Profile for TwitterBombs > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TwitterBombs RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Thermos Vacuum Insulated 24-Ounce Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle, Charcoal
Thermos Vacuum Insulated 24-Ounce Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle, Charcoal
Price: $25.62
11 used & new from $19.86

1.0 out of 5 stars Replacing After One Year, September 1, 2013
For cold beverages this Thermos is just about perfect, right up to the point the inside seal deforms and it starts leaking. It was a great year while it lasted but a good Thermos should last 20 years without abuse, maybe longer.

Currently researching it's replacement.

Zenith Defy Xtreme Tourbillon Men's Automatic Watch 96-0528-4035-21-M528
Zenith Defy Xtreme Tourbillon Men's Automatic Watch 96-0528-4035-21-M528

5.0 out of 5 stars Much More Than Just Extreme, May 25, 2013
The reviewers complaining about this watch not having certain features have obviously gotten counterfeits. Owners of a genuine Zenith know that this watch has any feature that crosses your mind at the time. Finally received mine after my security clearance came through and couldn't be happier with my purchase. Like all Zenith owners I traveled to New York to register the watch with the U.N., and then on to Brussels to register it with NATO. Unfortunately I didn't realize that I left the watch in my hotel room safe until I was landing back home in San Diego. Well, I completely forgot about the "home seek" feature and boy was I relieved to find the Zenith sitting on top of my dresser when I arrived home.

There's really nothing I can say that fellow Zenith owners haven't already said, without violating numerous State, Federal, and International Laws and Treaties. Here is one thing I can share; my best friend received his Zenith 2 weeks before I did, he has suffered from male pattern baldness since we were in college and finally went completely bald. Within 3 days of receiving his Zenith his hair completely grew back. And, the Zenith has the coordinates and access codes for all of the "undisclosed locations" that Dick Cheney used after 9-11; giving it's owners a sense of security and superiority that Rolex owners only dream of.

Two thumbs up, buy one and join the club (the sooner you buy one, the sooner you will be scheduled for your 2 year stint on the Board of Directors at Halliburton. Make it rain!).

Tuff-Guard The Perfect Garden Hose, Kink Proof Garden Hose Assembly, Blue, 5/8" Male x Female GHT Connection, 5/8" ID, 50 Foot Length
Price: $55.13
5 used & new from $54.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Your Grandfathers Garden Hose!, May 17, 2013
I'm only going through this one time so pay attention; attach this hose to a spigot, attach your favorite nozzle. Now, address the hose by the nozzle. Hold the nozzle with one hand while turning the spigot on with the other hand.

What you notice right away is how sturdy this hose is, yet it's lighter in weight than a comparable length rubber hose. It's flexible, easy to wind up, yet it won't kink. What else do you want from a hose? Long life? Can't comment on that yet but it is starting strong.

It got to the point where having to buy a new hose was a predictable disappointment. No matter what the name or what the claim; "Never Kink", "Flexo-rama", "Commercial Grade Industrial Duty" (you should see the floor model), "8 Ply Platinum" (thats right folks, not 4 ply, but 8 ply!). Which one do you choose? Wait, that one isn't green; it's gray - it must be better. Just keep moving, there's nothing to see here, they all kink! They are all heavy, and some are as stiff as a board.

Then you notice the "Tuff-Guard Extra Flexible - Kink Proof Garden Hose Assembly" (what? a garden hose 'assembly'?). This comes in different colors, various lengths, and this is a Garden Hose 'Assembly'! Is it a better hose? They sure price it like it's a better hose; at around $1.00 per foot.

We had one delivered last Friday, used it on Saturday, ordered another on Monday and received it on Wednesday. One green rubber hose remains, on the side of our house, and it's days are numbered. Want a good hose? Buy a Garden Hose "Assembly"!

Price: $74.00 - $159.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy These!, May 17, 2013
Dr. Martens Men's 1460 Classic Boot

My first Doc Martens. I've never tried a pair on before, and I have never seen Doc's this color green in person so I ordered based on reputation and reviews. Wanted green and when I opened the box they are just what I was looking for. Then I had to try them on...

After reading many reviews, both good and bad, I prepared for the horror of lacing up a pair of boots that hadn't been broken in yet. The last time I broke in a pair of boots was in the Air Force and you just had to gut it out, wear them through the pain and eventually they would come to you. I found a pair of thick socks and, risking a foot cramp, jumped straight into these new boots even though I had eaten dinner less than 30 minutes earlier. I was prepared for the worse; quick removal, shoebox nearby for quick return to Amazon...

These green lunkers are keepers. Soft leather, comfortable fit, not too heavy; I wore them all day at work today (casual Friday) and never noticed a pain or discomfort. I was up and down stairs, and walked around quite a bit without a complaint. The right boot was a little snug across the top of my arch when I first tried them on, but by midday they felt fine.

These will not take a month to break in, maybe a week, maybe. This pair was made in Thailand and the workmanship is great. I bought some new leather products to take care of them and I might buy another pair since these are going to break in for my feet without a fight.

Buy them, you'll like them.

Dorcy 41-4750 190-Lumen High Flux LED Cyber Light Flashlight with Alkaline Batteries, Yellow
Price: $13.47
137 used & new from $13.40

1.0 out of 5 stars $5.00 Flashlight for $19.00, November 21, 2012
Dorcy 41-4750 180 Lumen High Flux LED Cyber Light Flashlight with Batteries

Bought 2 of these last Jan 2012. One does duty as an emergency flashlight (switched on occasionally for a battery check); the other for everyday use (the flashlight you grab).

My wife wanted a bright flashlight to use around the house (outdoors) and garage, this flashlight started out strong. She didn't abuse it, but didn't carry it around on a pillow either. It started failing after 6 months of use; left outside overnight on a shelf (under the eaves) outside the kitchen window where it was exposed to normal overnight light dew (for Southern CA) during the summer. The contacts started to rust but I got it working again. Failed completely at 10 months. I'll pull the LED for a backup and toss the rest.

Poor design and materials. I have under $4.00 flashlights that have lasted for 5+ years with more use and abuse. A big disappointment for a $20.00 flashlight; Dorcy should drop the price down to a few dollars or pull them off the shelves.

I really want to buy the Dorcy 41-2510 4 LED Carabineer Floating Waterproof Flashlight with Batteries for $8.00 on Amazon right now, but reluctant to go with a Dorcy product again.

Lacrosse Color Wireless Automic Weather Station, Atomic Alarm Clock.
Lacrosse Color Wireless Automic Weather Station, Atomic Alarm Clock.
Offered by The Gift Closet
Price: $41.81
3 used & new from $25.06

1.0 out of 5 stars Charges my iPhone, November 5, 2012
Purchased this somewhere else a couple of months ago but wanted to warn Amazon shoppers. Indoor temperature reading is 4 to 5 degrees (F) too high. Not sure on the outdoor temp, since I bought this to tell me the outdoor temp. It didn't reset itself when the time changed, so I must be a few feet beyond the 1,000 mile range to Colorado (I'm in San Diego County, CA).

Right now it is forecasting rain, the cool color display showing clouds and raindrops. It is supposed to be a high of 90 degrees tomorrow, weather was clear and about 85 degrees today; no rain forecast by the pro's.

The alarm is very quiet and I won't rely on it to wake me up for work in the morning (unless I want to go in late).

It does have a USB port for charging which works ok.

Bottom line; RIPOFF.

Leatherman 830684 Charge TTi Multi-Tool with Leather/Nylon Combination Sheath and Gift Tin
Offered by SupplyTiger
Price: $169.85
12 used & new from $134.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Tool - Whimpy Bit, October 24, 2012
This is my first Multi-Tool so I can't possibly give a review that comes near the detail and usefulness of the many comparison reviews by longtime users of Multi-Tools. I read many reviews before I decided on a tool to purchase and I am happy with the choice. The 'feel' is high quality, comfortable, and reliable. It gets a lot of use and spends time nearby in the sheath or clipped to my belt.

The only problem I've had is the smallest size hex bit stripped under somewhat light use the first time I needed it. I was using it to change the position of a pocket clip on a Buck Paradigm Pro. I was able to use the smallest size wrench from a $2.00 set from Walmart, which handled the job while maintaining its integrity. This has kept me from purchasing the expanded bit set from Leatherman.

Aside from this disappointment, and I guess I would prefer a tool without this option, the rest of the tool is reliable and I am happy with the purchase.

Pyle PLCM37FRV Car Van Bus Backup Camera, Reverse/Parking Assist Cam, Distance Scale Lines, Night Vision, Waterproof, Universal Mount, Angle Adjustable
Price: $23.98
29 used & new from $17.70

1.0 out of 5 stars No Front View, May 31, 2012
Pyle PLCM37FRV Universal Mount Optional Front View & Rear View Backup Color CMD Camera with Built-In Distance Scale Line

Does not provide front view. There are 3 wires (red, white, and blue) that are used to configure the camera; connecting either the blue and/or white wire to the red wire configure the camera as follows: connect blue wire for mirror image (rear view), and white wire for distance grid. The default "forward view" results from leaving the 3 wires unconnected, or connect the red and white for forward view with distance grid.

It would be useful if the camera worked as described in the instructions, but it only works in the following configuration:

The camera won't work at all unless the red and blue wire are connected, meaning it only works in mirror (rear view). You may connect all 3 together for mirror (rear) view with distance grid.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2014 1:25 AM PDT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy Prime Customer, February 8, 2012
Price = 2. Card = 5. Amazon Prime Price (well, this is a family site...) Purchased this exact card 2 weeks ago at local bb store for just under 30 bones. Logged onto Amazon to buy another and whammy, its offered here SanDisk Extreme Pro, SDHC, UHS-1 Flash Memory Card SDSDXPA-008G-A75 under "More Buying Choices" for Amazon Prime customers at $99.99; guess that covers the free shipping - to another solar system!

This Card (8GB) is compatible with the Nikon D5100 - right out of the box (Camera and Card). Nikon's website states that the D5100 is compatible with UHS-1 cards. The card is smokin fast. Buy this card! (somewhere else)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2012 9:31 PM PDT

Black Decker CHV1410 Dustbuster Cordless Handheld Vacuum
Black Decker CHV1410 Dustbuster Cordless Handheld Vacuum

1.0 out of 5 stars Gutless Dustbuster, October 16, 2011
Black & Decker 14.4-Volt Cordless Cyclonic HandVac, CHV1408

We have had this Black & Decker Cordless Dustbuster for over a year now and it still works like it did when brand new, like some knock off Dustbuster you find at the Dollar store (barely). Should have returned the overpriced stinker right away but, honestly, it wasn't used right away. Replacing an old warhorse Dustbuster we kept for use upstairs, I installed the bracket and hung it up to charge. My wife used it a few weeks later and a meeting broke out on the upstairs landing; I thought the filter was in the wrong way or blocked, but after about a minute of use by my wife the battery had already begun it's 'graceful' decent to zero.

After some further experimentation; running the battery down, recharging and using immediately, and recharging for a week before use - no difference, about 1 minute of usable suction (dust, lint, nothing heavy) then it's winded and ready for a break. It quickly evolved into walking by the Black & Decker Cordless Dustbuster, giving it a dirty look, and getting the vacuum cleaner or small shop vac out of the garage.

This was not an inexpensive Black & Decker Dustbuster, cheap junk - yes, but at a high price. We haven't replaced it almost out of defiance, just seeing it hanging there reminds us to avoid Black & Decker products. It's too bad, we've had some great Dustbuster models over the years but this one is pathetically designed and a complete ripoff!

Page: 1 | 2