Profile for Zazu > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Zazu RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
5106-BK-L-33 Body-skimming, straight-leg yoga pant (Large, Black)
5106-BK-L-33 Body-skimming, straight-leg yoga pant (Large, Black)
Offered by Fit Couture
Price: $59.00

2.0 out of 5 stars They said Large but they were Medium, April 5, 2014
This review is from: Straight Leg Yoga Pant (Apparel)
They said Large but they were Medium, so a pretty small Large. I will be returning them. They seemed well made but I cannot tell as I have not worn them and washed them.

Here Be Monsters
Here Be Monsters
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Best Airport Find, March 8, 2014
This review is from: Here Be Monsters (Kindle Edition)
You know how you end up in the airport with your flight delayed and you've already read all the books and magazines you had with you? In the days BK (before Kindle), I would go browse the airport bookstore if there was one. Usually, all the books are the top 100th of 1% of those available, but every now and then the store buyer picks up something interesting. On this day, quite some time ago now, I was in Dulles airport and stumbled across Anthony Price's THE LABYRINTH MAKERS (still unavailable in electronic version). I was delighted: a new author.

HERE BE MONTSTERS is the 15th book in Price's Colonel Butler/Dr. David Audley spy thrillers series. The cast of characters is memorable and enjoyable, the plots are engaging and tightly written and the prose effortless and compelling. These are character-driven plots set in a secret spy agency, most reminiscent of MI5. Each book contains not only the contemporary mystery but an historical one.

I thoroughly enjoyed all 19 of Mr. Price's books; I have re-read them more than once. I know you will enjoy them too.

Check out the review by Jo Walton in the External Links section of Anthony Price's Wikipedia entry.

Core Skills Reading Comprehension Grade 4
Core Skills Reading Comprehension Grade 4
by STECK-VAUGHN
Price: $8.99
42 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great exercises for reading comprehension, August 22, 2013
I tutor and mentor elementary students in language arts. One of the primary skill areas that can make or break a student's learning ability is reading comprehension, so I stress that in my work with them. (What is the MAIN idea of the story? Not the first idea or the last idea but on what did they spend the most time in the story?)

This book of reading comprehension exercises has proven to be a useful tool for me. It has passages that will interest a child followed by a series of questions about the material and a number of associated lessons (such as proper v. common nouns, etc.) The passages are not onerous and the questions are good. As always, some of the answers are debatable, but that is something children need to learn as well as 'right' answers.

I plan to look for the next level as my clients progress.

Good choice!

Hario VDG-02R V60 02 Glass Coffee Dripper, Red
Hario VDG-02R V60 02 Glass Coffee Dripper, Red
Offered by HAPPY SALES
Price: $20.90
64 used & new from $16.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Brewing single serving coffee?, August 22, 2013
Single serving coffee brewing seems to be the preferred way to go these days. But, rather than filling the land fills with little plastic cups, consider brewing your coffee using the Hario Coffee Dripper. The result is even better.

I knew I wanted to start grinding and brewing my coffee by single cups after watching Coffee Prince (a.k.a. First Shop of the Coffee Prince) and I was not looking for little plastic cups for that. I wanted to brew like a barista! I researched good single cup coffee drippers on-line and chose the Hario. It works wonderfully. The plastic base fits firmly over my mugs with no wobble. (I have one enormous mug that tests the limit, but the filter can still rest firmly.) I can recommend this item.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2014 2:44 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Aspirin can save lives, August 22, 2013
Aspirin has been proven to aid in the treatment of heart attacks and most strokes, but only if taken promptly. Current advice is that if you might be having a heart attack (know the symptoms), CALL 911 and chew an aspirin. This powdered aspirin product allows you to swallow your aspirin immediately. The effects are almost immediate as aspirin is absorbed into the bloodstream where it works to reduce clots. (People who have difficulty swallowing pills may well like the convenience of these packets.) I keep a couple of packets in my purse and a couple of packets by my bed.

Each packet contains the equivalent of a regular strength aspirin tablet: 325mg Aspirin. In addition, the inactive ingredients for preservation and flavoring are: acesulfame potassium, citric acid, flavor, glucose and sucralose. Notice there is NO caffeine. All the usual Aspirin (NSAID) warnings are here: Reye's syndrome, stomach upset and allergic reactions.

[...]

SodaStream Natural Ginger Ale Syrup, 750mL
SodaStream Natural Ginger Ale Syrup, 750mL
4 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural soda the responsible way, July 13, 2013
Sodastream rocks! I have reduced my waste AND I am assured the quality control I want over the soda I drink. I am a big fan of the Natural Gingerale. It's not quite the same as Canada Dry or Schweppes, but it has a pleasant taste and no funky additives. Enjoy!

EyePromise Restore Supplement - Complete Macular Health Formula with Zeaxanthin & Lutein for Ocular Nutrition
Offered by EyePromise Eye Vitamins
Price: $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Success! and a whole-hearted recommendation, June 18, 2013
I just was tested after 2 years of using EyePromise Restore and found the membrane degradation had not only been halted but had reversed itself so that the membrane is back to normal. (I didn't have the black hole two years ago, just a thinning membrane.) Yippee!!! I used this product PLUS daily supplements of Omegas 3-6-9 PLUS increasing my dark leafy green vegetables and carrots. There are not too many things that you can do that reverse damage; I am very happy and will continue to use the supplement.

City Hunter
City Hunter
DVD ~ Lee Min Ho
Offered by Asian Mall
Price: $119.95
9 used & new from $99.90

5.0 out of 5 stars New to k-dramas? Here's a nice start, February 12, 2013
This review is from: City Hunter (DVD)
City Hunter is an unusual and captivating story. After being abandoned by the government while on a secret mission, Lee Jin Pyo (Kim Sang Joong)abducts his best friend's new born, Lee Yoon Sung (Lee Min Ho), and raises him to be a tool for his vengeance. Fast forward through his formative years in the Golden Triangle in his foster dad's drug empire, Yoon Sung goes to school at MIT, creates a new identity and returns to Korea at 28. Jin Pyo's vengeance is fierce and unforgiving, though, and becomes too brutal for Yoon Sung, who would rather expose the few betrayers. The story expands to include Yoon Sung's friendship with Bae Shik Joon (a kind and funny soul as played by Kim Sang Ho) and his romantic interest in Kim Na Na (Park Min Young.) Lee Yoon Sung becomes the secret City Hunter, pursued by the Seoul prosecutor's office in the persona of Kim Young Jo (Lee Joon Hyuk), the son of one of Yoon Sung's targets. What will happen? Will Yoon Sung be discovered? Will he and Kim Na Na ever get together? Will his foster father ever tell him the truth? Will he be able to live the 'normal' life of a regular guy? Action and romance abound. I think you will enjoy it.

City Hunter was only my second k-drama. I started with a recommendation of Hulu+: Faith: The Great Doctor ([...].) I was blown away. I love the fact that generally the shows are only 16-25 episodes long. In other words, long enough to develop the characters and the story without sacrificing the present entertainment for the future of a possible extension. The format is just different enough from standard American TV fare but different enough to keep you enjoying a good story, good writing and good acting. The subtitles are generally pretty good; every now and then you might see nonsense as with any translation.

(Once you realize that Lee Minho is a model as well as an actor and that Koreans seem to appreciate beautiful clothes on their beautiful people, you can understand his wardrobe. Besides, he was filthy rich in the show.)

The Black Ice (A Harry Bosch Novel Book 2)
The Black Ice (A Harry Bosch Novel Book 2)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Connelly confirms his talent, September 25, 2011
The Black Ice, Harry Bosch's second case, confirms Michael Connelly as inheritor of the mantle of the Noir genre of mystery/police procedurals from Chandler and Hammett...not that Harry is ever tied to procedures. (For those of you who have not read any Connelly...his books are always self-contained. You do not need to read one to understand the others.) Harry is a lone wolf police detective always bucking the brass in his desire to solve the case. I won't even give the plot away. I'll just tell you that you can't go wrong by taking the time to read this work. BTW, I'm re-reading the series in order just to savor Connelly's writing.
Thanks Michael for all of the wonderful stories!

Montezuma Strip
Montezuma Strip
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mix some mystery with your sci-fi, July 19, 2011
This review is from: Montezuma Strip (Kindle Edition)
and add a little Southwestern flavor. Try it; you'll like it. Montezuma Strip is one book of Foster's I've re-read more than once as I enjoy the way he mixes the genres. A notable entry into his very large body of work. Well written. engaging and suspenseful. *****

Page: 1 | 2