Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for David Peters > Reviews

Browse

David Peters' Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Peters "trptr/flutist" RSS Feed (Colima, MX)

Bernstein: Mass
Bernstein: Mass
65 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Have loved the "Offertory" esp., and the entire Mass, since the '80s!, April 27, 2010
This review is from: Bernstein: Mass (Audio CD)
I've loved this Mass since I was a Catholic Seminarian, studying for the priesthood, back in the early '80s! The Offertory really grabs my heart, in the way that no other piece of music has, and there's a fantastic Offertory in this recording! For reference, you should know that I've been a classical and jazz (amateur) trumpeter for more than 35 years, and 1st fell in love with Bernstein's Mass and, esp the Offertory, when I heard it played on an LP by Doc Severinsen - extremely dramatic, with full orchestra & Doc's virtuoso trumpet soaring above all! This recording has re-created that feeling for me, like NO other! I highly recommend the entire CD - a super recording of one of the most emotive "classical" Masses I've ever heard. I DO know whereof I speak, since, at the seminary we used to hold symposiums to analyze Bernstein's Mass-terpiece! This CD is first-rate - BUY IT, as I also did!

Wham
Wham
4 used & new from $23.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 'live' Buddy Rich Standards, May 16, 2009
This review is from: Wham (Audio CD)
This fabulous CD, w/live versions of some of Buddy's most familiar stuff from his fantastic band in the late '60s to early '70s - and TONS more great Big Band music - is available for free on the Deezer-dot-com website. I have put this one into my playlist under "Buddy Rich Band Plus", featuring about 40 Rich tunes, as well as modern hard-swingin' stuff by Harry James(recorded when he was in his 60's!), Woody Herman, Clarke-Boland, Stan Kenton, McCoy Tyner, Jimmy Smith, Louie Bellson, Count Basie, The Duke(in Stereo), BBC Big Band, Jones-Lewis, Rob McConnell, etc, etc...
My account on Deezer is "DSPjazz", & you just have to join Deezer - for FREE - & then find my acc't by searching for & clicking on (let's say) "Don Ellis Orchestra", then clicking on "Fans", & then on my trpt-playin' face! Then just send an friend invite, & you'll have access to many thousands of jazz/bebop, BB, classical, & blues tunes, for which you'd normally have to pay a king's ransom!

So, Don't Amazon - Deezer-com!!!