Profile for EngrPaul > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 135

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

EngrPaul "EngrPaul" RSS Feed (Pennsylvania)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
[Apple Mfi Certified] ZeroLemon® Lightning to USB Cable 10ft / 3m for Iphone 5s / 5c / 5, Ipad Air / Mini / Mini2, Ipad 4th Generation, Ipod 5th Generation, and Ipod Nano 7th Generation [2 Year Warranty] - Black
Offered by Bastexwireless - Authorized ZeroLemon Retailer
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ZeroLemon Lightning Cable - Using for my iPhone 5, September 13, 2014
This cable was received in a re-usable heavy-duty zip-lock package with clear front. Very professional packaging for a display rack and for storage. The UPC on the back is 4897010513394 and it is said to be made in China.

The only thing more rugged than the case is the cable! Wow, this is industrial quality, and surprisingly long. With heft and length comes some inconvenience for carry and storage. The wire is a bit rigid, requires more distance to make that first bend... I wonder if it becomes even more rigid in cold weather.

I examined both USB and Apple style terminations closely and found them to be of high workmanship. The molded ends are sturdy and the termination region where there is white epoxy around gold terminals looks the same as the Apple.

Each time I plug this cable into my iPhone 5 for data or for charging, it works the first time and feels snug yet smooth. I do not have any other Apple devices, so I cannot say how it works with other devices listed for use.

Now some measurements. The cable wire is 4mm diameter. The largest region of the Apple end is 11mm X 6mm and 21mm long. From there, the cable seems to want about 50mm worth of length to make a 90 degree bend without too much resistance.

If you want to insert the cable into your Apple, and you have a protective case installed, you may need to pull the case away to fit the cable. This is true of many aftermarket cables, not just this one. To check before purchase, measure to see if the opening is a larger than 11mm X 6mm.

I may return to update my review after continued use. At initial review, it has only been about 2 weeks.

The cable was provided to me free of charge for review by ZeroLemon. I am not affiliated with the company in any way nor do I receive compensation for my review.

NatureWise Ubiquinol with 100% Pure Kaneka QH, the Active Form of CoQ10, 100 mg, 120 Softgels
Price: $39.83
6 used & new from $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars NatureWise Ubiquinol - One of the few supplements I take daily for youthful health., September 6, 2014
I heard about the health benefits of ubiquinol, especially the active form, from a certain doctor on TV. I do not generally use supplements but felt this is an important one to increase my energy and general youthful health. I have been using it for the better part of a year and do not have any side effects. I think it is working for me, but can't prove it by any measure. I am a runner and need to keep my stamina up despite a slow heart and low blood pressure. I maintain a high protein diet with plenty of healthy fats, low sugar & carbs, and very little processed food.

The NatureWise brand is a consistent value from Amazon with the 120 count bottle. It always arrives in a sealed box with professional graphics including the Kaneka QH logo. I feel really good about the quality of this product.

Nature's Path Qi'a Chia Buckwheat and Hemp Cereal, Original, 7.9-Ounce
Nature's Path Qi'a Chia Buckwheat and Hemp Cereal, Original, 7.9-Ounce
Price: $8.72
15 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Costly but healthy, March 22, 2014
I buy the "original" version because I want no added sugar.

I add unsweetened soy milk, a couple broken up walnuts, and fresh blueberries for a healthy breakfast that I look forward to.

SUPER STUBBY 2" STUBBIE STUBBY SHORT BILLET ANTENNA HONDA S2000 2005 05
SUPER STUBBY 2" STUBBIE STUBBY SHORT BILLET ANTENNA HONDA S2000 2005 05
Offered by AWD Motorsports
Price: $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works nice on Honda S2000, March 22, 2014
Good substitute for the original S2000 - if solid and shorter is what you want.

There is no logo or writing on the antenna- it's just shiny black and plain the way I want it.

The base is inset in such a way there is no issue tightening it and seating flush.

I don't care much whether or not my reception is diminished. I never use AM/FM radio, so I can't comment on how it works. BUT I can say it looks great!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars BlenderBottle two-pack, black BPA-free, March 15, 2014
I use these to mix protein powder. They work well and do not leak while shaking. Mixing is not as noisy as I expected.

I am happy with my purchase. Buying two costs just a little more than one - so guess what I did? They were packaged nicely and had the original tags and labels.

My only complaint is the inside of the bottom of the cup is not rounded to match the geometry of the ball, and powder gets stuck in the bottom corners. This does not happen at the top where it is spherical shaped inside.

I washed the two spring balls at the same time. They got intertwined and were difficult to separate!

I have no problem drinking from the spout; my nose doesn't hit the lid like it does on other cups. A standard drinking straw falls below the drinking hole.

Bosal Exhaust Gasket
Bosal Exhaust Gasket
Price: $10.88
2 used & new from $6.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly for 1999 CR-V Header-Cat Flexible Flange, March 15, 2014
This review is from: Bosal Exhaust Gasket (Automotive)
Vehicle: 1999 Honda CR-V
Part Number: Bosal 256-303 or W0133-1637456
Part Location on car: Flexible flange connection between second header pipe and the intake to the catalytic converter.

I bought this part because I have had a loud growling sound coming from my exhaust while the engine was under load near 2200 RPM. It's been doing it for a couple years, but the car has not failed state inspection for an exhaust leak. I read reports on web forums that replacing this gasket solved the noise.

Amazon reports that this part does not work with my 99 CR-V. However, I found several resources elsewhere on the web that list part number W0133-1637456 is the right part for my car for this location in the exhaust. Upon receiving the part, I noticed the packaging lists #256-303, and the invoice in the package lists both part numbers. I suppose Bosal uses two different part numbering schemes? Confusing. Bosal's web site should be more helpful.

The part looks exactly like the current picture - a compressed metallic mesh with a tapered shape. The inside flat face goes on the header pipe, the outside spherical shape interfaces with the face of the flange on the catalytic converter intake. I also replace the original hardware with a Walker 35129 Exhaust Spring Bolt Kit.

The OEM gasket that came out looked like it may have started life as the same shape. It was compressed to a solid donut, and the converter intake had a hard mark from the end of the header pipe. What I suspect is the donut was compacted smaller than the space it is meant to operate in, and could move about behind a slight gap between pipes. As the exhaust stream hits a certain frequency, the pulses probably pushed this heavy donut in and out within that space. The hammering of the part probably made the sound.

Now the car no longer makes that growling noise. I'm happy I purchased this item.

Walker 35129 Exhaust Spring Bolt Kit
Walker 35129 Exhaust Spring Bolt Kit
Price: $8.91
16 used & new from $6.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for my 99 CRV, March 15, 2014
This was a supplemental purchase when I replaced my exhaust flange gasket on my 1999 Honda CRV, where the header pipe exits to the catalytic converter intake, and a flexible connection is used.

I bought this bolt kit before changing that gasket because I saw lots of rust on the 15-year old bolts I was going to take off. I expected to mangle the OEM nuts and bolts on disassembly. I was right!

The bolts on this kit are a bit different than OEM but worked acceptably, while being MUCH cheaper than buying genuine Honda parts individually. The springs were not closed and ground like the ones I took off. I guess that's what you get for less than $9.

I was a bit surprised that the springs compressed to solid, but that could have something to do with using a brand new flange gasket.

I found the bolts to be long enough. A single vice grip to squeeze the flanges together enabled me to get the nuts started onto the bolt threads. I didn't have to compress the springs like others report. I needed a 13 mm wrench for the nut and a 14 mm wrench for the bolt.

RCA RCD30 High Quality Alarm Clock with 1.4-Inch red LED display
RCA RCD30 High Quality Alarm Clock with 1.4-Inch red LED display
Offered by Diddly Deals
Price: $14.33
25 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars RCA RCD30 High Quality Alarm Clock with 1.4-Inch red LED display, March 7, 2014
This review is for the RED big-digit version.

I prefer a L.E.D. clock for the nightstand, where each digit is lit by a light source. I dislike backlit L.C.D. clocks because the digits disappear when viewing at a low angle, like when your head hits the pillow.

Plug-in clocks consume steady power and spend the day warming the room. This is energy star rated, but that doesn't really tell you what that means. I measured the power consumption using a Kill-a-Watt meter. It consumes 1.7W on low dimmer, 1.8W on high. Over the course of a year this will cost me a little over a dollar, not bad at all. FYI - The power factor is 0.45.

For such a small & lightweight clock, it is stable and doesn't slide around. The digits are brighter in the middle than they are at the ends of the segments, which some people might not like. For me, it's retro and I like it. The 6 foot cord reaches the wall plug just fine.

When you put in a 9V battery backup, nothing on the display changes. There is no battery status indicator. This means you will need to test your 9V backup battery elsewhere to know whether or not it is fresh enough to keep the time in the event of a power failure.

Most of the clock settings switches are hidden on the back. The rear black-on-black text is hard to read, you just have to get used to where the slide switches are and how to use them. The one turns the alarm on and off, and the indicator on the same side as the switch lights up accordingly - easy enough. But the one on the left is a three-way switch, and the "home" position is the center position, which is very difficult to land on without going past to the time setting mode. In this position, the time doesn't flash despite being ready to be set. In this position, when the alarm goes off and you hit the snooze bar, you end up changing the time because the snooze bar doubles as the H and M advance button. The switch and button arrangement is quirky but it only took me a week to get used to it.

The alarm has the typical annoying screaming beep these clock have had for many years. It wakes me immediately, but it's not quite enough to provide a heart attack. The brightness levels are good - I use low because our bedroom is generally dark. High gives it a little boost, and might be beneficial for other places around the house where you want to see the clock from a greater distance. If you don't like how it works as an alarm clock, I'm sure you could find another place in the house where you could use a high visibility clock.

In summary, this is a basic LED alarm clock with a great price point of $10. The major deficiency is the lack of battery backup indicator.

Zadro Acrylic Hand Mirror with 1X - 7X Magnification, Acrylic Finish
Zadro Acrylic Hand Mirror with 1X - 7X Magnification, Acrylic Finish
Price: $10.37
16 used & new from $10.37

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality hand mirror, March 7, 2014
Bought this mirror after another "Goody" mirror broke.

I was surprised by the clarity of the glass and the quality of the acrylic body. It's very solid. The 7x magnification is just right for seeing some detail that a 5X mirror isn't good enough.

I am very happy that I spent just a little bit more and got several times the quality.

The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes for Any Program Level
The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes for Any Program Level
by Diane Sanfilippo BS NC
Price: $22.10
66 used & new from $17.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Cooking, March 7, 2014
I bought this as a stand-alone cookbook because it matches the way I eat - not for a detox.

Purchased from Amazon after seeing it on the bookshelf. I liked the excellent pictures, easy instructions, and restrained list of ingredients for each recipe.

A few years ago I reached the "obese" weight for my height. Deprivation diets did not give me sustained weight loss, because as soon as I started eating sweet things again I would start craving more. Instead, I replaced sugary/starchy foods and with exactly the sorts of things in this book and started learning about nutrition. I am happy to say I am exactly at my optimum weight and I never have to "diet" anymore.

Food tastes better once your body gets used to not relying on sugars for taste and to boost energy. I encourage everyone to try to go 21 days with a low-sugar diet and break the health-robbing reliance on carbohydrates. Learn how to balance your diet with protein, healthy fats, and carbs from whole foods not added sugar, and make it a way of life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14