Profile for Java the Coffee Cup > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Java the Coffee Cup RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Arm of the Starfish (O'Keefe Family Book 1)
The Arm of the Starfish (O'Keefe Family Book 1)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $7.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Madeleine is always 5 stars!, February 22, 2015
Less than 5 stars would never do for Madeleine. She was so good at writing riveting stories with unforgettable characters. I guess she should actually get 6 stars. Actually, on this particular one, I was a little irritated with the main character. For an intelligent person, Adam seemed too easily confused and manipulated. It became clearer later why a character like Adam was needed and things got better further in. Madeleine made it clear to the reader how inept Adam was. Necessarily so, but still irritation. I still stick with 5 stars, though. An excellent start to a great series. It reminded me of a mixture of Wrinkle in Time with her Austin Family books. You will enjoy.

Origins
Origins
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Wriiten - Very Contrived Plot, December 3, 2014
This review is from: Origins (Kindle Edition)
I finished the book just in order to find out what was happening next. That, at least, was well done. The characters were poorly developed and the plot was so contrived. So many common sayings were thrown in, as if the 15,000 year old alien was the one who invented them. I would never read another book in this series and I would definitely read samples before reading this author's work again. I was sad that it turned out that way, as this could have been a great story.

Fledgling (The Shapeshifter Chronicles Book 1)
Fledgling (The Shapeshifter Chronicles Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Written, Getting Better al the Time, November 16, 2014
At the beginning, I wasn't sure I was going to like this book...but something in it kept me going, wanting to find out more. It seems, at least to me, like the store matured and the writing matured. Looking forward to reading more of the series.

The Fatal Tree (Bright Empires Book 5)
The Fatal Tree (Bright Empires Book 5)
Offered by HarperCollins Christian Publishing
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Series From Beginning to End, November 16, 2014
Stephen left us in a good spot at the end. Of course I would like to know more about Kit and Cassandra and Mina. And for that matter, any manner of more stories that could be told. Like, is there still a Sir Henry and Cosimo from a different dimension traveling ley lines together? The story was well told. The big surprise was Burley's story in the last book. Thank you Stephen for writing such a wonderful tale and stopping when it was time to stop.

Over My Head (Wildlings Book 2)
Over My Head (Wildlings Book 2)
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for next book, June 20, 2014
This has been a great series. It is different from his other books, but the elements are there. Great characters! The book ended on a cliff, so I think I can safely assume that another book is planned.

Fablehaven: The Complete Series
Fablehaven: The Complete Series
Price: $23.49

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Series!!!, June 10, 2014
Extremely well written and designed for the adolescent set, and yet enjoyable at all ages. Glad he stopped after 5 books and yet sorry to have it come to an end. Am starting to reread it, but obviously, the first time was the best. It is interesting reading it over and knowing so much about what is happening. This will be enjoyable to read multiple times. One thing I noted...the first time I read it, I was often on the edge of my seat and reading quickly to find out what is happening next. Now that I am rereading it, I am noting many details I kind of glossed over the first time. A great read and quite a different take on Faerie then I have ever read before.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Book 1)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Unique and Wonderfully Fascinating Story, June 2, 2014
At least on this first book, it is best to have the physical book, as the pictures didn't turn out that well in the Kindle edition. I have both. The second book, Hollow City, is a great sequel! It was such a cool idea to take these old bizarre looking photos and write a story around them. Very creative and affective. Ransom is a great writer. Both of them a great read. Yet another take on the world split between "normal" and magical people. But in this story, they are termed Peculiars. I was impressed with how well this turned out.

Tattoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion
Tattoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion
by Gregory Boyle
Price: $10.25
180 used & new from $5.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't Read it Myself, April 23, 2014
My wife read the book from the library and wanted a copy...from what I have heard, it sounds like a wonderful book.

myPhone Wallet
myPhone Wallet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great color and functionality, April 23, 2014
My wife bought it as a spare...loves the color and functionality. Great that Big Skinny is selling via Amazon. They have great products!

Avery Print-to-the-Edge Postcards, Inkjet, 4 x 6, Matte White, 2/Sheet, 100/Pack
Offered by Buy DMi Inc
Price: $25.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Mysterious Lines, April 23, 2014
These worked very well. The only thing I didn't care for...there are very light parallel lines running through the paper, reminding me somewhat of watermarks. At first, I thought my printer was having issues printing on the heavier stock, but no, I could see the series of parallel lines running through unprinted post cards. They are just harder to see on all white. I don't really know what purpose they serve...some sort of strengthening so the cards won't bend as easily? It didn't really detract from the project I was doing that much, but I wish they were not there. Otherwise, I liked the post cards and how the printing turned out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6