Profile for dblhoya > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dblhoya RSS Feed (Washington, DC)

Page: 1 | 2
FRiEQ® Hi-Speed Extra Long (6 Ft/1.8m) Nylon Braided Tangle-Free USB 2.0 Micro USB Charging/Sync Cable For Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2, HTC, Motorola, LG, PS4, Xbox one (Light Blue/Yellow)
Offered by LowerPriceUSA
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one you want., December 4, 2013
I went on Amazon to spend a couple bucks on a quick and dirty micro USB cable, then got sucked in to comparing them and ended up buying three to find one worth holding on to and carrying around all the time. This one is awesome, sturdy, looks cool, fits more snugly than my last 2 cables, and it delivers a fast charge on my phone, even though it's longer than my last cables. Don't see a downside here.

Zicam No Drip Liquid Nasal Gel, Seasonal Allergy Relief, Non-Drowsy, 0.5-Ounce (15 ml) (Pack of 2)
Offered by D&DL
Price: $19.05
11 used & new from $17.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing how well this works!, March 1, 2012
I've taken every prescription and OTC allergy meds out there, but nothing can help my sinuses come March, except maybe Flonase steroid nasal spray. Zicam works much better than Flonase, with almost no side effects. Though I believe the migraine sufferer who had a problem with it...you can definitely feel the pressure change when you take it and when it wears off. The key is using it regularly every 4-6 hours. I've been using it for about a week now, and I'm sold. Keeping the Flonase on the shelf for now.

Slime 50001 Power Sport Smart Spair
Slime 50001 Power Sport Smart Spair
Price: $33.80
21 used & new from $33.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Most compact compressor I've seen, and works better than my larger compressors!!!, January 17, 2010
Excellent buy. Highly recommended. I bought this for my motorcycle, so I would have an air pump I could carry with me on my bike (the battery tender attachment is great for running it off the battery wherever you go). The first time I used it, I immediately realized it packed a lot of power into a small package. It works better and fills tires more quickly than larger compressors I use for my car.

SONOS BRIDGE for Sonos Wireless Network
SONOS BRIDGE for Sonos Wireless Network
Price: $42.99
23 used & new from $22.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for extending Sonos system. Also works as a wired access point for wifi network., January 17, 2010
I initially bought this because my router and my stereo were on opposite sides of my living room. It worked great and didn't take up much room at all. After I moved, I was able to attach one of the ZonePlayers directly to the stereo, and I discovered I could use the ZoneBridge as an access point to provide wired ethernet ports at the other end of my house from my wireless router. I have a wired network printer that I can now put anywhere I want and use over the wireless network. Considering the price of other products designed specifically for this purpose, it's actually a pretty good deal for that as well! Since other reviews make it clear that it works well for its intended function, I thought I would mention this unexpected bonus feature.

Motorola MOTOROKR S9 Bluetooth Active Headphones (Red,Black) [Retail Packaging]
Motorola MOTOROKR S9 Bluetooth Active Headphones (Red,Black) [Retail Packaging]
4 used & new from $34.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, good fit, OK sound quality, terrible durability., January 17, 2010
I bought these to run and work out with. I was initially happy with them, even though the sound quality is sacrificed for the convenience of the hands-free design. Bluetooth reception is ok, but far from perfect. Signal drops sometimes when not in line of sight with mp3 player, and range is not impressive. The real problem is that they don't hold up to sweat AT ALL. My first pair fried after about two months, so I got a replacement pair. I took the rubber ear adapters off and cleaned the speakers off almost every time I used it, but it still gave up the ghost after a few weeks. They are tempting to buy if you like gadgets or want a lightweight set of hands-free headphones, but save your money and spend it on another product.

Phoenix Gold ATo5 5.25-inch Indoor/Outdoor Speakers (Pair) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent speakers for outdoor use, not high-quality for indoors compared with other speakers., January 17, 2010
I got these speakers for free when I bought a Sonos sound system, and I've been more or less satisfied with them, but not overly impressed by any means. I had them in my bedroom for months before trying another pair, and I was shocked how much better the sound was with another (inexpensive) pair of indoor speakers. Also, the metal grate speaker covers collect a lot more duct than most speakers, but they do come off easily for cleaning. If I had more use for them outdoors, I think they would fare much better when compared to other outdoor speakers. So I would recommend them for outdoor speakers, but not so much for indoors.

Battery Tender 022-0150-DL-WH Waterproof 800 Battery Charger
Battery Tender 022-0150-DL-WH Waterproof 800 Battery Charger
Price: $31.82
122 used & new from $27.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for long-term battery maintenance. Must-have equipment for motorcycles., January 17, 2010
As its name implies, this charger is designed for long-term maintenance charging, rather than recharging a dead battery in a few hours. Widely accepted as standard equipment for motorcycles that spend time sitting in the garage during cold winter months. Tops off the battery automatically and keeps it healthy. It's also worth getting just to have the adapter permanently mounted on the bike, as there are so many accessories made to work off battery power by plugging in to the battery tender adapter (for example, Slime's "Power Sport Tire Inflator," which is a great portable air compressor you can use anywhere with the battery tender adapter. Slime 40001 Power Sport Tire Inflator). The waterproof model is worth getting if you're going to leave it out to charge all the time (as recommended) to protect against moisture or any exposure to bad weather. I've used it to charge a dead car battery, too, and it worked but took about 18 hours.

Big Night
Big Night
DVD ~ Stanley Tucci
18 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun movie with great ensemble cast., January 17, 2010
This review is from: Big Night (DVD)
Stanley Tucci's movies (as director) don't get enough attention, especially this one. Putting all these great actors together in a small and unpretentious film really works. You'll remember the food and the music long after watching it. I bought the soundtrack too.

Electrolux EL6984A Harmony Ultra Quiet Canister Vacuum
Electrolux EL6984A Harmony Ultra Quiet Canister Vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars Great vacuum--really powerful., January 17, 2010
I'm a single guy and normally wouldn't know enough about vacuums to buy a good one, but a Swedish friend of mine talked me into buying it after convincing me the Swedes take pride in the quality of this company. I've been really impressed with it. It's so powerful that I have to be careful any time I am using it open-ended without a floor attachment--last week it completely swallowed a heavy sock ll the way into the bag before I even had time to react. The green clinic bags are also very good if you want to control the dust or smells coming out the other end. I'm not one to go around spending a lot of money on household stuff like this, but I think this vacuum is definitely worth the money.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Life-saver., January 17, 2010
My stepmother is a physical therapist and sent me one of these for a bulging disk/pinched nerve that flares up sometimes in my neck. She had performed traction manually on my neck for me and it worked, and this uses the same principles to take weight and pressure off the spine. Once you figure out how to balance it correctly, you immediately feel the effect on your spine from top to bottom. I only use this when my neck is acting up, but lying down with it for 15-20 mins a day has incredible results. I have bought this for two friends who have similar problems, and I recommend it to anyone. For the price, it will pay for itself with the money you save on Advil alone!

Page: 1 | 2