Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Shuh > Reviews

Browse

Shuh's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shuh RSS Feed

Yesterdays Gone: Episode 12 (THE POST-APOCALYPTIC SERIAL THRILLER) (Yesterday's Gone)

5.0 out of 5 stars I started late, but have now caught up., February 17, 2012
Get the free first Episode, if you like it, you will find the rest to your liking. Now you get to buy it as a set Episode 1-6, and on Feb 21 Episode 7-12. The characters and story hold up well. Once I caught up, for the last 3 episodes I found myself waiting for Tuesday so I could see what happens next.

In some ways I found it like Lost. Characters, part believable, part not of this reality. The unreal parts are used to keep the story driving forward with mystery. The authors are walking a fine line between not jerking your chain too much with the unbelievable. Lost eventually lost me, because the authors could just make up anything to solve the current story problem. This series has not done that, yet. The authors are balancing this problem well. The problem they will face is different readers have different pain tolerances to having their reality played with a little too much and it moves into just crazy unbelievable, and then you loose the reader. This problem may come from that the story has to be constructed carefully using people's reality perception, and then create a story by adjusting the reality just so slightly a little bit at a time. However the elements must drive to a believable conclusion within the constructs of the reality distortion. If it makes sense in the end and it was a good read. But if the story elements were just a matter of dragging things out, to keep you coming back without "truth" to the conclusion, then it became just an exercise in self mental mutilation with a disappointing ending. Things have to make sense in the end. The other problem is the end has to occur.

So far I am with them, and wishing them every success with their story. I await summer. I will never look at hot fresh ashfalt the same way ever again.

For those who have read the series, have you noticed the noise that tires make on fresh ashfalt, maybe that is why they make the clicking noise that they do.

Beyond Armageddon
Beyond Armageddon
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fun to read., December 7, 2011
This review is from: Beyond Armageddon (Kindle Edition)
This book is just fun to read. Strong characters, a fantastic unbelievable science fiction story. I love my work, but now i regret having to go to work, because I have this story pulling at me. What is going to happen next? Many stories get burdened down with setting the scene, slowly moving the plot along, taking 50 or so pages before anything interesting happens. This book moves immediately, characters are built through the events as it should be. I am so excited that there are 3 more books in the series, and 1 more on the way. My holidays are now booked.

For me reading a book is by invitation into the authors world. If the words flow, comfortably off the page, and into my imagination creation machine so that you don't notice the writing, then the author has skill. This author has skill, which makes this unbelievable story work. After all it is science fiction.

CassaStar
CassaStar
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to see intelligent terrestials reviewing good works., October 30, 2011
This review is from: CassaStar (Kindle Edition)
I just want to add my voice to giving applause to a story very well done. Previous reviews have noticed all the positives I noticed while reading the book. I won't repeat them here.

The negatives, well lets not talk about that. Well just a little bit. I think they speak more to the ego of the reviewer rather than to to decisions of the author. I had no problems with the language or use of words. None constructive criticism makes the story about something else, and not the story.

Once the story captured me, it was read in basically a single sitting. I had no problems with the language or use of words. I am not a speed reader, I read every word, to embrace the full intentions of the author. Let the author take you where they want to go, it's their story. You are just along for the ride. I enjoyed the ride. The relationships are very well handled. This I consider what makes this work worth reading. Thank you Alex, well done.

Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes, and Black Women in America
Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes, and Black Women in America
by Melissa V. Harris-Perry
54 used & new from $5.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Black and White the keys, to the self known, and unknown., August 23, 2011
You will be changed if you read this book. If you cannot see yourself changing from an open discussion of color, race and sexism then please do not read this book, it will only make you angry. However if you have questions, an open mind to these topics, you will feel challenged as you read, being carefully guided through a difficult and at times emotional topic by a skilled professor.

I did not know what to expect when I purchaed the book, only a general interest, and respect for the author having seen her on MSNBC. She writes like she talks, articulate and careful to achieve mutual understanding. You will not be preached to and allowed to come to your own conclusions.

Be warned your soul will weep, be you white, black, or in between. You will come away at the end with a better understanding of yourself, and the community around you. You will come to understand the hidden truths to the behaviors on the surface. You cannot help but change for the better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2011 8:22 AM PDT