Profile for J. Thompson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Thompson RSS Feed (Conshohocken, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Fruit Of The Loom Boxer Briefs - 5 Pack (5BB761C)
Fruit Of The Loom Boxer Briefs - 5 Pack (5BB761C)
Price: $13.99 - $30.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!!!, May 25, 2014
I bought these because they supposedly wouldn't ride up. In order to try and keep them down, they manufactured these with kind of a twine sewn into the hem around the bottom of the boxer briefs. Initially, they do keep the legs down, but inevitably, they ride up, and the twine tightens around your thigh only making it more difficult to pull them down. These have turned into the boxer briefs that I avoid until all of my others have been used. Also, these boxer briefs are strangely rough and not very soft. This isn't something I would usually care about, but these are noticeably rough. Complete waste of money, I might even just throw these away.

NEW Fruit of the Loom Men's 7pk Super Value Assorted Color Boxer Briefs
NEW Fruit of the Loom Men's 7pk Super Value Assorted Color Boxer Briefs
Price: $18.99 - $27.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all costs, May 18, 2014

Hurley Men's BP Warp Boardshort, Firework Orange, 36
Hurley Men's BP Warp Boardshort, Firework Orange, 36
Price: $65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts, just buy them smaller than your usual size, March 12, 2014
This shorts are great. The colors are solid, the fabric is smooth, the style is nice, and they're short, but not too short. My only advice is to buy them a little small. I usually wear 34 size dress pants or jeans. I bought these in size 33, and they were too big. They fit "true" to size, but with no "stretch", even the the drawstrings pulled all the way tight, they still sat loose around my waist. This means they weren't very snug and so they hung a little low meaning that there would be a chance of my crack showing, or a chance of them going a little too low in the front than I'm comfortable wearing in public. I ordered a size 32 and couldn't be happier.

[+Screen Protector] [NEXUS 5 TEXTURE] Spigen Google Nexus 5 Case Slim [Ultra Fit] Premium *Japanese* Screen Protector Included + Premium Matte Hard Case for Nexus 5 - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Smooth White (SGP10561)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but needs improvement, November 6, 2013
Overall this case is pretty good. It is ever so slightly bulkier than I was hoping, but not really a problem at all or worth me mentioning. Most people will agree that it's really thin. It's also a really nice bright white. A much more "true white" than the back of my Nexus 5.

The main reason I deducted 2 stars is because of the sharp edges. I typically use my phone with one hand, using my pinky at the bottom, my other 3 fingers holding the back, and I navigate the phone with my thumb. The bottom cut out of this phone was cut too sharp and makes the phone really uncomfortable to hold with one hand.

It's a pretty big design flaw and SPIGEN needs to look into resolving this immediately. I may look into returning this case but I'm not sure it's worth the time and effort. I will be checking reviews of the RINGKE case and maybe getting that. That said, I don't hold anything against SPIGEN. Part of the reason I got SPIGEN is because RINGKE took 3 revisions to get their nexus 4 case right. Oh well...

[HD CLARITY] Invisible Defender - Nexus 5 Screen Protector Premium HD Crystal Clear Film with [3 PACK/Lifetime Replacement Warranty] High Definition Clarity Film The World's Best Selling Premium EXTREME CLEAR Screen Protector for Google Nexus 5
Offered by Rearth
Price: $18.00
3 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, November 6, 2013
This fit my nexus 5 perfectly. It also has cutouts for the camera and sensors along with the earpiece of course. Some might think this means it lacks protection, but I prefer it this way because some sensors have had trouble with sensing when talking on the phone and keeping the screen on. I patiently and precisely placed it on my phone and it fits perfectly on all 4 sides. No rainbows, not one bubble, no wet application, perfectly clear, and no peeling on the outer edges. The only negative is that it's not very sticky when you first apply it, that when you pell off the back, the entire film will want to come off the phone. Not a big deal though, just be careful.

Pro tip:
If you have dust specs under the screen, make 2 circles with scotch tape, sticky side facing out, and put them on the tips of your index fingers. Use one finger to peel the film off from the corner and use the other to pick the dust out. You want to peel the screen off with tape rather than a finger nail. Using a finger nail can chip the edge and increase the chance that you will damage/deform the edge and the screen will not correctly apply to that corner. Also, if you peel it off with you finger, you may accidentally put your finger on the inside of the film to hold if off of the screen which could leave a fingerprint or dust.

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
Price: $128.10
75 used & new from $96.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as they say, June 20, 2013
These headphones are excellent and are really showing me just how good a pair of headphones can be. I don't see a reason to pay more for a pair of headphones than these unless you just really really want higher build quality or a detatchable cord. Otherwise, these headphones are top of the line.

Saucony Men's Progrid Guide 5 Running Shoe,Grey/Black/Yellow,11.5 M US
Saucony Men's Progrid Guide 5 Running Shoe,Grey/Black/Yellow,11.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 20, 2013
I bought these after my pair of asics were stolen. I'm almost happy they were stolen because these shoes are amazing. The pair of asics were in a similar price range and were also support shoes for people who over pronate. These shoes are light and with the small offset, they have a much more "natural" type of ride although they aren't that smooth and cushiony like some other shoes.

Audio Technica ATH-T400 Closed-Back Dynamic Monitor Headphones with 53mm Driver
Audio Technica ATH-T400 Closed-Back Dynamic Monitor Headphones with 53mm Driver
Price: $61.24
33 used & new from $32.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price, June 20, 2013
These headphones don't really feel that sturdy and don't have really good sound quality even for this price range. The sound is muddled and sounds weak. Treble is muddled and bass is all over the place. I returned them.

Update: In the end, I went with the ATH-M50's. They are more expensive but sound pretty good with all types of music. If you want a cheap pair of headphones (~$60) that are good for hip hop, get something from the Sony MDR-XB series, if u want cheap headphones that are good with acoustic music or certain types of rock, most sennheiser headphones will do you well. For the record, I broke the T-400's in for a week hoping that would help before deciding to return them.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2014 8:12 PM PST

Pro EX Controller for PS3
Pro EX Controller for PS3
Offered by bedford power
Price: $16.95
42 used & new from $10.21

4.0 out of 5 stars No dead zone for me, but lower accuracy, June 20, 2013
I was worried about getting this controller after seeing all of the negative feedback about the deadzone, but at $13 with 2-day shipping from amazon prime, I couldn't not get it. I'm an xbox 360 user and only got a ps3 a month ago to play through some of the exclusives to get a sense of the backstory of these games before I play their sequels on ps4. I hate that the ps3 ds3 controller has it's joysticks so close. My thumbs constantly bump into each other. Also, the ds3 controller feels really smal and only my middle finger and ring finger can grab the controller and my pinky kind of hangs in the wind all alone.

Anyway...to the point, this controller is better than I expected. I don't get a deadzone, but the joysticks do have a smaller range than the ps3 controller joysticks so they're less accurate. My only complaint really with this controller is that it's almost to big. It is ever so slightly bigger than the xbox 360 controller. The joysticks are a bit of a stretch to get to especially with your index finger on the trigger at the same time.

Skagen Titanium Mesh Charcoal Mens Watch 696XLTTM
Skagen Titanium Mesh Charcoal Mens Watch 696XLTTM

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, January 30, 2013
Item not as described. I received the "Titanium Grey" version, where the inner/outer circles in the watch are both a grewy color. The "Charcoal" version described on the website has a light grey outer circle and a very dark grey inner circle. I tried to exchange the item but was not able to because Amazon's return system said that different colors aren't available. Didn't bother returning it because it doesn't look that bad. Could've been had for cheaper if I just ordered it from somewhere that advertised it as Titanium Grey. This seller is basically advertising it as a special color and charging a premium when they are shipping the Titanium Grey version.

On another note, I was worried about it being too big. It fits ok on my 7.5" wrists, but if you have smaller wrists, I would look elsewhere.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2013 11:39 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4