Profile for K. Lal > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Lal RSS Feed (Northern California)

Page: 1 | 2
My Championship Year
My Championship Year
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, January 1, 2014
A good insight into the journey of an F1 championship and an under dog team. An interesting story about Henson and the team.

Hell and Beyond: A Novel
Hell and Beyond: A Novel
by Michael Phillips
Price: $8.09
18 used & new from $7.36

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT book!, December 2, 2013
This is a great book! Read it though twice and will read it again! Really an amazing story and gets you thinking.

NaturVet Coprophagia Deterrent Soft Chews (90 ct)
NaturVet Coprophagia Deterrent Soft Chews (90 ct)
Offered by VeltriCo - PetsTek
Price: $12.49
18 used & new from $7.05

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, December 2, 2013
This product did not work for our dogs. So sorry. We do not like to leave negative feedback and we really wish it had been effective,

ABO Gear Fun Run
ABO Gear Fun Run
Price: $29.29
19 used & new from $27.55

3.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT--until cat figured out how to escape, August 21, 2013
This review is from: ABO Gear Fun Run (Misc.)
The Fun Run is a great idea, and worked beautifully for several weeks for us. We even recommended it to others. Our cat really loved getting out in the back yard. He would even pull the Fun Run out from where it was stored behind a desk so that he could get in it. All we would have to do is bring it out, say, "Get in your tube" and he'd go right in, totally excited to get out for a bit. We'd just let him roll all over the yard like a hamster in a ball. It was really cool! But one day, we were shocked to look out and see that he'd escaped! Luckily, he hadn't gotten far and we were able to bring him back in. I thought I'd fixed the zipper and tried again another day but he got out AGAIN. It's just too much to risk. So now here it sits collecting dust. Bummed. Would love to exchange and try another. Just don't want to pay shipping. That's how it goes, sometimes, I guess.

The Chance: A Novel
The Chance: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Kingsbury is back!, July 19, 2013
I was disappointed by "The Bridge", but this book is so much better. It was thoughtful and complete. And as always, Karen Kingsbury's books are inspirational and faith-affirming.

I agree with another reviewer that there is a bit of too much of the same thing in all of her books...
Beautiful people with lots of money. There is a bit of a formula but then again that is why I know I can count on a KK book!

JUDAS ISCARIOT: REVISITED AND RESTORED
JUDAS ISCARIOT: REVISITED AND RESTORED
by Ivan A Rogers
Price: $13.49
28 used & new from $8.70

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT book!, June 23, 2013
I had been looking for a book like this for a long time. It answered many questions I had about Judas and was thoughtfully laid out. I'd like to thank the author for writing this book. I used it to help me speak to my church one Sunday about Judas. This book is for anyone who would like to take another look at this infamous man, perhaps for the first time investigating beyond our own notions of Judas. I loved learning the Greek meanings of words in Scripture that I only assumed I knew such as betray, kiss, and thief. It really opened my eyes to the character of Judas and even more so to the depths of my own heart. I learned so much from reading this book. Mostly, I learned about the love and grace of God. Amazing book. A+++

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The life of the party!, June 23, 2013
This item arrived perfectly on time, in great condition, easy to "assemble", and true to life-size! Very happy with our purchase. It was a birthday gift for a friend who is a Rock fan and this dude was the highlight of the party. Great for photo-ops. HE'S BIG! So life-like, he kept scaring my dogs, who'd come around the corner and bark at him! Ha ha! Made my kids jump too! Very funny. Cool item.

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo & Conditioner, 16 oz.
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo & Conditioner, 16 oz.
Offered by E P D
Price: $15.15
27 used & new from $8.05

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT product (& much cheaper in stores), June 23, 2013
We do not live near a Trader Joe's but tried this shampoo & conditioner when we found it on vacation. It is SO GOOD that we have stockpiled several bottles. :) I use it on my daughter and it keeps her naturally sleek hair shiny, clean, well-conditioned and very healthy. She gets lots of compliments on her beautiful hair and I think this shampoo and conditioner get a lot of the credit. Extra BONUS is that the eucalyptus ingredient is a natural lice repellent. Our hairdresser told us that lice HATE eucalyptus. With school-age kids, you always get those awful notes from school saying some kid in your child's class had lice. This way, you know they're covered. ;) This shampoo and conditioner smell tea tree, minty FRESH and our hairdresser noted how it does not build up on our daughter's hair. The ingredient list is impressive and the results are great. Going on another trip soon and will be stocking up again. It's so good that I will be bringing back some for friends who have requested it. Glad to see this is offered on Amazon & that's nice for those who can't get to the stores. However, it is much cheaper in the store. ($3.99 a bottle, I believe)

Jillian Michaels Hard Body
Jillian Michaels Hard Body
DVD ~ Jillian Michaels
Price: $9.99
54 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, March 23, 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Hard Body (DVD)
This is the perfect next step if you've been a Jillian workout fan for awhile. I have used, loved and rotated a variety of her DVD's for a long time now: 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Yoga Meltdown, Six Week Six Pack, Killer Buns & Thighs and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I spent a couple of weeks recently focusing solely on Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Because that particular workout is more like 45+ mins. compared to the others where it is closer to 30+ mins., it was a stretch for me not only physically, but mentally as well. However, it really improved my endurance so that when I went back to the shorter workouts, I'd finish and jokingly tell Jillian on the screen "Is that all you got?". Ha ha...not that I'd ever say that to her face! ;) So anyway, I was looking for something new to add to the rotation and was super stoked to see this new one in the mix.

I love that it's about 45 mins. long. and that it uses weights (unlike Banish Fat Boost Metabolism). It's intense and definitely a physical challenge, but it's just right. There are some moves that I really love and some that are gonna take more practice for me to even like! ;) Jillian is, as always, good about offering a modifier to follow and all the girls on this DVD are helpful to watch. I agree with some other comments that the DJ is kind of silly and distracting, but most of the time, I am too focused on not passing out to worry about him much. Ha! I love the different moves that build on what I've already learned from her other DVD's but still challenge me to move in "new" ways. There is great variety and you definitely don't get bored! I do wish the cool down was a bit longer. She leaves out two stretches (triceps and quads) that she normally does. I just added those on my own. No big deal.

My recommendation is to preview the whole workout before actually attempting it. And I always approach my first attempt at it at about 50% effort, just to be sure I am using good form. Today was my first full-on run through and I really loved it! I can FEEL that it moved muscles in new ways.

This is a great workout and I am so glad that I bought it and very thankful to Jillian for bringing it out. It's the perfect next step for me. I wish I could tell her in person how very thankful I am for her influence in my journey. I have lost 50 lbs. and counting! I feel strong and capable thanks to using her DVD's faithfully.

Long story short: This a a great workout! Buy it! =)

Idoleyes: My New Perspective on Faith, Fat & Fame
Idoleyes: My New Perspective on Faith, Fat & Fame
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT book!, March 15, 2013
Once in a while there comes a book that I want to share with all my friends and this is one of those times. It was fascinating to see the behind-the-scenes aspects of American Idol and even better to witness Mandisa's testimony! What a story of God's faithfulness! I was so blessed by this book. Off to buy several hard copies to share!

Page: 1 | 2