Profile for Dr. J > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 174

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dr. J RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System
FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System
Price: $79.70
41 used & new from $57.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product for soooo many things!, June 28, 2014
I waited to see how this would hold up and it has done very, very well. Just follow the directions which I admit is something I don't normally do. Hey if I can't just wing it how good is it? However, read the directions and you won't have any problems.
If you want to save money, this is the item to have. I have a frost free refrigerator that's not. I buy my proteins in bulk, pack them up and then put them into the freezer. No more freezer burn in my frost free freezer!!!
To save money, I buy meat when they have a good selection and it's on sale. Great for the large meat purchases from Sam's or Kosco. I never buy anything without it being on sale and/or having coupons. The food saver is easy to use but don't bother with the company's customer assistance. Pitiful is all I can say. If you use the bagging material that's provided for you, make sure you turn the bubble side to the bottom or the sealer won't work. I have used this food saver for so many things and really put it through its paces. It has served me well. My meats are great and just like I had just purchased them when I take them out of the freezer. I am some some meat that I put in the freezer back in December and will open it up at the end of the year. Should be interesting and will report about it then. When taking things out of the freezer, the meet looks a bit gray or brown, but don't be deceived! Once the air gets to it, the color comes back.
I recommend that you buy the inexpensive commercial brand of bags or get two rolls of commercial grade to make your own which is what I do. Both hold up very well and will last for a long time in the freezer with no holes or breaks in the seal. I also suggest that you get the food saver storage containers set. They are well worth the money. The canisters keep my coffee fresh, my rice ready to use and my trail mix free form the "nasty" taste that you get when don't eat them before the expiration date.
I take the frozen vegetables out of their package since I need more room for my freezer and repackage them. Another thing I do is to portion out may frozen berries and found that most things freeze well. Blanch fresh veggies before use the sealer. I am not sure why, but the veggies do very well the longer I keep them in the freezer and don't have the burn from the freezer. Maybe it should say frost free but will leave freezer burn without a food saver. Novel idea. However that's using logic and reasoning.
I pack a lot of things in the bags if I am not going to use them, like winter socks and/or clothing that the critters might snack on. Also useful in the garage, just don't put screws in the bags. You will never get them sealed, like "duh!"
This product is great and has saved me so much money. I would buy another in an instant should this one every die from over use.
BUY IT, you won't be sorry.

Easy Spirit Women's Romy Sneaker,White Multi,9 W
Easy Spirit Women's Romy Sneaker,White Multi,9 W
Price: $38.77
6 used & new from $38.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe, June 3, 2014
This was a good buy for the money. I found that the fit was fine and the shoe looks well. This will be good for the long walk and workout in the gym. Well worth it!

Women's Plus Size Jacket reverses from water-resistant nylon to cozy fleece
Women's Plus Size Jacket reverses from water-resistant nylon to cozy fleece
Offered by Woman Within

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a bit large, May 15, 2014
It is large but I really like the jacket. Since I will be in a place that's very cold, this has turned out to be a great error. Lot's of room for layering and the garment is exactly as described. I don't know how they are with returns but I am keeping it. Great for layering and I will enjoy the jacket's versatility.
This is a great jacket for when the weather switches from cool to rainy.

T-fal E9380884 Professional Total Nonstick Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Oven Safe Dishwasher Safe PFOA Free Cookware Fry Pan / Saute Pan, 12-Inch, Black
Offered by GizmosForLife
Price: $29.02
40 used & new from $27.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pan, May 15, 2014
I have found that the pan is exactly as stipulated but the instructions say was with soap and water. Past skillet use has taught me that this is true. The abrasive dishwasher detergent is hard on the surface and you will be able see a change in the color and surface deterioration. Besides, it takes just a second to wash it and dry. I use the old timey, grandmother type dish towels and haven't had a problem.
Pros:
1. It was easy to season and really like the results. I have a number of T-fal nonstick skillets and they last a long time.
2. Cooks at a lower temp which helps with preserving moisture and juices.
3. Will last for a long, long time if properly taken care of.
Cons:
1. You do have to be careful not to over heat on high for a lengthy time as the skillets will warp. Normally not a problem, but I did leave on on the heat and did something else. When I came back, I realized that I had warped the pan. Not the product but personal negligence.
2. You can put them in the oven but has to be lower than 350 degrees. I have given meats a sear and then put the pan in the oven at 325 and the results were great.
3. Use the pan as usual but lower the heat. You won't need it.
4. Make sure you do not use metal on the skillets as you will damage the surface.
The skillet does everything great and I really like how the food comes out.
I have a number of pans and bought two others. All of the pans rate the same.
BUY IT!

North End Ladies Sherpa Fleece Lined Waterproof Jacket. 78651 - XX-Large - Black
Offered by Second Glance Fashions
Price: $67.52
2 used & new from $67.52

1.0 out of 5 stars At least two sizes too small!, May 15, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this jacket to anyone who expects it to be the size indicted. I liked all of the pockets and all of the features listed. However, I was upset when I went to return it and was required to send it back with my own funds. The reason? Just because the size wasn't correct (remember two sizes smaller) wasn't their fault. I did want the jacket and was prepared to order 2 sizes up. This soured me on the entire purchase. I have never had this happen in all of the years doing business with Amazon. I will be very careful to check the vendor who ship from their facilities. Amazon has always been great about any returns I have had and it's a shame that the vendors don't have the same policies.
I will continue to purchase from Amazon.

Usc Trojans Ncaa 26Oz Stainless Steel Water Bottle With Pop-Up Spout
Usc Trojans Ncaa 26Oz Stainless Steel Water Bottle With Pop-Up Spout

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what is said it was, April 11, 2014
The bottle does a great job for workouts and car trips. It keeps the water cool.
However, there is no pop-up spout. I decided not to return it as one I get a SC time, I like to keep them. However, next time I will probably send the time back.

Usc Trojans T-shirt - Usc With Trojans Logo - By Champion - Cardinal - Unisex - 2XL
Offered by Teamstores
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars SC fans unite, April 11, 2014
This is a great sort. Love the logo and it's great. This should be an item for all Trojan fan.

Pinzon 550-Gram Turkish Cotton Bath Towel, Soft Gray
Pinzon 550-Gram Turkish Cotton Bath Towel, Soft Gray
Price: $13.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, April 11, 2014
Okay, my first review touted how wonderful the towels these were. Erase that. When I washed them second time, I found strings coming out of the hem and there was "fuzzes" all over the towel. I thought maybe this was from the dryer until I hung them on the towel rack. Upon closer inspection, these towels were defected. I had read in some reviews that these were very good and there were other reviews that mentioned some of the same problems I saw. I call Amazon and of course they were very courteous and promised to refund my money. I then ordered Egyptian cotton towels which I had ordered at the same time. Those towels were very good and washed well. I normally check things out to insure that I will get the right items. These towels were a big disappointment but I am glad that Amazon allows us to send the items back without having to pay shipping. I will continue to by from Amazon.
DO NOT BUY THIESE TOWELS UNLESS YOU LIKE LINT AND STRINGS!!!

Luxury Spa Collection - 2 Piece Bath Towel Set - 100% Genuine Egyptian Cotton, SAGE GREEN
Offered by Dealway
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These are very nice, April 11, 2014
I do a lot of checking before I buy things. When I decided to buy two sets of bath towels, I chose this brand and another just to compare the two. The towels were much larger than I thought they would be and I am delighted. This set was very well made and they seem to be really sewed well. When washing, I didn't have any lint or anything come off. The towels came out ready to use. When using the towels, I found them to really soak up the moisture and left a very nice feeling.
I wish there were more colors to choose from but am very happy with my color of sage.
I think these will last a long time.

Blue Diamond Almonds 100 Calories Per Bag - 32 Grab and Go Bags,.625 Oz (Individual),20 Oz (net Weight)
Offered by Level 5000
Price: $17.99
19 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these-natural tasting without a bunch of salt., April 11, 2014
I really like these a lot. I occasionally want a handful of nuts and decides to buy these and the Macadamia nuts too. These are really good as they were very fresh and aren't drowned by a ton of salt. I like the crispness of the nuts.
The small bags are jus the right amount for my use. The are about two handful is you have small hands or one if you play basketball!!!! I will order these again due to taste, amount in each back and the availably.
The bags make it easy to take with you or put in a lunch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18