Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Katrina > Reviews

Browse

Katrina's Profile

Customer Reviews: 243
Helpful Votes: 1917

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Katrina RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Jinhuanshow Women's Low Cut Floral Printed Summer Above Knee Dresses
Jinhuanshow Women's Low Cut Floral Printed Summer Above Knee Dresses
Offered by JINHUANSHOW DRESS
Price: $39.98 - $49.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy surprise., July 17, 2016
I picked one of these up on Prime day and am very pleased with it. 36D breasts (DD depending on where I buy my bras), so most asian produced tops will never fit me. This is exactly the opposite. I ordered the medium. It is like this dress was made for me. I don't have to buy a super huge dress to accommodate the ladies! I get compliments when I wear it.

I am not sure how long it will last, but for the price, I am can't complain.

If I were to change one thing, I would want a less busy fabric; maybe even a solid color. Also, if you are short on filling for the top, consider a different dress... There are plenty of sun dresses I wish I could wear, but will just never work with my breasts .

Empty Metal Watercolour Box : will hold 12 Half Pans or 6 Full Pans : has fol...
Offered by Jacksons Art Supplies
Price: $18.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I expected, June 30, 2016
I picked this up for travel my travel painting kit. These are a fairly common box type and generally well liked in the art community.

The only complaints I have:
-I wish this had the 3 mixing areas in the lid - which I knew going in, this did not, but the fold out tray makes up for it.
-The thumb loop doesn't lay flat against the bottom of the case and I ended up taking it off. I would caution others to be careful if they remove it. When I removed it, I got a little to agressive and ended up putting a big scratch in the white surface under the pan holder. It is not too big of a deal as I don't anticipate using that area for mixing; there is ample mixing area in the box as it is.

I put my Cotman paints in here- it worked perfectly; as expected. For anyone who doesn't know already, this palette box can hold full and half pans in the holders, or you can take the pan tray out and just put them in loose in the case (or tape, glue, or put magnets on the pans). I am very happy with this palette box.

da Vinci Travel Series 1503 Maestro Watercolor Brush Set, Round Kolinsky Red Sable with Travel Case, 3 Brushes
Price: $76.71

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great deal! The size 10 brush alone costs over ..., June 16, 2016
Just ordered these. What a great deal! The size 10 brush alone costs over $100. Sure they are expensive for 3 brushes, but these brushes have a reputation for being worth it. They tend to last a long time when properly cared for. I can't wait to get these :) I'll update when they are received.

Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mice (7N9-00001)
Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mice (7N9-00001)
Price: $64.99
83 used & new from $29.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard is pretty good, I would pass on the mouse., May 11, 2016
Lets start by defining what this set is and is not: it is a set of devices that are designed to be aesthetically pleasing. It is designed to be minimalist. It is not designed to be ergonomic.

I liken the keyboard to the apple wireless keyboard; keys feel like a laptop and you can't adjust the angle of the keyboard unless you stack up stuff under the back of the keyboard.

I do like the design of these. They are good looking devices and have an interesting magnetic battery compartment. If sleek and minimalist is what you are going for in your work space, these fit the bill.

These devices are plastic. I don't find this to be a major drawback, but some might have issues with it.

I have already stated, this set is not ergonomic. The mouse is especially awkward to use (unless you like the generally flat styles mouses like the apple magic mouse). My everyday mouse is the Microsoft Arc mouse (the older hinged one, not the one that bends). If you like the programmable back button on your mouse, you will find that you miss it on the microsoft designer set.

Pairing is where most people seem to have the biggest problem with this set. I also had issues. I am running Win 7 64 bit and have bluetooth on the computer. I had the most current BT4.0 drivers, but still ended up having to check the manufacturer's driver site for an additional driver. Even after installing a new driver, I was only able to get the keyboard to work consistently. The keyboard seems to work well and even when I start up my computer. The mouse, on the other hand, was less forgiving. No matter what I did, I could only SOMETIMES get the mouse to correctly pair. The computer could see it, but it wouldn't save the device or even stay connected after the pairing was complete. I am sure with more noodling around, I could probably get it connected, but for me, it isn't really worth it (I like my old Arc Mouse better). I bought the set with the intent of using just the keyboard, so it was not really a huge issue for me.

It seems that this set is intended for devices that use with Windows 8 or above, so keep that in mind when purchasing. I am using 7 and it generally works, but it is going to be most dependent on the Bluetooth drivers you have installed.

Pro-Tip: Look for used sets. A lot of people buy this keyboard thinking it will be easy to set up, then return it when they realize that you need bluetooth on your computer or you will have to buy a dongle. Currently, there are sets that are like new at 30% the suggested retail (half what they are actually selling for). Buy from Warehouse deals and the purchase is guaranteed by amazon (just like any new item that is sold by amazon). I think the deals that can be had on this set make it worth while for someone who is looking to try out the set, but not sure if it will play nice or if they will even like it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great eye protection that doesn't look terrible, April 26, 2016
I bought these sunglasses a couple years ago and they are still going strong. I primarily bought them for outdoor activities including aviation and desert sports. For me, having polarization was a necessity. These sunglasses also provide good protection for the whole field of vision. I also think these are great for driving.

While I did not buy these for fashion purposes, I think they do look ok on me (which is saying a lot since I think most sunglasses look terrible).

The only thing I do not like about these sunglasses is that the included case fell apart in less than a year; the liner popped out and the sticky plastic wrap on the case peeled up.

I highly recommend these glasses for ladies who need good, polarized eye protection. Also great if you like aviators, but find the standard size to be too huge on your face.

GoPro The Tool (Thumb Screw Wrench + Bottle Opener) (GoPro OFFICIAL ACCESSORY)
GoPro The Tool (Thumb Screw Wrench + Bottle Opener) (GoPro OFFICIAL ACCESSORY)
Price: Click here to see our price
8 used & new from $4.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a necessity, but definitely useful for those who want to secure mount screws, April 26, 2016
Ok, this is definitely not a necessary tool to have! That being said, it does what it is supposed to do - loosen and tighten the screws for the GoPro. I think the average user probably does not need any screws tightened more than hand tight, but for activities with a lot of vibration (like vehicle mounts), this could be useful in getting the most secure connection.

Assecure pro black 18 in 1 game cartridge holder storage system folio style case box for Nintendo 3DS, 2DS & DS game cards
Offered by ZedLabz UK (Delivery to US - 10 business days approx via USPS)
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solution to the dilemma of travelling with a selection of games, April 26, 2016
This a a good, sturdy case that works for DS and 3DS games. I have no problems with it and find it to be more sturdy that the game case 18 that club nintendo used to offer. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who is looking for a good way travel with a good selection of games with out a ton of boxes or loose cartridges.

Tomodachi Collection [Japan Import]
Tomodachi Collection [Japan Import]
Offered by Eitas Japan
Price: $27.38
145 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars It is OK if you speak and read Japanese and want to brush up your skills., April 26, 2016
This game is basically a non-3d version of Tomodachi life. I thought it would be good for brushing up on my Japanese. The reading is good, but the spoken voice is too robotic to be of much use. Overall, I think it is OK from a learning, provided you have some reading comprehension.

I would not recommend this for someone who just wants to play the game as the English version has better graphics and it is easier to play.

Nintendo Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + New 3DS Bundle
Nintendo Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + New 3DS Bundle
26 used & new from $239.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it better than the New 3DS XL, April 22, 2016
I bought a New 3DS XL a while back, but quickly learned that it was a little bulky for my liking and I was noticing that I was having a bit of fatigue in my hands and wrists. I really wanted the smaller device, but I didn't want to sacrifice the benefits of the new 3ds (better 3d and the C-nub). I was also excited about the interchangeable faceplates.

When I bought this device, it was the only North American option for a non-XL, so while I wasn't really into Animal Crossing, I was very into the smaller device, and since the faceplates are interchangeable, it wasn't a big deal to me (though I do wish that this bundle included the plain white plates as well).

I shopped around and found a great deal online where I got this bundle for under $180 on Jet, so this was really a no-brainer.

I do find that I still get some hand strain, not because of weight, but because of the way I hold the console; my hands are just slightly too big for long use comfort (typically, I get strain after about 1.5 hours of use).

The new 3D face tracking is a big step up from the original 3DS. The C-stick is not used for happy home designer, but has been useful in the handful of games that have C-stick functionality.

I like the layout of this console better. The cartridge in front design seems more ergonomic than the last 3DS, which had it in back where your fingers naturally lie.

Overall, I think the New 3DS is a wonderful, polished console. It is the perfect size for travel. The new features increase the options for game developers (ZL/ZR buttons, c-stick). The new 3D face tracking makes using 3D more immersive and less of a practice of patience. As for the Happy Home Designer, I don't really have any interest, but all of those components are interchangeable, and the game arrives as a code that can be given to someone who will actually use it (it is not locked to the device).

I have no regrets with my purchase of this console. If I had list any complaint is that the new 3DS consoles do not come with the power supply.

KeySmart Extended Key Holder (2-10 Keys, Teal)
KeySmart Extended Key Holder (2-10 Keys, Teal)
Offered by Galactics
Price: $23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The biggest concern I have about this is that it looks like a pocket knife/multi-tool, April 20, 2016
I picked one of these up on the recommendation of a family member. I carry a a bunch of keys for work and have a total of 12 keys on my keysmart (including my 2 house keys). I also added a Kingston thumb drive (which is handy to have just in case, but I may remove it since I so rarely use it). I ordered my key smart with the extension kit (this item alone will not accommodate all of my keys).

The biggest concern I have about this is that it looks like a pocket knife/multi-tool. While this shouldn't be an issue, the fact is, I work in an airport and will travel to other airports from time to time. I don't want to be carrying anything that is going to be considered suspicous. That being said, nobody has said anything to me when I do carry it and use it even post security in the airport. In the 2 weeks since I got this, I have been though 6 airports security lines and not once has it been flagged for additional screening.

It does take a little longer to fish out the key you need, but I don't access my keys all too often and I know which keys are which (even though many of them are the same shape and size). If you do need to constantly be pulling out keys, this could become inconvenient, especially if you have the screws really tight.

People ask me about this all the time and comment on what a great idea it is. I definitely find it handy and don't anticipate going back to a traditional key ring any time soon!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20