Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Vanderrg > Reviews

Browse

Vanderrg's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vanderrg RSS Feed

The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room, the Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made
The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room, the Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made
by Greg Sestero
46 used & new from $10.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I hoped for and more!, October 29, 2013
When I run into something as bizarre and unintentionally hilarious as the room (which has really only happened once) I desire to know more. I can't believe what I am seeing and I just want to know more. I want to understand. I want the veil pulled back. The authors of this book do a tremendous job in that regard. I don't know which author is more responsible for the humor in this book but it is very,very funny. Obviously the personal observations are those of Sestero and all I can say is "thank you". I am just a casual fan of The Room but reading this book sucked me in even more. I found myself pulling up scenes on YouTube and rewatching them to milk the fun out of them after reading Sestero's anecdotes about their filming.

The book is really a portrait of Wiseau through Sestero's eyes. It is first and foremost an examination of a very strange man. Self-important and vulnerable at the same time, Wiseau is a guy who will frustrate you as you read about his insensitivity toward the cast and crew even as you mourn for him because of his lonely search for youth and fame.

This book is way deeper that I thought it would be. I am a Greg Sestero fan.

What Makes Your Brain Happy and Why You Should Do the Opposite
What Makes Your Brain Happy and Why You Should Do the Opposite
by David DiSalvo
Price: $10.73
116 used & new from $2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Readable and Engaging, January 19, 2012
While this book's main focus is the presentation of data from clinical studies which shed light on what drives human behavior in many common situations, the tone of the book is what makes it such a great read. The author peppers each topic with well-written and fun real-world examples to illustrate the implications of the research he presents. Those unfamiliar with "science-speak" need not worry- you will not be intimidated or lost because DiSalvo serves as an excellent "tour guide" through the behavior medicine literature which he explores. Because each chapter stands on its own content-wise, the book is a good choice for reading in "chunks" as it does not need to be read cover-to-cover over a short time period to make sense. It is clear that DiSalvo is a true fan of his subject matter and his enthusiasm for understanding what makes our brains tick comes through in his writing and is contagious. A pleasure to read.