Profile for Christopher > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christopher RSS Feed

Lishy Lou and Lucky Too!
Lishy Lou and Lucky Too!
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Music Has Never Been So Awesome and Fun., October 8, 2013
The family gatherings around the wooden radio stand, listening to the crackle of animated voices spilling out of the speakers, is long gone, but the Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band gives you a touch of what it would be like. Lishy Lou and Lucky Too! is LDFJB's latest album and if you are not familiar or new to listening to Family music, like I am, then this album is a great introduction to music that is catchy and fun for the whole family. This album reminds me of Woody Allen's Radio Days, in the sense that it is filled with charming nostalgia for the Radio shows of yester-year. The album plays out like a Variety show, in-between the songs, with fun, upbeat, colorful characters like, "Time Traveling Tina" and bits about baseball references which is all fun. Alisha Gaddis's comedic timing is spot on and I cannot help but be reminded of Lucille Ball. My daughter loves the tune "Thingamajig" and I must say I do too. "8000 Feet" brings a tear to this Daddy's eye. It is a song about Amelia Earhart and the beautiful sound of Lucky Diaz's voice gently strums each cord of your soul. I imagine it would be inspiring for any young girl to listen to. So if you are looking for a Family Band to check out, that everyone can enjoy, give this a play.

ASICS Men's GEL-1170 Running Shoe
ASICS Men's GEL-1170 Running Shoe
Price: $79.95 - $95.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Running to the Top!, January 2, 2012
I have bought other brands of running shoes prior to purchasing these Asics Gel-1170 and have been content, but I have wide feet and it was hard to find shoes that just felt perfect. I began training for boxing competition and would be running a lot more, 4 day a week at 4-6 miles each run. So I needed a dependable, comfortable and durable running shoe. After considering the Ghost 4 (too expensive) and the Adidas Sonic 2 (not enough cushion, although they were next pick). My first run with the 1170's felt like I had pillows on my feet. The gel support is amazing. They also are duomax which means they give arch support for people with flatter feet. I must admit that I wear these when I am not running sometimes just because they are so comfortable. I love the color scheme and the net exterior looks cool. I really have no complaints or criticism about this shoe. Glad I finally found a perfect shoe for my gremlin feet :)

The Punisher [Blu-ray]
The Punisher [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Thomas Jane
Price: $6.96
131 used & new from $2.54

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not the quality of the movie, but the blu-ray, June 21, 2010
This review is from: The Punisher [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I am a fan of "The Punisher" and this is my favorite in the three versions that have been done. But I am not going to write a review on the movie, but on this Blu-Ray. First and foremost; there are no special features on here....? WTF? It is blu-ray and your not going to add some special features? Every time you load the disc it displays this set-up of how to navigate the settings. Skipping through that and on to the next. I don't believe that they perfected the quality (or the transfer) at this point, because some of the scenes are way too grainy. In fact when I first saw blu-ray, a lot of the movies looked like this and I was turned off, because I didn't think it looked good. Now Sin City is a great example of how great a blu-ray can look and there are a ton of special features. If you own the extended cut of "The Punisher"on DVD don't bother buying this one.