Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Galaxy S6 Edge Case, Spigen [CURVED BUMPER] Neo Hybrid Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - Satin Silver (SGP11420)
3 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The [W]hole Truth, May 22, 2015
I see there's already plenty of detailed reviews. So I'll just briefly agree that it fits perfectly, the buttons work every time and don't feel "cheap", and it feels even better and is easier to hold than the phone by itself. It's also easy to get in and out of as needed, although I suggest being careful not to trigger multiple buttons simultaneously (either with your hands while holding or with the case while inserting), which could potentially pull up the OS restart/reset screen. This has happened to me, but thankfully I didn't inadvertently initiate a factory reset.

My only other complaint is that after about a month of use, the very slim sliver of case going around the charging port cracked on mine, presumably from charger port pressures. Rather than trying to glue it back I just snapped it off at the other end too and it's fine; no burrs or ugly appearance. So even though technically it broke, I don't believe the integrity of the case or its ability to protect my phone has been lessened at all. It's also possible that it's mostly my mistake by plugging in the charger without the phone being fully submersed in the case. I mention it here as more of a weak spot to watch for, not a glaring defect in design.

So that's the only reason I give it 4 stars, but I'd still heartily recommend it for anyone. Overall it still might even be my favorite phone case I've had so far.

IQ Shield LiQuidSkin - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Screen Protector + Full Body (Complete Front & Back Coverage) with Lifetime Replacement Warranty - High Definition (HD) Ultra Clear Smart Film - Premium Protective Screen Guard - Extremely Smooth / Self-Healing / Bubble-Free Shield - Frustration-Free Retail Packaging
Offered by IQ Shield
2 used & new from $7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the edge screen perfectly!, May 9, 2015
This really is just about perfect. I really only needed the main screen protector, but it's nice that it includes the back and sides too. Although it's not exactly clear where some of the very small side pieces go; no installation diagram was included, but that's a very minor gripe.

The texture and appearance of the main screen protector is nearly flawless after drying. Without prior knowledge, one might not even know it was there. The wet application takes a bit more preparation and effort than the typical peel and stick protectors, but the results are worth it. The only other thing I'd warn about is to not use the squeegee board that's included, as it has sharp corners that are liable to catch and gouge when using. Use a credit card or something else with rounded corners instead.

Google Cardboard 45mm Focal Length Virtual Reality Google Cardboard
Google Cardboard 45mm Focal Length Virtual Reality Google Cardboard
Offered by Planetz Tech
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, May 9, 2015
Works surprisingly well!

caseen Universal Tablet Case Cover 7" - 8" Inch (Brown/Black) *NEW Version Indestructible TPU Clip* [Rotating Multi-Angle Stand Folio] for Android, Apple iPad Mini, Windows, Dell Venue, Verizon Ellipsis, Acer Iconia, Ainol, Allwinner, Ematic, Kurio, Hisense, ASUS MeMO, HP, Lenovo Ideapad, Nextbook, Nook, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Archos, AGPtek, Xelio, Alcatel, Linsay - TERRA Wallet 360
Offered by Craezon
Price: $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, July 16, 2014
It looks good, and functions well enough, yet one of the securing corners broke within 2 months of rather light use. Thought we could slide by with just the remaining 3 and did for about a week, then another one broke. I'd keep looking.

23 Inch Natural Acoustic Toy Guitar for Kids - & DirectlyCheap(TM) Translucent Blue Medium Guitar Pick
Offered by Donn K
Price: $23.95
2 used & new from $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars From an actual guitar player dad, July 16, 2014
This is a toy, not a functioning instrument. Being that I play guitar, naturally my 2 year old son wanted to imitate me, so we got this for him about 3 months ago. I've tried keeping it in tune, but the tuners do not hold tension well enough. I also tried repeatedly tuning the strings to an open tuning, where a strum would automatically make a chord or at least more harmonious sound, but that never held either. Nevertheless, my son still loved it. We gave this to him in April and the bridge (the plate that holds the strings to the body) just separated from the top this week (mid July). So it lasted about 3 months of heavy use (and abuse) of a toddler. Some might scoff at the quality and pass, but given the price, I'd say we got our money's worth for sure. Even though it ultimately broke, he loved it so much we'll end up buying another one.

So for the really younger kids (1 1/2 - 4) that just need something to dance with and "play", this is a perfect option. If you're looking for something to express and develop their musical ability, you should look into actual instruments. Again this is a toy, and as such is a good option at this price.

GOgroove audiOHM Ergonomic Earbuds
GOgroove audiOHM Ergonomic Earbuds
Offered by 2nd Street Electronics
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice deal, February 23, 2014
I use these daily at work for both music and podcasts. Provided you use the tips that fit your ears, they are comfortable to wear for hours. The proper fit also contributes to a noise isolation effect (not cancelling mind you, which takes active processing), making your music sound better by not having to compete as much with outside noise. So even some quiet music in a noisy environment will help you focused and not distracted.

But much is true with any headphones. What I like about these is the sound quality. I'm a musician so I know good sound, and these have them. Lows are well represented, which I like. I've bought countless pairs of earbuds from box stores over the years, some costing less, some costing more, but none have been as good as these.

The only bad thing about them is the rubbery feel of the cords seems to make them especially prone to tangling. This is annoying, but doesn't really take much of anything from the listening experience, which is their ultimate purpose. Should the need arise, I'd definitely buy these again.

Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition, PS3
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition, PS3
Offered by Isomergames
Price: $16.22
191 used & new from $5.41

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-own, February 23, 2014
The combat is fun, the story and voice-overs are top-notch, the stealth tactics are great, and several characters to play as. One of the best games I've ever played. The first of this series (Asylum) was great too - if you haven't played either, it's worth playing as well. However this one is better in every regard, imo (so I wouldn't recommend buying this one and then going back to play the first).

Pro Elite Wireless Controller for PS3
Pro Elite Wireless Controller for PS3
3 used & new from $12.30

4.0 out of 5 stars For the money, it does well., February 23, 2014
I bought one of these based off the favorable ratings/reviews and price point, and ended up having to return it because the battery wouldn't hold any charge. Worked fine plugged in, but went dead unplugged. I returned it and being that there currently aren't many alternatives for the same price, ordered another one. This one works as it's supposed to. And sure, the sensitivity isn't a fine as a Sony, but I'm mainly using it for two-player games.

So I'd say for the money, this is a good enough controller to have, but overall not as good as the real thing.

UNCHARTED Greatest Hits Dual Pack
UNCHARTED Greatest Hits Dual Pack
109 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, in every regard, August 15, 2013
I won't go over every detail, but I'll just say that the story had my wife and friend interested enough that they wanted to know how it ended once I finished it (not in they're presence). I offered to let my friend play it one night and he said, "nah, I'm having fun just watching!"

But beyond the story, the world is well crafted and looks great, graphics-wise. I think some have mentioned the controls weren't that great, but I didn't have any problems with them and in fact, found them quite intuitive. It's fun to roll from cover to cover, popping shots as go along. And I love the mix of puzzles and battles. It leans more heavily towards the latter, but that's ok.

The Three Languages of Politics
The Three Languages of Politics
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, August 13, 2013
An insightful look at how people tend to frame political issues. It rang true especially with others, but for me as well. I finished it in two sittings. A great read! Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Econtalk.org recently did an interview with the author (how I heard about this book). I'd recommend that too.

Page: 1 | 2