Profile for A. Mann > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Mann "adm422" RSS Feed (Redwood City, CA USA)

Contour Pillow included with 4.3 Cloud9 Twin XL 2 Inch 100% Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Offered by Spruce It Up
Price: $285.99
3 used & new from $97.69

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Way to Sleep!, July 21, 2010
I bought this because I absolutely needed something that could compensate for the worst mattresses ever made, the college dorm mattresses, (The one I was sleeping on actually has a tag that says prison industries!!!) Without a doubt this made up for the horrible mattress that I was sleeping on. This gave me plenty of support in the areas that I needed it. (I sometimes have problems with my back).

There are a few things that you have to consider when choosing one of these, besides the size. One is your susceptibility to the cold. This product is great for people who easily get cold in bed because it will keep you quite warm. If you live in a consistently warm climate you might want to give any thicker mattress foam a pass because this really does keep you warm, and supposedly the thicker it gets the warmer your body stays.

There is one drawback to purchasing this which will affect you for at least a few months. That is the smell. It was the most common complaint that I read about before I bought this product. Although describing a smell is like describing a colour, I will say this about the smell. Try to imagine a cleaning product type of smell that is, at first, very pungent, and I do mean very pungent. For some reason the materials used in making this create this smell. When you take it out of the box your first reaction is that there is no way you'll keep this and you are going to send it back in tomorrows post. However, it is recommended that you let it air out for at least 24 to 36 hours. I let mine air out in my parent's garage for 72 hours and to be honest it really doesn't matter how long you air it out the smell is going to be quite noticeable when it is on, underneath the sheets and you are standing off the bed, for at least a few weeks. While in bed you will have a faint smell for a few months. I am sure you are wondering then why it is that I gave it five stars. Although it has an odor, I did get used to it and even though it was very strong to begin with, I found that it was manageable. I have had it through two girlfriends (consecutive, girlfriends that is) and neither of them were too bothered to mention that it had a bad smell or that it interfered with either of their sleep. To me its worth living with the smell in order to receive the benefits of how it feels sleeping on this. The reason I spent so much time on the smell is because that seemed to be a very big concern for many people and I think it becomes a matter of personal preference in the end. Knowing what I know now about this product, I would but it again without any reservations.

It is unbelievably comfortable to sleep on. My only regret is that I gave it to my last girlfriend for her dorm room last fall. She loves it and I know I'm not getting that back. She actually told me recently that it had improved her sleep. I know that it improved mine. Using this product I did experience less pain in the morning and I didn't toss as much as I do without it.

A great thing about this product is that it retains its shape for a very long time and so far after two years has not seemed to degrade at all, as far as I can tell. I initially expected it to degrade by becoming flatter over time or thin out in certain spots (like the area around the hips or butt because of the constant pressure on the foam from that area of the body) but I have not noticed that at all.

Canon EOS Rebel T1i / 500D For Dummies
Canon EOS Rebel T1i / 500D For Dummies
by Julie Adair King
Price: $21.02
77 used & new from $4.12

5.0 out of 5 stars This book helps you get the most out of your T1i, July 17, 2010
I am a very casual photographer and to be honest I have very little experience with photography in general. I have had almost no experience with aperture or ISO. I bought the Canon EOS Rebel T1i/500D for Dummies simply because I wanted to learn more tricks and tips about the camera as well as how to change the camera settings. I knew that I wouldn't get the information I wanted, or possibly needed, out of just the user manual that came with the camera. This "For Dummies" book is my first foray into these types of self-help books and I have been very pleasantly surprised. This book is extremely well written and is most definitely not written in a condescending way treating the reader as if that person is a child. I found this book very easy to follow and it handled very complex information in a way that can be understood and practised by the user. The numerous pictures showing step-by-step instructions make this book more easily understandable. This book gives the reader a much better understanding of features that are hard to grasp as well as features that can be easily missed. If you are an experienced user you might not get too much out of this book other than a reference guide. However, if you are new to (Digital SLR's) like I am, then this book is an incredible tool to help you progress. Its important to note that you will not learn everything overnight because there is so much information, but in time you'll be thrilled at what you have accomplished with the help of this book. I have had this book for three months and I find myself referring to it as a reference guide quite often and I am slowly trying new things, things that I would not have known about on my own. There are quite a few parts of this book that I have not attempted to learn because I am not proficient enough yet, but for my abilities this book has continued to be very useful.