Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Kevin L. Nenstiel > Reviews

Browse

Kevin L. Nenstiel's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1716
Top Reviewer Ranking: 662

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin L. Nenstiel "omnivore" RSS Feed (Kearney, Nebraska)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Scarcity Marketing Campaigns (Article): Your Guide to Building Scarcity Social Media and Email Marketing Campaigns
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, If Awkwardly Short, Article, May 28, 2016
This essay attempts to create a replicable model of a marketing campaign based on the illusion of scarcity. This may mean "Limited Time Only," or "Supplies Are Limited," or just "Act Now Before Prices Rise." It makes a persuasive case why such a business model works, and even q decent model of how to create such a campaign... within limits.

The article--and that's what it is, adapted from a blog entry and as brief as a trade magazine article-- aims to both persuade and inform. Which it does pretty well. It describes how the author, a marketing consultant, has designed scarcity marketing for paying clients in the past, with keys for reproducing it in your own business.

If you remember your high school economics class, you remember how the supply/demand arc works . Something desirable, but rare, is worth more than a comparable common product. Author Mooar makes the point that you can hit the sweet spot on that arc by judiciously releasing early product at a discount, or even just limiting the production run.

Mooar's explanation is slightly limited by reliance on MBA buzzwords. Terms like A/B Testing, Conversion Rates, and CTAs, probably make more sense to seasoned business professionals. Also to those who have access to pricy analytic software. A struggling blogger hoping for a breakthrough (let's just say) will have to Google terms, and devise work-arounds.

But within these limits, Mooar's guidelines are both informative and useful. Tested by experience, not just theory, they're portable across platforms (email, social media, etc.). And Mooar's writing, though marred by typos, is eminently readable. Consider this brief essay to expand your professional marketing options.

The author made a free download of this essay available at his own expense, in exchange for an honest review. As always, all opinions expressed are strictly my own.

Unemployable!
Unemployable!
by David Thomas Roberts
Price: $16.57
31 used & new from $10.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The Plural of “Anecdote” Is Not “Data”, May 25, 2016
This review is from: Unemployable! (Paperback)
Near the beginning of this book, Texas entrepreneur David Thomas Roberts includes this spurious rhetorical question:

What is the Gig Economy?
Essentially, it’s the proliferation of a new generation of Micro Businesses.

No. The Gig Economy describes economic transactions based on short-term or one-off engagements with independent contractors. Über drivers and AirBnB hosts are the most visible examples. Some people enjoy the relative independence such jobs provide, but critics deride how gig economics shifts overhead costs onto workers, while profits drift upward to service aggregators. As in other parts of life, truth probably resides somewhere between the extremes.

This symbolizes my problem with Roberts’ business guidebook. When he discusses broad entrepreneurial theory, I keep thinking he knows his business (pun intended). But whenever he gets down to brass tacks, he shows himself elementally misinformed, blinded by hindsight bias, confused between anecdote and fact, or flat damn wrong. His words became difficult to read without lapsing into outright anger, because he never realizes his own inherited preconceptions.

Like, for instance, his claim that people are poor because they choose poverty. Because they’d rather work for somebody else than go guerilla; because they’d rather finance a car than have money; because they’re “financially illiterate.” Maybe some actively choose this. But he’s describing the situation of poor people everywhere, who need money first, live further from their jobs, and have fewer opportunities to learn fiscal skills.

Or Roberts’ claim that “most young Americans believe they deserve the same lifestyles that may have taken their parents twenty or thirty years to achieve.” They said the same about my generation. But in 1992, it took a new, white, male entrant into the workplace seventeen years to achieve the level of financial independence workers achieved in four years in 1972, because of weakened labor laws, stagnant wages, and the end of post-war exuberance. It probably takes longer now.

Or his claim that college education is riddled with “leftist propaganda” that churns out “little Communists.” Roberts is right that MBA programs produce good corporate suits, not entrepreneurs; aspiring start-up operators should probably study math anyway. But Roberts’ understanding of educational culture hasn’t advanced since 1977. As rhetorician Gerald Graff reports, English was once the go-to major of future independent businessmen.

It’s very difficult to stick with Roberts, because he mistakes subjective impressions for objective facts. Besides the above examples, he also disparages his stepfather for toiling in a corporate superstructure for trivial rewards. But I’d bet my paycheck, if we unpacked Roberts’ financial history, we’d find his stepfather’s labors gave Roberts enough financial footing to venture out fearlessly. Like Donald Trump, few “self-made men” grew up really, really hungry.

Even his claim that entrepreneurial failure is a mere launchpad toward future success bespeaks well-connected urban preconceptions. (Roberts’ professional life has centered on Houston, where simply being white confers certain advantages.) Business failures are badges of honor in Manhattan, East Texas, and Silicon Valley. Not so much for poor people. When farmers, inner-city storefront operators, and rural dwellers experience business failure, it’s usually permanent. That’s where WalMart greeters come from.

Roberts situates this book as an entrepreneurial how-to. But chapter after chapter, he writes an autobiography. Finally, I realized: he thinks his success is portable, and we should simply imitate him. But the old saying goes, the plural of anecdote is not data. There’s no longitudinal analysis of business trends, or comparisons between successes and similar failures, or even any understanding how America’s economy has changed since Roberts was twenty-one.

Evidence suggests Roberts doesn’t even understand his own situation. Early on, he claims: “For years now, my wife and I have been in the top 1/10th of 1 percent of incomes in America. We have reached a seven-figure net worth.” Except, according to Bloomberg, reaching the top point-one percent requires a minimum net worth around $20 million—eight figures. Like many Americans, Roberts believes himself richer than he actually is.

Sociologist Duncan J. Watts of Microsoft Research describes what he calls “creeping determinism”: the tendency to assume what happened was inevitable, because it happened. That’s my problem with Roberts, and business books like his. He presents his career as a progress from success to success; even failures are successes in fetal form. It’s not analysis, and therefore not useful to aspiring entrepreneurs like me.

I’ve given warm reviews to business books on this website before. But the longer I review, the harder that becomes. I’ve grown aware of the problem with business books, that they avoid analyzing their own accumulated preconceptions.

The publishers offered me a review copy of this book, at their own expense, in exchange for an honest review. As always, all opinions stated are strictly my own.

Getting to Green: Saving Nature: A Bipartisan Solution
Getting to Green: Saving Nature: A Bipartisan Solution
by Frederic C. Rich
Price: $18.36
75 used & new from $7.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Can the Environmental Debate Be Saved?, May 14, 2016
Environmental protection once enjoyed broad bipartisan support. Republicans like Teddy Roosevelt were ardent naturalists, preserving natural domains for hunting, camping, and general aesthetic pleasure. Richard Nixon and Congressional Democrats, offended by flaming rivers and chewy air, collaborated to pass sweeping environmental protection laws. Amid partisan rancor, environmentalism offered rare bipartisan goodwill. But America has passed no meaningful environmental laws since 1990. What changed?

Frederic C. Rich, Manhattan corporate attorney and sometime Green activist, calls the partisan split The Great Estrangement. He traces the history of how American conservatives, once nature-friendly and conservationist, became ardently anti-environmentalist, and the debate devolved into Left versus More-Left. He also postulates (awkwardly late) a solution to return conservatives to the discussion, opening the possibility of reversing a quarter-century stalemate. I just wish he weren’t demonstrably wrong.

Rich describes how tubthumping media spokespeople like Glenn Beck and Newt Gingrich turned movement conservatism against environmental issues. The outcome baffles him: “It is not entirely clear,” Rich writes, “why these efforts succeeded in arousing in so many conservatives an active antipathy toward Greens.” But to us dedicated news-followers, it is clear: anti-environmentalism was part of a massive slate by which hyperpartisan leaders screened out “Republicans In Name Only.”

Like Rich, I’m a discouraged former Republican. I witnessed the Great Estrangement from both sides and finally concluded that the Global Warming evidence, though incomplete, was more complete than evidence that vaccines prevent disease, or that smoking causes cancer. The evidence maybe wasn’t airtight, but it was robust enough to justify action. My right-wing former fellows answered that charge by moving the goalposts, forcing me to abandon them.

This makes Rich’s sudden shifts onto excoriating environmentalists feel weird. He aggressively chastises environmentalists for harboring pinkos and partisans. The counterproductive environmental rabble-rousers he cites lack Glenn Beck’s media reach, or Newt Gingrich’s political might, but Rich believes that, if such people exist at all, they’re undermining the Green cause. Without stating it outright, Rich essentially demands environmentalists punish heretics and dissidents as avidly as movement conservatives have.

Statements that organized environmentalism has become “too leftist” make little sense, coming directly after describing how movement conservatives made anti-environmentalism a shibboleth of membership. If liberals kicked conservatives out of Greenpeace, that’d be one thing. But movement conservatives don’t believe the debate exists. Republicans have thrown their lot in with Young Earthers and seven-day creationists, yielding the Nixonian middle ground altogether. That’s not leftists’ fault.

Environmentalist circles remain fraught with debate. What needs fixing, and how? What constitutes reliable yardsticks for environmental health? If right-wing answers aren’t forthcoming, it isn’t because solutions are prescriptively partisan. We can’t say only one side dominates the debate, when the other side has walked away. If the Chiefs quit a half-finished game against the Broncos, we wouldn't say the game became “too Denver,” we’d say Kansas City forfeited.

Rich crossed my line when he pilloried Naomi Klein’s book This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate both broadly and incorrectly. Rich misrepresents Klein’s thesis so completely, I must conclude he never read beyond the title. I’m less familiar with Rich’s other cited sources, especially conservative sources post-2004 (when I left the movement), but if he’s warped one source, he’s probably skewed others. That includes sources I’d otherwise disagree with.

If I cannot trust Rich’s history, I have difficulty stomaching his future remedies—which he starts so late, I admit my mind had already wandered. His history, riddled with factual inaccuracies, hindsight bias, and “he-said-she-said” quibbles, doesn’t lend itself to reliable predictions. This book reeks of what sociologist Duncan J. Watts calls “creeping determinism.” I wanted to like Rich’s ideas; but sadly, early chapters write checks later chapters can’t cash.

Historians sometimes describe a certain kind of specious historiography, “Whig History,” where amateurs describe history as a progress toward liberal democracy, knowledge, and goodness. I’ll postulate an opposite, “Tory History,” which describes history as a decline from some putative peak of greatness, usually just before the historian got that first workaday job. Rich situates the pinnacle of environmental bipartisanship just before his adolescence. Everything afterward is a steady downhill slide.

Because book publishing has long lead times, Rich couldn’t have known this title would appear just as Donald Trump clinched the Republican presidential nomination. However, that makes this book entirely timely. Not only in Rich’s mostly unfulfilled premises, either; it’s timely to remind Americans that appeasing a factually wrong opponent makes you factually wrong, too. We need bipartisan solutions to nonpartisan problems. But not at the cost of objective reality.

Pictek Portable Dehumidifier, Rechargeable Mini Dehumidifiers Moisture Absorber Dryer for Crawl Space, Camera Cases, Gun Safe, Closet and Cupboard
3 used & new from $21.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Notice It's Called a Moisture "Absorber", May 12, 2016
If you read into this dehumidifier's product description, you see it's secondarily described as a moisture ABSORBER. You may wonder what that means. It means this isn't an electrostatic dehumidifier that actively removes moisture from the air. Rather, it's filled with desiccant crystals, the same stuff that, when you buy a new piece of electronics, comes in the packet marked "Do Not Eat This."

Like that little packet, this stuff doesn't actively dry the air, it passively absorbs ambient moisture, trapping it within the crystals. Unlike that packet, this dehumidifier can be reused. When it says "Rechargeable" in the description, this means you can plug it in, and a heat element re-evaporates the previously absorbed water, drying the crystals enough to absorb water again. Obviously, don't dry the crystals in the same room you just dehumidified.

This means that, if you want a dehumidifier that will get dampness from a space you won't revisit often, like your sub-floor crawl space, this won't work. It needs dried out fairly often. And I don't recommend this dehumidifier for very wet spaces, like if you're hang-drying laundry in your bathroom. It simply doesn't have the absorbent capability for that. This device is intended for moderately humid spaces where you can replenish its drying capacity pretty frequently.

I keep mine next to my bed, where, on muggy prairie evenings, it makes the air just dry enough to make sleeping more comfy, but not so dry that it feels parched. It keeps my sleeping space livable and pleasant. Then during the day, I plug it in to "recharge"—that is, dry out—in the bathroom, where I have a regular electrostatic dehumidifier running regularly. That makes the moisture go away in a form that I can use it productively, like watering my plants.

So I have mixed opinions. Calling it a "dehumidifier" is somewhat misleading, since it doesn't really dry out wet air. It doesn't belong in the places you put a normal "dehumidifier." But if you're looking for something that will reduce heavy, wet air to a livable quality, without using up bunches of unnecessary electricity, maybe consider this. It controls humidity without needless noise and bother, and its low profile makes it fit most spaces nicely.

The manufacturer provided me a sample of this product, at their own expense, in exchange for an honest review. As always, all opinions are strictly my own.

Marrywindix 5pcs Stainless Steel Spatula Palette Knife Painting Mixing Scraper Set Pack of 5
Offered by Marrywindix
Price: $8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplifying My Hobby Art, May 11, 2016
As a hobby painter (not a very good one), I've never previously owned a palette knife. I just kept using a putty knife, the way my beginning oil painting teacher taught me. It's good enough for a few crude strokes, and for cleaning gunk off my palette, but not for creating art. So when the manufacturer offered me these knives, at their own expense, in exchange for an honest review, I figured I'd give them a try.

And I'm glad I did. The differing sizes and shapes open up a range of opportunities for applying paint to the canvas, shaping colors once they're applied, and mixing paints on the palette. These five knives range from fairly long (a couple of inches) to only slightly longer than my thumbnail, letting me apply and shape as much color as I want. And they're flexible enough to scoop up plenty of paint without cracking under the weight.

I wish I had the technical vocabulary to explain how much these knives simplify the painting process. Rather than trying to pick paint up with the brush and dab it onto the canvas, they let me scoop up fairly generous amounts and lump them on, using the brush just to spread the color. This is a godsend for painting very large surfaces, or for places where I need to make two different colors meld and travel across the painting surface.

With these knives, I'm able to transform a blank canvas into a color field in less than half the time it previously took me. I still use my brushes to create the final image and its texture, but the simple ability to just lay down color quickly, rather than dab it on daintily, shaves much of the frustration from the painting process. These knives don't do the painting for me. But they make the painting process so much less tedious.

Sfoothome Grip Strengthener , Hand Exerciser for Increasing Hand Wrist Forearm and Finger Strength , Adjustable Resistance Range 22 to 88 Lbs (10-40 Kg) (Yellow)
Offered by toodhome
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Addition For Part-Time Exerciser, May 11, 2016
I particularly like this product's simple use and small size. It helps me do something productive during times that would otherwise be physically passive: I can exercise while watching TV, turning a common slothful activity into something active. I can read a book with one hand while exercising the other. (I particularly like to do this while standing up, and if the weather permits, outside. It just feels good.) I can even do simple hand/arm exercises while cooking dinner or vacuuming the floor.

This exerciser has adjustable tension, so with a twist of the end, it goes from being as light and easy as picking a medium-sized book off a shelf, to as strenuous as lifting fairly large dumbbells. This allows me to customize my exercise regimen, since I have plenty of energy to spare on a Saturday morning, but after a long workday, I often want just enough exercise to keep from falling asleep. This machine lets me adjust my workout to the level I'm capable of sustaining at any given time.

I have noticed one weakness: as I use it for a while, tiny plastic flakes accumulate in the hinge joint. Clearly regular use erodes the structure, causing pieces to flake off. Eventually, I imagine this device will grind itself down thoroughly enough that it will break when I give it a good hard squeeze. However, that still seems to be a long way off, and I've gotten more than enough use out of it to justify this price. I expect to continue using this for a good while yet, and to feel the healthy burn long after it's gone.

The manufacturer provided me a review sample of this product, at their own expense, in exchange for an honest review. As always, all opinions stated are strictly my own.

The Loney
The Loney
by Andrew Michael Hurley
Price: $16.77
69 used & new from $10.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Death in a Lifeless Place, May 9, 2016
This review is from: The Loney (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The receding tide at the Loney, a desolate stretch of beach along Morecambe Bay in Lancashire, England, reveals the gruesome remains of a murdered child. A nameless London recluse recognizes the place, and the body, from his boyhood, when his aggressively devout Catholic mother made annual pilgrimages to a nearby holy well. Our narrator, Smith, has buried his secrets for forty years, but knows everything will spill now. So he has to control the narrative.

Andrew Michael Hurley’s first novel, published in Britain in 2014 and making its global debut, comes with a laudatory cover blurb from Stephen King. No wonder, since it’s essentially a Stephen King novel: superficially a horror thriller, it actually encompasses the consequences when childhood traumas rear their ugly heads in adulthood. It also addresses misplaced beliefs and human inability to comprehend the world objectively, common King themes. It’s a King novel with a Limey accent.

Throughout his life, Smith has been his older brother’s caretaker. The brother’s named Andrew (coincidence? I think not), but everyone calls him Hanny. Mute and perpetually childlike, Hanny communicates in sign language only Smith comprehends. Hanny’s parents, Mummer and Farther, along with several fellow London parishioners, make an annual pilgrimage to the Loney, hoping holy well water will make Hanny whole. This despite the evidence it hasn’t yet, which has pushed Smith into nihilistic malaise.

Though presented as a thriller, this book is principally a family drama about religion. Our narrator struggles—or, more accurately, fails to struggle—to reconcile his mother’s deeply held beliefs with the evidence that life is a meaningless mechanism. But it also encompasses families’ difficulty communicating the most significant topics. Mummer and Farther, Smith, Father Bernard, and the parishioners share their concern for Hanny. They just talk past one another translating that concern into action.

Every year, the parishioners visit the Loney’s holy well on Easter Monday, force-feeding Hanny supposedly sacred water that consistently makes him gag. They occupy the same late-Victorian rental property, visit the same pre-Reformation church, pray the same prayers. The persistent ritual gives their lives shape; for them, ritual comes first. But Smith notices the ritual produces no measurable results. Early on, he seems ambivalent about belief and practice, though this eventually lapses into outright unbelief.

However, from page one, we know something the characters cannot know in the midst of events: Hanny really gets healed. He becomes voiced and sociable; eventually he becomes a married Anglican priest in a prestigious London parish. While Mummer and Farther hope Hanny’s voice gets restored, we wonder how, and by whom. Mummer, whose faith lapses into abusive fanaticism, hopes God will intervene. We wonder who comes wearing God’s face. Her future is our past.

While the urbanized, middle-class parishioners occupy their rental cottage, praying, locals notice and resent their presence. Taking the visitors’ presence as an affront, they find ways to insinuate their way into the house, extracting information from the parishioners while disclosing little themselves. Very Straw Dogs. Like many places in Northern England, pre-Christian traditions survive in Lancashire, dressed in sacramental drag. As sweaty local rituals encircle the clean, pious Londoners, we brace ourselves for the confrontation.

There, ultimately, is where this novel flails. If Hurley stuck with his strongest components, the brutal collision between faith and evidence, he’d have a powerful novel. Smith describes his parents’ willful blindness in excruciating detail, though later chapters imply Smith has his own blinders he’s worn so long, he’s forgotten they’re there. These parts really sing. However, he foreshadows his supernatural thriller elements so long, they’re an ultimate let-down, especially since they mainly happen offstage.

Hurley writes best not about the demonic, but about how humans conjure their fears into reality. He throws characters onto their own devices and lets them struggle. Both faith and unbelief appear as human attempts to impose meaning on the universe, which both prove equally unsatisfying. People struggle to communicate, understand, see, but are circumscribed by the evidence of their senses. Either way, we must make the Nietzschean journey through nihilism to find our meaning.

This novel has enough, in its struggles between faith and senses, to energize deep, inquisitive readers. Smith’s attempts to understand his family, couched within his failure to understand himself, make for deep reading. But audiences seeking the big, final Stephen King-ish conflagration will find his distant supernatural elements ultimately unsatisfying. Read this novel for its quiet, internal struggle, not its apocalyptic showdown. Because the former more than makes up for the lack of the latter.

AmazonBasics Bluetooth Keyboard for Android Devices - Black
AmazonBasics Bluetooth Keyboard for Android Devices - Black
Price: $21.88
18 used & new from $18.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes My Tablet Twice As Useful, May 7, 2016
I bought this keyboard because, if you want to write anything longer than a text message on your phone or tablet, the itty bitty touch-screen keyboard is a nuisance. I want to be able to use my tablet as a portable writing implement, which isn't easy. Except now it is. Thanks to bluetooth, I can stick this device and my tablet in a coat pocket and go.

It has the full QWERT key capacity, including ALT and CTRL keys. It does not have the number keys to one side that we've grown accustomed to with full-sized integrated keyboards, so you can't use Unicode to write special characters, which is why I give this four stars rather than five. I miss being able to put accent marks and em-dashes into my task without using the drop-down menu. But for regular alphanumeric symbols, this works well.

I've used this in crowded meeting rooms, motel rooms, and the passenger seat of a moving car. It makes writing more stable and reliable, without having to do the two-thumbs thing in the touch screen. It's not perfect, without the Unicode capability, but using this, I've reclaimed the ability to write much and fast. This has easily doubled the usefulness of my tablet computer.

Wood Wall Clock, NALAKUVARA Vintage Colorful France Paris French Country Tuscan Retro Style Arabic Numerals Design Non -Ticking Silent Quiet Wooden Clock Gift Home Decorative for Room, 12-Inches
Offered by NALAKUVARA
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Look, Silent Mechanism, May 7, 2016
This relatively large wall clock is, I imagine, machine-painted, but it sure looks hand-crafted. Its bright colors and large characters have a very late-19th-Century look, like it was taken from a Parisian cafe at the height of the Decadent movement. And I appreciate the unusually large characters, as I have a friend with poor eyesight, and she can see it clearly from across the room.

The mechanism is a common design, of a sort used both by manufacturers and building hobbyists. It's electric, driven by a single AA-sized battery (included). It's smaller than a pack of cards, and very lightweight, meaning you can hang it from a single nail without having to hunt for a stud. This means you can hang it wherever it fits and does the most good, rather than where the structure of your building allows.

In short, this is a good-quality clock, with a reliable, quiet mechanism, and a vintage look. The range of colors lets it fit in with multiple decor schemes. Especially at this reasonable price, this is a clock you can put in a central location of your house, rely upon its time, and take pride in its look.

GoLine LED Multi-Function Body Induction Night Light, PIR Motion Activated, Light Sensor, Wireless Charging Detachable Emergency Flashlight for Home Office Hotel, AC Detection w/ Worklife 50000 Hrs.
Offered by GoLine TECH
Price: $59.99
4 used & new from $10.31

2.0 out of 5 stars It Worked, And Then It Didn't, May 3, 2016
I have no idea why this nightlight suddenly, spontaneously stopped working. I plugged it into the wall, let it charge, and turned it on. Not only did it make a quite effective motion-activated nightlight for about a week and a half, but it popped off the wall mount unit and made a pretty good flashlight when I had to dig out cat hairballs and other goodies from behind furniture. It charged without having a live lead connecting the charger to the mount—I don't know how it worked, but it worked, and I liked it. I really looked forward to writing a glowing review of this nightlight.

Then, poof, it just stopped working. I have no idea why, or what could've caused it. Just suddenly, it wasn't working anymore. I tried moving it to another outlet, and monkeying with the charger and the light unit, disconnecting and reconnecting them, anything I could think of. It has no switches on the surface, so I couldn't play with those, and that limited the options available to me. I could determine no compelling reason this device should have stopped working. I know only that it did, and that it hung from the wall socket like a mounted trout, pretty to look at but dead.

I liked this nightlight while it was new and working. I really expected it to become a valued addition to my household gadget array. But for whatever reason, when given the opportunity to continue working, it didn't. I have no explanation why it should have failed so suddenly and unexpectedly; I know only that it did, without even a noticeable whimper. Perhaps the problem is me, I don't know, but now it just doesn't work, and I feel like a fool for how close I came to writing a five-star review for a dead piece of plastic.

The manufacturer sent me a review sample of this product, at their own expense, in exchange for an honest review. As always, all opinions stated are strictly my own.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20