Profile for looking around > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 123

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

looking around "aworldtraveler" RSS Feed (Herndon, Virginia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
JB Champion Silver Brushed Mens Dress Watch Titanium Black Dial
JB Champion Silver Brushed Mens Dress Watch Titanium Black Dial
Offered by Yeki89 Blinc.
Price: $20.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!, August 8, 2014
Horrible quality! I ordered 2, one arrived with a dead battery, the other was scratched up on the back - Caveat Emptor...DO NOT BUY!

Mediabridge Coaxial Digital Audio/Video Cable (25 Feet) - Triple Shielded F-Pin to F-Pin with Easy Grip Connector Caps - White
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't think about it...get it!, August 8, 2014
It solved my "weak" channels problem. As soon as I installed it, I picked up the "weak" channels with a very strong signal, and I picked up 5 additional channels - it does what it says! Highly recommended!

SEIKO spirit smart EPD active matrix solar radio fix metal band SBPA003 men's watch
Offered by FindStar Trading
Price: $420.00
20 used & new from $400.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Spirit EPD - very cool looking watch., July 4, 2014
Now, this is my second attempt at Seiko, and it is a winner.

A very nice, clean-lined watch with e-ink technology. It is radio controlled (aka "atomic time") and it is solar, meaning you do not have to worry about batteries. It's a true world timer - you only need to set a home time and a local time (wherever in the World you're going, that's close to one of the major cities indicated by the time zones.) As this is a radio controlled watch, you have to be in an area where you can receive the signals - the majority of the Northern Hemisphere - otherwise it will keep an accuracy of + or - 15 seconds per month.

It's kind of intuitive, it has its own little quirks: a lot of people complain that it does not display seconds - it actually does, but briefly for one minute and then it goes back to hour/minute combination - fine by me - some people complain about the backlight for dark situations, I can see all I need to see - again, fine by me - the only thing that I do not like/agree is that its automatic radio controlled feature only happens on odd days, I do not know what the Seiko engineers were thinking about! I'd like to set my watch any day of the month that I want to; nothing major by my standards, once it gets a signal it remains very accurate - I usually let my radio controlled watches and clocks get the signal twice a month for great accuracy.

The design is minimalist, clean lines and very elegant. Overall, is has my vote, highly recommended. It'll be a part of my permanent collection.

Watch Seiko Sportura Sun015p2 Men´s Black
Watch Seiko Sportura Sun015p2 Men´s Black
Offered by GLOBAL TIME
Price: $392.00
5 used & new from $392.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch..., July 4, 2014
Very elegant, nice looking watch, hefty built.

I always liked GMT watches, and I'm building a small collection, this was to be my first Seiko GMT.

I received the watch and I was impressed, I really liked it - but it had a huge defect! the GMT function did not work properly - I was very disappointed.

I followed all the instructions (like I always do) and set the watch using the website: "time (dot) is" - which gives the time from NIST here in the States - next day to my chagrin, I saw that the GMT hand had not moved like it was supposed to (I had set it to UTC) - the actual time was perfect (hour and minute hands.)

Unfortunately for me, this was a definite deal breaker - I had to return the watch (kudos to Amazon for the quick resolution!) - I really wanted to like this watch...maybe I got a dud?

I always heard good things about Seiko watches, so I'll try again with something else...

Citizen Men's CB0020-50E World Perpetual A-T Dress Watch
Citizen Men's CB0020-50E World Perpetual A-T Dress Watch
Price: $336.60
19 used & new from $336.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch with always precise time!, July 4, 2014
This is my first solar watch, and my first radio controlled (aka "Atomic clock controlled"), and my first Citizen watch - so a first on many scales!

While I waited for it to arrive, I decided to do a bit of research on the Citizen website and I found that they have movies on how to operate different watches - much better than reading a "dry" instruction manual...and much easier to follow.

So, I finally got the watch, followed the step by step instructions from the video and I was wearing my watch less than 10 minutes after I had opened the box! The watch itself is very nice looking, easy to read, clean lines, a bit on the big side (but that makes it easier to read, so a +)

I live in Northern VA, so I could not receive any radio signals during the day - but at night I left the watch on a window sill facing due West, and next day...voila! the watch had set itself to the correct time and day.

I really like this "set & forget" concept - and added plus is that you really do not have to worry about batteries, as long as you give your watch some sunshine! (or any other light source for that matter - LED lights work great!)

Overall, highly recommended! Now, I'm hooked on this technology! :-)

Datexx The Miracle Cube Timer
Datexx The Miracle Cube Timer
Price: $18.00
5 used & new from $17.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Datexx The Miracle Cube Timer, June 21, 2014
Love this thing! I use it to take naps during the day, anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes - just turn it over and go to sleep!

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil [HD]
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil [HD]
DVD
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil [HD], June 21, 2014
One of my favorite movies!

Very well done and kudos to Clint Eastwood. Kevin Spacey and John Cusack steal the show on this performance. The whole movie is just great, it's a must view in American classics. I had never been to Savannah, GA before and after watching this movie I purposely did a road trip just to go and check out all the movie landmarks, and yes, they're there! (the Mercer house, the coffee shop, everything...) See the movie and experience Savannah, you won't regret it!

Falcon Safety Super Sound Horn
Falcon Safety Super Sound Horn
Price: $10.99
20 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Super loud and super fun!, September 24, 2013
It does exactly what it says - this thing is definitely super loud! I tried it once for a push of less than a second - BAM! we didn't see the poor cat for the next 3 days! Is very compact, so it will not take a lot of space, you can even put it in a big pocket - just make sure that it doesn't go off and scare everyone (!) Highly recommended!

ExOfficio Men's GiveNGo Boxer Brief
ExOfficio Men's GiveNGo Boxer Brief
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, September 24, 2013
These are the most comfortable pair of underware that I've ever purchased. I bought them for regular daily use and I can see why other guys praise them so much -I'd definitely take them with me on short or long trips - easy to clean, easy to dry - these are ideal! The fit is true to size, so go with their size chart. I'll be back for more!

Leap Motion Controller, Gesture Motion Control for PC or MAC
Leap Motion Controller, Gesture Motion Control for PC or MAC
Offered by Savester
Price: $81.19
33 used & new from $52.00

1.0 out of 5 stars LEAPing with frustration..., August 1, 2013
These are some observations after using the LEAP for about 2 weeks:

I - very unfortunately - placed a pre-order from the LEAP website.

This is completely undercooked, "promiseware," something that should've stayed in the lab for several years before being released to the greater public.

The sad truth is that once I connected it to my Mac the thing failed to impress me in the most negative way. My reaction was: "That's it???!!!" all this hype, all this waiting for something that's unergonomic, very difficult to use, cannot be used with the most common programs. The most ridiculous one is Google Earth - it is completely unusable, it just does not work at all, whatsoever.

But wait - that's not the worst part, that comes with their "support." I've been trying to call them all week in order to return the thing and get my money back- today I got lucky I spoke to one person, who was completely useless - when you call, you get the automatic reply: "we are experiencing a high call volume" (perhaps that's because everyone is trying to return their units) Once I spoke to the useless customer rep, they could not "locate my information" (how convenient!!!) then they asked me for my order number - I do not have the order number, because that was an email from many months ago - but they cannot "locate my information" based on my name nor my email address (really? what type of database are you using???)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13