITT ULTRA ARMOR iPhone 6 Plus Case. I loved my old case, but it didn’t have sufficient screen or water protection, and lately I’ve realized I've been dropping my iPhone a lot more then I thought I would (the iPhone 6+ is giant and I thought I wouldn’t drop it as much as my previous iPhone 5… WRONG!). Fortunately I installed a glass screen protector - the Tech Armor HD Clear Ballistic Glass Screen Protector - which was now cracked after surviving multiple drops over the last few months. It was time to replace the broken screen protector, and I wanted to move into a case that offered more protection.

Note: My old case and glass screen protector mentioned above is an excellent combo if you want a less protective, lower profile, different looking/colored case (but still want some protection beyond a bare iPhone).

[ The reason I chose THIS particular case: ]
I’ve owned multiple New Trent products over the last 5+ years (external batteries, phone cases, tablet cases, keyboards), and they have all been well made, reliable, affordable products. I’ve never had buyers remorse with any of the New Trent products I’ve purchased (unlike my poor experiences with other name brand products).

I originally purchased the smaller version of this case for my SO’s smaller iPhone 6. It has protected her phone from falls down stairs, flying drops onto the concrete, a dip in the toilet, splashing from sinks, sitting in a purse every day with keys and all sorts of jagged objects, and a 4 yo boy (enough said). After a 6 month torture test, my SO’s iPhone is still like new. Thank you New Trent.

This case provides drop protection, water protection, and dirt protection in a low profile and attractive case at a very low cost. What’s not to love?

[ How long I’ve had this case: ]
At the time of this review, I’ve been using it for 8 days straight.

[ What you get: ]
In the box is a moist screen cleaner pad, the iPhone case (split into 2 sections - front half and back half), and 3 colored interchangeable backplates (black, silver, gold; none of which are required to be installed).

[ WHAT I LIKE: ]
+Appearance - I personally think this case looks great on both the iPhone 6 and 6+. I had a similar (older) version of this case (also New Trent) for my iPhone 5 - it was a great product, but I personally didn’t care for the looks of it. This case looks like they put a lot more effort into making the case very durable and protective, while also being attractive. But that is of course only my subjective opinion.

+Fit and Finish - The materials they used in this case feel of the highest quality. The inside screen frame feels like a smooth, very hard, scratch resistant plastic. The outer bumper (around the top, bottom and sides of the case) feels like a smooth, dense polymer with a slight cushion to it (also scratch-less). The back color plate (3 included) feel like a thinner, more flexible plastic (which has proven to be scratch-free despite being jammed in my jeans pocket with keys, tools and loose change). All of the pieces fit together seamlessly with zero gaps. When assembling, the outer bumper fits perfectly into a small groove in the front screen frame, which provides a water tight seal around the case. I am thoroughly pleased with the design of this case; everything feels and looks of the highest quality.

+Feel - This case feels great in my hand. It’s easy to grip and it doesn’t slide out of my hands as easy as my last case I had (I attribute this to the more squared design and less slippery materials). I do NOT feel like this case adds too much bulk to the already big iPhone 6+; it’s still slender enough to be comfortable to use. It fits in my side and back jeans pockets and doesn’t grip my pockets when I pull the phone out (I’ve had other cases that were difficult to remove from tight pockets due to their soft grippy case materials).

+Installation - The case went together perfectly. All the parts fit very tightly together. Its very easy to install. Put the iPhone face down in the front plastic screen frame, put on the rubberized back half of the frame, push the back rubberized frame into the grooves around the front frame, snap on the back color plate. This takes less than a minute.

+Features - This case is both shock and water resistant (I’ve already had the pleasure to test both of these claims; they are absolutely true). The case comes with a built in screen protector (a non-removable clear plastic shield that is built into the front plastic frame). There is a raised lip around the front edges of the screen to prevent screen breakages in the event of falls. There are dust and moisture resistant flaps over the mute switch, headphone port, and charge cable port. The volume and lock buttons are covered by the case (the buttons are built into the case). There are small holes in the bottom of the case for the microphone and speaker.

+Usage - I’ve had no problems accessing all sides of the touch screen with my fingers. I’ve had other cases in the past that were so bulky they prevented your fingers from touching the very edges of the screen (not so with this case). The screen fits tightly against the front plastic screen protector and provides a perfect touchscreen experience (no lag or unresponsive finger touches). My fingerprint reader works flawlessly - it is not blocked by the case. The protective flaps are sturdy, do not fall open on their own, but are easily opened when I need to. The charge port is large enough to accept my bulkier non-apple charge cable (unlike cases I’ve had in the past that didn’t accept anything other than Apple cables). The front camera works fine from behind the screen protector (I’m not sure if the front camera quality is affected in any way). Everyone can hear me fine over the speakerphone, so I don’t think the case impedes on the microphone performance by much. The speaker is plenty loud (it may be a little quieter through the case, but not enough to be an issue for me). The built-in volume and lock buttons look great, feel great, and work fantastically.

[ WHAT I DON’T LIKE: ]
+Headphone Port - One of my audio cables (a right angled cable) has a plug that is too bulky too fit into my headphone port through the case. I tried a more slender straight audio cable in its place and it fit fine. My Apple headphones fit fine as well. Keep in mind that cables with bulkier audio cable connectors may not fit through this case.

+iHome Stereo Dock - I have a iHome clock radio with an iPhone dock which I can no longer use unless I take off the case. If you have any docks for your iPhone, this case will probably not fit (you’ll have to take the case off). This is not a knock against this case, it’s just a trade-off you make with any case designed with this level of protection.

+Mute Switch - I think my hands are averaged size, but I can’t easily access the mute switch behind the flap - the port is too small. I have to use a pen or whatever I find laying around to access the mute switch through the small port. I feel like New Trent could improve on this.

+Screen Protector - As with all screen protectors that are built into the case itself, occasionally i can see whats commonly known as the "rainbow effect” or “newton rings” over my screen. I see this effect more so when my phone is locked (black screen), in high humidity environments, or in certain lighting. Sometimes its more noticeable then others. Again, this is extremely common with any phone case that has a built in screen protector that is not directly adhered to the front of your phone screen (even the Otterbox and Lifeproof cases I’ve owned suffer from this same effect). Overall it doesn’t bother me too much, but it’s something I hope the phone case manufactures develop a fix for in the future. Because all manufacturers have this issue, I’m not pointing the finger at New Trent or this particular case for this issue. Note: I’ve heard of fixing this issue with baby powder (check Google for more info on this).

[ WHAT I WOULD CHANGE: ]
+Design a larger audio cable port to provide access to a wider range of audio cables - OR provide a short audio port extender cable.

+Design a larger mute-switch port so my average fingers can access the switch without having to use an instrument.

+Provide or offer more back plate colors (I think white, orange, lime green, pink, purple, blue and red would do very well). I would like white (although I personally wouldn’t want to pay more then $4.95 per custom color cover).

[ OVERALL REVIEW: ]
As with my other New Trent product experiences, I am very pleased with this product and am a very satisfied customer. Do I feel I am missing any features that a more expensive case (like a LifeProof or Otterbox) would have provided? Absolutely not. This product is well crafted, uses high quality materials, and most importantly it adds the protection I need to avoid costly screen and phone replacements. I have no doubt this case will last for the lifetime of my phone. I am (so far) extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for an attractive, high quality, high protection, low profile iPhone 6+ case at an affordable price, I HIGHLY recommend this model.

Thanks New Trent. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up!

[ About me: ]
It may be of value to note that I am a landscaper and handy-man by trade (by some standards I work “Dirty Jobs”). I always have my phone with me, and feel very confident this case will protect my phone from all the dirt I’m around when landscaping, the occasional usage in the rain, and the drops on the concrete I just can’t seem to avoid.

[ Future review updates: ]
If for any reason I experience any problems with this case, I will update this review.

[ Please Vote! ]
I hope this review gives you some insight and help with your choice, and a little knowledge from an unbiased owner. If so, please click on "YES" below this review to vote it as helpful. Thanks!

Lumberjack Feud wooden Slingshot (Limited Edition Snake & wood design) Ammo not included

4.0 out of 5 stars Find them cheaper and new at the official store, August 5, 2014
These are available for sale at the Lumberjack Feud Dinner Show gift shop in Pigeon Forge, TN for $10. Awesome show by the way. Took the whole family; kids, mom/dad, grandparents - everyone loved it! By far, the best show in TN! YO-HO!

ZyXEL Powerline AV 500 Mbps 4 Port Gigabit Switch Wall-plug Adapter with PLA4205 Powerline AV 500Mbps (PLA4225KIT)
Offered by BlueProton
Price: $68.79
14 used & new from $58.99

1,175 of 1,191 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars These are almost perfect, ALMOST..., September 20, 2012
I recently installed these in a older 2,500sq ft home. Here's why...

In the 3 years I have lived in this home, I have tried 3 different (latest technology, $100+) Wifi routers. I have NEVER been able to get a good enough signal throughout my house to stream videos over Netflix to my various TV's. I've tried 2 different Roku players, an apple TV, and even a couple laptops. The Wifi signal is just too weak to watch a movie without constant video lock ups or stutters.

After a year of pondering (and not wanting to waste any more money), I convinced myself to just try these with the faith that Amazon would take them back if they didn't. I decided on this brand/model because of the reviews.

How I made them finally work:
The first thing you need to do when you get these is pair them together. Long story short, I could not get mine to see each other until I plugged them into the same outlet (via a 3 outlet extension cord).

Here's how I setup mine:
1) IMPORTANT! The first thing you need to know is these powerline products cannot be plugged into a surge protector or extension cord if you want a strong signal.
2) Plug 1 unit into the wifi router via its network cable. Plug the unit directly into your wall outlet.
3) Plug the second unit into the same wall outlet. No network cable needed in this one yet. Wait for the connection light to go green.
4) Move the second unit into any other outlet in your home (different room perhaps?). Make sure you get a connection light. Plug a laptop or game console into the second unit via its network cable. Test your internet connection.

My first connection speed test:
I took my laptop upstairs (wifi router downstairs). Over wifi I get 12mbps download speed. Plugged into one of these, I get 33mbps download speed. No hiccups. No problems; a perfect full speed internet connection at the farthest distance away from my router in my home. SWEET!

How I am using them now:
I have one unit plugged in near my router (the 1 port unit), the other plugged into the outlet in my TV room. I have my game consoles, roku box, and apple TV connected directly to the second unit with network cables. Everything connects to the internet instantly, and netflix movies now stream super fast in full HD.

What I didn't like:
These units would be WAY easier to use (and more people would adopt them) if there was an app to go with them. An iPhone/Android app that showed you the different modules in your home, the names, and the connection speed to each one. This would help you verify they are working, and help you locate the best outlets with the best signals. Without some kind of user friendly app, its hard to troubleshoot any connection problems; and most novices will give up on the technology.

Expansion:
Powerline adapters are great. You can buy more (the pair or single units) and just plug them in anywhere in your home and BAM! You have high speed internet. I can't wait to get more.

To date, I have not had a single one of these units fail on me. If they ever do, I will update this review, with details.

I am (so far) extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for an easy way to get reliable, fast internet connectivity throughout your home, I HIGHLY recommend these.

I'm a very pleased and very satisfied customer.

Thanks ZyXEL. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up! In the future, I hope you make the interface for these a little easier to use. As an example of good consumer interface, install a Apple Extreme Wifi Router in your home. That's how we consumers like things to work. Simple, Easy, Brainless. It can be done! If you want some more feedback, contact me in the comments.

[Please Vote!]

(Thanks for the questions, comments and votes fellow Amazon shoppers... keep them coming too!)
Comment Comments (31) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2015 12:08 PM PDT

Apple AirPort Express Base Station (MC414LL/A)
Apple AirPort Express Base Station (MC414LL/A)
Price: $89.99
89 used & new from $49.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, it's so easy to setup and use; and works PERFECTLY..., September 20, 2012
I own an iPhone and an iPad. I love them both.

First Airplay Experience: Apple TV
My first experience with Apple Airplay technology was through the TV, using the Apple TV appliance. The Apple TV allows you to mirror your entire iPhone or iPad screen wirelessly, ANYWHERE in your home, to ANY TV (that has a apple TV connected to it). It works perfectly every time, without any complicated setup. The kids use Airplay for playing their games on the HDTV, and we use it for beaming TV shows and movies to the HDTV.

Second Airplay Experience: Airport Express
The Airport Express does two great things the Apple TV doesn't.
First: It has a headphone jack on the back that allows you to connect the unit to any home stereo, computer speakers, portable amplified speakers, etc.
Second: It acts like a wifi repeater wherever it plugs in. That means you get a free boost of wifi in your house where there was previously a dead spot.

What I use it for:
I have hidden small 2.1 computer speakers and airport express units throughout my house. 1 set in the master bathroom, 1 set in the living room, 1 set in the dining room, and 1 set in our travel trailer outside. With our setup, you can play iPhone and iPad audio (music, talk radio, etc) throughout our house; easily, and quickly.

Ease of use:
You plug the unit in, go to your wifi settings on your iPhone or iPad, click the button to setup the new airport express, click through a couple prompts and your done. Plug in your speakers, and now you can select those speakers from any iDevice throughout your home.

Wifi Boost:
Scattering Airport Express units throughout my home means I get a full wifi signal wherever I am in the home.

To date, I have not had a single one of these products fail on me. If they ever do, I will update this review, with details.

I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for the ability to have wireless audio in your home, I HIGHLY recommend these.

I'm a very pleased, very impressed, and very satisfied customer.

Thanks Apple. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up!

[Please Vote!]

Tripp Lite Isobar 10 Outlet Audio/Video Surge Protector Tel/Modem/Coax/Network 8ft Cord Right Angle Plug (HT10DBS)
Price: $79.99
54 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These are VERY high quality. I use them professionally..., September 20, 2012
I install home theater systems for a living.

I purchase these units for use with larger home theater setups (with multiple devices, such as game consoles, video streamers, bluray players, etc). For smaller systems I use the 6 port model (see below).

Here are the reasons I use these units:
1) Quality. I only use high quality products in customer installations. These units exude quality both in specs and looks.
2) Protection. These surge protectors have a surge suppression rating of 3840 Joules. That's a lot of protection; higher then most in-home surge protector bars. This means whatever is plugged into these (such as TV's and computers) will have a better chance of surviving then a lower rated surge bar. It's backed by a $500,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance.
3) Noise Filtration. This is a feature found only higher quality surge protectors. This feature prevents appliances (blenders, refrigerators, fans) from degrading your TV picture and sound quality when in use. It also helps prevent lock-ups and data errors on PCs and other high end components. This is a MUST.
4) Heavy Duty. Yeah, these aren't breaking, ever. Every surface is solid metal, painted black. They weigh about 5 pounds, which makes them feel SOLID.
5) Easy. They plug in and work. No buttons. Plug in, your done.
6) Amount of Ports. 10 power ports. This unit is great if you have a lot of devices plugged into your TV (surround sound receiver, game consoles, video streamers, bluray players, etc)

Note: If you need a smaller surge protector then this 10 port, I recommend the following:
2 outlet (1410 joule): Tripp Lite ULTRABLOK Isobar Surge Protector/Suppressor 2 outlets, Direct Plug In, 1410 Joules
6 outlet (3340 joule): TRIPP LITE AVBAR6 Isobar Metal RJ11 Coax 6 Outlet 6-Feet Cord A/V Surge Protector

I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for a larger, HIGH QUALITY surge protector, I HIGHLY recommend these.

I'm a very pleased, very impressed, and very satisfied customer.

Thanks Tripp Lite. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up!

[Please Vote!]

Tripp Lite Isobar 6 Outlet Audio/Video Surge Protector Tel/Modem/Coax/Ethernet 8ft Cord Right Angle Plug (AVBAR6)

I install home theater systems for a living.

I purchase these units for use with flat panel TV's, surround sound systems, computers and anywhere there are electronics installed in a home.

These surge protectors are perfect for my needs:
2) Protection. These surge protectors have a surge suppression rating of 3330 Joules. That's a lot of protection; higher then most in-home surge protector bars. This means whatever is plugged into these (such as TV's and computers) will have a better chance of surviving then a lower rated surge bar. It's backed by a $250,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance.
4) Heavy Duty. Yeah, these aren't breaking, ever. Every surface is solid metal, painted black. They weigh about 4 pounds, which makes them feel SOLID.
5) Easy. They plug in and work. No buttons. Plug in, your done.

Note: If you need a smaller or larger surge protector then this 6 port, I recommend the following:
10 outlet (3840 joule): Tripp Lite HT10DBS Home Theater Isobar Surge Protector 10 Outlet RJ11 RJ45 Coax

I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for an affordable, QUALITY surge protector, I HIGHLY recommend these.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2015 10:13 AM PDT

Tripp Lite Isobar 2 Outlet Direct Plug-in Surge Protector/Suppressor Diagnostic LEDs (ULTRABLOK)
Price: $26.99
47 used & new from $23.79

I install home theater systems for a living.

I purchase these units for cramped locations (such as custom TV cabinets or behind wall mounted TVs).

These surge protectors are perfect for my needs:
1) Compact. A regular surge protector bar will not fit in any of my customers custom TV cabinets. I require a surge protector small enough to fit over an outlet without being bigger then the outlet itself. For example, these fit in the right side of a 2 gang, Combination Cable TV & Power outlet; without blocking the TV cable plug.
2) Quality. I only use high quality products in customer installations. These units exude quality both in specs and looks.
3) Protection. These surge protectors are small, but they have a surge suppression rating of 1410 Joules. That's pretty incredible for such a small unit; higher then most in-home surge protector bars. This means whatever is plugged into these (in my case LED TV's) will have a better chance of surviving then a lower rated surge bar. It's backed by a 10,000 Dollar "Ultimate Lifetime Insurance and Lifetime Product Warranty."
4) Noise Filtration. This is a feature found only higher quality surge protectors. This feature prevents appliances (blenders, refrigerators, fans) from degrading your TV picture and sound quality when in use. It also helps prevent lock-ups and data errors on PCs and other high end components. This is a MUST.
4) Heavy Duty. Yeah, these aren't breaking, ever. Every surface is solid metal, painted black. They weigh about 1 pound, which is lighter then I thought they would be.
5) Doesn't fall out of outlet. Despite their relative bulk and heavier weight, I thought these would just fall out with the slightest tug of an electrical cord. Not so. They fit solid into an outlet, and it's not going to fall out. It has a rubber boot on the back of the unit for extra leverage against the wall.
6) Easy. They plug in and work. No buttons. Plug in, your done.

I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for a small, affordable, QUALITY surge protector, I HIGHLY recommend these.

I'm a very pleased, very impressed, and very satisfied customer.

Note: If you have the space, I recommend the following larger surge protectors:
6 outlet (3330 joule): TRIPP LITE AVBAR6 Isobar Metal RJ11 Coax 6 Outlet 6-Feet Cord A/V Surge Protector

Biotone Dual Purpose Massage Cream, 128 Ounce
Biotone Dual Purpose Massage Cream, 128 Ounce
Offered by BeautyAnd
Price: $59.99
14 used & new from $60.65

5.0 out of 5 stars The Choice of a Professional..., September 20, 2012
My wife has been a Licensed Massage Therapist for over 15 years. She has tried every commercial product on the market for massage creams and oils. This is the only product she still uses after trying them all. She demands the best for herself and her clients, and Biotone Dual-Purpose Massage Creme fits her needs perfectly. She has not found a product that even comes close.

Why she likes it over other massage oils/cremes:
+Fragrance Free - she has several clients that are sensitive to perfumes and essential oils. None of her clients have ever had an allergic reaction to this product.
+Some products are too sticky, too greasy, soak into the skin quickly, or ball up. This creme is very smooth and allows your hands to glide over the skin effortlessly. It maintains its consistency throughout the massage which means she uses less of it.
+This creme is grease-less and does not leave oil stains on the linens. It washes off the skin easily.
+We have never had a problem with the vendor this ships from (The Massage & Spa Source). We always receive the product on time, well packaged, without any problems whatsoever.

What she doesn't like:
+The price. She goes through 1 gallon ever 2 months. It's pricier then other products, but then again other products don't compare to this product. And doing the math, its only costing her $0.25 to $0.50 a massage. When you think of it that way, it's a good price.
+Filling her tubes. She refills her smaller massage cream tubes, and its a complete mess every time. We have not figured out an easier, cleaner way of doing this.

If your a massage therapist, try this product out - its worth the premium if you too demand the best.

[Please Vote!]

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2016 9:17 AM PST

iHome IM60GT 3.5mm Aux Portable Speaker (Gray Translucent)
iHome IM60GT 3.5mm Aux Portable Speaker (Gray Translucent)
Price: $17.16
92 used & new from $5.25

1,736 of 1,766 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars H O L Y C R A P ! ! ! This little thing blows me away! (UPDATED), August 17, 2011
Ok, I bought this hoping it would work as a car audio system in an old noisy truck; I'm pleased to say it works perfectly for that! Read on...

So I bought an old truck recently (circa 1984). It's missing a stereo, and I use this truck 5 days a week for work. I don't want to put any money into this truck; but I really miss my tunes. I only use my iPhone for music, but it just doesn't get loud enough to hear over the clatter of an old diesel truck. All I needed was a cheap car amp and speakers for audio (no head unit, I would use my iPhone). Unfortunately, this kind of setup would still cost me a minimum $100 and the time to install. Then I ran across this little gem...

Long story short, this speak gets loud, VERY LOUD! If you crank it up all the way, it just starts to distort, just a little. About 90% volume is perfect in my old noisy truck. I can clearly hear the music, its surprisingly loud, and I can even hear a little bass. On top of that, it charges off my USB car charger (along with my iPhone). It's perfect for me!

Pros:
+Plugs into iPhone (or any other device) with standard 3.5 mm headphone cable (included!)
+Bass design - No exaggerating, this speaker has VERY surprising volume and bass for its size! Really!
+Rechargeable battery - no idea how long this lasts, but it's the best battery available, a lithium ion! I'm surprised they put such an expensive battery in this. Most companies would settle for a cheaper Ni-CD battery.
+Collapsible - it gets even tinier for easy travel/portability. This would be great to pack in a suitcase, backpack, glove box, purse, bike bag, etc.
+Expandable - you can link 2 of these together for simulated stereo - I may just try this.
+Charges with standard USB plug - I charge it off my iPhone car charger while in the car, and my laptop when at home (blows the laptop speakers away too)
+Comes with carrying case and all required cables
+Portable - no permanent setup. I can use it in my truck, at the beach, camping, on a hike, on my bike, in the yard while working, etc!

Cons:
+None found yet. I'll update this review if I do.

In Conclusion...
This speaker is DEFINITELY worth the $20 I paid. In fact, I think I would have been just as satisfied if I paid $30 or even $40 for such an amazing little speaker. I say if your on the fence, TRY IT! Return it if you really don't like it. I can't imagine why you wouldn't be pleased with it. If there is a better speaker at this price point, I would REALLY like to know! I can't imagine it's possible.

UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 2012
***************************
I wrote my original review on this product in August 2011. I've now owned this product for a total of 1 year, 1 month.

I love this little speaker. I no longer have the big loud truck, so I've retired the little speaker to in and around the house and office; and occasionaly outside for yard work. It's a great small speaker to bring with you everywhere to fill a room with plenty of sound; louder then I ever imagined. I can listen to spoken podcasts clearly, or music as loud as is comfortable for my ears while I work on my projects.

It still sounds, operates, and looks as good as the day I received it. I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for a small, affordable speaker to boost your phone, laptop, iPod, iPad, or whatever; this is definately highly recommend by me.

I'm a very pleased, very impressed, and very satisfied customer.

Thanks iHome. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up and never give up on quality.

[Please Vote!]

Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2015 11:43 AM PDT

RND Apple Certified Cable for iPad, iPhone, iPod (6 feet/black)
RND Apple Certified Cable for iPad, iPhone, iPod (6 feet/black)
Offered by RND Power Solutions
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars YES IT WORKS - iPhone 3GS/4S + iPad 2 charging, data transfers, etc... (UPDATED), August 17, 2011
I've been purchasing cords for my apple products for years (original iPods, iPod Touch, iPhones). I've always refused to buy the real Apple cords as I could never force myself to pay $20 for a cord that I could have shipped to my door for less then $2 from China (thanks eBay!).

With that said, I've always paid the price of shopping cheap. I've probably purchased over 30 cheap cords over the years. All of them have failed; literally all of them have fallen apart (cords pull out from connectors, etc). Worst of all? All of them had syncing issues - either I couldn't transfer music to/from my devices without errors, or updates/backups would fail. I always thought syncing issues were my computers fault; until I learned only the official Apple cords will sync correctly without errors. So recently I decided to end the frustration and buy a REAL apple sync cord ($20 once is cheaper then $2 over and over, and you can't put a price on eliminating all the frustration that comes with syncing errors, broken cords, etc).

AND THEN to my utter joy (and hesitation) I found this cord. I didn't want to believe the reviews or the claims, as every non-Apple cord I've purchased in the past has been a complete failure (despite the claims of the sellers).

With Amazon's return policy backing me up, I thought why not. I'll try it. And I'll return it if it doesn't live up to it's published claims on the Amazon website.

And here I am today inspired to write this review to tell you that in fact, I just backed up, and updated 2 iPod Touchs (2nd gen), and 2 iPhones (3gs) WITHOUT A SINGLE PROBLEM (both iPhones transferred over 1,200 photos/videos and 8+gb of apps). No data errors, no transfer errors, no problems whatsoever. FYI - I did the backup/transfers on a old Windows XP Dell Laptop, and a home built tower pc with Windows 7.

As a bonus, this cord is extra long. Which is perfect for my use!

Cons:
-The cord and connectors are a little lower quality. Time will tell if these hold up, if they don't, I'll drop my stars and let my fellow shoppers (and Amazon) know. (Lower quality as in the cord material is the stiff, shiny, harder plastic vs the softer Apple rubber cords. The connector (cord ends) seem to be shiny thin/brittle plastic.)

That's it for now! Hopefully this cord will last. I recommend it for now because of the great price, the longer length, and most of all the charging and full data transfer without any errors!

***************************
UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 2012
***************************

My cord has lasted 13 months. 13 months of what I consider maximum abuse. Imagine twice a day, 2 little kids pulling the iPhone back and forth, front seat to back seat, over and over and over and over. Its been crushed on the floor, jammed in the seats, slammed in the doors, chewed on by a puppy; and it finally broke. Where did it break? Where the cord connects to the head of the connecter that plugs into the bottom of your iPhone/iPod/iPad. Its been used every single day to charge either an iPhone(3GS+4S), iPad(v2), or iPod Touch (v2). It's probably the single most used item I use every day, next to my iPhone.

I'm a very pleased, very impressed, and very satisfied customer... and I'm even happier that it's now half the price as when I bought it in the first place.

Thanks RND, whoever you are. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up and never give up on quality.

I'm ordering 2 now...

[Please Vote!]

Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2013 11:46 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3