Profile for 1.4.the.team > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

1.4.the.team RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2
ZyXEL Powerline AV 500 Mbps 4 Port Gigabit Switch Wall-plug Adapter with PLA4205 Powerline AV 500Mbps (PLA4225KIT)
Price: Click here to see our price
34 used & new from $71.47

4.0 out of 5 stars These are almost perfect, ALMOST..., September 20, 2012
I recently installed these in a older 2,500sq ft home. Here's why...

In the 3 years I have lived in this home, I have tried 3 different (latest technology, $100+) Wifi routers. I have NEVER been able to get a good enough signal throughout my house to stream videos over Netflix to my various TV's. I've tried 2 different Roku players, an apple TV, and even a couple laptops. The Wifi signal is just too weak to watch a movie without constant video lock ups or stutters.

After a year of pondering (and not wanting to waste any more money), I convinced myself to just try these with the faith that Amazon would take them back if they didn't. I decided on this brand/model because of the reviews.

How I made them finally work:
The first thing you need to do when you get these is pair them together. Long story short, I could not get mine to see each other until I plugged them into the same outlet (via a 3 outlet extension cord).

Here's how I setup mine:
1) IMPORTANT! The first thing you need to know is these powerline products cannot be plugged into a surge protector or extension cord if you want a strong signal.
2) Plug 1 unit into the wifi router via its network cable. Plug the unit directly into your wall outlet.
3) Plug the second unit into the same wall outlet. No network cable needed in this one yet. Wait for the connection light to go green.
4) Move the second unit into any other outlet in your home (different room perhaps?). Make sure you get a connection light. Plug a laptop or game console into the second unit via its network cable. Test your internet connection.

My first connection speed test:
I took my laptop upstairs (wifi router downstairs). Over wifi I get 12mbps download speed. Plugged into one of these, I get 33mbps download speed. No hiccups. No problems; a perfect full speed internet connection at the farthest distance away from my router in my home. SWEET!

How I am using them now:
I have one unit plugged in near my router (the 1 port unit), the other plugged into the outlet in my TV room. I have my game consoles, roku box, and apple TV connected directly to the second unit with network cables. Everything connects to the internet instantly, and netflix movies now stream super fast in full HD.

What I didn't like:
These units would be WAY easier to use (and more people would adopt them) if there was an app to go with them. An iPhone/Android app that showed you the different modules in your home, the names, and the connection speed to each one. This would help you verify they are working, and help you locate the best outlets with the best signals. Without some kind of user friendly app, its hard to troubleshoot any connection problems; and most novices will give up on the technology.

Expansion:
Powerline adapters are great. You can buy more (the pair or single units) and just plug them in anywhere in your home and BAM! You have high speed internet. I can't wait to get more.

To date, I have not had a single one of these units fail on me. If they ever do, I will update this review, with details.

I am (so far) extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for an easy way to get reliable, fast internet connectivity throughout your home, I HIGHLY recommend these.

I'm a very pleased and very satisfied customer.

Thanks ZyXEL. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up! In the future, I hope you make the interface for these a little easier to use. As an example of good consumer interface, install a Apple Extreme Wifi Router in your home. That's how we consumers like things to work. Simple, Easy, Brainless. It can be done! If you want some more feedback, contact me in the comments.

[Please Vote!]
I hope this review gives you some insight and help with your choice, and a little knowledge from an unbiased owner. If so, please click on "YES" below this review to vote it as helpful. Thanks!

(Thanks for the questions, comments and votes fellow Amazon shoppers... keep them coming too!)
Comment Comments (23) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2014 8:34 AM PDT

Apple AirPort Express Base Station (MC414LL/A)
Apple AirPort Express Base Station (MC414LL/A)
Price: $97.93
61 used & new from $67.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, it's so easy to setup and use; and works PERFECTLY..., September 20, 2012
I own an iPhone and an iPad. I love them both.

First Airplay Experience: Apple TV
My first experience with Apple Airplay technology was through the TV, using the Apple TV appliance. The Apple TV allows you to mirror your entire iPhone or iPad screen wirelessly, ANYWHERE in your home, to ANY TV (that has a apple TV connected to it). It works perfectly every time, without any complicated setup. The kids use Airplay for playing their games on the HDTV, and we use it for beaming TV shows and movies to the HDTV.

Second Airplay Experience: Airport Express
The Airport Express does two great things the Apple TV doesn't.
First: It has a headphone jack on the back that allows you to connect the unit to any home stereo, computer speakers, portable amplified speakers, etc.
Second: It acts like a wifi repeater wherever it plugs in. That means you get a free boost of wifi in your house where there was previously a dead spot.

What I use it for:
I have hidden small 2.1 computer speakers and airport express units throughout my house. 1 set in the master bathroom, 1 set in the living room, 1 set in the dining room, and 1 set in our travel trailer outside. With our setup, you can play iPhone and iPad audio (music, talk radio, etc) throughout our house; easily, and quickly.

Ease of use:
You plug the unit in, go to your wifi settings on your iPhone or iPad, click the button to setup the new airport express, click through a couple prompts and your done. Plug in your speakers, and now you can select those speakers from any iDevice throughout your home.

Wifi Boost:
Scattering Airport Express units throughout my home means I get a full wifi signal wherever I am in the home.

To date, I have not had a single one of these products fail on me. If they ever do, I will update this review, with details.

I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for the ability to have wireless audio in your home, I HIGHLY recommend these.

I'm a very pleased, very impressed, and very satisfied customer.

Thanks Apple. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up!

Tripp Lite HT10DBS Home Theater Isobar Surge Protector 10 Outlet RJ11 RJ45 Coax
Tripp Lite HT10DBS Home Theater Isobar Surge Protector 10 Outlet RJ11 RJ45 Coax
Price: $78.72
61 used & new from $65.49

5.0 out of 5 stars These are VERY high quality. I use them professionally..., September 20, 2012
I install home theater systems for a living.

I purchase these units for use with larger home theater setups (with multiple devices, such as game consoles, video streamers, bluray players, etc). For smaller systems I use the 6 port model (see below).

Here are the reasons I use these units:
1) Quality. I only use high quality products in customer installations. These units exude quality both in specs and looks.
2) Protection. These surge protectors have a surge suppression rating of 3840 Joules. That's a lot of protection; higher then most in-home surge protector bars. This means whatever is plugged into these (such as TV's and computers) will have a better chance of surviving then a lower rated surge bar. It's backed by a $500,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance.
3) Noise Filtration. This is a feature found only higher quality surge protectors. This feature prevents appliances (blenders, refrigerators, fans) from degrading your TV picture and sound quality when in use. It also helps prevent lock-ups and data errors on PCs and other high end components. This is a MUST.
4) Heavy Duty. Yeah, these aren't breaking, ever. Every surface is solid metal, painted black. They weigh about 5 pounds, which makes them feel SOLID.
5) Easy. They plug in and work. No buttons. Plug in, your done.
6) Amount of Ports. 10 power ports. This unit is great if you have a lot of devices plugged into your TV (surround sound receiver, game consoles, video streamers, bluray players, etc)

Note: If you need a smaller surge protector then this 10 port, I recommend the following:
2 outlet (1410 joule): Tripp Lite ULTRABLOK Isobar Surge Protector/Suppressor 2 outlets, Direct Plug In, 1410 Joules
6 outlet (3340 joule): TRIPP LITE AVBAR6 Isobar Metal RJ11 Coax 6 Outlet 6-Feet Cord A/V Surge Protector

I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for a larger, HIGH QUALITY surge protector, I HIGHLY recommend these.

I'm a very pleased, very impressed, and very satisfied customer.

Thanks Tripp Lite. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up!

Price: $39.99
14 used & new from $39.99

I install home theater systems for a living.

I purchase these units for use with flat panel TV's, surround sound systems, computers and anywhere there are electronics installed in a home.

These surge protectors are perfect for my needs:
2) Protection. These surge protectors have a surge suppression rating of 3330 Joules. That's a lot of protection; higher then most in-home surge protector bars. This means whatever is plugged into these (such as TV's and computers) will have a better chance of surviving then a lower rated surge bar. It's backed by a $250,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance.
4) Heavy Duty. Yeah, these aren't breaking, ever. Every surface is solid metal, painted black. They weigh about 4 pounds, which makes them feel SOLID.
5) Easy. They plug in and work. No buttons. Plug in, your done.

Note: If you need a smaller or larger surge protector then this 6 port, I recommend the following:
10 outlet (3840 joule): Tripp Lite HT10DBS Home Theater Isobar Surge Protector 10 Outlet RJ11 RJ45 Coax

I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for an affordable, QUALITY surge protector, I HIGHLY recommend these.

Price: $23.47
59 used & new from $20.01

I install home theater systems for a living.

I purchase these units for cramped locations (such as custom TV cabinets or behind wall mounted TVs).

These surge protectors are perfect for my needs:
1) Compact. A regular surge protector bar will not fit in any of my customers custom TV cabinets. I require a surge protector small enough to fit over an outlet without being bigger then the outlet itself. For example, these fit in the right side of a 2 gang, Combination Cable TV & Power outlet; without blocking the TV cable plug.
2) Quality. I only use high quality products in customer installations. These units exude quality both in specs and looks.
3) Protection. These surge protectors are small, but they have a surge suppression rating of 1410 Joules. That's pretty incredible for such a small unit; higher then most in-home surge protector bars. This means whatever is plugged into these (in my case LED TV's) will have a better chance of surviving then a lower rated surge bar. It's backed by a 10,000 Dollar "Ultimate Lifetime Insurance and Lifetime Product Warranty."
4) Noise Filtration. This is a feature found only higher quality surge protectors. This feature prevents appliances (blenders, refrigerators, fans) from degrading your TV picture and sound quality when in use. It also helps prevent lock-ups and data errors on PCs and other high end components. This is a MUST.
4) Heavy Duty. Yeah, these aren't breaking, ever. Every surface is solid metal, painted black. They weigh about 1 pound, which is lighter then I thought they would be.
5) Doesn't fall out of outlet. Despite their relative bulk and heavier weight, I thought these would just fall out with the slightest tug of an electrical cord. Not so. They fit solid into an outlet, and it's not going to fall out. It has a rubber boot on the back of the unit for extra leverage against the wall.
6) Easy. They plug in and work. No buttons. Plug in, your done.

I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for a small, affordable, QUALITY surge protector, I HIGHLY recommend these.

I'm a very pleased, very impressed, and very satisfied customer.

Note: If you have the space, I recommend the following larger surge protectors:
6 outlet (3330 joule): TRIPP LITE AVBAR6 Isobar Metal RJ11 Coax 6 Outlet 6-Feet Cord A/V Surge Protector

BIOTONE® Dual Purpose Massage Crème 1 Gallon
BIOTONE® Dual Purpose Massage Crème 1 Gallon
Offered by BeautyAnd
Price: $59.99
9 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The Choice of a Professional..., September 20, 2012
My wife has been a Licensed Massage Therapist for over 15 years. She has tried every commercial product on the market for massage creams and oils. This is the only product she still uses after trying them all. She demands the best for herself and her clients, and Biotone Dual-Purpose Massage Creme fits her needs perfectly. She has not found a product that even comes close.

Why she likes it over other massage oils/cremes:
+Fragrance Free - she has several clients that are sensitive to perfumes and essential oils. None of her clients have ever had an allergic reaction to this product.
+Some products are too sticky, too greasy, soak into the skin quickly, or ball up. This creme is very smooth and allows your hands to glide over the skin effortlessly. It maintains its consistency throughout the massage which means she uses less of it.
+This creme is grease-less and does not leave oil stains on the linens. It washes off the skin easily.
+We have never had a problem with the vendor this ships from (The Massage & Spa Source). We always receive the product on time, well packaged, without any problems whatsoever.

What she doesn't like:
+The price. She goes through 1 gallon ever 2 months. It's pricier then other products, but then again other products don't compare to this product. And doing the math, its only costing her $0.25 to $0.50 a massage. When you think of it that way, it's a good price.
+Filling her tubes. She refills her smaller massage cream tubes, and its a complete mess every time. We have not figured out an easier, cleaner way of doing this.

If your a massage therapist, try this product out - its worth the premium if you too demand the best.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2014 3:27 PM PST

iHome IM60GT 3.5mm Aux Portable Speaker (Gray Translucent)
iHome IM60GT 3.5mm Aux Portable Speaker (Gray Translucent)
Price: $19.58
108 used & new from $14.50

1,457 of 1,484 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars H O L Y C R A P ! ! ! This little thing blows me away! (UPDATED), August 17, 2011
Ok, I bought this hoping it would work as a car audio system in an old noisy truck; I'm pleased to say it works perfectly for that! Read on...

So I bought an old truck recently (circa 1984). It's missing a stereo, and I use this truck 5 days a week for work. I don't want to put any money into this truck; but I really miss my tunes. I only use my iPhone for music, but it just doesn't get loud enough to hear over the clatter of an old diesel truck. All I needed was a cheap car amp and speakers for audio (no head unit, I would use my iPhone). Unfortunately, this kind of setup would still cost me a minimum $100 and the time to install. Then I ran across this little gem...

Long story short, this speak gets loud, VERY LOUD! If you crank it up all the way, it just starts to distort, just a little. About 90% volume is perfect in my old noisy truck. I can clearly hear the music, its surprisingly loud, and I can even hear a little bass. On top of that, it charges off my USB car charger (along with my iPhone). It's perfect for me!

Pros:
+Plugs into iPhone (or any other device) with standard 3.5 mm headphone cable (included!)
+Bass design - No exaggerating, this speaker has VERY surprising volume and bass for its size! Really!
+Rechargeable battery - no idea how long this lasts, but it's the best battery available, a lithium ion! I'm surprised they put such an expensive battery in this. Most companies would settle for a cheaper Ni-CD battery.
+Collapsible - it gets even tinier for easy travel/portability. This would be great to pack in a suitcase, backpack, glove box, purse, bike bag, etc.
+Expandable - you can link 2 of these together for simulated stereo - I may just try this.
+Charges with standard USB plug - I charge it off my iPhone car charger while in the car, and my laptop when at home (blows the laptop speakers away too)
+Comes with carrying case and all required cables
+Portable - no permanent setup. I can use it in my truck, at the beach, camping, on a hike, on my bike, in the yard while working, etc!

Cons:
+None found yet. I'll update this review if I do.

In Conclusion...
This speaker is DEFINITELY worth the $20 I paid. In fact, I think I would have been just as satisfied if I paid $30 or even $40 for such an amazing little speaker. I say if your on the fence, TRY IT! Return it if you really don't like it. I can't imagine why you wouldn't be pleased with it. If there is a better speaker at this price point, I would REALLY like to know! I can't imagine it's possible.

***************************
I wrote my original review on this product in August 2011. I've now owned this product for a total of 1 year, 1 month.

I love this little speaker. I no longer have the big loud truck, so I've retired the little speaker to in and around the house and office; and occasionaly outside for yard work. It's a great small speaker to bring with you everywhere to fill a room with plenty of sound; louder then I ever imagined. I can listen to spoken podcasts clearly, or music as loud as is comfortable for my ears while I work on my projects.

It still sounds, operates, and looks as good as the day I received it. I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you are looking for a small, affordable speaker to boost your phone, laptop, iPod, iPad, or whatever; this is definately highly recommend by me.

I'm a very pleased, very impressed, and very satisfied customer.

Thanks iHome. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up and never give up on quality.

[Please Vote!]

Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2014 12:15 PM PST

RND Apple Certified Cable for iPad, iPhone, iPod (6 feet/black)
RND Apple Certified Cable for iPad, iPhone, iPod (6 feet/black)
Offered by RND Power Solutions
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars YES IT WORKS - iPhone 3GS/4S + iPad 2 charging, data transfers, etc... (UPDATED), August 17, 2011
I've been purchasing cords for my apple products for years (original iPods, iPod Touch, iPhones). I've always refused to buy the real Apple cords as I could never force myself to pay $20 for a cord that I could have shipped to my door for less then $2 from China (thanks eBay!).

With that said, I've always paid the price of shopping cheap. I've probably purchased over 30 cheap cords over the years. All of them have failed; literally all of them have fallen apart (cords pull out from connectors, etc). Worst of all? All of them had syncing issues - either I couldn't transfer music to/from my devices without errors, or updates/backups would fail. I always thought syncing issues were my computers fault; until I learned only the official Apple cords will sync correctly without errors. So recently I decided to end the frustration and buy a REAL apple sync cord ($20 once is cheaper then $2 over and over, and you can't put a price on eliminating all the frustration that comes with syncing errors, broken cords, etc).

AND THEN to my utter joy (and hesitation) I found this cord. I didn't want to believe the reviews or the claims, as every non-Apple cord I've purchased in the past has been a complete failure (despite the claims of the sellers).

With Amazon's return policy backing me up, I thought why not. I'll try it. And I'll return it if it doesn't live up to it's published claims on the Amazon website.

And here I am today inspired to write this review to tell you that in fact, I just backed up, and updated 2 iPod Touchs (2nd gen), and 2 iPhones (3gs) WITHOUT A SINGLE PROBLEM (both iPhones transferred over 1,200 photos/videos and 8+gb of apps). No data errors, no transfer errors, no problems whatsoever. FYI - I did the backup/transfers on a old Windows XP Dell Laptop, and a home built tower pc with Windows 7.

As a bonus, this cord is extra long. Which is perfect for my use!

Cons:
-The cord and connectors are a little lower quality. Time will tell if these hold up, if they don't, I'll drop my stars and let my fellow shoppers (and Amazon) know. (Lower quality as in the cord material is the stiff, shiny, harder plastic vs the softer Apple rubber cords. The connector (cord ends) seem to be shiny thin/brittle plastic.)

That's it for now! Hopefully this cord will last. I recommend it for now because of the great price, the longer length, and most of all the charging and full data transfer without any errors!

***************************
***************************

My cord has lasted 13 months. 13 months of what I consider maximum abuse. Imagine twice a day, 2 little kids pulling the iPhone back and forth, front seat to back seat, over and over and over and over. Its been crushed on the floor, jammed in the seats, slammed in the doors, chewed on by a puppy; and it finally broke. Where did it break? Where the cord connects to the head of the connecter that plugs into the bottom of your iPhone/iPod/iPad. Its been used every single day to charge either an iPhone(3GS+4S), iPad(v2), or iPod Touch (v2). It's probably the single most used item I use every day, next to my iPhone.

I'm a very pleased, very impressed, and very satisfied customer... and I'm even happier that it's now half the price as when I bought it in the first place.

Thanks RND, whoever you are. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up and never give up on quality.

I'm ordering 2 now...

[Please Vote!]

Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2013 11:46 AM PDT

Philips Norelco QC5055 Power Hair Clipper
Philips Norelco QC5055 Power Hair Clipper

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, I'm torn on this one. I really want to like it... (UPDATED), January 9, 2011
Let me start out by saying I'm really starting to love Philips Norelco products. I was always a Braun guy but I'm starting to convert, based on amazon reviews and my own recent purchases. As an example, I'm a recent owner and very happy owner of the Philips Norelco BG2040/34 Philips Norelco Bodygroom Pro Grooming System, Black / Silver.

What I like:
With that said, I want to love this product, I really do. It's (for the most part) high quality, its rechargeable, you can clean it under tap water (a must for me), its light-weight, it's a brand I trust. I love that there are no blades to replace (self sharpening), I love that the clipper attachments are built-in/adjustable (no swapping required for me) and I love that it comes apart easily.

My first haircut - too short!
You could call this my fault, or you could call it bad design. Or both. I'm a guy that pretty much shaves his whole head; to keep it simple, and to last longer. I do it myself, because I can and because my wife has better things to do. But I don't like it too short. Which is why I tried to start long and work my way down until I got a feel for these clippers. I started at level 3, grabbed the clippers in the most comfortable position I could manage, and started my haircut. I noticed immediately you can't go too fast with these. They don't have the power of my cheap plug-in clippers, but cost almost twice the price. Which means I had to go a lot slower with these. Perhaps that's just a drawback of cordless? Anyways, my hair was already short, and I was only taking off a little hair; but these things start jamming and pulling my hair as if I was taking kindergarten scissors to a tree branch. So I backed off and took it a lot slower and didn't snag my hair any more. First strike. And then it happened. I felt my head and realized my hair was a lot shorter then normal. And it was. The clippers somehow slipped from position #3 to #1 while I was cutting. And here's why. To adjust the clippers, you push on a small tab on the back and slide the attachment up and down. Its very easy to do. This tab, however, sits exactly where I grip the clippers when I cut my hair. And that's how it happened; I grabbed the clippers, mistakenly pushed the tab, and slid the attachment while cutting my hair. My vote, poor design. The attachments should lock in place and require a twist or something more difficult.

My second haircut - bald spot down the side of my head!
You could also call this my fault, or you could call it bad design. Or both. So I cut my hair a second time today - this time making sure I took it slow enough as to not bog the clippers and snap my hair. And I was careful not adjust the attachment position mid-haircut. But upon approval of my wife of my second haircut, and her laughter, I realized I screwed up. Yep, looked in the mirror, and I have a huge bald spot in the side of my head. BALD. So what happened this time? When I cleaned the attachments after the first haircut, and put them back on the clippers, one side of the attachment didn't fully seat in its guide rail. The attachment was cock-eyed on the clippers, and the flimsiness of the attachments allowed the clipped blades just enough clearance to shave my head clean. Lesson learned - make sure your attachments are seated perfectly on both sides before cutting hair.

What I don't like:
-Not enough power if you like a fast haircut - a little too weak for my taste, much weaker then my cheap plug-in clippers (take it very slow and it works)
-Flimsy attachments (seriously Philips, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, YOU'RE BETTER THEN THIS) - but so far they haven't broke
-Attachments can mistakenly be seated improperly on clippers (I have a new bald spot to prove it)
-Attachments adjust too easily (which means you'll go too short if not careful)

After writing this review, I think I've convinced myself to return these and obtain something better. I hope Amazon will take them back, or I'm stuck with these poor performers. Philips Norelco IS better then this. I imagine these were on the way to a great design but shoved into production prematurely. They really need to go back to the drawing board and perfect the design - they are SO CLOSE! But not close enough for this Amazon shopper.

Take my advice on this one, and look past this product. I'll definitely try another product on Amazon, and I wouldn't hesitate to try another Philips Norelco product.

***************************
I wrote my original review on this product in August 2011. I've now owned this product for a total of 1 year, 8 months.

Another Amazon shopper asked me for an alternative cordless hair clipper that I could recommend to them.

Based on my experience with this product, I replied with the following:
"I don't think I will be purchasing another cordless hair clipper. The batteries don't last long enough, and they just don't have the quality/power of the plug-in variety. Maybe in the future they will be better when lithium batteries become more common and cheaper. For now I'm going to save up for a professional Oster plug-in clipper (probably the OSTER Classic 76) as I'm tired of using cheap clippers, and I've saved so much money by cutting my own hair. Buying a higher end clipper will probably be the last time I have to buy clippers! Thanks for reading and replying to my review! "

Out of respect to Philips Norelco, I do have to admit that (almost 2 years later) I STILL use these clippers (albiet plugged in constantly); and they are still running and cutting my hair. So they haven't failed yet, and they are still saving me money.

With that said, I could definately be MORE satisfied with this product; but overall I'm still using them and have saved more money then these cost me in the first place. So thank you for that Philips Norelco.

I cannot, however, recommend this product to my fellow consumer. It's not even worth having this model on the market. Others will likely be disappointed in this product, and this could ruin Philips reputation.

[Please Vote!]

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2011 1:41 PM PDT

Philips Norelco BG2040/34 BodyGroom 7100
Philips Norelco BG2040/34 BodyGroom 7100
Price: $69.95
13 used & new from $65.79

2,224 of 2,320 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars I'M A BELIEVER! This thing really works - yes, even on that! (UPDATED), January 9, 2011
I'm a guy. A guy that wondered for years how it was done. You know, how a man can have absolutely no hair down there (below the belt, above the knees). Did they use hair remover creams? Did they (gulp) wax? Did they pluck? Did they use electric clippers? Did they use a disposable razor? Electric shaver?

I'm also a guy that has tried his electric beard trimmer/shaver and the flip-up clippers on the back. It never turned out well. It was scary. I knicked myself every time I tried (drawing blood in the process). I liken my attempts to taking outdoor power-shears to tissue paper.

So, if your like me, you have hair you don't want down there. It makes you sweat and smell, and it's just plain ugly. Your skin in this region, however, is extremely soft and extremely thin. You've tried other methods and have given up every time (with fear of doing something horrible).

So imagine my surprise (and skepticism) when I happened upon this product on Amazon. I thought; yeah right, there is no way an electric anything could shave me down there without serious harm, rash, or worse. And then I read all the wonderful reviews on this product by other Amazon customers who came before me (my favorite thing about Amazon). After reading all the positive reviews I convinced myself to just try it; and write an honest review for all the skeptic guys out there (like me) that don't believe there really could be a device that could actually work for them.

My first experience:
I received my product quickly. According to the directions, it needed to be charged first - dang it! Fast forward one day; shaver fully charged. Before my shower, I sat down on my favorite throne (aka 'toilet') in the house (in my birthday suit), said a short prayer, built up my confidence, and gave it a shot. I took it slow at first, convinced it would end in disaster. And then, I couldn't believe my eyes... IT WORKED! Not a knick, not a rash - just smooth hairless skin. In fact, it worked so well, so fast, I couldn't stop myself. Which is why the top half of my thighs are also hairless now. To my surprise, to my bewilderment, this thing really works, and better than I imagined. IT REALLY DOES. The reviews on this product are TRUE! And yes, I shaved it ALL - the bolt, the nuts, the bag they came in. It's all hairless now, and its SMOOTH. Not even stubble left behind. It's as smooth as my face feels right after a good shave; smooth as a baby's bottom. It's an unusual feeling to have no hair down there, and I love it.

After 2 days:
Still hairless, still smooth (unlike my face which has stubble within hours of shaving). Still no rash (another surprise). I've noticed I haven't sweated as much down there, and there is no longer a yucky smell after a day of activity. In fact, it's been 2 days since my last shower, and I still actually feel kinda clean down there. Crazy, I know.

Conclusion:
Guys, don't hesitate any longer on this purchase. JUST BUY IT. If your not satisfied, just return it. But really, EVERY MAN NEEDS THIS, PERIOD. I'm baffled that this thing isn't marketed more to men. More of us need to hear about this device. It should be taught about in school!

Anyways, I am so happy I took a chance on this product. I hope every guy out there gets one of these and has the same experience I have. What more can I say? I'll be confidently recommending this one to all my guy friends, including you guys.

***************************
***************************
I wrote my original review on this product in January 2011. I've now owned these for a total of 1 year, 8 months.

With exception to a shortened battery life (I have to recharge before use), it still operates and looks as good as the day I received it. I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you're looking for a quality, effective pair of "body" clippers; these are definately highly recommend by me.

I'm a very pleased, very impressed, and very satisfied customer.

Thanks Philips Norelco. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up and never give up on quality.

[...]
I hope this review gives you some insight and help with your choice, and a little knowledge from an unbiased owner. [...]

Comment Comments (63) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2014 6:10 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2