Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for John M > Reviews

Browse

John M's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John M RSS Feed

Can You Fly
Can You Fly

5.0 out of 5 stars One of many amazing FJ albums., December 1, 2013
This review is from: Can You Fly (MP3 Music)
This is what songwriting is supposed to be. Heartfelt lyrics that, in just a few lines, tell tragic stories of love and loss. Melodies and harmonies that support the story that the lyrics are trying to convey. For everyone that heard "Bad Reputation" on the radio and fell in love with Freedy, they owe it to themselves to explore the rest of his work. Can You Fly is a precursor to his popularity, but it deserves as much attention as any album in the FJ canon.

Arrow
Arrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid., December 1, 2013
This review is from: Arrow (MP3 Music)
This is a great album by a great band. I hadn't heard of them until this album when I heard "Parted Ways" on the radio. I'm not familiar with their other CDs but THIS album is great from start to finish...not a bad song to be found. Love the sincerity in the vocal delivery and the in-your-face riffs that the band builds around those vocals. These guys can play.

The Lion's Roar
The Lion's Roar

3.0 out of 5 stars 1 great song, many average songs., December 1, 2013
This review is from: The Lion's Roar (MP3 Music)
The song "Blue" is outstanding...I heard it on the radio and decided to buy the album. Unfortunately, the rest of the album is only mediocre.

K&M Stands iPad2 Stand Holder 19722.000.55
K&M Stands iPad2 Stand Holder 19722.000.55
Price: $64.99
6 used & new from $55.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid., December 1, 2013
Really solid. My iPad 2 clips right in, many viewing angles/rotations possible. This is the most solid solution I've seen for mounting iPad to mic stand. I've gigged with it and feel very confident that it can handle life on the road.

Monster iSoniTalk Microphone Headphone Adapter for iPhone - Microphone with Headphone Jack (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Global Performance Gear
Price: $7.95
4 used & new from $7.71

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugggh...disappointing., December 1, 2013
Of the 3 I bought, only 1 works correctly. The other 2 both had problems (1 the button didn't work, the other only 1 channel worked). The only positive is that the shipping is cheap....it's not worth my time & effort to return these 2 broken ones.

Fly By Wire
Fly By Wire

5.0 out of 5 stars Great band, great album., December 1, 2013
This review is from: Fly By Wire (MP3 Music)
It's a crime that more people don't know this band. One of those albums that you can let play all the way through without needing a Fast Forward button. For the record, I've enjoyed everything that this band has put out, but this album is now amongst my favorites. The production is a bit more indie than on their last effort (Sway), and the songwriting and production are more consistent. Give it a preview (especially "Lucky Young" and "Nightwater Girlfriend") and then do yourself a favor and click "Buy".

Boys & Girls
Boys & Girls
Price: $7.00
112 used & new from $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Sweetness!, July 17, 2013
This review is from: Boys & Girls (Audio CD)
I really dig this Alabama Shakes album...reminds me of a visit to Cracker Barrel. From the very first song it's like I'm sitting on the front porch, leisurely rocking in a rocking chair, waiting for a table. In the next couple of songs it's like I'm sipping on some sweet tea while perusing the menu, deciding on which meat-laden entree I will choose. At some points they really start to wail, like I ordered the cornbread and they brought me regular biscuits and I'm all like, "WHAT? NOW, I'M GONNA RAGE!"

The Rip Tide
The Rip Tide
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it., March 10, 2012
This review is from: The Rip Tide (MP3 Music)
I knew nothing about Beruit until I heard the song "Santa Fe" on the radio a few weeks ago. Such a catchy song I set out to find the album and I'm glad I did. Every song is great...one of those albums you can listen to from start to end and then just hit repeat and listen to over and over. A highly-recommended purchase...now I'm off to check out their previous releases!

Pershing
Pershing

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooooooooooooooooooooo good., May 24, 2011
This review is from: Pershing (MP3 Music)
5 stars. Their best album to date, in my opinion. I've listened to it tons of times over the past 2 years and it still sounds as good as the first few plays....maybe even better. I'm still finding little gems in the harmonies, arrangements, and playing after all this time. Their new CD, "Let It Sway", is almost as good and completely deserves your attention as well.

Let It Sway
Let It Sway

4.0 out of 5 stars Continued awesomeness!, May 24, 2011
This review is from: Let It Sway (MP3 Music)
Another great album from SSLYBY...not a bad song on it. Amazing songwriting, harmonies, and arrangements. My favorite song on this one is "Everlyn". I'd still give the nod to Pershing as my favorite album but this is a close second. Buy it. Now.