Profile for Sheri in Reho > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 479

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sheri in Reho RSS Feed (Rehoboth Beach, DE)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 [Old Version]
Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 [Old Version]
Offered by jaxfl9999
Price: $41.90
9 used & new from $41.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy using Corel VS Pro!, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a makeup and skin care channel on YouTube, and I have edited every video I've made for my channel on an older version of this software (Corel VideoStudio Pro X4). Basic video editing (importing video, deleting clips, etc.) was very easy to learn. Some of the other stuff took a bit of time (I tend to prefer hands-on learning vs. depending on the user manual for everything). I had been using Windows Moviemaker before that so I knew that VSPro X4 had a button/function for what I needed--it was just a matter of finding it and learning a new way of using it (if it was different from WMM).

Now I have Corel VS Pro X7 and am super excited about the new content and functionality it offers over V4, especially faster rendering, since my makeup videos are often between 10 and15 minutes long. They've got a new template feature called FastFlick that will I think be GREAT for when I'm in a hurry to get a video up on my channel. It should also be a great way for beginners to Corel VS Pro to get up and running fast!

Once I have more experience with the new version, I plan to add a video portion to this review so I can demonstrate more about how it works and show some of the differences between my older version and this version!

Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream, 4 Ounce
Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream, 4 Ounce
Offered by A&M International
Price: $21.44
25 used & new from $17.58

5.0 out of 5 stars A game-changer for my hair!!, May 8, 2014
I have fine and thin hair which I wear short in part because it is so difficult to get my hair to do anything I want it to do. It gets very frustrating!

I discovered Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream via a free sample from the beauty store, Ulta. It took only a few uses for me to notice a difference in my hair. Later, when I went to Ulta.com to find out how much the FULL size bottle cost, I was stopped in my tracks. I had never spent that much on a single hair product in my life, but the results were so amazing that I decided to bite the bullet and buy the 4 oz. size.

Within the first week, my hair felt not only substantially softer but also noticeably smoother. Even one of my subscribers on my YouTube channel commented on having noticed the difference in my hair in my videos! I had been using a styling mousse before using this product, and I enjoyed the fact that my hair no longer felt like it was full of product both during and after drying/styling.

I have color treated hair on the dry side, so I don't wash my hair daily. Perhaps the biggest benefit I discovered from this product is that it holds my style from day to day! It will literally hold my style until I'm ready to wash my hair again. You just don't EVER have that happen with thin/fine hair!

After a month of using this product, I am absolutely sold and highly recommend it for people who would like softer, smoother and more manageable hair!

EDITED 12/16/14 -- I am editing my review to add the following information that I forgot to include in the original review:

One would think that a product called "no frizz" would just be for people with curly hair--au contraire! My hair is as straight as a board and it works on me. Frizz isn't just about curl, it's about the lack of smoothness, which was a major issue for me. Some people just have a lack of smoothness in their hair on a rainy day. Mine was every day. When I would finish blow-drying my hair, there would be this halo of hairs sticking up all over. This Living Proof product has ended that. I can now have smooth hair without spraying every random hair down!

Lipton Tea & Honey Iced Tea Mix, Strawberry Guava Liquid 2.43 oz
Lipton Tea & Honey Iced Tea Mix, Strawberry Guava Liquid 2.43 oz
Price: $3.49
4 used & new from $3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice fruity taste and great convenience, but has an aftertaste., May 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love iced tea, so I was intrigued by the idea of a liquid that could instantly turn my water into iced tea. I tried the Strawberry Guava variety. I'm not sure I would enjoy it without ice but, with ice, it's fine. That said, it does not taste like flavored iced tea so much as a fruit drink. Generally, with fruit-flavored iced tea, you can still tell it's iced tea, but it has a fruit flavor added. This tastes more like fruit drink without any/much iced tea flavor.

The taste is fruity, refreshing and may be too sweet for many folks--this comes from someone who likes her iced tea pretty sweet (using a combination of Equal and Sweet 'n Low). While the few reviews I've read have indicated that this product does NOT have an aftertaste, I would disagree. It absolutely does have an aftertaste to me, but it isn't the most offensive aftertaste I've ever had. I wouldn't want to drink this as my primary beverage, but as an occasional alternative to plain water, it is just fine.

The nutrition facts on this product list 1g of Sugars and 1g of Sugar Alcohol. Honey is the first ingredient on the ingredients list, Glycerin is second and Sucralose (Splenda) is eighth. According to my research, Glycerin and Sucralose are both considered Sugar Alcohols. This product contains 0% fruit juice--the fruit flavor is coming from "natural flavor."

The product comes in a small squeeze bottle that you could carry along to restaurants or to work. The package says it does not require refrigeration but should be used within a month of opening. It contains just under 2 1/2 ounces of liquid flavoring syrup and says it makes up to 24 servings. However, the serving size is a rather gray area. The directions say "Add one squeeze for every 8 fl. oz. of water." What you consider a squeeze may not be what I consider a squeeze, but I can say that one of MY squeezes results in a far too watery beverage for my taste. Two squeezes is tasty but a little overboard on the sweetness so, for me, somewhere between 1 1/2 and 2 squeezes does the trick. The product has 10 calories per squeeze.

If you are one of the many people who don't like to drink water plain, this may be a great solution for you (as long as you don't have sensitivity to sucralose). HOWEVER, be mindful of the quantity you are drinking, as sugar alcohols can have some unpleasant side effects if consumed in larger doses.

I'm a water drinker, but I've been in some restaurants where the water tasted horrible, so this would be a nice emergency standby product for those situations.

3.25 stars

Back to Basics Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, Lamb and Potato Recipe, 4-Pound Bag
Back to Basics Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, Lamb and Potato Recipe, 4-Pound Bag
Price: $17.99
3 used & new from $17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a fine food, just not an exceptional one., May 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My Shih Tzu, Missy, is allergic to grains so I buy only grain-free food. We have tried quite a few brands of food over the past few years, both more expensive brands (Blue Buffalo Wilderness) and more moderately-priced brands (Hill's Science Diet, Rachael Ray's Nutrish, Natural Balance).

This Back to Basics food wins points on value, but Missy liked it considerably less than the last grain-free food we tried, which was Hill's Science Diet Adult Grain-Free Salmon Dry Dog Food. She knew when UPS delivered the box containing the Hill's food that it was for her, and insisted on tasting it immediately. No such excitement when this food arrived.

I usually give Missy combination of the Blue Buffalo Wilderness and one other grain-free food. Since I've been using the Back to Basics as the second food, she doesn't seem to be as enthused about eating as with some of the other foods. Part of this may be because the Back to Basics kibble, while small, is VERY dense and hard and she may not enjoy the physical act of eating it.

Nutritionally, this food is okay, with what appears to be more plant-based than meat-based protein. The website dogfoodadvisor.com, which I just checked before I finished my review, gave this food 3.5 stars, and that is also the conclusion I came to from my and my dog's experience with this food.

Bottom line: You could definitely do worse, but you could also do better. If you have an older dog or a dog with sensitive/loose teeth, this may not be the food for your dog as its kibble is very dense and hard.

Olay Total Effects 7 in one, Anti-Aging Moisturizer With SPF 30, 1.7 Fluid Ounce
Price: $15.00
11 used & new from $15.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Was not able to test this product long term., April 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Let me preface my review by saying that I am a long-time Olay customer (decades). In fact, I wear two Olay products daily (Olay Complete and Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum). It is disappointing, then, to give an Olay product 2 stars.

For years, I used an earlier fragrance-free version of this Olay Total Effects anti-aging moisturizer (Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Fragrance Free Moisturizer 1.7 Fl Oz). I loved that version and only stopped using it because I stopped being able to find it in my local stores. I gave that version 4 stars when I reviewed it on September 5, 2009. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that, while I loved it as a moisturizer, I saw little benefit to my skin besides great moisturization (it had the same anti-aging claims as this product).

Jump ahead to 2014: I was offered this new version of Total Effects for review and was THRILLED! I had expectations that it would be at least as good as the version I reviewed in 2009. WRONG!

My primary complaints:

1) The very first time I opened the package to try the lotion, the entire top of the dispenser (the pump portion) came off in my hand when I popped off the cap. This is NOT supposed to happen. In YEARS of using the previous version, I NEVER saw it happen.

2) Perhaps the jar I received is defective (I'm shocked not to hear many other reviewers talk about this), but the lotion I received is so gritty that I was unable to use it over the long term. It just felt disgusting on my skin...like I was putting on sunscreen at the beach with sand on my hands. AWFUL!

3) There is fragrance in this version, and while it is not awful, it is still too perfumey for me (I am fragrance sensitive).

4) While the previous version of this lotion felt wonderfully hydrating and comforting to my super dry skin, THIS version feels heavy--greasy. I did not find it comforting or hydrating to my dry skin. It just felt like a mask.

5) Considering that I was accustomed to using this same style of pump for years, the pressure needed to get lotion to come out of this packaging seems excessive. So much so that I found it difficult to get lotion to come out just using one hand. Putting lotion on in the morning is almost automatic to me, so to have to WORK to get lotion out is unacceptable.

The ONLY plus I can give this version of Total Effects is that it not only contains an SPF of 30, but it is a broad spectrum SPF, which is excellent.

If Olay wants to send me another package to try, I'd be happy to give it one more try because I believe in the Olay product line, but I absolutely would NOT purchase this moisturizer again based on the experience I had with the package I received.

2 stars - Not recommended.

AmazonBasics Large Thick Drying Towel - 2 Pack
AmazonBasics Large Thick Drying Towel - 2 Pack
Price: $9.65

3.0 out of 5 stars These towels are "okay.", April 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was surprised to see, when I received these towels, that the washing instructions indicated they were to be line dried vs. machine dried. A utility towel such as this generally goes through the laundry quite regularly, and who needs more complications than the the usual washer and dryer routine? Not to mention the fact that not all that many people have laundry lines anymore. I certainly don't.

Because I couldn't imagine why these towels couldn't go in the dryer with everything else, I decided to do an experiment. I washed both towels in the same load. When it came time for the dryer, I pulled one out and hung it over the lid of the washer, and put the other one in the dryer with the rest of the load. Once they dried, it was impossible to tell one from the other, so I don't know what the rationale is for not being able to put them in the dryer. The only thing I can think of is that the manufacturer is afraid the towels won't be as absorbent if they are dried with fabric softener sheets. I use my fabric softener in the wash, so both towels got softener, and it didn't seem to affect them significantly.

In my opinion, these are "okay" towels--not awful and not fantastic. They are kind of a strange shape (square vs. rectangular), but work "okay" for wiping my dog's feet when she comes in the house from the rain, wiping up spills on the kitchen floor, etc. Definitely nothing to write home about, but will get the job done.

P.S. In no way would I describe these towels as "ultra thick".

Taylor 5863 Splash 'n Drop Impact and Water Resistant Timer/Clock
Taylor 5863 Splash 'n Drop Impact and Water Resistant Timer/Clock
Price: $13.79
13 used & new from $13.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Something as simple as a timer should be intuitive!, April 21, 2014
Length:: 1:10 Mins

I have owned a LOT of timers over the years. In fact, I own 3 or 4 timers in addition to this Taylor Splash 'n Drop one right now (though one is dying). I use them all over the house for various purposes.

This is the first time I ever had to read the instructions before I could even use the timer at all! Come on, it's a kitchen timer, not a nuclear device! A timer should be intuitive enough that anyone can pick it up and use it within a few seconds. Good luck trying that with this Taylor timer! However, to its credit, it does at least label the buttons that must be used to switch between timer and clock functions (the VOL button) and the button used to reset the timer to zero (the HR and MIN buttons). Who would EVER think to use the volume button to "turn on" the timer function? Definitely not I!

Perhaps even MORE obnoxious is the fact that you have to remove 4 TINY screws (an eyeglass screwdriver may be your best bet) to insert the included batteries and then replace them after installing the batteries. I have NEVER seen such a thing in my life. I suppose this is because this timer touts itself as water resistant but really, what a pain in the tuchas!

Note that, while there is a light function/button, the light will not stay on permanently (as far as I could see). It stays on about 6 seconds after you press the LIGHT button and then shuts itself off.

The timer can be used either magneted to the fridge (or other metal surface) by two little magnets on its back or can be used with the built in (flimsy) stand. I am not a fan of the angle at which the timer sits when the stand is used, but I do use it with the stand most of the time because I like to move around the house with it and because there isn't much available real estate the front of on my fridge. :)

The sound made by the timer is a loud beeping noise. The first several times I used this timer, I thought the smoke alarm was going off. It's a piercing sound, but you can control the volume of the beep by also using the VOL button.

This is NOT my favorite timer (for the record, my favorite is my old West Bend timer which has 2 timer settings plus the clock). That said, I find myself reaching for this Taylor timer more than the last one I bought, which isn't loud enough to hear from another room and buzzes itself right off the kitchen counter.

Check out my video in which you'll see various features of the timer and also see it in action. The only thing I forgot to show in my video was the clock function.

Paplinko
Paplinko
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, brainless fun., April 17, 2014
This review is from: Paplinko (App)
I like challenging games, but sometimes I just want something basic and brainless, esp. if I'm playing while watching TV, waiting in a doctor's office, etc. This game fits the bill.

I like that you can unlock new ball types, backgrounds and such, so that you can personalize your screen to make it fun and what you find pleasing to the eye.

I love the sound effects when the balls are falling down through the maze. It reminds me a lot of steel drum music, which I find both fun and pleasing to the ear.

It won't teach you anything or challenge your brain, but it's good, clean, brainless fun.

Belkin Kindle Keyboard Case for Fire HDX 8.9 (will fit 3rd and 4th generation)
Belkin Kindle Keyboard Case for Fire HDX 8.9 (will fit 3rd and 4th generation)
Price: $99.99
17 used & new from $20.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Has some issues, especially with the way I use my Kindle Fire., April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a neighbor who owns an iPad and has a classy-looking leather keyboard case for it, so I was excited when I found out there was a keyboard case available for my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9. Unfortunately, that excitement waned within the first 24 hours of actually using this keyboard case with my HDX.

1. Bluetooth Pairing. First pairing was seamless. However, the keyboard kept needing to be re-paired even when my HDX remained in the case day after day.

2. Overall Use. If I was riding in a car on a long trip and wanted to write my life story, this case would be the way to go. However, it absolutely sucks for book reading, game playing and anything else other than straight typing. When folded back to read, your hands are grasping the keys, which just felt wrong to me, and there is no way to use the case as a stand vertically to play games. Because it isn't very simple/quick to swap the HDX in and out of this case, I ended up giving up on this case and going back to my original case, the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Standing Polyurethane Origami Case (will only fit Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"), Mineral Black.

3. Quality. Compared to my neighbor's iPad keyboard case, this Belkin case looks a bit like the ugly step-sister. Its look is not AWFUL, but neither is it impressive. That said, at least I appear to be one of the few people who received one of these cases that didn't lose its magnets right out of the box.

4. Viewing Angle. There are two angles at which the HDX's screen may be viewed. I was not super happy with either, but they were doable for short periods of use.

5. Impact on HDX Performance. Prior to receiving this keyboard case, I regularly used the voice-to-text function of my HDX for emails and Facebook posts, as typing on the HDX's screen keyboard was awkward. As soon as I paired my HDX with this keyboard case, I completely lost the ability to use the voice-to-text function. Even once I removed my HDX from the case and went back to the origami case, I still (a month+ later) am not able to use that function. I'm quite disappointed about that!

6. Keyboard. If you are a fast typist (as I am) and especially if you learned to type by the "home row" method (as I did), you may be tripped up (as I was) by the rearrangement of some keys on this keyboard. All the letters are in the same place, but some of the punctuation has moved. Most notably, the ; and : key is to the right of the space bar on the bottom row vs. to the right of the L key on the 3rd row. If you use smileys a lot, prepare to re-learn!

7. Weight. The HDX while in this case is very heavy. A problem for me.

8. Screen Protection. I was disappointed to see that, when this case is closed, the keyboard keys are right against the HDX's screen. I assumed there would be some flap that folded in to separate them to keep the screen from being scratched, but no such luck. That makes me nervous!

In summary, if you plan to PRIMARILY use this case for typing and not reading or playing games, it will be a lot more comfortable (once you acclimate to the keyboard size and arrangement) than "typing" on your HDX's screen keyboard. Otherwise, I do not recommend this case unless you plan to swap out cases occasionally for various uses.

3.25 stars
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2014 5:11 AM PDT

mAuto 3139 'Purple Flirty Eyes' Car Sun Shade
mAuto 3139 'Purple Flirty Eyes' Car Sun Shade
Price: $13.33
2 used & new from $13.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, attractive and useful product!, April 13, 2014
I am Big Sister (through Big Brothers and Big Sisters) to an 8-year-old girl. We both share a favorite color--purple. When I saw this sun shade, I knew she would get a kick out of it and she did! She likes helping me put it up and take it down while we're out and about the one day a week we spend together...which leads me to why I gave it 4 stars vs. 5. I'll get to that in a minute. The other thing that drew me to this sun shade is that I have a beauty and skin care channel on YouTube (as well as a Facebook page) which is called "The Eyes Have It" and I thought the pretty eye-lashed eyes on the sun shade epitomized the name of my channel.

So about those 4 stars. Granted, I had not owned a window shade in years so I'm not used to wrestling with one anymore. Still, I have real issues getting this thing put up or taken down by myself, especially in regard to the suction cups. I love the suction cups because they really make the sun shade adhere to the windshield and further keep out the sun's rays and heat, BUT...it takes either two people to put the shade up and take it down OR it takes one person walking around to both sides of the car to push in and later release the suction cups. If you are tall and have long arms, you can disregard this as a "con." I am 4'5" so there is no way I'm going to be able to adhere both suction cups from the driver's seat.

I LOVE the look of the sun shade and do believe it is a good product. I love that it comes with a nice velcro strap to keep it closed when not in use and that it is a thick bubble-type consistency for better protection, but walking around the car every time I get in or out is already getting to be a pain, and I've only been using it a few weeks.

Note: I have a 2004 Toyota Camry and the sunshade comes pretty close to completely covering my window. From the outside, it looks completely covered. From the inside, you can see that there are small gaps on each side.

Recommended for tall people or families. :)

4.25 stars