Profile for Skippypup > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Skippypup "Pat" RSS Feed (Jackson, MI USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Bosch
Bosch
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Show, February 19, 2015
This review is from: Bosch (Amazon Instant Video)
OMG what a great show. Gritty, hold-your-attention, wonderful police drama. Sure hope there is a second season cause this one was pure fantastic.

Nevados Women's Boomerang II Low Hiking Shoe,Chocolate Chip/Purple Rain,7.5 M US
Offered by Fashion Footwear
Price: $54.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Causes Foot Pain!, February 2, 2015
I owned a pair of Nevados before so I thought I knew what I was getting into. But these shoes - yikes! My heals were rubbed even after cinching up as tightly as possible. The toebox was the worst and caused a long-ago corn to reappear and cause pain. I couldn't wait to get these off after the end of a hike. Unfortunately I purchased them and waited 2 days too long to be able to return them to Amazon. Beware.

The Magic Kingdom of Landover Complete Set: Magic Kingdom for Sale-Sold!, The Black Unicorn, Wizard at Large, The Tangle Box, Witches' Brew
by Terry Brooks
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
6 used & new from $29.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the previous reviewer should check their publication dates. ..., July 19, 2014
Perhaps the previous reviewer should check their publication dates. This set was published in the 1990's while The Princess of Landover did not come out until 2009. Hard to include it in the set when it wasn't published yet.

Under Armour Women's Armour® Fleece Team Pants
Under Armour Women's Armour® Fleece Team Pants
Price: $34.99 - $59.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Hope You Are Tall (Or Know a Good Tailor), December 17, 2013
I walk a lot. About 5 miles per day, sometimes more. And now that it is colder I needed a warm pant without having to wear ski pants. I saw them at an athletic store but they were only available in small sizes so I ordered them from Amazon because, thankfully, they carry more than just size S or M.

These are really nice pants. Warm and cozy just like I wanted. But I had to take them immediately to a tailor when I bought them because they are so long. Incredibly long. My tailor had to cut off more than 18 inches on each leg (I'm 5'2"). They also had to taper in the legs because they are very, very wide. Like pallazzo pants from the 80's. So I spent an additional $18 on getting them down to the right size and I'm thrilled. So if you not close to 6' tall you will probably have to have these hemmed up, maybe even pegged in because of the width. But they are worth it.

AmeriBag Healthy Back Bag Bagletts-Celery 5100-CE Mini,Celery,One Size
AmeriBag Healthy Back Bag Bagletts-Celery 5100-CE Mini,Celery,One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Leather Bag, July 12, 2013
This is the second one of these I have purchased. I also bought the one in pink for my sister who was thrilled with it. I own an older Ameribag in nylon that I use a lot when traveling so when I stumbled on these leather bags here on Amazon I couldn't believe my eyes. Leather! This bag, the lime green one, I use daily on my morning walk to hold my iPod, phone, car keys, license, Kleenex. It is the perfect size and doesn't get in my way. I do wear it like a fanny pack, wrapped around my waist. It truly is the perfect size for exercising..

Haunted House For Sale (Haunted Paranormal Mystery Novella Book 1)
Haunted House For Sale (Haunted Paranormal Mystery Novella Book 1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars New Ghost Mystery Series, June 17, 2013
This was an awesome book. I initially got the first chapter just to try out but I was hooked from the get-go so I bought the book right away (only 99 cents!). It was a short book and things really happened fast but I really, really liked it. Catherine is a real estate agent. Jake is an investigating cop. They meet because she shows a house to a friend and it contains the ghost of the woman who was killed there, Krista. This is the first ghost that Catherine has ever seen, or talked to. She wants to sell the house but the ghost won't leave unless she finds out who killed her. She meets Jake and they are instantly attracted to each other. She has to convince him she has talked with Krista's ghost. Very fast paced book and I was surprised who the killer turned out to be.
I'm thinking this is the first book in the series (4 books so far!) and a good one at that. I've already downloaded the other 3 books (all under $1). They all appear to be short but that's okay. Looking forward to reading the next one in the series.

The Haunted Fixer-Upper (A Haunted Renovation Mystery Book 2)
The Haunted Fixer-Upper (A Haunted Renovation Mystery Book 2)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Should have hired a proofreader, May 30, 2013
I liked this book alot. But it drove me crazy with the misspelled words, or using the wrong word. There was one place in the book that I had to read over more than once to try and figure out what it was trying to say.
But like I said before, I really liked this book and I'm looking forward to any others that may be in this series I just hope that someone proofs it before having it published next time.

Bowled Over (A Vintage Kitchen Mystery Book 2)
Bowled Over (A Vintage Kitchen Mystery Book 2)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Hate the Sister, April 6, 2013
As I mentioned in my review of the first book in this series, I dislike the sister very much. Nothing has changed in this book -I still hate the sister. I find her interactions with the main character just plain mean-spirited for a woman as old as she is suppose to be. Course the murder victim was also very mean so I was happy she got bumped off.
I did like how the author touched on hoarding and how it affects the family. And I am looking forward to something developing between the main character and the deputy. There is an obvious mutual attraction between them. Which makes me feel sorry for her current boyfriend (?) and I figure there will be more story about him in the future.
All in all a good series.

Red Velvet Cupcake Murder (A Hannah Swensen Mystery)
Red Velvet Cupcake Murder (A Hannah Swensen Mystery)

2.0 out of 5 stars Pick a Boyfriend Already!, March 22, 2013
I've read all the Cookie Jar mysteries and I've got to say (as others have mentioned) that I'm growing weary of where this series is headed. Mike has got to be one of the biggest jerks out there, so why his smiles make Hannah weak in the knees I just don't understand. Yes, Ms. Fluke it is long past time for Hannah to pick her love. It has to be Norman. It should be Norman. But aside from that gripe I find the amount of phone calls she receives while home amazing! And pantsuits? Really no one has worn pantsuits since the 80's. Her mother, whom we are told is only in her 50's talks like a woman many years older. And one last thing that the publisher really needs to address - while I like that the recipes are included in the book could you please put them at the end of the book instead of every chapter? I do the vast majority of my reading on a kindle and it is a real pain to have to skip a page, skip a page, skip a page (you get the idea) at the end of chapters.
I hope you are reading these comments Ms Fluke. Bring Hannah and Co into the new millennium and make your readers happy.

Cordless Swivel Sweeper - Original As Seen on TV by Swivel Sweeper
Cordless Swivel Sweeper - Original As Seen on TV by Swivel Sweeper
Offered by alltv product corp
Price: $45.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Picker-Upper, February 10, 2013
I have owned my swivel sweeper for about 3 years now. Yes, 3 years. It just recently started to have some problems holding a charge so I am in the market for either a new battery or a newer sweeper. I'm probably going to get the new sweeper because my handle did break but not because of poor quality but because I dropped it down a flight of stairs. Nothing a little duct tape couldn't fix. I use it a couple times a week to clean debris around the baseboards and under cabinets. My house is much cleaner because this thing is quick and easy to use, so I use it more frequently than having to drag out a vacuum or dust mop. I also know it is not meant o be a vacuum but just a little picker-upper between those big cleanings. I also want to mention how great it is for doing stairs. This little thing is allot easier to haul around than my dirt devil hand vac with the cord that is so long it wants to trip me. And the only reason I dropped it was because of the cat. Truly a nice machine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2013 8:11 AM PST