Profile for Tobias Green > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tobias Green RSS Feed (somewhere in the USA)

Men's Stainless Steel 18K Gold Plated Classic Franco Chain Necklace, 28"
Men's Stainless Steel 18K Gold Plated Classic Franco Chain Necklace, 28"
Price: $24.73

1.0 out of 5 stars This 28" chain is just under 24" long., October 21, 2013
I'm returning this chain now. The box I received had the right item number on it, but the chain was less than 24" long.

Stuhrling Original Men's 129XL.335557 Aviator Tuskegee Warhawk Automatic Date Black Watch
Price: $159.11
4 used & new from $159.11

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken, squeaky, August 23, 2011
I just got this watch -- never even had a chance to wear it out of the house -- and it's already broken. I'm returning it now. A word of warning about Stuhrling watches in general: all of them come with a card that says if you give them a positive review on Amazon, they'll extend the manufacturer's warranty. To me, that seems pretty fishy. If you see positive reviews on Amazon, you can ask yourself: did that person really think the watch was good? Or was the watch shoddy and they needed to extend the warranty?

Also, the joints where the watchband met the watch were amazingly squeaky.

The watch did look pretty nice -- just like in the picture.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2012 5:50 PM PST

Persuasion Skills Black Book: Practical NLP Language Patterns for Getting The Response You Want
by Rintu Basu
Price: $22.50
37 used & new from $16.10

1.0 out of 5 stars English is clearly not the author's native language., January 26, 2010
I don't really like leaving negative reviews, but in this case I feel like it's my duty to warn you. I was fooled by all the high ratings this book had. I hope the same doesn't happen to you.

This book was not written by someone with a firm mastery of the English language. When you add to that how he tries to use an NLP technique in the text where he's explaining that same technique to you, it makes this book a complete pain to read. (It's a somewhat novel idea, but it's not at all a well executed one.)

That's really all I have to say about this book. It's poorly written. A pain to read.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2012 8:00 AM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars do your research, first!, May 22, 2005
Before you consider buying anything from New Wave, go to some online forums and ask around about them. Almost certainly, you will hear many negative tales. I would recount my personal experiences with these people, but it wouldn't be good for my blood pressure. Suffice it to say, my order wasn't fulfilled for many months, they didn't reply to my emails, and I feel that they lied to me when I finally called them long distance on my own dime. Their site looks nice and like they have lots of products in stock... but don't let that fool you! Don't say I didn't warn you!