Profile for A. Lucas > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Lucas RSS Feed (GA, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ledwholesalers 12 UV Ultra Violet 395 nm LED Blacklight Flashlight uses 1 AA Battery, 7203UV395
Offered by LEDwholesalers ®
Price: $5.99
2 used & new from $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Price and Quality Pretty Much Match, June 21, 2014
This item feels pretty flimsy and lightweight but it works. For the price (cheap!), I think it's to be expected, but it gets the job done. Small jobs, that it. The beam of light doesn't reach very far, but again, it works.

Contec CMS50DL Finger Pulse Oximeter Oximetry Saturation Monitor
Contec CMS50DL Finger Pulse Oximeter Oximetry Saturation Monitor
Price: $19.70
30 used & new from $19.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product with an Excellent Price, June 21, 2014
Due to a family emergency, I ordered this for in-home use but had to also purchase one locally after a fast turn of events made it unsafe to wait until it arrived in the mail. The one I bought locally (can't recall brand name) was over $50 and it was not as reliable or sensitive as this one. Six months later, this one is still going strong and I've used it for both work and school.

NURSE PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION AND PRACTICE PREPARATION
NURSE PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION AND PRACTICE PREPARATION
by Margaret A. Fitzgerald
Price: $51.20
50 used & new from $51.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Money, Buy Long Before Boards Time, June 21, 2014
I can't say enough good things about this book. It was recommended to me over a year ago by a fellow FNP student who was a year ahead of me in the program and has since graduated and passed boards using this book exclusively. Luckily, I was convinced to go ahead and buy it for use during my classes, and it's made a huge difference in my understanding of information, my studying style, and my preparedness for testing. I've improved my grades thanks to using the practice questions in my exam prep for Adult Health I and II.

There are 16 sections, from health promotion to geriatrics to childbearing, and each one has multiple practice questions, rationales, and helpful info tables such as immunizations and common medications. There's also a section for FAQ about Boards. My only concern is that some of the information is becoming outdated, such as the JNC 7 HTN guidelines. However, 95% of the information remains relevant and will be for years to come.

I will likely research and purchase at least one more book with practice questions prior to taking Boards next year, but this book is my #1 resource. My professors sing the praises of Fitzgerald and consider her to be the leading expert in the NP field. Please do yourself a favor and get this book as soon as possible for Boards prep, or better yet during the program for use throughout.

LIFE 50 Years of James Bond
LIFE 50 Years of James Bond
by The Editors of LIFE Books
40 used & new from $7.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Piece of History and Entertainment, June 21, 2014
This book was purchased as a gift, although I certainly looked through it myself before packaging it and passing it on to its rightful owner. There is a good balance between text and photos, and it does a nice job of walking you through the years of Bond. This is an excellent coffee table book - I knew we had to have it for my father in law after I picked it up in a hotel lobby. Shout out to that hotel - their "lobby library" was stocked with books like this in a cozy reading nook...a welcome change from magazines and brochures for local attractions.

Stan and the Toilet Monster
Stan and the Toilet Monster
by Steve Shreve
Price: $7.79
44 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Kiddo Book, June 21, 2014
I bought this for my nephew's birthday (4th grader going on 5th) and he really likes it. Hardback book is very durable and size is just right - not too small like an adult novel and not too large to feel like a child's picture book.

Bodum Brazil 1-Liter 34-Ounce French Press Coffeemaker, Red
Bodum Brazil 1-Liter 34-Ounce French Press Coffeemaker, Red
Price: $19.69
45 used & new from $11.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite as Functional as Other Models, June 21, 2014
While the size is slightly small but fine for two, this model doesn't seem to be as functional as our previous two.

Dislikes: there is a little lip at the top of the handle that prevents the lid from easily being removed or replaced, and doesn't allow for swiveling the lid to a closed position while the coffee brews (a pet peeve of my husband). The glass part is also more exposed, allowing for an easier break than those with the plastic running along the sides.

Likes: So far this item is durable, no issues after several weeks of daily use and dishwasher cleanings. The color is a great shade of red and since it stays on our kitchen counter, I like the added punch of style this has over a typical black or metal one. That said, if you're looking for it to blend in to the background, you may not like the red as much as a more neutral color.

Gravel & Wine
Gravel & Wine
Price: $9.49
54 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Gravel & Wine (Audio CD)
Definitely some standout songs that are better than others but overall this is a good album to listen through. She has an interesting voice and a lot of the songs have a great retro tone. I'm noticing her music gets a lot of commercial play in the background of TV spots and I was originally introduced to my favorite song "Devil in Me" thanks to one of my favorite shows - So You Think You Can Dance!

SmartyKat Loco! Laser Cat Toy Interactive Laser Pointer
SmartyKat Loco! Laser Cat Toy Interactive Laser Pointer
Price: $8.81
11 used & new from $8.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kitty Toy, June 20, 2013
This laser was much lower in price than any others I'd found and the quality is good. It feels light but not flimsy and for a cat toy it's more than adequate. Our kitten thinks it's amazing and we like the fact that it's an instant distraction to help redirect his energy when he gets a little too excited. Which is often! :-)

Hoover WindTunnel 2 High Capacity Pet Bagless Upright, UH70811PC
Hoover WindTunnel 2 High Capacity Pet Bagless Upright, UH70811PC
Price: $99.00
9 used & new from $67.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Suction Power and a Win for Cat Owners!, June 20, 2013
Within 2 hours of delivery we had this machine out of the box, assembled in about 2 minutes, and already working its magic on our neglected carpet. I am embarrassed but pleased that we filled the dust/dirt canister 3 times in the first use. Some might find the relatively small canister size a negative, but I like it because it keeps the design slim and the vacuum light for going up and down a staircase. The 5 height levels seem to function well as we transitioned from low pile carpet to a medium rug and even a thick shag rug. Performance was not so great on bare floors, but I really bought it for carpet use since we have good luck with Swiffer and Shark products for tile/hardwood. So no complaints there, but I have to agree with some of the reviews that note the short tube on the extension tool. It still gets the job done even if less gracefully.

Best bonus for me: pet tools are GREAT for lifting cat hair from upholstery and thanks to the rubber components there is no gross collection of hair to get caught in a rotating bristle brush (can't say the same for our sad clunky old Dirt Devil! Ick.). This pet feature is actually what sold me on this vacuum over the Bissell CleanView Helix I was comparing it to. Even after just a day of use, we are sold! Very proud first-time Hoover owners and the 2 year warranty just sweetens the deal in case anything goes wrong down the line.

50 Low Carb Brown Bag Lunch Recipes : Easy To Follow & Less Than 30g of Carbohydrates Per Serving (The Green Gourmet Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay, April 28, 2012
Unless I'm missing some hidden pages, I don't see any nutritional information posted with each recipe and that is a huge disappointment for someone monitoring caloric intake. The food ideas seem simple and tasty, but the book is not worth the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2013 6:01 AM PST