Profile for Jimmy-G > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jimmy-G RSS Feed (Connecticut)

Speak to Me
Speak to Me
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Speak to Me (MP3 Music)
She has an absolutely beautiful voice. This really is my favorite song and I'm glad it was finally available on Amazon. Looking forward to more from her.

Somewhere [Live Audio]
Somewhere [Live Audio]
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Duet, February 21, 2013
This review is from: Somewhere [Live Audio] (MP3 Music)
Sharon den Adel has a beautiful voice, and so does Anneke van Giersbergen. Their duet was a perfect match. Memorable.

Connecticut State Flag 3x5 3 x 5 Brand NEW Banner
Connecticut State Flag 3x5 3 x 5 Brand NEW Banner
Offered by MAFCO
Price: $6.10
7 used & new from $0.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Big beautiful flag, November 5, 2012
3x5 is very large. Looks good. Was wrinkled from folding, and is nylon, so working out wrinkles takes some work, but flag looks good.

SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)
SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)
4 used & new from $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 6, 2009
I've had nothing but good results from the Sansa Fuze. It "froze" on startup a couple of times in the months since I bought it, but the online help said just hold down the "on" switch and it resets, which it did. It's very easy to organize the music on my computer, upload it, and play. It's surprisingly heavy for a small MP3 player, but I guess the idea is to make it feel solid, which it does. The sound is perfect. And it looks great. Haven't played video yet.

A Difficult Boy
A Difficult Boy
by M. P. Barker
Price: $13.26
58 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling Historical Fiction, April 21, 2008
This review is from: A Difficult Boy (Hardcover)
I found it very interesting and engaging, and I think that other adults would also find it worth their time. Having the younger of the protagonists be nine allowed for the writer to have certain facts explained to Ethan, which also introduced the reader to unfamiliar facts or concepts related to the time-period, without seeming contrived. The imagery was descriptive enough that one could immerse oneself in the story with ease. The characters were well-enough defined, and their situations compelling enough that one cares about the characters and their relationships and wants to find out how the story will unfold.

The Purpose Driven Life for Commuters: What on Earth Am I Here For?
The Purpose Driven Life for Commuters: What on Earth Am I Here For?
by Rick Warren
Edition: Audio CD
29 used & new from $3.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Enormously Helpful, April 14, 2006
I was very surprised at how well I connected with "Purpose Driven Life". I'm not a born-again Christian; I'm just a regular guy. I never thought how all the little details in my life were created for God's purpose. But a lot of my thinking came together when I listed to some of the author's ideas.

I've always been a Christian, but I used to feel that a lot of chance and guessing played a part in whether you go to Heaven. I feel more confident that God loves us and wants us to go to Heaven. I trust Him. I also feel better about what to do here on Earth, because of this audio book.