Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Bob Yoho > Reviews

Browse

Bob Yoho's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bob Yoho RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
People Parts
People Parts
Price: $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done!, November 5, 2014
This review is from: People Parts (Kindle Edition)
As the second published effort of David Boice, PEOPLE PARTS was another book I was happy to share with my grandchildren. In fact, one of them was even able to use the book to complete a preschool assignment.

Mr. Boice is an excellent writer in the children's genre. No doubt there will be more good books to follow!

An Unfulfilled Dream, My Failure, or His Will?: The Story of an Assistant Pro Football Coach : Paul Lanham
by Mark Martin
12 used & new from $18.16

4.0 out of 5 stars No Good Deed Goes Unpunished, August 4, 2014
Mark Martin has written an informative and interesting book about Paul Lanham, a talented football coach who consistently climbed the ranks of his profession but never quite reached his dream of being an NFL head coach.

As you read the book, you begin to feel sorry for Mr. Lanham.

An excellent and well-respected assistant coach, Lanham's life and career are untarnished. His character and loyalty were impeccable. But none of it would be enough.

There would be no dramatic Hollywood ending for this good man's life.

Perhaps most remarkable of all is this man's kind-hearted and humble acceptance of his lot in life. Perhaps that is what makes this story and this man truly special.

Cain's Blood: A Novel
Cain's Blood: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Done!, May 17, 2014
Although Cain’s Blood isn’t the kind of thing I would normally read, I purchased this book after meeting Geoffrey Girard at a book festival in Columbus, Ohio.

Cloning the world’s most notorious serial killers, along with the debate over whether killers are born, not made, the premise of the book was superb. The writing was dark, but extremely well done.

In fact, the book wasn’t only a compelling read; I also found it informative on a number of items in science and history. I would recommend it to anyone who favors the work of Stephen King or other greats in the genre.

Pittsburgh Steelers Franco Harris Premier Throwback Reebok Black Jersey XL (XL)
Pittsburgh Steelers Franco Harris Premier Throwback Reebok Black Jersey XL (XL)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth The Money, February 9, 2014
The jersey was much better than advertised. Despite the fact that I thought the price was rather high, I was extremely pleased with the product I received.

Breakdown at Clear River
Breakdown at Clear River
Price: $9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Mystery and College Football, A Good Team, February 9, 2014
Eliot Parker has penned a heck of a good story in "Breakdown at Clear River." Not only is it a compelling mystery, it also gives you a rich flavor of small college football. Parker's passion for the topic can be seen on every page.

After reading the book in a couple evenings, I am also looking forward to his next offering.

Flint
Flint
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The One Book Inspired a Future Author, December 9, 2013
This review is from: Flint (Kindle Edition)
As a Western author myself, I can say that this was the first Louis L'Amour book that I ever read. The story immediately grabbed my attention and held it until the end, forever creating in me a love for the genre. And having read nearly all of his books, I would still have to call this one my favorite.

GOOD TIDINGS and GREAT JOY protecting the heart of christmas
GOOD TIDINGS and GREAT JOY protecting the heart of christmas
by Sarah Palin
14 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Putting Christ Back Into Christmas, November 19, 2013
As an author myself, I thoroughly enjoyed Sarah Palin's latest book.

In GOOD TIDINGS, Sarah shares with all of us her love and appreciation for the Christmas season and her personal and touching memories of faith, family, and food in the rugged frontier of Alaska..

Sarah reminds us that Christmas IS under attack in America.

With the very best spirit of good will toward men, Palin boldly defends the spirit of Christmas.

And perhaps best of all, Sarah unapologetically tells us of Christ and her personal love for the Savior, the One who made the season possible.

It is certainly refreshing to hear a political figure, someone who has been so viciously attacked, but still maintains such a remarkable sense of good cheer and refuses to give in to the mindless, heartless, and soul-less calls for political correctness, which seeks to rob us of our finest Christmas traditions.

I heartily recommend Sarah Palin’s book to everyone.

Merry Christmas! And may God bless us all, every one!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2013 5:34 PM PST

Rocket Ship Trip
Rocket Ship Trip
by Mr. David M. Boice
Price: $9.99
14 used & new from $6.72

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Children's Book!, July 18, 2013
This review is from: Rocket Ship Trip (Paperback)
As a husband and a grandfather, I've often had occasion to read dozens of books to young people. Many of these books are little more than a depository of bad rhymes, scarcely worth the time you took to read them or the money you paid to purchase them.

ROCKET SHIP TRIP is not only an entertaining read for kids; the book is also educational, something relatively rare in a children's book.

In addition, I was also impressed with the author's illustrations, which I thought were particularly well-done. The pictures are both age-appropriate and brilliant in their simplicity.

I am especially looking forward to sharing Mr. Boice's first book with my own grandchildren.

Moreover, I think this talented, young author clearly has a bright future in the world of children's publishing.

Shrapnel
Shrapnel
by Marie Manilla
Price: $26.00
14 used & new from $26.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Compelling Read, June 17, 2013
This review is from: Shrapnel (Hardcover)
In Marie Manilla's SHRAPNEL, Bing Butler is an aging WWII veteran who, after the death of his beloved wife, is forced to move from Texas to his daughter's home in West Virginia.

Forced to deal with his wife's death and the culture shock of his move, Bing reminds me of the stoic, older men who greatly influenced me as a child. I loved them all. No matter how cranky they might seem at times, their hearts were good. Therefore, Manilla does an outstanding job of getting inside the head of a proud, opinionated, aging war veteran, which was perhaps the thing I liked best about her book.

The only real criticisms I had for the book were her insistence on using the word "chaw" in reference to snuff, a phrase that would be more accurately described as a "dip" or a "rub." Also, there were the author's references to the man's "bum." And having known a great many Texans and even more West Virginians, I can't think of a single one of them who would refer to it, in polite conversation, as anything other than "butt," "rump," or "backside."

However, these are only minor criticisms. Manilla is one heck of a good writer, giving us a brilliantly well-drawn, Bing Butler, a character who we've learned to both care about and respect.

And what more could you possibly want from an author?

The Shadow Militia: The Golden Horde Advances (The Thousand Year Night)
The Shadow Militia: The Golden Horde Advances (The Thousand Year Night)
by Skip Coryell
Price: $12.96
24 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Skip's Best Book Ever!, February 4, 2013
I believe The Shadow Militia is without question Skip Coryell's greatest book ever!

Faced with a soon-approaching threat to their city, Gen. Rodney Branch must try to transform a ragtag band of civilians into an elite fighting force. Along the way, we discover the crazy uncle is really a combination of Robert E. Lee, George Patton, and the A-Team's Hannibal Smith

This book grabs you and doesn't let you go. I can't wait for the final book of the series!

Page: 1 | 2