Profile for T. P. Obrien > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 62

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. P. Obrien "Tom" RSS Feed (San Antonio, Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Arduino for Ham Radio: A Radio Amateur's Guide to Open Source Electronics and Microcontroller Projects
by Glen Popiel
Price: $26.96
3 used & new from $26.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, with interesting projects., October 5, 2014
This book has several interesting, nontrivial projects. It is written in a personal style, as if the author is addressing the reader alone, in a one-on-one setting. Also interesting is the author's approach to giving credit where due - very conscientious. I would buy this as a gift for a ham friend.

Philips Sonicare HX6013/30 Proresults Brush Head, Standard, 3 Pack, Frustration Free Packaging
Price: $26.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Four, October 5, 2014
This product contained FOUR brush heads.

Jigs & Fixtures For The Hand Tool Woodworker: 50 Classic Devices You Can Make
Jigs & Fixtures For The Hand Tool Woodworker: 50 Classic Devices You Can Make
by Graham Blackburn
Price: $21.16
48 used & new from $15.05

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad this book came along, August 30, 2014
This book's content and organization are superb! The author has gathered and cataloged many ways that woodworkers make their work easier. In many cases, alternative solutions are presented for the same problem, reflecting regional preferences. The illustrations could almost stand alone, but the explanatory text acts to magnify and enhance them. I'm glad this book came along, and it will be a while before it goes from my reading table to a shelf.

Snap-N-Store DVD Storage Boxes, 15.5 x 5.5 x 7.625 Inches, Black, 2 Boxes per Pack (SNS01618)
Price: $12.99
6 used & new from $10.26

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a nice, sturdy product., June 23, 2014
It isn't mahogany furniture, but it is very sturdy and well made. It meets my needs exactly. I use one to store Xbox games and the other to store woodworking videos.

Plano 1354 4-By Rack System 3500 Size Tackle Box
Plano 1354 4-By Rack System 3500 Size Tackle Box
Price: $24.49
23 used & new from $23.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds a complete Lego Mindstorms NXT set, June 4, 2014
I use this tackle box to hold a complete Mindstorms NXT set. I use Mindstorms NXT to teach a senior citizens Robotics for Grandparents class. I put a label on the top with the Kit Number, and a label (1, 2, 3, 4) on each of the pull-out trays. This makes it easy to find the parts I need when building classroom models.

Whitmor 6551-372-5-BLK Plastic Organizer Collection Magazine Organizer Set of 5, Black
Price: $12.97
6 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, good quality, June 4, 2014
I reorganized two tall bookcases and found that I had a bunch of travel and National Geographic maps that needed to be corralled somehow. These organizers fit the bill exactly, with a couple left over. They're attractive, sturdy and durable, and assembly is quick and easy. A plus is that there are finger pulls at both ends, so the organizers can be put in with the tall or short end facing outward. I'm glad I bought this product.

Bondhus 20399 Ball End L-Wrench Double Pack with BriteGuard and GoldGuard Finish
Price: $24.45
15 used & new from $19.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I buy these (a lot) sooner?, June 2, 2014
I've been using hex wrenches for a long time (50 years or so), and these are the most satisfactory ones I've ever owned.
The ball end makes it very easy to do one-handed work when I can't see what the end is doing, and the long legs give plenty of leverage where it's needed. I bought the double pack so I could have both SAE and metric sizes, and I'm glad I did. Two recent jobs: assembling and fine-tuning a hybrid table saw and corresponding precision miter fence, and installing homemade shelf supports into a pair of 8-foot bookcases. Both tasks were made much easier by these well-made tools (Incidentally, Bondhus invented the ball-end hex wrench). I don't understand why the sets are given different high-tech protective coatings, but their different colors do serve to prevent the sets from getting mixed.

Hewlett Packard - HP 950-951 XL Four Pack- Black & Color Inkjet Ink Set
Hewlett Packard - HP 950-951 XL Four Pack- Black & Color Inkjet Ink Set
Offered by American RHS
Price: $124.89
17 used & new from $115.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange packaging, March 30, 2014
Not in HP packaging, but sealed in a plastic bag. Is this HP product or refilled? I can not tell. I am saving the receipt and will complain to Amazon if I experience problems when using these ink cartridges.

Nite Ize SB1-2PK-11 Size-1 S-Biner, Stainless, 2-Pack
Nite Ize SB1-2PK-11 Size-1 S-Biner, Stainless, 2-Pack
Price: Click here to see our price
88 used & new from $1.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Size 1 stainless is a super flag clip, March 21, 2014
I have a few of these in other sizes, but wanted some clips for an outdoor 3x5 foot flag. They replaced rusty steel spring clips and they work perfectly. Stainless steel should let them outlive me.

Kelvin Tools Kelvin.23 All in One Tool - Black
Kelvin Tools Kelvin.23 All in One Tool - Black
Offered by California Luggage Company
Price: $34.95
4 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well thought out design, March 19, 2014
I have several multi-tools, but none has this one's array of features. Other multitools have hammers, but this one is different, and well integrated into the design. The fit and finish are superb, and the tool fits comfortably in my hand. It is not compact, but at the same time nothing sticks out - it's just solid. The only thing I would add (don't ask me why) is an extra function that would make the little LED light flash or turn red. Also, the package design is first-class, and is very suitable for a gift

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7