Profile for Ernie R. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ernie R. RSS Feed

Braun Series 3-340s Wet & Dry Electric Shaver
Braun Series 3-340s Wet & Dry Electric Shaver
Price: $64.30
60 used & new from $53.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a pretty good shaver., June 27, 2015
PROS
Works great! Gives a nice, clean shave. The trimmer works as it should. Battery lasts pretty long on a single charge. It looks good and feels right in my hand. Auto voltage of 100v to 240v makes it suitable for travel. Can be used dry or with shaving foam or gel.

CONS
The triple cutting system (a trimmer in between 2 foil shavers) takes getting used to. Although it shaves quite nicely, it feels unusual on my face. I have to shave at an angle when I prefer to use just the foil shaver and not the trimmer in the middle. Also, because of the triple blade design, the shaver head is pretty bulky.

Everyone Hates a Ball Hog But They All Love a Scorer: The Complete Guide to Scoring Points On and Off the Basketball Court
by Koran Godwin
9 used & new from $22.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 20, 2012
Sorry but I can't say that this book was worth reading. On the bright side, it's a very easy read (which would make it a good gift for a younger basketball fanatic). It is double-spaced with comparatively few pages so its not heavy on content.
Overall, it would make a nice gift for a teen or a younger recipient, but for older ballers looking to improve their game, there isn't much new here.

asics Men's Corrido Sport Style Sneaker,Navy/Red,9.5 M US
asics Men's Corrido Sport Style Sneaker,Navy/Red,9.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, December 20, 2012
I love these shoes. I've been wearing these for a while now and they are holding up very well. They are very comfortable and look great! Nothing negative to report so far.

McDavid 191 Neoprene Wrap Around Ankle Support
McDavid 191 Neoprene Wrap Around Ankle Support
Price: $21.21
11 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I've updated my review, and upgraded rating to 4 stars, December 20, 2012
This support is great for everyday use, if you just need support for weak or injured ankles. It's not very bulky and won't stretch out your shoes.
However, I can't recommend it for use while playing basketball, which is the main reason I got them. They won't keep your ankles from rolling except maybe in very minor cases. For keeping your ankle straight while ballin', I would still rather use the Mcdavid Ankle X, which has never let me down. I've never rolled my ankles in them. However, they are bulky, which is why I wanted to try these new supports. Unfortunately, they don't work for me.

***update June 13, 2013***
I've tried using these supports again for basketball, and they do help keep my ankles from rolling, as long as I wear mid or hi cut shoes. The higher shoes grip the braces and keep them snug on the ankles. And they are pretty comfortable! Using low cut shoes won't cut it though. I now wear these regularly, and I'm upgrading the rating from 3 to 4 stars!

adidas Men's Cushioned 3STR 3-Pack HC Sock
adidas Men's Cushioned 3STR 3-Pack HC Sock

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite basketball socks, August 27, 2012
I've tried many different pairs of socks for basketball and these are my favorites. They have cushioned soles, which is a must for me. I also use ankle braces to support my ankles which have been weakened by wear and tear and injuries, and the length of these socks are perfect -- they come up to just a little bit above the braces. These socks also have a slight compression on the arch area of the foot, which may help against plantar fasciitis.

Wish there were black ones in my size though.

The Art of a Beautiful Game: The Thinking Fan's Tour of the NBA (Sports Illustrated)
by Chris Ballard
68 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading, entertaining, informative., December 23, 2009
Basically this book takes individual skills per chapter (mindset, shooting, passing, defense, rebounding, etc.), breaks them down by analyzing players that excel in each skill (Nash for passing, Dwight Howard for rebounding, Battier for d) and explains how each of them has perfected their particular skill through interviews, analysis, and actual experience.

My favorite part of the book was the chapter on Kobe Bryant's competitiveness and killer instinct. I am not a Kobe fan but after reading this, it gives me better understanding on why he is the way he is.

Overall, I would recommend this book. It's easy to read and it makes you appreciate the game better.

adidas A3 Pro Team 3
adidas A3 Pro Team 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool shoes!, September 24, 2009
This review is from: adidas A3 Pro Team 3 (Apparel)
Pros: Comfortable, lightweight, designed in such a way that it is easy to put on and remove. I wear hinged ankle braces to support my bad ankles and I have no problem with them using these shoes. My feet also stay a little cooler when I'm playing as there are air passages between the stripes.
Cons: It wears maybe half a size larger than normal. No problem for me though as I wear 2 pairs of socks when I play. Also, as you break them in, little cracks start coming out in the black area surrounding the stripes. However these are just cosmetic wear and tear, no real damage.
Overall I'm very happy with these shoes.