Profile for BigEyeDuck > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BigEyeDuck "Jared" RSS Feed (Portland, OR)

Page: 1 | 2
Danby DDW1805W Space Saving Dishwasher
Danby DDW1805W Space Saving Dishwasher

4.0 out of 5 stars The dishwasher was great up until the controller failed, February 3, 2015
I will start with this is my 2nd Danby. We live in a older 1926 house where we have not had a chance to remodel the kitchen yet. Money has gone to other more needed projects in the house.
We purchased a Danby 18" back in 2004 2005 somewhere around there. The dishwasher was great up until the controller failed. This would be where you set the wash cycle. The older Danby's were analog like turning a kitchen timer. What really sucked about his is Danby had changed the design on the dishwashers to a different controller and were no longer making replacement parts.
What I was stuck with was a great dishwasher that could not be repaired. I was pretty upset about this.
Found a replacement Kenmore on Craigslist to replace it.
Fast forward to 2015. Still have not remodeled kitchen yet but the Kenmore was having issues. Getting loud, water heater no longer worked, inefficient. Purchased this from a local appliance retailer here in Portland. It was a return item that the owner could not deal with the hoses and never used.

WOW what a difference. This unit is quiet. The newer controls vastly different. lights and sounds that were not present on the old Danby.
I was told that Danby makes the Frigidaire and Kenmore models as well. Not sure if this is true but it does not appear there is much of a difference between the 3 models. I would highly recommend.

LEAP (Breakthrough Book 2)
LEAP (Breakthrough Book 2)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent and interesting, December 28, 2014
Thank you for writing books that inspire and are thought provoking. I have read both stories back to back and look forward to more. Having female heroes with leadership roles in their fields is also appreciated.

Breakthrough
Breakthrough
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart and gripping!, December 15, 2014
This review is from: Breakthrough (Kindle Edition)
A great read and couldn't put it down wanting to keep reading. Good thought into the scientific aspects though a fictional story. Can't wait to read more of Michael's work!

Begin Again
Begin Again

4.0 out of 5 stars It Well Worth a Watch, December 11, 2014
This review is from: Begin Again (Amazon Instant Video)
Great movie. Great storyline. Great music. It well worth a watch. Ruffalo's performance was amazing. Keira's voice suprising. Adam Levine also surprising with his acting. Love the movie.

Grown Ups 2
Grown Ups 2
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A sequel gone bad..., July 18, 2014
This review is from: Grown Ups 2 (Amazon Instant Video)
Ugh. Movie was made as a straight up sequel with no thought to the script and had a ton of cameos.
Not very funny,.

Home Styles Natural Designer Utility Cart with Stainless Steel Top
Home Styles Natural Designer Utility Cart with Stainless Steel Top
Price: $279.99
11 used & new from $279.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Is Exactly What the Description Says it is...., April 7, 2014
We have all been there. You see a description, order it and then find out the caveats of the product one would think should be a part of the description once you open the box and assemble. That does not apply to this island.
It is solid wood. Heavy Duty casters. Very well made. Cart can easily stand without the included wheels.

Took me about an hour to completely assemble it with a cordless drill to assist with the allen bolts or else it is the Ikea method with the included allen wrench.
2/3 of the weight is the top piece so a 2nd person is likely needed to place on top of the assembled cart.

With that said, I love the look of it.
One thing I have noticed is the stainless steel on top scratches very very easy.I have used it two days and already a copy of nice scratches from just placing objects and then likely a lazy pick up. I guess this is to be expected.

Pilot [HD]
Pilot [HD]

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it... Would for sure watch more., February 27, 2014
Good Writing is key and this show has it. I laughed pretty hard a couple of time. The GM speech at the end hooked me in.

Make more please.

Chapter One:  'Tis the Season [HD]
Chapter One: 'Tis the Season [HD]
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new crime drama in many years...., February 10, 2014
This review is from: Bosch [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
Writing and cast are magnificent. Must get more Bosch.

Come on Amazon, buy in for more Bosch. This show is a no brainer.

Go Out Joint Support with Tart Cherry Extract and Black Cherry Fruit Extract, Celery Seed Extract, Bromelain and Turmeric Root. Provides Joint Health Support and Circulatory Support that helps you Get Out and About.
Offered by Integrated Success
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me..., January 21, 2014
I have not had a gout attack since i started using this formula with little change in my diet. When I feel something coming on because of too much of the bad diet, I increase the dose to 2 x 2 da, drink lots of water.

A far better alternative then Allupurinol.

The other thing that works well with these capsules is high GDU Bromelain. It breaks down the proteins in the blood that lead to gout.
Amazon sells Doctors Best 3000 GDU Bromelain. 10 of those and a couple of Go-Out Plex capsule stops any attack.

Planes [HD]
Planes [HD]
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars See it. Its worth the time!!, November 27, 2013
This review is from: Planes [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
I liked it. I think people are being Pixar snobs or elitest about this movie. Been there seen that.
Is it like Cars? Yes.
Does it follow the same basic Pixar premise? Yes.
But, the animation is top notch and the characters funny and a very positve message that my 7 yr clearly picked up on.

Page: 1 | 2