Profile for Mr. Bey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 735

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mr. Bey RSS Feed (Riverside, CT United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Queen of the Tearling: A Novel (Queen of the Tearling, The)
The Queen of the Tearling: A Novel (Queen of the Tearling, The)
by Erika Johansen
Price: $17.07
65 used & new from $11.57

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book With Big Ambitions that Delivers, August 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I found myself trying to ignore many outside factors as I read this book. Fantasy books like this are all the rave lately. This book has been commissioned into a movie starring Emma Watson. It could be a big thing in a few years. Couple that with the difficulties of first books to set up the series as well as draw in the readers and The Queen of the Tearling has a lot on its plate.

It manages to balance that quite well. It builds up Kelsea quite well and why you should care about her. It doesn't focus too heavily on creating the world or secondary characters. First books can get slogged down with all that stuff and I was glad to see that this book wasn't afraid to leave some details out there in favor of some action scenes that would really get people invested. It covers all the bases it needs to.

As for the writing, it's pretty sound. Johansen knows what she's doing and her style is suitable for both younger readers and adults. There's some slower parts that may not have needed to be that way, but that's true of practically every fantasy book around.

This is an exciting first novel in a series with high ambition. It might not be the most innovative thing around, but it's definitely something worth reading if you're into fantasy.

C. Carnahan Forged Wedges (Right-Handed, 56-Degree )
C. Carnahan Forged Wedges (Right-Handed, 56-Degree )
Price: $79.95
2 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Heavier Wedge, But That's a Good Thing, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like that this wedge is heavy. When you're stuck in a bunker, you need a wedge that can get you out of a jam. Personally, my golf game is a tad aggressive so I like to have something that packs a little extra oomph. This wedge delivers.

This club has many of the features that make Carnahans such great products. I loved the grip and feel of this club. It's has a certain look that draws the admiration of fellow golfers to it. Certainly a beautifully designed club.

The club is a tremendous value for the price. Smaller golfers might not like the added weight, but this is a club you'll want to have in your bag for times when you really need it. Trust me, they'll come.

Pinemeadow Golf Site 2 Putter, Right Hand, 34-Inch
Pinemeadow Golf Site 2 Putter, Right Hand, 34-Inch
Price: $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for a Putter, Really Enjoy It, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't really like heavy putters since I have a fair amount of upper body strength. This putter is great for me because it's not too heavy, but not too light. After using it a bunch of times, I've found that it can really serve as an extension of my own arm.

The other features are nice. The grip isn't perfect, but the price of this putter certainly validates that. This isn't priced like a luxurious golf club and it would be unfair to expect that.

It is however, a great putter that should serve as a very adequate piece to any set. It's not fancy, but it gets the job done. I've enjoyed using it in the games I've played.

StriVectin SD Advanced Intensive Concentrate for Wrinkles and Stretch Marks, 4.5 fl oz.
Price: $139.00
3 used & new from $139.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I suppose my review needs to be taken contextually. To meet the standards of the Vine program, I had to review this in 30 days. That's a little less than what should be expected for full, noticeable results, but I certainly did use this as advised to some positive results.

This product does work. It reduces wrinkles and stretch marks gradually. I felt that massaging the cream onto my skin really made a difference. It took about two weeks before I noticed any changes, but they were there.

This product is pricey and probably varies in effectiveness depending on skin tone. But the question you're probably asking yourself right now is whether or not this works. The simple answer is yes. It's excellent at getting undesirable marks to fade. I was very pleased with the results.

Adam
Adam
by Ariel Schrag
Price: $11.18
52 used & new from $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally Charming Story, August 1, 2014
This review is from: Adam (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was worried that this book would basically be another Perks of Being a Wallflower. The description lends itself to that train of thought. Fortunately, Schrag brings a fresh perspective to a genre that often neglects to shed new light.

Adam is a good balanced protagonist. He's identifiable, but he's not the sort of character that's nothing but an audience surrogate. He's smart and witty and the story is backed by exceptional writing.

Adam is a refreshing read. I loved its frank approach to exploring its source material and found it to be quite charming.

Further Out Than You Thought: A Novel
Further Out Than You Thought: A Novel
by Michaela Carter
Price: $10.25
42 used & new from $1.20

1.0 out of 5 stars Bunch of Generic Bits Thrown Together, August 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried to consider whether or not I was being fair with my expectations for this book. The 1992 L.A. riots were certainly an interesting catalyst to draw readers in. The problem is that the book needs to be more than a study on a time period that wasn't that long ago.

And it isn't. Unlikable characters are taken through the motions in writing that tries to be something that it isn't. I don't doubt that Carter had big ambitions with this book. I'm just not sure that she was particularly grounded with her story at all.

This book is a bunch of cliches. It's only 300 pages, but it's still too long to be enjoyable. I wanted to like this book. I just couldn't.

Fekkai Full Blown Volume Conditioner 8 Fl Oz
Fekkai Full Blown Volume Conditioner 8 Fl Oz
Price: $17.83
20 used & new from $13.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a Mixed Bag, July 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wanted to like this conditioner more than I did. I have long hair and found that while this conditioned reasonably well, it didn't exactly give me the results that would made it stand out from the rest. Further more, it costs more than most conditioners.

It also smells sort of odd. I wouldn't say the smell is a deal breaker, but it also doesn't make me want to go out and buy more of it. I found it odd that the conditioner instructs you to stay away from the scalp, but I didn't have any problems there.

This is a fine conditioner. It's not great and I don't think it really enhanced my volume in any way, but there's certainly worse products out there. There's also better ones.

AmazonBasics Lightning Car Charger for iPhone, iPad and iPod (2.1 Amp Output) - Apple certified
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Affordable Charger, July 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Car chargers can be quite overpriced and if you try to skimp on spending, you often end up with an inferior product. That's where this product excels. It carries Amazon's reputation for quality while at the same time offers an affordable option to other car chargers. I've been very impressed with the way this has charged my phone.

It charges reasonably fast. I wouldn't say that any car charger works particularly quick, but it's effective. It doesn't have much of a reach so depending on where your cigarette lighter is, this could be a problem. Though you're not supposed to be using this while driving anyway.

This product is an affordable way to charge your phone on the go. I was very impressed with it.

Samson AirLine Micro Earset Wireless System (Channel N3)
Samson AirLine Micro Earset Wireless System (Channel N3)
Offered by That Music Store
Price: $228.99
22 used & new from $225.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great for Fitness Classes, July 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used this microphone while I was teaching a yoga class. It was a fairly large room which I normally don't use anything for since my voice can project, but I wanted to give this a try. After using it both while teaching and at home to test the way the sound carries, I can definitely say that I was pleased with the results.

The ear piece is comfortable and it fits snuggly. I wouldn't recommend doing many inversions with it in, but it'll probably hold. The microphone stays in a nice spot on my face and I didn't experience any need to adjust it.

I haven't really needed to test it's full battery life, but I haven't had any problems with it so far. It projects and withstood the full 90 minutes of teaching.

I've you're looking for an affordable wireless system, I'd recommend giving this one a try. I was really pleased with it.

Dell Inspiron i3541-2001BLK 15.6-Inch Laptop
Dell Inspiron i3541-2001BLK 15.6-Inch Laptop
Price: $399.99
3 used & new from $356.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Reasonably Priced Laptop, July 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The price of this laptop matters greatly to its evaluation. This isn't a product that's going to turn heads with it's performance. I found the laptop to be quite slow to boot up, which may prove problematic to people looking for a good computer to use on the go.

But that overlooks the key aspect of this computer. It's a durable and consistent computer that does what you need it to do. I've found that it handles all the current Windows software quite well. Slow, yes, but it works.

The only real problem I had with the aesthetics was the keyboard. It doesn't really need the extra numbers keys to the right. The result is that your hands after far left of center of the keyboard and that does feel a bit awkward.

This is a four hundred dollar laptop that works well. It's not flashy, but it gets the job done. I'm not sure what else you could expect.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20