Profile for Mr. Bey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 829

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mr. Bey RSS Feed (Riverside, CT United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
My Paris Dream: An Education in Style, Slang, and Seduction in the Great City on the Seine
by Kate Betts
Price: $19.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Memoir, March 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book offers a rare glimpse into a world that many dream about, but few get to experience to the degree that Betts does. My problem with memoirs is often times the author chooses to reflect too much on what they want to write as opposed to what the audience wants to read. That was never the case with My Paris Dream.

The book is a treat to read. Betts takes you right into the action, creating a narrative that's well paced and informative. I don't know too much about the Paris fashion scene, but I didn't feel lost at all.

Fans of fashion and of Paris will get a kick out of this book. Betts does not disappoint. It appeals a wide demographic. Teens can appreciate the writing style while older readers will have an easier time relating. Overall a highly satisfying read.

Montana Decoy 0042 Spring Fling Hunting Decoy
Montana Decoy 0042 Spring Fling Hunting Decoy
Price: $27.99
7 used & new from $25.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, March 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The most important thing to mention about this product is that it's not really a 3D decoy. Putting it together is just like putting a tent together. It looks nice once you put it together, but I don't anyone expecting something that they're not going to get. The picture is a tad misleading.

This is a quality product for the price. I think the price is important to consider with something like this. A top notch decoy could run you a couple hundred bucks. This is much less. You're not going to get something that you'd be confused enough to shoot at, but it's a nice product.

If you're in the market for a decoy that won't break the bank, look no further. I like this turkey.

Irish Spring Signature Hydrating Bar Soap, 6oz, 3 Count
Irish Spring Signature Hydrating Bar Soap, 6oz, 3 Count
Price: $3.97
6 used & new from $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Smell, March 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Irish Spring products always smell great. I don't know what it is about them, but they smell so good I end up using more than I probably should. I suppose from their standpoint, this is a good thing.

These bars have a lot going for them. They're quality. The size is probably perfect. It's not too big and not too small. I wouldn't necessarily say that these soaps are good for washing your hands in the bathroom, but they could serve that purpose if you wanted them too. You can't really say that for every other type of soap.

It's hard to go wrong with these. The smell and functionality are wonderful. Overall a great product.

Braven Wireless HD Bluetooth Speaker - Retail Packaging - Black
Braven Wireless HD Bluetooth Speaker - Retail Packaging - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged and Loud, March 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This bluetooth speaker aims to set itself apart from the rest by being an outdoorsy kind of speaker. It looks rugged. It almost looks like a pair of binoculars at certain angles.

It's durable and built to withstand a punch. I thought of tossing it out my second story window to see if it would survive. I didn't, but I don't doubt it would've.

The water resistant part can be a little misleading. This can take a splash like it's nothing. I wouldn't take that to mean you should use it to DJ an underwater mermaid party though. Full immersion will make the sound appear a bit muted until you take it out and shake it a bit.

This is a great speaker for families who love camping, but also want the comforts of recorded music. It's loud and comes at a great price.

Belkin HDMI to 2x VGA Splitter Dongle (F2CD063tt)
Belkin HDMI to 2x VGA Splitter Dongle (F2CD063tt)
Offered by Limited Goods
Price: Click here to see our price
5 used & new from $50.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, March 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unlike many of the reviews, which are a bit dated being months old, this product does work. I've found myself a little bit puzzled as to how many computers/monitors still require the VGA technology, which is also quite dated. But that's besides the point.

This works. It's easy to set up and I found no issue with the quality of the connection. The one thing I want to point out is that it looks durable. With VGA, this can be an issue as the design of the ports tend to wear themselves out after awhile. It's not like these things are that cheap to replace either.

If this is what you're looking for technology wise, this splitter will suit your needs. I'd do my homework though as this product is becoming less and less necessary.

I Am Princess X
I Am Princess X
by Cherie Priest
Price: $14.17

2.0 out of 5 stars What a Mess!, March 19, 2015
This review is from: I Am Princess X (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I should begin this by saying that my ARC does not have the illustrations, which makes this a difficult work to review. I can only base my rating off the writing, which is simply not very good. I'm not sure how much the illustrations would have helped.

This is a mess of a story. The dialogue is terrible and the writing just isn't very good. The fact that this is Priest's first work catering to a YA audience is noteworthy. I don't think she really understands what it means to craft a YA work. It looks like she took an idea and tried to dumb it down. Which succeeded, but the result isn't very interesting.

Her fans will likely get more enjoyment out of this that I did. It's hard to really recommend this spotty and inconsistent book. Maybe the illustrations will help, but it's just not interesting.

Vaseline Intensive Care Healing Serum, Advance Relief 6.8 oz
Vaseline Intensive Care Healing Serum, Advance Relief 6.8 oz
Price: $7.99
4 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, but Potent, March 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a bit of a mixed bag. It works great. My skin often feels dry because of chlorine from swimming. It works great making my skin feel even better than before.

The problem is that it has a very potent smell. It smells like laundry detergent or another type of household cleaner. It's not exactly a smell that goes away quickly either. It sticks with you and makes it hard to forget that you've got this stuff on your skin.

Which will be a deal breaker for people who don't like the smell. There's no way around it. This is a great product, but it isn't really a great smelling product.

Melissa & Doug Press-a-Pendant Necklaces
Melissa & Doug Press-a-Pendant Necklaces
Price: $9.99
12 used & new from $8.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Playdates, March 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These necklaces are the perfect thing to have lying around for children's playdates that might need a little oomph of fun. They're colorful, neat, and don't cost a ton of money. They're pretty high quality too.

I wouldn't buy them for children over the age of ten or so, unless they really liked crafts. They're fun to put together and should take up a fair amount of time. Another plus is that the necklaces are actually something that can be worn. They're not entirely costume jewelry, though they obviously serve that purpose quite well.

I would definitely give this product a try if you're looking for something for your kids to do. If anything, it's something fun that doesn't involve a computer screen. Your kids will definitely get a kick out of it.

Dickies Men's Cordura Insulated Coat, Black, X-Large
Dickies Men's Cordura Insulated Coat, Black, X-Large
Price: $90.98
4 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This jacket is WARM, March 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not sure how big that man in the picture is, but I just want to be clear. This coat is big. If you're somewhere in between a large and an extra-large, you probably want to go for the large. Unless you want to wear something under it.

Problem with layering is that this coat is so warm already. It's a big heavy thing that keep you all nice and toasty. It's high quality too. This is the sort of coat you'd want to wear outside for heavy outdoors work. It's very well made and looks like it can withstand both the weather and the difficulties of manual labor.

Aesthetically, it looks nice. I wouldn't wear it out on a date, unless it was for a Arctic picnic. It certainly isn't ugly.

This is a great value and a really quality item to get to withstand cold winds. I was really impressed with it.

Disney Princess Twirling Skirt Cinderella Doll
Disney Princess Twirling Skirt Cinderella Doll
Price: $17.59
45 used & new from $14.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Made, March 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This toy is undoubtedly meant to capitalize on the upcoming Cinderella movie. I don't doubt many little children will flock to this toy in the store in the upcoming weeks. Fortunately for parents, you're not being ripped off.

It's fun. The twirling adds a nice touch beyond what you'd typically expect from a Barbie doll. Which is this toy's best comparison.

This is a quality doll. I'd say it's probably geared more toward little children, but fans of Disney will get a kick out of this. It's not too expensive and looks like it can handle a bit of wear and tear.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20