Profile for John T. Earl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John T. Earl "John Earl" RSS Feed (Tuscaloosa, AL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Red Oaks [HD]
Red Oaks [HD]
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Tennis Is Funny!, December 23, 2014
It's a pretty funny sitcom where the protagonist is a guileless young man surrounded by jaded characters.

This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate
This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changes everything, November 17, 2014
Naomi Klein ties up all the threads in her book. She, for example, explains how free trade deals have fueled global warming by, among other things, making it impossible for countries to give incentives to alternate energy industries.

Transparent [HD]
Transparent [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformational Series, October 15, 2014
This is the most sympathetic depiction of the trans-gendered I've encountered. I had a now deceased friend who lived in Northport, Alabama, who decided that he would let the woman inside him come out. I accepted "him" as a "her" because of the long friendship we'd had. I remember a gathering at her house in Bellwood of transgendered people where a former Navy pilot, who'd been a test pilot, said that she used to frequently fight in bars until she realized that she needed to accept her womanhood. Transgendered people are among the most misunderstood citizens of this country. I wish that my friend were still around to enjoy this series.

Birds Without Wings
Birds Without Wings
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a fascinating read, with a perspective that ..., July 25, 2014
This was a fascinating read, with a perspective that I've never seen. It has a view on the tragedy of war and slices of life taken from a multitude of viewpoints that are skillfully interlaced.

4 Piece Nivea Men Sensitive Traveler Gift Set, Limited Edition
4 Piece Nivea Men Sensitive Traveler Gift Set, Limited Edition

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, July 14, 2014
It contained regular sized products, which made it unsuitable for air travel in terms of weight and size.

UTZ - Pub Mix A Savory Blend of crunchy Snacks, 36oz Tub
UTZ - Pub Mix A Savory Blend of crunchy Snacks, 36oz Tub
Offered by Daily Market
Price: $19.09
11 used & new from $10.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Snack, May 16, 2014
I first encountered UTZ Pub mix at a bar. I ordered some for myself and my brother because there's no better snack food out there.

Casio Men's MQ24-1E Black Resin Watch
Casio Men's MQ24-1E Black Resin Watch
Price: $13.98
16 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy watch, May 16, 2014
If you don't need a Rolex to prove you're a man this is a great watch, simply a light accurate time piece that can be worn with any attire.

Lidia's Commonsense Italian Cooking: 150 Delicious and Simple Recipes Anyone Can Master
by Lidia Bastianich
Price: $25.00
89 used & new from $16.46

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel like an Italian chef now because of Lidia's book!, May 1, 2014
I really like the selection of easy to follow vegetarian recipes. I've always enjoyed Lidia's television series. This is the first Lydia book that I've ever bought. It's the right one for me!

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV
Price: $84.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like Gary Busey Said!, May 1, 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
This is the easiest device for finding what I'd like to see that I've used. Just talk to it, like Gary Busey said. The HD picture quality is great too.

The Professor Vintage Style Reading Glasses, 2.00, Tortoise
The Professor Vintage Style Reading Glasses, 2.00, Tortoise
Offered by NEWPORT BLVD (100% Perfect Feedback - U.S.A seller)
Price: $15.20
2 used & new from $15.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Specs, May 1, 2014
I'm not a professor but I must be pretty smart to have bought a pair of these great reading glasses!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4