Profile for Craig Cable > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Craig Cable "Bronco Fan" RSS Feed (Colorado)

Why Nobody Wants to Go to Church Anymore: And How 4 Acts of Love Will Make Your Church Irresistible
by Thom Schultz
Price: $11.24
64 used & new from $9.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you for having the courage to write this book!, October 1, 2013
This book was written for all of us who love the Lord, have concerns about the health of our local church, and are passionate about helping people experience the love of Jesus Christ. I found each chapter to be engaging, thought-provoking, honest, and wonderfully refreshing. While you may not agree with everything the authors have to say, you'll surely appreciate the courage it took to say it. I challenge you to read this book and be an agent of change by unleashing these 4 Acts of Love into every aspect of your life. "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." John 13:35

Hope Lives: A Journey of Restoration
Hope Lives: A Journey of Restoration
by Amber Van Schooneveld
Price: $13.07
154 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars WARNING! You'll never be the same., April 1, 2008
I have some confessions to make.

First off, I'm one of those millions of Christians living in America who donate time and money out of guilt and obligation. I have found peace of mind knowing that when I wrote a check, I could cross that off my list of "Christian things to do." Kind of a, "Whew! I'm glad that's taken care of" sort of attitude.

My next confession is that I'm absolutely paralyzed by the sheer enormity of the needs that exist in the world. I would often think to myself that I SHOULD do something more and would often talk about doing something more but was filled with self-doubt thinking, "what difference is it going to make anyway? I mean really, how is my pittance of a donation going to end poverty or cure aids or feed the World's hungry?"

Here's my last confession. I've held the opinion that I also struggle financially and my family's needs come first before anyone else gets a slice of my financial pie. Afterall, I've worked hard for what I have and I'm not about to put myself in dire straights because someone else didn't put in the same effort.

OK. Now that I've come clean, I have to admit that reading Hope Lives has changed my life and I don't make this statement lightly.

What this book has done for me is open my eyes and revealed to me what God has asked me to do; not from a position of guilt but rather from an expression of love and grace. Truth be told, I'm blessed. I mean truly blessed. Blessed that I live in America, blessed that I have the opportunities that I have and blessed that I've been given the God-honoring privilege to serve him. Through this book, my eyes were opened to the causes of poverty and I can honestly say that my heart has been changed and I'll never quite be the same.

In short, Hope Lives helped me recognize that God is on the move and he's weaving an amazing fabric that I play a small role in helping to weave. He isn't asking me to do EVERYTHING but he has put me in a time and place and has given the means to do SOMETHING. What I do with this opportunity is ultimately up to me.

The cover of Hope Lives refers to a "Journey of Restoration." I assumed "restoration" meant that the poor would be restored to self-sufficiency. What I didn't realize was that I was being restored and the greatest transformation was occuring within me.

I pray that this book does the same for you.

Quiet Strength: Men's Bible Study
Quiet Strength: Men's Bible Study
by Tony Dungy
Price: $9.99
91 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!!!! A men's Bible study MEN will actually do!!!!, July 27, 2007
I have to be completely honest, I've never been much of a guy for Bible studies. Sure the Friday morning breakfast at Perkins and the social aspect was fairly good, but the discussions never really felt relevant to me. That's until now!

This Bible study not only draws from the wisdom of a well-respected Christian and coach, Tony Dungy, but it speaks to the questions that I grapple with as a male in today's society. All the while weaving in interesting football trivia and sports analogies as well as "guy-specific" activities.

Guys, I have to say this is one Bible study you're going to want to do.