Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for K L > Reviews

Browse

K L's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K L "Underwhelmed" RSS Feed (Southern California)

OrthoStep Round Dress Thin Brown 30 inch Shoelaces 2 Pair Pack
OrthoStep Round Dress Thin Brown 30 inch Shoelaces 2 Pair Pack
Offered by OrthoStep
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, February 26, 2016
These laces suck. From the feel I'm pretty sure they're just cheap polyester or nylon and they're not waxed either - put a few drops of water and they get sucked right up. The braid is rough and unsuitable for dress shoes and there's no friction so you'll be retying your shoes all day. Just about the only good thing I can say about these laces is that they're brown and 30 inches. Oh, and they're more like 3 mm, not 2 mm wide too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2016 12:26 PM PDT

The Evolution of Nuclear Strategy, Third Edition
The Evolution of Nuclear Strategy, Third Edition
by Lawrence Freedman
Price: $29.34
66 used & new from $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Just scratches the surface, February 3, 2010
I picked this up thinking it would be a detailed, comprehensive treatment that would lay out the reasons behind why nuclear strategy is what it is. Instead, I got a political science text that traces the history of nuclear strategy, but fails to lay it out. There's almost zero focus on the technical side of things and much actual analysis either. In fact, there's no real delving into strategy either - everything is merely presented, and not very well at that. The prose is dry and humorless - it is at best a broad overview of points of view held by various factions. Although I'm sure Freedman tried to present everything in an impartial and unbiased manner, it seems like he is dismissive of some issues, and places too much emphasis on others.

Sennheiser HD 201 Lightweight Over Ear Headphones
Sennheiser HD 201 Lightweight Over Ear Headphones
Offered by Signature Networks
Price: $29.99
67 used & new from $19.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, January 9, 2007
For the price I got this, it was a steal. Got this for gaming in an noisy environment, so sound isolation was a must. Headphones fit snugly, although after hours of use, the pressure on your ears starts to ache a bit. Fair sound isolation, fairly good sound reproduction, if a bit weak on the bass. I was disappointed by the lack of an in-line volume control though. Those with a higher budget might want to consider the HD-280.

Horse Rotorvator
Horse Rotorvator
11 used & new from $52.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Musically Unsatisfying, October 26, 2006
This review is from: Horse Rotorvator (Audio CD)
I got this at the recommendation of somebody, and I must say it's not what I expected. Maybe I just can't appreciate this album, since I lean more towards Metal-Industrial, but I just didn't find it pleasing to listen to. Interesting and creative, yes, but not pleasing; it reminds me of Skinny Puppy, another Industrial band that I couldn't really get into either. It's just not my cup of tea, and I suspect that most people probably won't (or perhaps can't) appreciate it either. There's nothing wrong with it, but it just something I can't enjoy, so I'm giving it 3 stars.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2010 9:24 AM PDT

City of Evil
City of Evil
Price: $6.99
158 used & new from $0.35

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak, October 26, 2006
This review is from: City of Evil (Audio CD)
Upon hearing this, my first impression is that it's a weaksauce version of Megadeth. Seriously. It's just another of those new, generic, "metal" bands that seem to be popping up every so often. While it's not really BAD per se, it does have a lack of distinguishing traits and creativity that make a good band.