Profile for EngrPaul > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 139

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

EngrPaul "EngrPaul" RSS Feed (Pennsylvania)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Ultimate Survival Technologies Pico Light 1.0 Keychain Flashlight, Orange
Ultimate Survival Technologies Pico Light 1.0 Keychain Flashlight, Orange
Price: $9.95
12 used & new from $5.96

5.0 out of 5 stars "Neutral White" Beam, Dead batteries. Better than SL Nano, December 12, 2014
For the price, it's hard to fault this flashlight. I have owned a Streamlight Nano in the past. This Pico light is much better.

I was surprised that the beam has nice throw and is close to a "neutral white" tint. This means it isn't the typical blue or purple beam you get with most inexpensive LED products. This alone makes it worth the price to me.

Mine came with no-name batteries, one of which was corroded and had green residue. One bad battery leads to very dim output. Glad I had spares. Seeing the comments of other owners reveals I am not alone. If you give this as a gift, consider giving four fresh LR41 cells. The packaging is sealed display card, with a section for the light and another for the battery cartridge. You would have to slice into the battery portion with an exacto knife if you want to upgrade the gift.

The keyring has a strong clasp, but the lack of swivel can be good or bad. I think I just need to get used to it. It certainly helps with one-handed operation. I feel there is a good turn stiffness - loose enough to easily operate and stiff enough to not come unassembled on its own.

The head is silver-plated plastic, not aluminum as I was anticipating. There are O-rings that seal out the elements. There is a nickel-plated spiral spring in the base.

There are no special modes with the light, just on and off. The exciting part about the light is the variety of anodized colors. A must-have for any flashlight lover.

iShoppingdeals - for Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB 8GB MP3 Player (SDMX22) Soft Rubber Silicone Skin Case Cover, White
Offered by iShoppingdeals
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Sansa Zip Clip, More transparent than others, November 27, 2014
This "white" one is actually semi-transparent. You can see the buttons underneath. I've had other silicone covers which are too opaque and can't be seen through.

This one also has an opening for the Micro SD card, and an open window for the volume controls, and an opening for the microphone. However, no opening for the power button... which is what I would prefer to prevent accidental pushing.

Great product, would buy again in a heartbeat.

Black & Decker CM2035B 12-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker, Black/Silver
Black & Decker CM2035B 12-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker, Black/Silver
Price: $47.99
37 used & new from $30.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Capacity, Small Footprint. Clock hard to see, & where's the filter?, November 27, 2014
This unit was sold by Amazon and arrived in flawless new condition in brand new packaging.

This machine replaces my two consecutive Cuisinart Grind-n-Brew coffee makers which also had thermal carafes, 10-cup size. I choose thermal carafes because I dislike the burnt & oxidized taste of coffee when it is constantly open to atmosphere and heated on a burner in a glass carafe.

This unit boasts a 12-cup capacity, and it does indeed have a significantly larger capacity than the Cuisinart. I believe it insulates better too. The pot is huge, and I can put my hand in it to clean. The unit is only slightly bigger than the pot, and very light weight.

I use the strongest setting, which results in almost twice the brew time (about 25 minutes instead of 12). It runs quietly and shuts off quickly, instead of making all sorts of banging and hissing noises like other machines do. The coffee tastes great and is a good temperature.

This fits under the counter better, and takes up less space than my previous machines and competitors I considered before purchasing. However, the lid covering the water filler is full length front to back, so the coffee maker needs pulled forward for changing the filter holder and adding water. Good thing the cord has sufficient length to easily allow this.

Unfortunately, you have to be real careful to not bump the buttons while moving the unit. If you bump the hour or minute, it will advance the clock time forward. On other brands, you have to hold the setting button down and wait for the display to start blinking before advancing. Because of this, I need to double-check the clock time every day so my coffee isn't late in the morning.

The LCD clock has big digits, but the display is recessed back behind the panel and is loses contrast as the viewing angle is higher. I'm not an extraordinarily tall person. I must either lean over or tilt the unit up toward my face to see the clock and adjust the settings. This needs a redesign or a backlight. I'd personally trade the big, bright blue LED power button for more dim lighting on the panel and buttons.

The time-since-brewing-finished counter is a nice touch. It remembers your strength setting from the last brew. However, a brief second of power failure will result in a full reset of this setting, the time and the programmed start time. The translucent water level indicator on the right side is easy to view.

I don't know why a $60 coffee maker doesn't come with a filter! Not even a single paper filter. Good thing is my permanent filter from the Cuisinart fits nicely.

I do have to say this appliance is as gorgeous as the more expensive machines. I bought it because of it's large capacity and small footprint on the counter. I don't like the internal grinding system of the Cuisinart anymore, I had been using an external grinder long before the Cuisinart died. This one is so much easier to clean.

PROS:
*Attractive unit
*Small footprint & height on counter
*Large capacity
*Good coffee flavor
*Remembers last strength setting
*Water level indicator on outside
*Easy cleaning of pot and filter holder
*Electronics positioned above carafe (safer)
*Quiet operation
*Easy cleaning
*Easy to read instructions

CONS:
*Hard-to-view clock, especially for taller folks
*Big flip lid on top requires pulling out from cabinets to fill
*Bumping big Hour/Minute buttons readily advances clock
*No back-up for power failure, loses time with a moment of power fail
*No filter supplied with machine

Hoover Spot Scrubber Multi-Surface Cleaner, FH10025
Hoover Spot Scrubber Multi-Surface Cleaner, FH10025
Offered by VCDiscounter
Price: $104.99
3 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Over 4 years use, still going strong, November 27, 2014
We've had our spot scrubber since September 2010, bought right here on Amazon.

This unit replaced a "spot-bot", which is one those automated units with brushes that rotate in a circle, leaving "crop circles" in the carpet. We found ourselves always using the hose to avoid those semi-permanent marks in the carpet, but wished for more suction and a better wand with that product. So we chose this Hoover Spot Scrubber and threw away the "bot", which ended up being the better situation by far. Yes, it's a bit noisy but it's a small price to pay for professional strenth.

Now in our fifth year use, the suction has never diminished. That's always been it's strong point.

The jugs of clean and dirty water are clumsy to use, not having flat bottoms. Otherwise, using the unit has been a pleasure. We use a separate sprayer to apply cleaner, then the water tank on the unit for rinsing.

Just recently the sprayer stopped working. By removing two screws and disassembling the wand, I was able to see that the dirt and hard water clogged the nozzle. After running clean water through and using a toothpick to clean out the tip, it works like new.

Nothing has gone wrong with the electronics. No pieces of plastic have broken off. The hose is still flexible. The wand snaps apart for easy cleaning.

[Apple Mfi Certified] 10 Feet / 3 Meter Zerolemon® Lightning to USB Cable for Iphone 5s / 5c / 5, Ipad Air / Mini / Mini2, Ipad 4th Generation, Ipod 5th Generation, and Ipod Nano 7th Generation [2 Year Warranty] - Black
Offered by Bastexwireless - Authorized ZeroLemon Retailer
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ZeroLemon Lightning Cable - Using for my iPhone 5, September 13, 2014
This cable was received in a re-usable heavy-duty zip-lock package with clear front. Very professional packaging for a display rack and for storage. The UPC on the back is 4897010513394 and it is said to be made in China.

The only thing more rugged than the case is the cable! Wow, this is industrial quality, and surprisingly long. With heft and length comes some inconvenience for carry and storage. The wire is a bit rigid, requires more distance to make that first bend... I wonder if it becomes even more rigid in cold weather.

I examined both USB and Apple style terminations closely and found them to be of high workmanship. The molded ends are sturdy and the termination region where there is white epoxy around gold terminals looks the same as the Apple.

Each time I plug this cable into my iPhone 5 for data or for charging, it works the first time and feels snug yet smooth. I do not have any other Apple devices, so I cannot say how it works with other devices listed for use.

Now some measurements. The cable wire is 4mm diameter. The largest region of the Apple end is 11mm X 6mm and 21mm long. From there, the cable seems to want about 50mm worth of length to make a 90 degree bend without too much resistance.

If you want to insert the cable into your Apple, and you have a protective case installed, you may need to pull the case away to fit the cable. This is true of many aftermarket cables, not just this one. To check before purchase, measure to see if the opening is a larger than 11mm X 6mm.

I may return to update my review after continued use. At initial review, it has only been about 2 weeks.

The cable was provided to me free of charge for review by ZeroLemon. I am not affiliated with the company in any way nor do I receive compensation for my review.

NatureWise Ubiquinol with Clinically Tested Kaneka QH, the Active Form of CoQ10, 100 mg, 120 count
Offered by NutriSource Healthcare
Price: $39.99
7 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars NatureWise Ubiquinol - One of the few supplements I take daily for youthful health., September 6, 2014
I heard about the health benefits of ubiquinol, especially the active form, from a certain doctor on TV. I do not generally use supplements but felt this is an important one to increase my energy and general youthful health. I have been using it for the better part of a year and do not have any side effects. I think it is working for me, but can't prove it by any measure. I am a runner and need to keep my stamina up despite a slow heart and low blood pressure. I maintain a high protein diet with plenty of healthy fats, low sugar & carbs, and very little processed food.

The NatureWise brand is a consistent value from Amazon with the 120 count bottle. It always arrives in a sealed box with professional graphics including the Kaneka QH logo. I feel really good about the quality of this product.

Nature's Path Qi'a Chia Buckwheat and Hemp Cereal, Original, 7.9-Ounce
Nature's Path Qi'a Chia Buckwheat and Hemp Cereal, Original, 7.9-Ounce
Price: $7.72
11 used & new from $7.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Costly but healthy, March 22, 2014
I buy the "original" version because I want no added sugar.

I add unsweetened soy milk, a couple broken up walnuts, and fresh blueberries for a healthy breakfast that I look forward to.

SUPER STUBBY 2" STUBBIE STUBBY SHORT BILLET ANTENNA HONDA S2000 2005 05
SUPER STUBBY 2" STUBBIE STUBBY SHORT BILLET ANTENNA HONDA S2000 2005 05
Offered by AWD Motorsports
Price: $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works nice on Honda S2000, March 22, 2014
Good substitute for the original S2000 - if solid and shorter is what you want.

There is no logo or writing on the antenna- it's just shiny black and plain the way I want it.

The base is inset in such a way there is no issue tightening it and seating flush.

I don't care much whether or not my reception is diminished. I never use AM/FM radio, so I can't comment on how it works. BUT I can say it looks great!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Blender Bottle 28oz 2 Pack (color may vary)
Blender Bottle 28oz 2 Pack (color may vary)

5.0 out of 5 stars BlenderBottle two-pack, black BPA-free, March 15, 2014
I use these to mix protein powder. They work well and do not leak while shaking. Mixing is not as noisy as I expected.

I am happy with my purchase. Buying two costs just a little more than one - so guess what I did? They were packaged nicely and had the original tags and labels.

My only complaint is the inside of the bottom of the cup is not rounded to match the geometry of the ball, and powder gets stuck in the bottom corners. This does not happen at the top where it is spherical shaped inside.

I washed the two spring balls at the same time. They got intertwined and were difficult to separate!

I have no problem drinking from the spout; my nose doesn't hit the lid like it does on other cups. A standard drinking straw falls below the drinking hole.

Bosal Exhaust Gasket
Bosal Exhaust Gasket
Price: $9.75
2 used & new from $6.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly for 1999 CR-V Header-Cat Flexible Flange, March 15, 2014
This review is from: Bosal Exhaust Gasket (Automotive)
Vehicle: 1999 Honda CR-V
Part Number: Bosal 256-303 or W0133-1637456
Part Location on car: Flexible flange connection between second header pipe and the intake to the catalytic converter.

I bought this part because I have had a loud growling sound coming from my exhaust while the engine was under load near 2200 RPM. It's been doing it for a couple years, but the car has not failed state inspection for an exhaust leak. I read reports on web forums that replacing this gasket solved the noise.

Amazon reports that this part does not work with my 99 CR-V. However, I found several resources elsewhere on the web that list part number W0133-1637456 is the right part for my car for this location in the exhaust. Upon receiving the part, I noticed the packaging lists #256-303, and the invoice in the package lists both part numbers. I suppose Bosal uses two different part numbering schemes? Confusing. Bosal's web site should be more helpful.

The part looks exactly like the current picture - a compressed metallic mesh with a tapered shape. The inside flat face goes on the header pipe, the outside spherical shape interfaces with the face of the flange on the catalytic converter intake. I also replace the original hardware with a Walker 35129 Exhaust Spring Bolt Kit.

The OEM gasket that came out looked like it may have started life as the same shape. It was compressed to a solid donut, and the converter intake had a hard mark from the end of the header pipe. What I suspect is the donut was compacted smaller than the space it is meant to operate in, and could move about behind a slight gap between pipes. As the exhaust stream hits a certain frequency, the pulses probably pushed this heavy donut in and out within that space. The hammering of the part probably made the sound.

Now the car no longer makes that growling noise. I'm happy I purchased this item.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14